FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
January 3, 2011 @ 03:28 AM
Captainc

Any information on the diamond backpack?

SELLING LOT'S OF DIAMOND SUPPLY CLOTHES - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/189137 & http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/189139

January 3, 2011 @ 04:04 AM
jayyypee

I wanna ditch but walk the stage at the same time cuz i really want the black and red ! Nick release it on a saturday please ! =)
January 3, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
GrimeyAssLos

RT @GrimeyAssLos: @nickydiamonds speaking about huf, when that collab coming out, seriously cannot wait 4 that. After last CurrenSy Drop. cool
January 3, 2011 @ 12:32 PM
News worthy

Smoke Rings, Eternal, and the SA part 3 are all pretty nice. probably get those in Black
January 3, 2011 @ 12:38 PM
News worthy

How about another Hall of Fame Collab? Also I smell a cease and desist letter comin. Apple is going to be pissed about that. Still like that diamond stays true and tests the water though.
On a sidebar when can we expect the Huf collab?
January 3, 2011 @ 12:41 PM
GrimeyAssLos

^check 2 posts up
January 3, 2011 @ 01:02 PM
slickmustafa

i'm planning to get the fillmore lions and OG stamp crewnecks in medium. do they fit true to size or should I size down?
January 3, 2011 @ 02:19 PM
News worthy

My bad God's son. I was replying from page 5 or 6 wherever the hell he posted the new shit at. I hadn't quite made it to page 9. Good looking though. And apple can issue a cease and desist letter they may not win, but you're infringing on their logo with the rainbow plus the bite mark missing. I'm not saying they'd win my point is it's the same as opening a Mcronalds who serves cheeseburgers you're too close on the name, and Mcdonalds can take that to court. P.S SMH at cats thinking the rainbow is the reason for infringing. It's the entire logo the similarities. Anyway back to normal discussion
January 3, 2011 @ 02:27 PM
Captainc

i'm planning to get the fillmore lions and OG stamp crewnecks in medium. do they fit true to size or should I size down?

Stay true to size. DSC uses new crew necks. Fit way better.

SELLING LOT'S OF DIAMOND SUPPLY CLOTHES - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/189137 & http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/189139

January 3, 2011 @ 02:33 PM
News worthy

smh nigs can't even read. two posts up smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm

and apple can't cease and desist that because they aren't infringing on copyright. you can't trademark the rainbow ♥♥♥♥♥. it's colors.

Cause Tiffany isn't a color right? Come correct homie. Colors, logos, it can all be trade marked. You wanna let this argument die, and get on topic with Diamond cause no one was clowning til you came through on that SMH shit
January 3, 2011 @ 02:34 PM
igotssssoul

TTS man. But aren't all the Fillmore crews sold out?
January 3, 2011 @ 02:35 PM
chargerfan

How about another Hall of Fame Collab? Also I smell a cease and desist letter comin. Apple is going to be pissed about that. Still like that diamond stays true and tests the water though.
On a sidebar when can we expect the Huf collab?

Polar bear claw in black is gonna drop this year I'm assuming
January 3, 2011 @ 02:46 PM
News worthy

Polar bear claw in black is gonna drop this year I'm assuming

Would be nice to get that, but I'd also like to see something new from those two.
January 3, 2011 @ 03:10 PM
igotssssoul

ok so why isn't supreme out of business then?

And Nick didn't get in trouble for using the celedon color, he got in trouble for calling it Tiffany, which is a trademarked name.

Without typing up an assload of pages containing all of it's technicalities, it is possible to trademark a color. I'm not implying that Apple's gay rainbow is trademarked or Tiffany & Co's teal hue is trademarked--I really don't know. But in the mid-90's there was a company that was sued for that reason and was penalized, which led to a lengthy "loop hole" of new trademark laws spearheaded by the Supreme Court. I don't remember what all the specifics entail, but I remember the ridiculousness of it. Vaguely put, huge iconic companies can sue the "little guys" if an alternative combination of colors are an available option. It gets into lame details about the psychological aspects of "color branding" in contrast to successful marketing. And so far, some big dogs eat and some don't. It's such a retarded variable. Anyway, I'm sure I just bored the shit outta you, but I'm on my second cup of coffee and bored as fuck at work myself. lol. Plus, my homie up in the bay works for a law firm and talks about odd fyi's like this whenever we burn some greenery.
January 3, 2011 @ 03:16 PM
mrh

Yeah i remember a while back in a diamond thread they were talking about trademarks on weird shit and idk Im pretty sure Nick knows what he's getting into by making that shirt so I wouldnt actually expect any trouble with it
January 3, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
igotssssoul

tiffany actually is trademarked but its the exact colorway. unless nick copies the exact hue of apples logo and they trademarked it, which i highly doubt they did, would there be any real chance of a cease and desist letter. just because nick made a logo that looks like something else doesn't mean theres gonna be a cease and desist letter.

