Brick James

^i dont know about nick lol, remeber the misfits incident lol

I dont(probally b/c of my age) Do tell.
September 4, 2006 @ 08:46 PM
belladonna

any pics of this H&M chain tee?

September 4, 2006 @ 08:46 PM
OrijahnalFlava

who really cares, i heard the hundreds bited triumvir3 hoodie thats why they rushed there production on it and there hoodies look like shit. i had the hundreds presley hoodie for like a week and didnt like quality end up sellin it. i just got the triumvir3 hoodie the quality is nice would be better if it was a little cheaper : ] Also i over heard the hundreds and triumvir3 arent in good terms, some insiders say hundreds is also cock blocking some other bands like orisue. if its true *SMH* on the hundreds. this fall, Triumvir has a Tee aiming at the hundreds. but their problem, just hoping they both do good.

smile
September 4, 2006 @ 08:49 PM

Inactive

I dont(probally b/c of my age) Do tell.

lol nah it was recently

Misfits ordered Nick to cease and desist those tees.
September 4, 2006 @ 09:14 PM

Inactive

That tee aint to bad.
September 4, 2006 @ 09:16 PM
ice grillz

detail on the h&m chain is way better than 10 deep.
not to mention the type of fabric it's printed on.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

September 4, 2006 @ 09:21 PM
loxdupe

smile

cool
September 4, 2006 @ 10:23 PM
CaliStyle

10 deeps came out before theirs. rocawear didnt have one until this fall, 10 deeps was out in spring. the urban brands watch what the smaller street brands do VERY CLOSELY. its more connected than you think.

WHO CARES if 10 deeps shit came before H&M.????

does your ignorant a55 know just how many companies did the chain print way before 10 deep? H&M certainly isnt original but neither is 10 deep and HM definitely was not trying to copy 10 deep when a.) 10 deep didnt invent nor start the chain print craze and b.) 10 deeps clothes/quality is pure shite!
September 4, 2006 @ 10:31 PM
Brick James

lol nah it was recently

Misfits ordered Nick to cease and desist those tees.

I did not know this lol, thats some funny shit
September 4, 2006 @ 10:42 PM
ciph$

I like TH's better just for the fact the front of the shirt is chunking deuce. haha.
September 5, 2006 @ 06:08 PM
jfingaz

Whats funny is LV has some chain gang type purses. But they look like cheap quality. Most of that stuff was for little girls as well. i saw a little girl with a track suit that had chains and rubies allover. whatever i but what i like.
September 5, 2006 @ 06:35 PM
modernART

I think the biggest misconception going around is all this talk about "so and so didn't invent this or that blah blah blah"

The reason I say this is because, sure you guys are right, 10 DEEP did not invent the chain gang print, neither did H&M. But who will be known for such a design? 10 deep will be, not h&m.

It's like with the whole bandana around the neck craze. A lot of people say Pharrell started it, but people are so quick to argue with their counter examples saying cowboys and bandits and such were the ones who started that fashion statement, but again, who is the reason why these bandanas have risen again? Cowboys or Pharrell?

Or the all-over print, yeah BAPE didn't invent it and sure as hell weren't the first to do something like that, but who do these other brands look to to get influence? They looked to bape's all-over prints for influence, not fucking hawaiian print all-over shirts that have been around for a loing time.

Anyways....
September 5, 2006 @ 06:39 PM
emmanuelabor

middle finger > fingers crossed

Im gonna make that shirt

a thumbs up on the front

a middle finger up on the back.

copywritten so dont bite that incredible idea!

smile
September 5, 2006 @ 06:46 PM
modernART

lol
September 5, 2006 @ 07:02 PM
Kodak

Everybody stop complaining. H&M bites everyone from Dior to Chloe. Thats what makes people want to shop there, cheap prices and the lastest trends. 10 Deep should be flattered that they even wanted to rip the design(though it is not truly theirs.).
September 5, 2006 @ 07:19 PM
iconstatus

I had no idea anybody even shopped at H&M. It's like a Payless for people who can't afford Barney's.
September 5, 2006 @ 07:23 PM
Kodak

Why do you thinks there stores are open, people obviously shop at them.
September 5, 2006 @ 07:36 PM
embark

I had no idea anybody even shopped at H&M. It's like a Payless for people who can't afford Barney's.

