Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 9, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
slaytanic666

u ain't a real supporter if you stop coppin' the brand just cuz it's at zumiez.
I was supporting this brand cause there mad nice but if they start selling out Idk I can't support sell outs
July 9, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Damn though Black would stay online exclusive. Still a great brand just more people will cop.

:)

July 9, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
BlackScale

The nice part about Zumiez is its only available for Zumiez.

You won't find inline nor exclusives from our in store.

It's exclusive for them.

Also fuck swag is not aloud to be sold at Zumiez because it has cursed words on it.

I'll tell you why I opened Zumiez and keep it 110%. The reason why is because Zumiez caters to a great customer that can't get good stuff. We make good stuff and we want people to buy good stuff. It doesn't matter if it's in our stores or Zumiez. Also I have employees to pay and believe me growing a brand exclusive doesn't pay employees and just keeps brands broke. It's cool of you want to live cool and broke but my employees are important and we want to do this forever. You might not understand that concept and once before when I only wanted exclusive stuff that people didn't wear yes that existed 10 plus years ago or even 15 years ago when I started to buy into this culture but it's different now and more people are into the limited type brands. The problem is the new brands coming out have no Steez or originality so I'm stoke I can share my brand with people so they can learn about it.

One thing to always remember I want my followers and supporters to know we are making great exclusives but I also want them to know I want to reach more people.

It's gonna take long before we get to the big leagues like Diamond but I also know Diamond gives a fuck about their customers and don't want to let any of them down like us.

We wouldn't have Black Scale if it wasn't for te customers and if people decide not to wear Black Scale anymore what can we do? All I know is we are going to just become better and make better goods in the future.

Hope another brand owner can tell you that because they eventually start not to give a fuck but people like me will always be in touch with my supporters everyday until Black Scale is no longer here. But don't worry that will never happen. BLVCK is here to stay por vida.

Thank You to everyone on the forums and hope we all see you again in the future.

Bless

Black-Scale.com | Black-Scale.jp | twitter.com/BlackScale | instagram.com/blackscale | facebook.com/blackscalebrandpage

July 9, 2012 @ 05:28 AM
BlackScale

I was supporting this brand cause there mad nice but if they start selling out Idk I can't support sell outs

How are we selling out though?

How long have you been buying clothes in the streetwear world just so I know?

Black-Scale.com | Black-Scale.jp | twitter.com/BlackScale | instagram.com/blackscale | facebook.com/blackscalebrandpage

July 9, 2012 @ 05:38 AM
northbayx415

Congrats meg! The future looks bright.

TPTB Coming Soon!

July 9, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
7thLetter

Sorry for Posting an Ebay Link but i really need to sell this
^Im selling a Gunmetal Two Finger Pyramid Ring from 2010. Still in great condition.

Look at my threads. Im selling HEAT for CHEAP.

July 9, 2012 @ 05:48 AM
Dat1Dude562

It's exclusive for them.

Also fuck swag is not aloud to be sold at Zumiez because it has cursed words on it.

I'll tell you why I opened Zumiez and keep it 110%. The reason why is because Zumiez caters to a great customer that can't get good stuff. We make good stuff and we want people to buy good stuff. It doesn't matter if it's in our stores or Zumiez. Also I have employees to pay and believe me growing a brand exclusive doesn't pay employees and just keeps brands broke. It's cool of you want to live cool and broke but my employees are important and we want to do this forever. You might not understand that concept and once before when I only wanted exclusive stuff that people didn't wear yes that existed 10 plus years ago or even 15 years ago when I started to buy into this culture but it's different now and more people are into the limited type brands. The problem is the new brands coming out have no Steez or originality so I'm stoke I can share my brand with people so they can learn about it.

One thing to always remember I want my followers and supporters to know we are making great exclusives but I also want them to know I want to reach more people.

It's gonna take long before we get to the big leagues like Diamond but I also know Diamond gives a fuck about their customers and don't want to let any of them down like us.

