[Visvim] - 2010 Official Discussion Thread

Dec 14, 2010 @ 05:45
would i be able to fit somehow in these if im 9.5-10(more like 10) and these are 9.5?

http://f22batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/7/8/2/9/sureshot03674-imgbatch_1289534820/600x450-2010111200003.jpg
Dec 14, 2010 @ 05:53
^^^^^

Yes, FBT's fit on the big side, size down .5-1 full size from what you wear normally. Might be tight initially but they stretch a fair bit.
Dec 14, 2010 @ 05:55
allright, those are my most sought after visvims im using a japan proxy for em for my first time ever, hopefully i can get em &)
Dec 14, 2010 @ 06:18
should be fine alex lol

Ledger....jesus man if you decide to grab some 73's i'll make an offer on those gorgeous virgils haha
Dec 14, 2010 @ 09:05
also, would anybody be able to post fit pics of the new slim chinos? and i know ive seen them before but could anyone also post up some fits with the high-waters...thanks
Dec 14, 2010 @ 13:13
Seen a dude wear em with the virgils a few months ago.. He pulled it off very well but i know i couldnt do it..
Dec 14, 2010 @ 13:29
To elaborate a bit more regarding the Visvim Varsity Jacket..

The body is fabricated with a high end italian suited wool. The sleeves are super soft lambskin leather and the whole jacket is quilted and lined with a Gor-Tex Winstopper lining.
Dec 14, 2010 @ 14:08
ledger, i agree with you for the most part. i have the virgil moc's which i think work great with the soles particular cut just because of its bulky aesthetic. but virgil's have a slimmer silhouette and though the moreflex sole is light as a feather, i think the size detracts from the overall form of the boot. that's just me though.

the new 7 hole's are nice, but wish they would've at least brought back the carbon fiber heel stabilizer. there's something about the 09's that just sets it apart from the 2 recent iterations, and it's not just the sole.
Dec 14, 2010 @ 14:38
virgil boot or serra
just for a quick vote

should I get a pair of Virgil or serra denali ?

lol thanks ... smh

----

for the ppl who owns a pair of Virgil, is it really comfortable(compare to Redwing) ? Coz I own a pair of redwings and the insole is really hurting my feet smh
Dec 14, 2010 @ 17:24
^Virgils
Dec 14, 2010 @ 17:38
should be fine alex lol

Ledger....jesus man if you decide to grab some 73's i'll make an offer on those gorgeous virgils haha

I dunno man, so damn hard for me to let go of them after taking basically a year and a half to find them - plus there's only a handful in the world in size 12, with two of them being in Melbourne smokeyface If I do ever sell them you'll get first dibs on them. Trying to move some other shoes and then think i'll pull the trigger on them 73's.

also, would anybody be able to post fit pics of the new slim chinos? and i know ive seen them before but could anyone also post up some fits with the high-waters...thanks

LOL

Don't bother with them mate, they look fucking ridiculous on us tall people. I tried them at FIL, they're suppose to come just above the ankle which they do with anyone under 5ft 9, let alone 6ft. On me (6ft 3) they basically came up to my shins and looked like Capri pants. Plus they're very slim, it's 100% suited to an Asian frame.

This is how they should be worn:
(Invalid img)

just for a quick vote

should I get a pair of Virgil or serra denali ?

lol thanks ... smh

----

for the ppl who owns a pair of Virgil, is it really comfortable(compare to Redwing) ? Coz I own a pair of redwings and the insole is really hurting my feet smh

Virgils for sure and yes they're very comfortable. Redwings IMO took a while to break in, had to wear a pair of very thick socks initially as they were fairly painful and sold them for that reason, where as i've had no issue with the Virgils, leather is soft and overall a very comfortable boot. I don't wear boots often due to the climate here and only have the Virgils now so i'm no expert, but would def recommend them.
Dec 14, 2010 @ 17:43
ledger, i agree with you for the most part. i have the virgil moc's which i think work great with the soles particular cut just because of its bulky aesthetic. but virgil's have a slimmer silhouette and though the moreflex sole is light as a feather, i think the size detracts from the overall form of the boot. that's just me though.

the new 7 hole's are nice, but wish they would've at least brought back the carbon fiber heel stabilizer. there's something about the 09's that just sets it apart from the 2 recent iterations, and it's not just the sole.

I think you're spot on, Virgil Moc Toes do work particularly well with the soles, as you said it works aesthetically and the Virgil is a slimmer shoe. Since I wear a size 12, I think it works well and doesn't look bulky for that reason although this could be a different story for smaller sizes and could see it looking awkward on a size 7 but it's not quite noticeable for me personally based on my shoe size and my person frame.

