Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 24, 2010 @ 02:41 PM
trungtao

Mister (Mr.)
For all our old and new supporters... When we started the INVS line our goal was to produce garments that we felt every man should have in their closet. As cliche as it sounds we wanted to update classics with a more modern fit and add our own details. We knew the name would change as we wanted to have a name that better fit our mission.

We never liked the idea of "disposable fashion," Uniqlo, H&M, and Zara. We feel that todays consumer deserves quality and lasting style at a fair price. I don't want to say affordable because that is relevant to how much you make. By a fair price we mean that depending on the cost of whatever we are producing we don't mark it up to an unnecessary price.

So the line is OFFICIALLY called Mister, abbreviated as Mr.

The whole concept is that we are making such plain and classic garments that we are going back to a time when YOU the MAN really wore the clothes. We don't want a cool guy image or the image of some guy who dresses "proper" all the time. We just want you to be you, whatever sort of man you may be.

Thanks everybody, here are the Mr. (Basics: Henley). It is part of our (basics) line which will always be available in-store and like everything were always improving and switching it up.

Retail - $18 OR 2 for $30

[imh]http://i43.tinypic.com/6h6dli.jpg[/img]

Tomorrow, Thursday March 25th at MIDNIGHT PST time the thread title will change to Mister (Mr.)
March 24, 2010 @ 02:49 PM
dsbao

Wow, I REALLY like the tag design! That's such a great idea. Glad to know that the Mister pin I picked up the other day has more meaning now!

Will the shop still be called Invisible Stripes or will that be changing along with this?
March 24, 2010 @ 02:51 PM
alex.

invs ( or how i should call you guys )is def. becoming one of my fav brands^ cant wait to cop em &)
March 24, 2010 @ 04:01 PM
MrSFC

dbao, the shop will stay as Invisible Stripes smile And thank you for the compliments. cool

Wow, I REALLY like the tag design! That's such a great idea. Glad to know that the Mister pin I picked up the other day has more meaning now!

Will the shop still be called Invisible Stripes or will that be changing along with this?
March 24, 2010 @ 04:03 PM
MrSFC

alex, that is Mister (or Mr.) to you!!! Haaa. Thank you we are happy you enjoy it.

invs ( or how i should call you guys )is def. becoming one of my fav brands^ cant wait to cop em &)
March 24, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
Rimpau

agreed. cant wait for the varsity and lightweight hoodies
March 24, 2010 @ 04:54 PM
trungtao

Mr. (Varsity) - Series: 02

100% Sheep Nappa Leather Arms & Wool Body
Quilted Gold Satin Fully Lined
Inside Lining Chest Pockets
Black Leather Covered Snap Buttons
Double Rolled Cuff and Shawl Collar
3 by 1 Ribbing on Cuff, Collar and Waistband
*Gold Satin Contrast Shoulder Pleat
**Gold Satin Contrast Lined Welt Pockets

Changes:

- Added 1 inch to length
- Shortened collar
- Weight on leather was increased
- Leather changed to buffalo (texture)
- Better Wool
- Gold!

Retail - $200

>sad
March 24, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
MrSFC

Sonny, thank you for the kind words. Yes, they will be at ARISTOCRATS tomorrow Thursday, March 25th for all the south bay folks. They will be only other store to carry the Mister line.

Any word on these being in stores like Aristocrats? If not I'll order online!

Edit::

I like the idea and the name change.
March 24, 2010 @ 05:08 PM
Rimpau

new varsity looks really good, the gold lining is dope! nice little touch. is there a reason u guys changed the leather and texture?
March 24, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
Rimpau

new varsity is killing it, the gold lining is dope! nice little touch. is there a reason u guys changed the leather texture?
March 24, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
Rimpau

new varsity is killing it, the gold lining is dope! nice little touch. is there a reason u guys changed the leather texture?
March 24, 2010 @ 05:20 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

hah! I was thinking the inner lining would be yellow but although it was gold, it was close enough. ILL. most definitely getting money ready for it.

are preorders opening up soon for the varsity? and can we preorder with a CC via email or anything or does it need to be paypal? you all said paypal was best a few pages back but using a CC might be easier for me lol

last edit but how much is shipping supposed to be and does the 200 include tax or is it tax on top of the 200?
March 24, 2010 @ 05:42 PM
brokelyn

i'm also curious about the leather texture. new lining is def interesting, but the red was pretty boss. overall it's looking solid tho, and the new henley pics are looking great as well.
March 24, 2010 @ 06:19 PM
dsbao

hah! I was thinking the inner lining would be yellow but although it was gold, it was close enough. ILL. most definitely getting money ready for it.

are preorders opening up soon for the varsity? and can we preorder with a CC via email or anything or does it need to be paypal? you all said paypal was best a few pages back but using a CC might be easier for me lol

last edit but how much is shipping supposed to be and does the 200 include tax or is it tax on top of the 200?