Youve clearly been in Princeton NJ for too long.. all the stores in the city get mad biz. Bad thing is that somebody put the HS crowd onto it so its a wrap for me.
September 5, 2006 @ 07:45 PM
bigsink

I didnt even know they sold men's stuff untill recently. crazy femme but okayyy smile
September 5, 2006 @ 08:02 PM
Kodak

Only some of the stores carry mens items.
September 5, 2006 @ 09:54 PM
superkhy

they recently released an "all-over" hoodie with sneakers on it (and a tee with the same pattern). take the chains pattern, this hundreds "rip", and the striped hoodie, i wouldn't be surprised if H&M are taking some inspiration from current street fashion trends.
September 6, 2006 @ 12:54 AM
swurv

they recently released an "all-over" hoodie with sneakers on it (and a tee with the same pattern). take the chains pattern, this hundreds "rip", and the striped hoodie, i wouldn't be surprised if H&M are taking some inspiration from current street fashion trends.

I would say that is EXACTLY what they are doing. Follow where the money goes. Its business man, pure and simple. This stuff is blowing up, it's in the fucking NY times, theres a show on ESPN, face it, its mainstream. The question is, for those who 'let the cat outta the bag', is where do things go from here?, I mean is H&M gonna be all over this ish and ride it into the ground? Think Ironic Trucker Caps, and those shirts with a collar opening that looks like a loose vagina. H&M lives for crappy trends, so does gap, old navy, A&F, etc. Wait till ya see Aeropostale doing all-over hoody's, then ya know its time to slit yer wrists and agonize over why ya spent 4 bills on a pink sweater.

I'm being cynical. Sorry. My point is, where is everyone gonna be next year? I mean I never shopped at H&M, and I once owned something from the GAP a relative bought me for christmas. Those stores don't represent me, my lifestyle, my steez. And I aint giving em my money. They can parrot ish that comes from 'real' lifestyle brands, but they are simply banking loot better deserved by companies with guys who are putting in the grind, the hustle, and coming up with the stuff we all like. I put my money where my mouth is, and I dont own so much as a pair of boxers from the GAP.

And I aint gonna front and be political, I know AAA and all them prolly making them shirts in Bangladesh, or Burma or some other wack dictatorship. And so that makes alot of these brands guilty by association. But the GAP, and all them, they got the leverage to induce change, they ain't no startup by two guys with a screenprinter and an idea.

So I'll be damned if I cop to their marketing, and let myself buy a shirt, knowing its sharkier than chinese soup, made by guys who dont know shit about my life, my preferences. So they pirahna the style and make it easy for Jimmy's moms to dig. Its soft-serve, vanilla shit. Like them wannabe Air's in payless, or the Byway special shell toes. Someone tell me they would rock Payless 'heat'?
September 6, 2006 @ 02:26 PM
Liquid Swords

I think everyone missed this.

...same concept as a shirt that THE HUNDREDS released a while back.

AND it was only 12.99.

Of course H&M would have better quality... They are a huge chain.. The Hundreds probably gets T's printed at Alstyle... it's not like they are doing their own Cut and Sew T's... its just plain T's that are screen printed...

What do the Hundreds charge per shirt again? Heh.

And if you think 10 Deep was the first to come up with the chain design, you're a fucking moron.
September 6, 2006 @ 04:25 PM
swurv

I agree, hundreds charges more for their shirts. And I smile and fork it over. Its the price of having the REAL ish. You think it costs Couch more than like 5-10 bucks per purse? How about a pair of Tom Ford or Jean Paul Gaultier sunglasses?, I mean in Chinatown I see bites of those for 5 bucks. I guess I'm nuts paying 200-300 for a peice of moulded plastic right? riiiiiiigt.......