We wouldn't have Black Scale if it wasn't for te customers and if people decide not to wear Black Scale anymore what can we do? All I know is we are going to just become better and make better goods in the future.

Hope another brand owner can tell you that because they eventually start not to give a fuck but people like me will always be in touch with my supporters everyday until Black Scale is no longer here. But don't worry that will never happen. BLVCK is here to stay por vida.

Thank You to everyone on the forums and hope we all see you again in the future.

Bless

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

July 9, 2012 @ 05:55 AM
Angry Chair

read it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

July 9, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
7thLetter

It's exclusive for them.

Bless

Even though it kinda made me laugh.. your still a dick

July 9, 2012 @ 06:02 AM
Angry Chair

It's exclusive for them.

Bless

preach brother. you and your brand inspired me to start a line. i'm tapping into another market than you but i'm sure the early start up struggles are similar even though you had the advantage of working at huf and had the insight into the inner workings of a brand before you began your own venture. it's definitely hard and you have to make the best choices for the company. i aspire to achieve the success you've had. i respect what you've made Blvck Scvle into.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

July 9, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
VOMITSPIT

How are we selling out though?

How long have you been buying clothes in the streetwear world just so I know?

Zumies = W

Black Supreme Safari, Actual Pain, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

July 9, 2012 @ 06:13 AM

Inactive

I see the reasoning. I see why you did it I mean it only make sense to want to get bigger form here....

...but the thing is its still "selling out" in the sense your selling your shit into stores full of kids who wear shit for the hype (Diamond,LRG).

Basically before Blvck Scvle was only associated with Rocky which by itself made this brand a little mysterious, dark and just all around really dope aesthetic but after a bit it started poppin up at Active and Karmaloop. It was gaining a bit of exposure. Which led to more lame ass hyped (diamond cuz of Wiz x supreme cuz of Tyler) wearing it. Now its just going to get worst soon you'll see it on every herb in the mall.

Its going to sky rocket in sales but I feel the aesthetic of a brand i once fucked with will fall. It also makes me not want to get a shirt that some kid who bumps nothing but "trendy" singles and is of Caucasoin or Philippian descent riding for Blvck Scvle without knowing any knowledge of what it come form and whats its about.
July 9, 2012 @ 06:18 AM
hypethetical

for the one who asked, whats written on backside the "illegal"snapback Link

so what does it say
July 9, 2012 @ 06:25 AM
847trill

When half the kids using their parents' credit cards start getting jobs and earning their own money, they'll understand the importance of a brand expanding and reaching a broader audience. I work as a manager at a Zumiez, as well as have friends that own boutiques. Clearly Zumiez isn't the type of place to strive off of cut & sew, whereas a boutique has the clientele for that. If you want to hop off a brand because of a certain place selling it, that shows the type of mentality you have in the first place. If you support the brand, you'll understand that everyone needs to make money to keep going. This same ordeal happened with Nike SB's coming into Zumiez, and i'm sure it'll happen again. I was somewhat bitter about it , just because I've been the only dude rockin Black Scale around here for a long time- but at least i'll be comfortable selling something I like.. Knowing that it'll play a role in Black Scale growing as a company. Try and see the bigger picture.
July 9, 2012 @ 06:28 AM
hpsn

I see the reasoning. I see why you did it I mean it only make sense to want to get bigger form here....

...but the thing is its still "selling out" in the sense your selling your shit into stores full of kids who wear shit for the hype (Diamond,LRG).

Basically before Blvck Scvle was only associated with Rocky which by itself made this brand a little mysterious, dark and just all around really dope aesthetic but after a bit it started poppin up at Active and Karmaloop. It was gaining a bit of exposure. Which led to more lame ass hyped (diamond cuz of Wiz x supreme cuz of Tyler) wearing it. Now its just going to get worst soon you'll see it on every herb in the mall.