You can use a CC for PayPal, and I'm fairly certain it's $200 before tax.
March 24, 2010 @ 06:35 PM
Wishez.

Pure dope. I'll do a large in the varsity this go around.
March 24, 2010 @ 06:51 PM
sutaih

definitely digging the mr. concept. henleys will be copped.

the changes on the new varsity are fresh, especially the shortened collar. length wise i thought series 1 was spot on though; not too cropped like a lot of traditional varsities and not so long that it broke what a varsity "should" look like. anyhow it looks nice regardless. i'll hang on to series 1 until it's time to retire for series 3 cool
March 24, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

yea i knew about CC via paypal but i was just wondering if they'd accept the CC itself. but i'm probably just gonna make a paypal account now anyway lol thanks tho
March 24, 2010 @ 07:29 PM
Eddy.

nice to see u guys at the store again lol
March 24, 2010 @ 08:21 PM
SplashySplash

gold is def nice and shorter shawl is cool too
u guys planning on getting rid of the shoulder pleats later???
March 24, 2010 @ 08:47 PM
butters

new varsity is great, only thing i'm iffy about is the change in length, i'm 5'5 and i hope its not too long haha. feel the same way as the poster a couple above me where it he described the previous varsity as short but not too short like a traditional, but not too long either - basically a good length. regardless great work guys, definitely getting one in a small this time around.
March 24, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
wuassassin2133

hey i gotta leather jacket sz L never worn, thinking about selling it for retail+shipping hit me up if ur interested
March 25, 2010 @ 12:20 AM
zyezye

Mr. (Varsity) - Series: 02

100% Sheep Nappa Leather Arms & Wool Body
Quilted Gold Satin Fully Lined
Inside Lining Chest Pockets
Black Leather Covered Snap Buttons
Double Rolled Cuff and Shawl Collar
3 by 1 Ribbing on Cuff, Collar and Waistband
*Gold Satin Contrast Shoulder Pleat
**Gold Satin Contrast Lined Welt Pockets

Changes:

- Added 1 inch to length
- Shortened collar
- Weight on leather was increased
- Leather changed to buffalo (texture)
- Better Wool
- Gold!

Retail - $200

>sad

creaaaamed
March 25, 2010 @ 01:01 AM
sbsplease

Gold varsity is a must cop, might drop by tomorrow after I hit up Black-Scale to check the henlys
March 25, 2010 @ 01:08 AM
essej

For everyone waiting for lightweight hoodies they come out end of April beginning of May. We had to push it back because we have the varsity coming out next month smile

hurry up its not getting any colder haha
March 25, 2010 @ 03:25 AM
MrSFC

OG KUSH, yes we will get rid of the shoulder pleats at one point. The gold is crazy right! It makes people feel good haha.

gold is def nice and shorter shawl is cool too
u guys planning on getting rid of the shoulder pleats later???
March 25, 2010 @ 03:28 AM
MrSFC

ampd, you won't be disappointed it'll become one of your favorite jackets. Fit is obviously very important to us. A lot of other so called "brands" just use some template that their factory has and tell them to change out the fabric. We stress over our fits and we go through 2 or 3 samples til we feel it Is ready.

new varsity is great, only thing i'm iffy about is the change in length, i'm 5'5 and i hope its not too long haha. feel the same way as the poster a couple above me where it he described the previous varsity as short but not too short like a traditional, but not too long either - basically a good length. regardless great work guys, definitely getting one in a small this time around.
March 25, 2010 @ 03:29 AM
MrSFC

zyezye, thats exactly what I did when we got the sample back. We love the new lining! &)

creaaaamed
March 25, 2010 @ 03:29 AM
MrSFC

sbsplease, yes yes come by and hang out with us smile

Gold varsity is a must cop, might drop by tomorrow after I hit up Black-Scale to check the henlys
March 25, 2010 @ 03:31 AM
MrSFC

I know sad If you live in San Francisco the lightweight hoodie is perfect all year around! But for all our worldwide supporters we realize it might not be. It is still light enough where you can just wear it over a tee at night or something though. That is one thing we really emphasize too, versatility within our garments.

hurry up its not getting any colder haha
March 25, 2010 @ 04:42 AM
MISTUHxPYRO

What would measurements for the varsity in an XL be?

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.