So the guys who design the stuff, screw them, I mean they didnt do anything except draw something or come up with an idea for a fresh shirt (oops sorry, I forgot, no-one 'comes up' with anything, Ten Deep wasn't the first to do all over chain prints, and BAPE didnt invent the colour teal.....)

So screw em right?, like why pay 30 bucks for a shirt, I mean its not like the retailer is marking it up 100-150%, and the brand is getting their cut after costs of production, and the whole 'lifestyle' all these fucking biters are chomping on just happens spontaneously for free. So they(H&M) can make em in mass, tender out contracts to factories in Taiwan, and sell em for 12.99 and still prolly make a bigger % profit than all the boutiques and guys who design the stuff they are copying.

But that doesnt matter when you shop at H&M, because when the scene from which they are stealing from is mined for all the creativity of other people, they can just go to the next thing and repeat process. I mean theHundreds, Diamond, Mishka, all dem guys, they will still have their core of consumers to support them, after the fad-junkies move onto whatever H&M is copying next. And the real kids will build. And Build. Everyone says Stussy and BAPE did it thru ignoring the ups and downs. So support the real brands.

BTW-I dont think this will affect brands like thehundreds, king stampede, etc. because people who have been buying their shit are a completely different demographic and market than H&M and the GAP. Its only in the last year or two that the demographic is starting to crossover as these smaller brands become more 'mainstream'. I remember seeing something called 'exhuast' jeans waaaay back in crappy mall-biter store 'Stiches', with a logo that you could almost see teeth-marks in. They were EXACTLY like EXCO (the killers of Ecko) and like them they copied a street brands steelo. So they had a logo that looked exactly like the stussy one, two lil dots and everything, only it said exhuast.

"But they cost 2 for 19.99$....." thats CANADIAN too. I bought em. I was like 12. By the time I turned 14-15, I recognized biters when I seen em. I threw them shits out. I have been a snob ever since. And will continue to be. If you disagree with me, thats fine. But you know you just cheap. I remember putting a Versace shirt on LAYAWAY, saving Paper Route $$ when I was like 14. Word.
September 6, 2006 @ 09:35 PM
superkhy

I'm being cynical. Sorry. My point is, where is everyone gonna be next year?

i think street fashion will remain where ever labels such as H&M, Gap, and Abercombie&Fitch is not. since fashion, by definition, is constantly changing, it's only normal that mainstream brands eventually "invade" our terrority, and we'll have to change our style to go against the mainstream.

who knows, maybe in a year or two, H&M will look like 10Deep and 10Deep will look like Gap. meh
September 6, 2006 @ 09:49 PM
naysayer

Bottom line, you buy the Hundreds tee, the 10 Deep tee, etc to support the small Streetwear brands that you like
September 7, 2006 @ 12:19 AM
spykeflipb01

iono about h&m and im not really a gap/AE/abercrombie/ etc type person in fact i cringe anytime i go in those stores but if they made a decent hoodie(like that striped on that came out recently i think) ill swallow my pride n walk into H&M then get that hoodie.
September 7, 2006 @ 12:57 AM
belladonna

a&f had a fur lined hoody before i saw any street brands doing something similar
September 7, 2006 @ 01:24 AM
embark

a&f had a fur lined hoody before i saw any street brands doing something similar

true indeed. The flow of ingenuity doesnt ALWAYS flow from smaller street-wear brands to larger chains. Street brands are INFAMOUS for biting (and its only getting worse).
My only point is lets not all jump on the fuck a&f and H&M all-together bandwagon. There is nothing wrong with throwing something simple into your outfit that compliments a fucking pair of patent leather kicks or a loud allover print Tee/hoody. personally i dont fuck with a&f really at all but I feel some heads (especially High schoolers and some designers even) get too cought up with the hype and forget about actually looking good. H&M can be good at comming up with some simple looking "stylish" shit that compliments your favorite streetwear.

Who ever that is in belladonna's pic killed that chain tshirt with that necklace.
September 7, 2006 @ 02:41 AM

Inactive

That's belladonna.

Please login first to reply.