Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 7, 2011 @ 07:31 PM
TH9

This is the official superfuture thread for Toj, a line of made to order men's outerwear, tailored basics and accessories.

For those not yet familiar, we work with you to ensure a satisfactory fit and can customize measurements, and sometimes material choices.

The ordering process is simple; email [email]templeofjawnz@gmail.com[/email] with the item you're interested in commissioning, and we will send you a swift reply and talk about sizing and material options with you.

Because we make each piece one by one with unique sizing and features, and relative to the order in which they were commissioned, our lead time can be from 3 to around 5 weeks, depending on the item and manufacturing process.

Current availability, January 2011:

1. The Double Rider's jacket, available in black calf, black New Zealand lamb, with all-black YKK Japan zippers, sateen lining: $710 shipped. Women's version available upon enquiry.
2. The Moto jacket, available in black calf or black New Zealand lamb, with all-black YKK Japan zippers, sateen lining: $710 shipped
3. The Bomber jacket, available in black and brown calf, black and brown lamb, and other colors upon request; matching sateen lining and YKK Japan zippers. $710 shipped.
4. The Peacoat, available in a multitude of melton 'highmere' wools, with matching NZ lambskin trim and genuine horn buttons, with sateen lining. A light quilted polyfill insulation is available at an extra charge of $15. From $485 shipped
5. The Toj Winter Varsity, 2010-2011: available in a multitude of body and sleeve color combinations; in highmere with NZ or Italian lambskin sleeves. -discontinued-
6. The Duffle coat; available in a multitude of melton 'highmere' wools, with calfskin and natural horn toggle and button trims throughout, traditional local rope or black cotton cord, and sateen lining. Light quilted polyfill insulation $15 extra. $505 shipped
7. The Chesterfield coat, $485 shipped.
8. The Toj fishtail parka, two layers of melton highmere wool, removable jacket faced in sateen insulation, leather trimmings throughout, sateen grosgrain tape and YKK Japan zipper detail, removable natural fur collar trim, natural horn buttons throughout, handmade leather drawstring stoppers. $550 shipped.
9. The Seabag; brown front quarter horsehide, to carry 3 ways, $415 shipped.

enquiries: [email]templeofjawnz@gmail.com[/email]

10char
January 7, 2011 @ 10:47 PM
CapnNemo

Sweet, the winter varsity.
January 8, 2011 @ 10:33 AM
trnst

Is it still possible to order a winter varsity ?
January 8, 2011 @ 10:45 AM
traCk.

January 8, 2011 @ 10:48 AM
stoompa

I'll get some toj gear some day..
January 9, 2011 @ 08:55 AM
AllenFang

did Toj up their prices?
graphr.net/toj/1.5/
a winter varsity here says 260... =/.
January 9, 2011 @ 01:12 PM
mykeysplease

wooooooooooooo
January 9, 2011 @ 01:39 PM
TH9

yep, ToJ prices have been steadily crawling up, but so has the construction quality / cut / materials to the best of my understanding.

also, looks like the winter varsity is being discontinued. I'm not too sure, but fwiw I think they will reintroduce it as a regular (not winter-heavy) raglan varsity, can't be bothered to find source.

All good things must come to an end. So, the time has come for the final round of raglan winter varsities.

Orders for them will close on the 20th at 11:00PM Seoul time.

They are $350 USD (worldwide shipping included in price).

Available colorways:
all-black, solid color trim
all-black, with white striped trim
all-chocolate brown, solid color trim
black body, purple sleeves, black trim with purple or white stripes
loden green, tonal loden green sleeves, loden green solid trim
light grey body, white sleeves, medium dark grey trim with white stripes
navy body, cherry red sleeves, navy trim with red stripes
navy body, caramel sleeves, navy trim with white stripes
navy body, beige sleeves, navy trim with beige stripes
cherry red body, beige sleeves, cherry trim with beige stripes

Size chart:
January 9, 2011 @ 08:49 PM
livestok

yep, ToJ prices have been steadily crawling up, but so has the construction quality / cut / materials to the best of my understanding.

also, looks like the winter varsity is being discontinued. I'm not too sure, but fwiw I think they will reintroduce it as a regular (not winter-heavy) raglan varsity, can't be bothered to find source.

not true

drew has said hes raising price because he has to pay IRS now. so that explains the most recent price hike but he has been increasing is prices steadily every few months. he entered the market with like $500 leathers and $250 varsities now they are $700 for leathers and $350 varsities
January 9, 2011 @ 11:48 PM
TH9

not true

drew has said hes raising price because he has to pay IRS now. so that explains the most recent price hike but he has been increasing is prices steadily every few months. he entered the market with like $500 leathers and $250 varsities now they are $700 for leathers and $350 varsities

lol, you say not true and then proceed to say something completely irrelevant that in no way shows that construction quality / cut / materials have NOT been improving.
January 9, 2011 @ 11:50 PM
cochlearism

beautifuljackets..i need to get one of those!
January 9, 2011 @ 11:57 PM
Charlie Sheen

nothing is improving, materials used on first WV were better than whats being used now.
January 10, 2011 @ 05:51 AM
AllenFang

are winter varsities or varsities over?
and about what temperature do you guys think its about right to wear
a winter varsity over a varsity?
January 10, 2011 @ 10:21 AM
NOVEMBER RED

wow, a beautiful collection indeed. Thank you for posting this!

