December 13, 2010 @ 09:18 AM
traCk.

whats retail on the varsity jacket?
December 13, 2010 @ 01:51 PM
Scotty

Prolly close to a G if not over...
December 13, 2010 @ 02:34 PM
traCk.

yeah i was assuming around 1200....been had visvim varsities!
December 13, 2010 @ 03:09 PM
karl winslow

*sigh* someday, Visvim, I will come back to you.
December 13, 2010 @ 03:45 PM
Union LA

whats retail on the varsity jacket?

Retail on the Visvim Varsity Jacket is $2100.

We have a brown and navy colorway available (M, L, XL)

Wind Stopper with Super soft leather arms & wool body. A very light varsity jacket for those looking for something easier to wear throughout the day.
December 13, 2010 @ 04:08 PM
Union LA

Regarding the original Visvim outsole on the 1st Virgil Kangeroo boots and 73 7-hole boots, It was actually a manufacture error. Though Visvim generally changes the outsole throughout each season, that particular outsole had 2 pieces. The rubber sole was laminated to the midsole to create one piece. With wear, there is a possibility that the rubber laminated sole will slowly peal off. That is one of the reason why Visvim no longer uses that particular version of the outsole.

If you compare the Vibram Moreflex outsole of the 3rd release of the Kangeroo Virgil Boot & the 2nd Version of the 73 7-hole Boot (cracked leather) to the most recent re-release of the Kangeroo Boot, the outsole has a lightly lower profile.

Visvim offers a wide variety of outsole when you bring it in to get a replacement so you have the option of choosing what you prefer more.
December 13, 2010 @ 04:33 PM
traCk.

big-ups to union for all the info lately...you guys should be contributing to this thread more often haha. i had no idea at all about all the info you just wrote up in that last post, good shit
December 13, 2010 @ 04:45 PM
cebollo

Quick question about Logan Lo's:
I've got my eyes on 2 pairs, both US11(29cm). Normally I wear a size 12 in Vans Old Skools(and most of my other shoes I'm in between 11.5 and 12), which fits me nice and roomy. One of the sellers assured me that his US11 pair fits about a size bigger, meaning they would fit me really well. Is this consistent with all the Logan Lo's? As I'm also looking at a par of MMJ ones in a US11.. Any experiences are welcome smile .

i have a pair of logan elk lo's, which do fit about a size big. i also have a pair of canvas logan deck lo's, which fit pretty tts.
December 13, 2010 @ 10:56 PM
soupreme1

i need aget some of this
December 13, 2010 @ 11:24 PM
jaythejet

2100 for a var jacket? i wish i had enough to drop on that. might as well buy a gucci suit with that kind of money
December 13, 2010 @ 11:36 PM
buffaloclone

i wan visvims but i has no moneysad

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/221009#4496439 IRONHEART,RAYBANS&CUSTOM LEATHER BUY MY SHIT http://dogfart69.tumblr.com/

December 14, 2010 @ 12:14 AM
Ledger

big-ups to union for all the info lately...you guys should be contributing to this thread more often haha. i had no idea at all about all the info you just wrote up in that last post, good shit

Co-sign!

Good to see a store directly speaking to consumers and dropping knowledge as opposed to how so many others do it.

EDIT:

For those that are unsure about the sole being big on the new Virgils, here are some comparison pics; apologies for the shitty quality.

FBT Classic

Logan Lattice

FBT Lhamo

As you can see, it's really not quite as big as some photos indicate. They are of course bigger than previous Virgils but are very comfortable and aren't noticeable at all.

Love the new '73s, might need to grab a pair

December 14, 2010 @ 05:45 AM
alex.

would i be able to fit somehow in these if im 9.5-10(more like 10) and these are 9.5?

f22batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/7/8/2/9/sureshot03674-imgbatch_1289534820/600x450-2010111200003.jpg
December 14, 2010 @ 05:53 AM
Ledger

^^^^^

Yes, FBT's fit on the big side, size down .5-1 full size from what you wear normally. Might be tight initially but they stretch a fair bit.
December 14, 2010 @ 05:55 AM
alex.

allright, those are my most sought after visvims im using a japan proxy for em for my first time ever, hopefully i can get em &)
December 14, 2010 @ 06:18 AM
traCk.

should be fine alex lol

Ledger....jesus man if you decide to grab some 73's i'll make an offer on those gorgeous virgils haha
December 14, 2010 @ 09:05 AM
traCk.

also, would anybody be able to post fit pics of the new slim chinos? and i know ive seen them before but could anyone also post up some fits with the high-waters...thanks
December 14, 2010 @ 01:13 PM
Scotty

Seen a dude wear em with the virgils a few months ago.. He pulled it off very well but i know i couldnt do it..
December 14, 2010 @ 01:29 PM
Union LA

To elaborate a bit more regarding the Visvim Varsity Jacket..