Haha yes, I dunno why but I love the carbon fiber heel stabilizer too on the 73's. Such a small thing but something about it makes me love it more so than the 73s with the normal stabilizers. Regardless if I could find a 12 in the 09s i'd grab them quick but I can't see them popping up again.
Dec 14, 2010 @ 17:53
Ledger even those photos dont even make em look that great .. U really have to be the right person to wear em.. I would rather just wear a pair of chinos and roll em..

Also dont know if any have read this but thought it was kinda dope.. Nick Wooster(if u know who he is) stated this in his interview:

Aside from anyone we carry at BG and NM
Dec 14, 2010 @ 18:03
I don't think in general they look good worn, as you said, a pair of chino rolled would be fine but high waters look awkward overall. I've only seen the guys at FIL wear them well enough for me to say, I need a pair but for the most part it seems like no one else can wear them as good as they do. It seems like a fad though, give it 2 years and you'd laugh at yourself for wearing them.

I just can't understand the logic behind them, if it's cold and you wear pants, why would you have your ankles and lower leg exposed?!

^^^ Looks ridiculously awkward

^^^ Dude in the background, MUCH better.
Dec 14, 2010 @ 18:12
^ Ledger is more for style than function.. Also what i dont get is why is everyone wear em with boots.. I know they show the lookbook showed but u really have to go and wear it just like the look has em? Maybe if they wore some low top shoes it would look better like this guy:

Dec 14, 2010 @ 18:17
True that, just seems like boots are a prerequisite for high water chinos. They would prob look better with low shoes but once again, i'd take a pair of chino and roll them up before i'd consider buying H-W's.
Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:50
just received my 2-tones

they fit sooo comfy
not as comfy as my fbt's but way more than my cowans
Dec 14, 2010 @ 20:41
anyone knows how does the serra hiking boot fit?
i usually war an 8
Dec 15, 2010 @ 02:36
Insider info: Retail price within the next 2 years should start looking like 08 again.
Dec 15, 2010 @ 02:44
tried the new 73s on today. very nice and much lighter than i thought they would be

New season drops in February in case that wasnt already known blushing

www.nagoyayom.com

Dec 15, 2010 @ 02:47
Any 12's mate? blushing Drop me an email when you've got time.

Insider info: Retail price within the next 2 years should start looking like 08 again.

Good to hear, heard it a while ago but no one else was able to confirm that same. Wouldn't surprise me if they rise prices up like crazy before that, I know we've got
Dec 15, 2010 @ 08:52
tracking says the kiefers arrived in my town this morning. hopefully i'll have them when i come home from work. you guys know ill get pics up
Dec 15, 2010 @ 09:20
http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s193473738#enlargeimg

looks like the guy won them for me since i told him to bid 30k max.

cant wait for my first fbt's to arrive :/
Dec 15, 2010 @ 10:25
wow got em right before i left for work. laced em up and took a quick pic for you guys. im actually very very happy with these....kiefer elks are the tits!

Dec 15, 2010 @ 10:37
dope^ are those black? j/w because they look kinda burgundy/brown w/e in that pic for me.

Inactive User

Dec 15, 2010 @ 10:50
Ledger even those photos dont even make em look that great .. U really have to be the right person to wear em.. I would rather just wear a pair of chinos and roll em..

Also dont know if any have read this but thought it was kinda dope.. Nick Wooster(if u know who he is) stated this in his interview:

Aside from anyone we carry at BG and NM

Inactive User

Dec 15, 2010 @ 10:51
allright, those are my most sought after visvims im using a japan proxy for em for my first time ever, hopefully i can get em &)

Which proxy are you using? My proxy, is cheapest, fastest and a genuine dude, lol.

Inactive User

Dec 15, 2010 @ 10:55
Union:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSp1oo0FDj0
peep the 7 holes (basically the same look as virgils), You should roll your chinos tight to your leg though, if it hangs loose, it doesn't look proper imo.
Dec 15, 2010 @ 11:06
dope^ are those black? j/w because they look kinda burgundy/brown w/e in that pic for me.

haha na man i copped the browns, too many black kiefers already. i just got to work now, i'll post a detailed review of them later when i get home with more pics and what not
Dec 15, 2010 @ 11:09
Which proxy are you using? My proxy, is cheapest, fastest and a genuine dude, lol.

sharpservicejapan or something like that.
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.