[Visvim] - 2010 Official Discussion Thread

Dec 12, 2010 @ 10:55
hah well then wait til you hear this. Union actually sent me an email and pm'd me on here(which i thought was super weird), and that got me thinking. So i called up and talked to 2 different dudes about the kicks and they convinced me to still go through with the purchase(not much convincing was really needed haha) so anyway they should be here this upcoming thursday, got everything squared up and they even waved the shipping for mesmokeyface

smokeyface

BLOG http://creativediscourse.tumblr.com/ ART http://lukehaeger.tumblr.com/

Dec 12, 2010 @ 11:07
track I'm heading out to LA in about a week and I'm definitely going to Union, when you spoke to them did they happen to say what their stock is like right now?
Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:43
na man unfortunately i kept the conversation strictly about the kiefers. sorry about that...however if you wanted to know the stock on kiefers, i believe they had a full size run of the black, white,and brown except for the pair i just got
Dec 12, 2010 @ 13:01
We have a full size run if Kiefer in Black, White, & Brown

Also, limited sizing in Serra Paccard Boots in Brown.

We also received in High Water Chinos, Shigatse OK Button Down, & Varsity Jackets.

Pictures will be up on our site soon.

If you have any questions please call the shop at (323)549-6950.

Phone orders are acceptable for all Visvim Products.
Dec 12, 2010 @ 13:30
Lost another pair of Virgils.
My luck isn't working with these.
Am I the only one who doesn't really like the new sole?
I much prefer the old Virgil sole than the new one.
Dec 12, 2010 @ 14:11
Thanks for the info Union, I'll be stopping by in a week
Dec 12, 2010 @ 16:14

I used to not like the new sole, looked mad chunky in pics but it's nowhere near as bad IRL. In fact I prefer it now especially since you can get them replaced once they're worn down.
Dec 12, 2010 @ 16:25
WTF? As a country, China's pretty fucking rich. The US owes china something like 500 billion - 1 trillion dollars...

Sure the factories might not be up to par with modern union standards, but third world country? lmfao

Lol you've been fooled

only 1% of chinese are "pretty fucking rich" and there small middle class make like $4000 a year.

most chinese are still in rural poverty.
Dec 12, 2010 @ 18:03
they all get paid a sum which is relative to the cost of living in their certain area - i would say that is one of the main reasons why wages are different from country to country, but don't get me wrong - people are still getting exploited quite badly in all nations
Dec 12, 2010 @ 18:03
I used to not like the new sole, looked mad chunky in pics but it's nowhere near as bad IRL. In fact I prefer it now especially since you can get them replaced once they're worn down.

I would agree with you Yepr if I hadnt read this post lol but I'll take Ledger's word for it...
Dec 12, 2010 @ 18:07
Can someone help me out with a price of the Highwater chinos at Union?
Dec 12, 2010 @ 18:57
Can someone help me out with a price of the Highwater chinos at Union?

We have the regular High Water Chino's ($320)

& also a Vintage Wash which is priced at $400

They come in Black, Navy, & Beige

M, L, & a few XL available
Dec 13, 2010 @ 00:58
What are the measurements like on the M Beige pair?
Dec 13, 2010 @ 01:42
What are the measurements like on the M Beige pair?

Medium

Waist: 32
Inseam: 28.5
Leg Opening: 7.5
Front Rise: 10.5
Dec 13, 2010 @ 04:18
Quick question about Logan Lo's:
I've got my eyes on 2 pairs, both US11(29cm). Normally I wear a size 12 in Vans Old Skools(and most of my other shoes I'm in between 11.5 and 12), which fits me nice and roomy. One of the sellers assured me that his US11 pair fits about a size bigger, meaning they would fit me really well. Is this consistent with all the Logan Lo's? As I'm also looking at a par of MMJ ones in a US11.. Any experiences are welcome blushing .
Dec 13, 2010 @ 06:48
i own brown logan elk lo's and they definitely fit about a size bigger. very comfortable shoe at that as well, i think an 11 would be just fine for you

Inactive User

Dec 13, 2010 @ 09:13

What sz do you need man?

Inactive User

Dec 13, 2010 @ 09:15
Originally posted by Inactive User
Varsity Jackets.

Jacket is fire.
Dec 13, 2010 @ 09:18
whats retail on the varsity jacket?
Dec 13, 2010 @ 13:51
Prolly close to a G if not over...
Dec 13, 2010 @ 14:34
yeah i was assuming around 1200....been had visvim varsities!
Dec 13, 2010 @ 15:09
*sigh* someday, Visvim, I will come back to you.
Dec 13, 2010 @ 15:45
whats retail on the varsity jacket?

Retail on the Visvim Varsity Jacket is $2100.

We have a brown and navy colorway available (M, L, XL)

Wind Stopper with Super soft leather arms & wool body. A very light varsity jacket for those looking for something easier to wear throughout the day.
Dec 13, 2010 @ 16:08
Regarding the original Visvim outsole on the 1st Virgil Kangeroo boots and 73 7-hole boots, It was actually a manufacture error. Though Visvim generally changes the outsole throughout each season, that particular outsole had 2 pieces. The rubber sole was laminated to the midsole to create one piece. With wear, there is a possibility that the rubber laminated sole will slowly peal off. That is one of the reason why Visvim no longer uses that particular version of the outsole.

If you compare the Vibram Moreflex outsole of the 3rd release of the Kangeroo Virgil Boot & the 2nd Version of the 73 7-hole Boot (cracked leather) to the most recent re-release of the Kangeroo Boot, the outsole has a lightly lower profile.

Visvim offers a wide variety of outsole when you bring it in to get a replacement so you have the option of choosing what you prefer more.
Dec 13, 2010 @ 16:33
big-ups to union for all the info lately...you guys should be contributing to this thread more often haha. i had no idea at all about all the info you just wrote up in that last post, good shit
Dec 13, 2010 @ 16:45
Quick question about Logan Lo's:
I've got my eyes on 2 pairs, both US11(29cm). Normally I wear a size 12 in Vans Old Skools(and most of my other shoes I'm in between 11.5 and 12), which fits me nice and roomy. One of the sellers assured me that his US11 pair fits about a size bigger, meaning they would fit me really well. Is this consistent with all the Logan Lo's? As I'm also looking at a par of MMJ ones in a US11.. Any experiences are welcome blushing .

i have a pair of logan elk lo's, which do fit about a size big. i also have a pair of canvas logan deck lo's, which fit pretty tts.
Dec 13, 2010 @ 22:56
i need aget some of this
Dec 13, 2010 @ 23:24
2100 for a var jacket? i wish i had enough to drop on that. might as well buy a gucci suit with that kind of money
Dec 13, 2010 @ 23:36
i wan visvims but i has no moneysmh

IRONHEART 364S SIZE 32 forsale, pm me

Dec 14, 2010 @ 00:14
big-ups to union for all the info lately...you guys should be contributing to this thread more often haha. i had no idea at all about all the info you just wrote up in that last post, good shit

Co-sign!

Good to see a store directly speaking to consumers and dropping knowledge as opposed to how so many others do it.

EDIT:

For those that are unsure about the sole being big on the new Virgils, here are some comparison pics; apologies for the shitty quality.

FBT Classic

Logan Lattice

FBT Lhamo

As you can see, it's really not quite as big as some photos indicate. They are of course bigger than previous Virgils but are very comfortable and aren't noticeable at all.

Love the new '73s, might need to grab a pair

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.