Its going to sky rocket in sales but I feel the aesthetic of a brand i once fucked with will fall. It also makes me not want to get a shirt that some kid who bumps nothing but "trendy" singles and is of Caucasoin or Philippian descent riding for Blvck Scvle without knowing any knowledge of what it come form and whats its about.

Not that it matters but Mega is filipino

art since 1900

July 9, 2012 @ 06:28 AM
7thLetter

for the one who asked, whats written on backside the "illegal"snapback Link

so what does it say

I still couldn't find out what it said. But at least i now know that its a green bottom. =)

July 9, 2012 @ 06:32 AM
BuddyOmar

There's no argument here. Mega and his niggas want to make money. Simple as that. This is this boy's livelihood. He's just expanding his consumer base. The only people bitching are disillusioned niggas with the financial sense of MC Hammer. Let this nigga live and make his tees.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

July 9, 2012 @ 06:33 AM

Inactive

You signed up to say that.
July 9, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
Youth In Asia

When half the kids using their parents' credit cards start getting jobs and earning their own money, they'll understand the importance of a brand expanding and reaching a broader audience. I work as a manager at a Zumiez, as well as have friends that own boutiques. Clearly Zumiez isn't the type of place to strive off of cut & sew, whereas a boutique has the clientele for that. If you want to hop off a brand because of a certain place selling it, that shows the type of mentality you have in the first place. If you support the brand, you'll understand that everyone needs to make money to keep going. This same ordeal happened with Nike SB's coming into Zumiez, and i'm sure it'll happen again. I was somewhat bitter about it , just because I've been the only dude rockin Black Scale around here for a long time- but at least i'll be comfortable selling something I like.. Knowing that it'll play a role in Black Scale growing as a company. Try and see the bigger picture.

But Nike SB and those other brands FIT in Zumiez. They are skate brands. Like how when The Hundreds quote unquote sold out and made its way into Zumiez at least it fit for the people that usually go into a Zumiez store. What upsets me isn't that Black Scale is in a mainstream store it's that the environment tarnishes the dark image of the brand cause I don't think at all Black Scale should be sitting on the shelf next to DC skate shit, as it isn't a skate brand. I'm all for the brand expanding but this just seemed like the wrong place

FPM - MUCKFATH

July 9, 2012 @ 06:46 AM
VOMITSPIT

Yes.. this is the exact same thing The Hundreds did, now go peek at the 2012 thread. Every herb rocks an atom bomb logo with cargo shots now. But people have to realize, it's not like the days when you'd go to your local boutique and talk about Hip-Hop and clothing releases, the culture died a long time ago. End of the day, all bullshit aside, Mega would rather make lots of money and watch his label expand vs. keeping it exclusive for people.

Black Supreme Safari, Actual Pain, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

July 9, 2012 @ 06:46 AM
847trill

But Nike SB and those other brands FIT in Zumiez. They are skate brands. Like how when The Hundreds quote unquote sold out and made its way into Zumiez at least it fit for the people that usually go into a Zumiez store. What upsets me isn't that Black Scale is in a mainstream store it's that the environment tarnishes the dark image of the brand cause I don't think at all Black Scale should be sitting on the shelf next to DC skate shit, as it isn't a skate brand. I'm all for the brand expanding but this just seemed like the wrong place

I definitely understand what you're saying - I still won't be happy if our store personally carries it as I know we just started getting it as a company. I guess the typical Zumiez is highly skate oriented, whereas in the Chicago area, we have a different customer demographic. Our most popular brand right now is Diamond, just because people who can't order online only know to come to Zumiez. Again, I'm not on any particular side of this whole ordeal - I didn't think we would pick up Black Scale, nor do I think it will do well at most Zumiez stores. I can imagine kids seeing it in store though, not liking the particular selection and then moving on to the actual Black Scale site to find more stuff. It puts people on to a brand, whatever - can't go out there and bash every single kid who portrays a brand in a poor fashion.
July 9, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
qrct1

look blvck scvle is expanding with or without you (not directed to anyone) and if you're that caught up with wearing shit that nobody else would wear or if you feel that your uniqueness is threatened by others wearing the same t-shirts as you then you are obviously not with the fvmiliv.

undftd is showing up in footlocker in select malls.
hundreds, diamond have been out here.
crooks kinda followed.