Realistically, I doubt it. Just thought I'd share some douchebag tie n' suitcase info. lol. Besides, that's not enough loot to make Apple salivate at the idea of gathering their lawyers to sue him. Sure Nick is well aware of what he's doing. And I want that tee in navy anyway, so it better drop.
January 3, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
Diamond

The shade of blue we use is a shade off from what Tiffany & Co. uses so with the cease and desist they filed against us we only had to refrain from using the word Tiffany to describe the color. Diamond Blue was born.

As for Apple, It is def risky but sometimes when something is dope u have to roll with it. We have taken many risks over the years and paid the price heavy for one of them. I like the shirt so guess we will just have to see what happens.
January 3, 2011 @ 03:56 PM
LUPS

The shade of blue we use is a shade off from what Tiffany & Co. uses so with the cease and desist they filed against us we only had to refrain from using the word Tiffany to describe the color. Diamond Blue was born.

As for Apple, It is def risky but sometimes when something is dope u have to roll with it. We have taken many risks over the years and paid the price heavy for one of them. I like the shirt so guess we will just have to see what happens.

Thats whats up thats whats up

|| instagram: lups1 ||

January 3, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
Diamond

Past Cease and desists I can think of.... this may be it.
!. Misfits "Collabo NY tee"
2. Iron Maiden "Runnin Shit Tee"We lost big on this one.
3. Tabasco ' Active exclusive P-Rod tee"
4. Tiffany & Co. "Using term Tiffany"
5. Damien Hirst "10 Deep Diamond Collab tee"

We have done an assortment of others that I thought we
would get hit with but haven't. I try not to rip logos very often
but sometimes they work to good to pass up.
January 3, 2011 @ 04:11 PM
shoothoops19

buy tts

---------> http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/145286/ <---------

January 3, 2011 @ 04:13 PM
Diamond

Not really a Cease and Desist story but around the time Rogue Status first came out I designed a tee with Diamonds and Guns all over print. We had it in our catalog & Rob Dyrdek called me and said they had a RS tee that looks just like it so why dont we make it a collabo? haha! Since I never saw their version before I was no sure if I wanted to give it up but later agreed.
That is how the Diamond X Rogue Status collab came about before RS was barely even a brand.

Crazy how far they ended up running with the all over print Gun Show tee & it became their staple design.
January 3, 2011 @ 04:13 PM
GasfaceRefill

Marilyn Monroe girl collab

extremely rare medium diamond supply co heat for sale! http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/135772/

January 3, 2011 @ 04:14 PM
mrh

another season with out a single orange tee???? cmonnn
January 3, 2011 @ 04:23 PM
Diamond

Marilyn Monroe girl collab

They never hit us on that...Just did it real limited so we wouldn't
January 3, 2011 @ 04:28 PM
GrimeyAssLos

you think the BP collab will cause any problems?

January 3, 2011 @ 04:28 PM
LUPS

Got my LTTP crew neck.
Shit is fuckin' dope!

January 3, 2011 @ 04:29 PM
LUPS

you think the BP collab will cause any problems?

RED X
Upload the picture somewhere

January 3, 2011 @ 04:34 PM
GrimeyAssLos

i see it perfectly fine? just look up testament souls of black
January 3, 2011 @ 04:38 PM
igotssssoul

IMO It kinda sucks balls, because the success of Diamond isn't rooted by those trademarked concepts. It's just a manifestation of skating and lifestyle. I've made some bad marketing decisions so I probably have this all wrong(lol), but I'd feel like I was getting some free publicity if an apparel company stemmed some of my designs. It's not like you guys are speeding on the same lane. It's a totally different industry.

On a side note, any chance of seeing a San Jose Sharks cw for the Diamond Lifers line? C'mon man. That's not too far from your hood. lol
January 3, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
smoothoperator

I wanna ditch but walk the stage at the same time cuz i really want the black and red ! Nick release it on a saturday please ! =)

for real,Nick do the last drop on a saturday.
it sucks i cant ever go to friday drops, really want to go at the store and pick it up

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.