The body is fabricated with a high end italian suited wool. The sleeves are super soft lambskin leather and the whole jacket is quilted and lined with a Gor-Tex Winstopper lining.
December 14, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
infamousair54

ledger, i agree with you for the most part. i have the virgil moc's which i think work great with the soles particular cut just because of its bulky aesthetic. but virgil's have a slimmer silhouette and though the moreflex sole is light as a feather, i think the size detracts from the overall form of the boot. that's just me though.

the new 7 hole's are nice, but wish they would've at least brought back the carbon fiber heel stabilizer. there's something about the 09's that just sets it apart from the 2 recent iterations, and it's not just the sole.
December 14, 2010 @ 02:38 PM
michaelzz

virgil boot or serra
just for a quick vote

should I get a pair of Virgil or serra denali ?

lol thanks ... sad

----

for the ppl who owns a pair of Virgil, is it really comfortable(compare to Redwing) ? Coz I own a pair of redwings and the insole is really hurting my feet sad
December 14, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
traCk.

^Virgils
December 14, 2010 @ 05:38 PM
Ledger

should be fine alex lol

Ledger....jesus man if you decide to grab some 73's i'll make an offer on those gorgeous virgils haha

I dunno man, so damn hard for me to let go of them after taking basically a year and a half to find them - plus there's only a handful in the world in size 12, with two of them being in Melbourne cool If I do ever sell them you'll get first dibs on them. Trying to move some other shoes and then think i'll pull the trigger on them 73's.

also, would anybody be able to post fit pics of the new slim chinos? and i know ive seen them before but could anyone also post up some fits with the high-waters...thanks

LOL

Don't bother with them mate, they look fucking ridiculous on us tall people. I tried them at FIL, they're suppose to come just above the ankle which they do with anyone under 5ft 9, let alone 6ft. On me (6ft 3) they basically came up to my shins and looked like Capri pants. Plus they're very slim, it's 100% suited to an Asian frame.

This is how they should be worn:

just for a quick vote

should I get a pair of Virgil or serra denali ?

lol thanks ... sad

----

for the ppl who owns a pair of Virgil, is it really comfortable(compare to Redwing) ? Coz I own a pair of redwings and the insole is really hurting my feet sad

Virgils for sure and yes they're very comfortable. Redwings IMO took a while to break in, had to wear a pair of very thick socks initially as they were fairly painful and sold them for that reason, where as i've had no issue with the Virgils, leather is soft and overall a very comfortable boot. I don't wear boots often due to the climate here and only have the Virgils now so i'm no expert, but would def recommend them.
December 14, 2010 @ 05:43 PM
Ledger

ledger, i agree with you for the most part. i have the virgil moc's which i think work great with the soles particular cut just because of its bulky aesthetic. but virgil's have a slimmer silhouette and though the moreflex sole is light as a feather, i think the size detracts from the overall form of the boot. that's just me though.

the new 7 hole's are nice, but wish they would've at least brought back the carbon fiber heel stabilizer. there's something about the 09's that just sets it apart from the 2 recent iterations, and it's not just the sole.

I think you're spot on, Virgil Moc Toes do work particularly well with the soles, as you said it works aesthetically and the Virgil is a slimmer shoe. Since I wear a size 12, I think it works well and doesn't look bulky for that reason although this could be a different story for smaller sizes and could see it looking awkward on a size 7 but it's not quite noticeable for me personally based on my shoe size and my person frame.

Haha yes, I dunno why but I love the carbon fiber heel stabilizer too on the 73's. Such a small thing but something about it makes me love it more so than the 73s with the normal stabilizers. Regardless if I could find a 12 in the 09s i'd grab them quick but I can't see them popping up again.
December 14, 2010 @ 05:53 PM
Scotty

Ledger even those photos dont even make em look that great .. U really have to be the right person to wear em.. I would rather just wear a pair of chinos and roll em..

Also dont know if any have read this but thought it was kinda dope.. Nick Wooster(if u know who he is) stated this in his interview:

[I]Aside from anyone we carry at BG and NM
December 14, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
Ledger

I don't think in general they look good worn, as you said, a pair of chino rolled would be fine but high waters look awkward overall. I've only seen the guys at FIL wear them well enough for me to say, I need a pair but for the most part it seems like no one else can wear them as good as they do. It seems like a fad though, give it 2 years and you'd laugh at yourself for wearing them.

I just can't understand the logic behind them, if it's cold and you wear pants, why would you have your ankles and lower leg exposed?!

^^^ Looks ridiculously awkward

^^^ Dude in the background, MUCH better.
December 14, 2010 @ 06:12 PM
Scotty

^ Ledger is more for style than function.. Also what i dont get is why is everyone wear em with boots.. I know they show the lookbook showed but u really have to go and wear it just like the look has em? Maybe if they wore some low top shoes it would look better like this guy:

December 14, 2010 @ 06:17 PM
Ledger

True that, just seems like boots are a prerequisite for high water chinos. They would prob look better with low shoes but once again, i'd take a pair of chino and roll them up before i'd consider buying H-W's.
December 14, 2010 @ 07:50 PM
Berserker

just received my 2-tones

they fit sooo comfy
not as comfy as my fbt's but way more than my cowans

***Self Made Scammer*** Shout outs to cheyaaa

December 14, 2010 @ 08:41 PM
weinyeong

anyone knows how does the serra hiking boot fit?
i usually war an 8

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.