BS is popular now man it's hot shit. I'm sure it was once appreciated for its underground clique feel, but more and more celebrities and rappers are wanting it, so it's obviously not a secret anymore. it's a great move for BS, if it really is their first time coming to Zumiez, but according to someone else it apparently isn't. I think it was BuddyOmar that said this. correct me if i'm wrong i don't really want to go back and look for it.

aeterna13.com

July 9, 2012 @ 06:54 AM
Uncle Jack

So when are those fuck swags dropping? Fuck selling out black scale is dope simple as that. More people should rock it but they should truly understand it, that is the problem with being at such accessible retailers like Zumiez. What can you do tho gotta make that paper

Thinkin of a Lambo, Bathin' Ape Camo

July 9, 2012 @ 06:58 AM
hypethetical

ehhh...ppl just love the exclusivity man. How many of you guys have actually had the chance to walk into a Black Scale store? I guess I'm fortunate because BSLA is minutes away from me. It's a business and it's always about improving each and everyday, I don't blame Mega and Black Scale at all. For those who complain about not having a BS store in your city, now you complain about having Black Scale at your local mall? Buy what you like and stop worrying about others
July 9, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
VOMITSPIT

look blvck scvle is expanding with or without you (not directed to anyone) and if you're that caught up with wearing shit that nobody else would wear or if you feel that your uniqueness is threatened by others wearing the same t-shirts as you then you are obviously not with the fvmiliv.

undftd is showing up in footlocker in select malls.
hundreds, diamond have been out here.
crooks kinda followed.

BS is popular now man it's hot shit. I'm sure it was once appreciated for its underground clique feel, but more and more celebrities and rappers are wanting it, so it's obviously not a secret anymore. it's a great move for BS, if it really is their first time coming to Zumiez, but according to someone else it apparently isn't. I think it was BuddyOmar that said this. correct me if i'm wrong i don't really want to go back and look for it.

lol crooks been in the mall for years. 10deep has too, somewhat low key though. Undftd selling at footlocker is way different than this. All in all everyone should quit crying about shit, there is nothing you can say or do to sway what a growing label does.

July 9, 2012 @ 10:14 AM
BlackScale

It's exclusive for them.

Bless

Did you ask your mom to read to u. Lol. Just kidding. Love u

July 9, 2012 @ 10:19 AM
BlackScale

Not that it matters but Mega is filipino

Yes and proud of it. 110%. Filipinos love shoes an clothes. Fuck the presidents wide Imelda Marcos had a crazy show collection.

July 9, 2012 @ 10:23 AM
BlackScale

Oder your point. We are here to help change that.

We chose our lane and we didn't expect big doors to support it. Shit we didn't expect anyone to support but since we have our own lane and people started to be brave and understand it your aesthetic behind you as a person people loved it. That's the goal. Let people make their own decisions and not have people in their war be the way you dress. You spend your own money to feel the way you want to feel. I dress because of me and not because what others think is fresh.

July 9, 2012 @ 10:30 AM
BlackScale

The amount of replies and taking the time to reply is great.

I love the forums. It's 3:27am and I come home to all the replies. That's what it is.

The culture is amazing. I love this shit. I love how people can say whatever they like.

That's what true streetwear is.

Remember this I'm never selling out, I just want to have a succesful business and if you don't understand that than maybe this isn't for you. I wear very hard to find brands and one day I hope they blow. I wear certain things to educate consumers that ask. Why keep it a secret? We don't have much time to live.

July 9, 2012 @ 10:32 AM
BlackScale

BLVCK is forever.

Black Scale is for the people.

Please login first to reply.