NOVEMBER RED® www.november-red.com TUMBLR www.novemberred.tumblr.com TWITTER @November_Red

January 10, 2011 @ 12:59 PM
solerpower

i really want one but dont know what size to get im 5'5 should i go with size 44 or 45?
January 10, 2011 @ 02:47 PM
TH9

@Sponge: the first (non-winter) varsities DID use stuff like silk and gore-tex and RiRi as far as I know, but honestly the cut wasn't too fantastic. And I think the first WV used regular leather as opposed to lambskin, not sure how accurate your statement is. Leathers were without doubt upgraded in cut (just compare the old bomber to new, and imo the riders looks a lot more streamlined too) and I'm also pretty sure they upgraded the zips too -- i THINK they didn't start with the ball zips.

@AllenFang: WV's end Jan 20, better order quick if you want one haha. They're just insulated jackets, I've heard about Canadians being fine with them for winter, for what it's worth.

@solepower: email them to ask, Drew / his team are very helpful for most things.
January 10, 2011 @ 06:19 PM
livestok

lol, you say not true and then proceed to say something completely irrelevant that in no way shows that construction quality / cut / materials have NOT been improving.

are u dumb? hes raising prices because of the IRS, has nothing to do with the quality/cut/mats
January 10, 2011 @ 06:21 PM
livestok

@Sponge: the first (non-winter) varsities DID use stuff like silk and gore-tex and RiRi as far as I know, but honestly the cut wasn't too fantastic. And I think the first WV used regular leather as opposed to lambskin, not sure how accurate your statement is. Leathers were without doubt upgraded in cut (just compare the old bomber to new, and imo the riders looks a lot more streamlined too) and I'm also pretty sure they upgraded the zips too -- i THINK they didn't start with the ball zips.

@AllenFang: WV's end Jan 20, better order quick if you want one haha. They're just insulated jackets, I've heard about Canadians being fine with them for winter, for what it's worth.

@solepower: email them to ask, Drew / his team are very helpful for most things.

lambskin isnt real leather? the change in cut has nothing to do wiht the price raise he is just improving his product because he wants to and its completely subjective what maybe more attractive to you maybe different for other people. anyways ur speculation means nothing because DREW HIMSELF has given reasons for the price hikes so just please stfu
January 20, 2011 @ 12:10 PM
TH9

ToJ varsities are out of production as of 10 minutes ago or so, I believe (give or take an hour).

Also, some pics of a newer model.

Alright, we had to make one last FIshtail Parka sample before our run gets sewn up (fabric is all laminated and cut for assembly, and so that means it's just three pitches and they're done at this point) because I tweaked the sleeve taper and had to make sure it worked before we gave the go ahead to run all the coats up. Everything else is the same as you saw before, but this time I wanted to show you the lining, because I changed it ever so slightly for performance;

- before, I'd planned on outer (wool) - lining (sateen cupro) - (wool) -> 2oz polyfill (faced in the same cupro).... so it was gonna be double wool layers. But I realized that was adding weight and not high performing enough for what I wanted to do, so we took that liner jacket's outside and turned it to cupro, but internally we added a third jacket essentially, of windstopper and taped the seams. (the material sample is pictured below, last) - it's gonna be warm as hell. The windstopper and taping, you won't see, it's inside the liner jacket. You can see the button-out liner in the lower pics, the sleeves reach to about 9/10ths and then button on there.
The windstopping fabric and that white taping is also used in things like North Face jackets and Dainese motorcycle jackets, it's good stuff.

-Also, the only other thing I ran into during the preparations/making of this coat was that the grosgrain tape we're gonna have on these, there was no dark olive grosgrain, so (only) olive green Fishtail guys: your coats will have the grosgrain strip done in the same wool fabric as the shell, to match. That only applies to olive coats, the rest get grosgrain. So to illustrate this, we made this second sample with a self-fabric strip where the grosgrain was on the first sample. It's just for illustration purposes as i said, and only the few guys who ordered olive need to worry about this announcement.

Anyway, no changes from the first sample essentially, besides the thing about the green tape, and the fact that we upped the inner liner with windstopper and seam tape. Still 100% swag juice. I was trying to take a photo of the coat on my baker's scale, but I didn't know the scale maxed at 2 kilos. suprised So I don't know how much this weighs, but obviously more than 2 kilos.

Onto some pics....

Anyway, watch for these to start rolling out.
January 20, 2011 @ 06:47 PM
brahv

i copped a 44 in the navy/cream colorway.
best purchase of my wee ass life <3
January 21, 2011 @ 12:40 AM
FreshWang03

wish the old bomber style could still be bought
January 21, 2011 @ 03:42 PM
nglitches

The Winter varsity is really a great jacket. I wish the one that I bought off the forums fit me well. I'm reselling it (only tried on)-- peep sig.

January 21, 2011 @ 08:20 PM
Whoknewi

TOJ makes really good clothes. I've kept everything I purchased from the temple, except for a calfskin original DR because it didn't fit me too well in the shoulders.
January 23, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
brahv

dang no toj love on hp sad
February 9, 2011 @ 09:37 AM
STICK UP KIDS

That Winter Varsity is Gangster.
February 15, 2011 @ 12:07 AM
CapnNemo

The Winter varsity is really a great jacket. I wish the one that I bought off the forums fit me well. I'm reselling it (only tried on)-- peep sig.

How did you size on this? I want a TOJ like this but slightly longer in length.
I'm 6'0 around 145.
February 22, 2011 @ 11:43 AM
TH9

updated OP. No more varsity jackets, and a new bag.
March 2, 2011 @ 09:40 PM
PDL24DCP

The bag is nice, but so expensive, and the ropes look eh...
March 8, 2011 @ 05:15 PM
TH9

New lighter, more minimalist design for the Double Rider for 2011. Same price, old version still available. New iterations of other jackets coming soon as well.
March 8, 2011 @ 08:11 PM
Scotty

^ hahaha funny was just going to come in here posting i put an order for a rider.. One on the left actually! haha

Please login first to reply.