Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 2, 2010 @ 02:51 PM
traCk.

yeah man thats what im lookin to do. the more i wait though the more i contemplate the price haha
December 2, 2010 @ 02:57 PM
Ledger

No doubt, only issue you'd have is the Japan Post to US weight restriction problem. If you get stuck with that LMK and i'll help you out.
December 2, 2010 @ 06:26 PM
xdrift

agreed, that japan/us thing is fscked

i hear people are sending 2 shipments for sneakers (shoe at a time) to get around this, unboxed.

not sure if its worth it in the end.

but a reroute from jap>aus>us might help

thats cringe worthy man.. fscken post.

just tuck some pennies away and hit FIL personally. the money saved on shipping could easily transfer over to a fraction of the air fare costs.

haha
December 2, 2010 @ 08:16 PM
infamousair54

i still haven't encountered such annoyances. if you get your stuff from people that are registered as a company, pondon, etc. then there shouldn't be any problems. i just received a pair of virgil mocs with the help of pondon last week or so and there was no issues involved with shipping at all.
December 2, 2010 @ 10:39 PM
Scotty

hah yeah infamous, ive wanted these pretty bad once i heard about the release. i need a nice clean brown shoe.
however!! i just called and they did not get them in stock yet sad will keep you guys posted

Yo, track dodnt get to go on wednesday like i planned but i have to go tomorrow to do a pick up for someone on some watanabe.. I'll see if they arrived and see if i can get an actual price..

Drift, hit me up.. I was actually thinking on doing something in those lines awhile back but i see more people down for it.. I would take part in it! Thinking of this, i was just telling someone a few weeks ago, i never see people out on the streets in Visvim.. Only time is when im in Union, then just this past week i seen a few people wearing at my work.. hahaha
December 3, 2010 @ 07:41 AM
lucky

Yo, track dodnt get to go on wednesday like i planned but i have to go tomorrow to do a pick up for someone on some watanabe.. I'll see if they arrived and see if i can get an actual price..

Drift, hit me up.. I was actually thinking on doing something in those lines awhile back but i see more people down for it.. I would take part in it! Thinking of this, i was just telling someone a few weeks ago, i never see people out on the streets in Visvim.. Only time is when im in Union, then just this past week i seen a few people wearing at my work.. hahaha

where do you work&)

BLOG http://creativediscourse.tumblr.com/ ART http://lukehaeger.tumblr.com/

December 3, 2010 @ 03:09 PM
traCk.

still no visvim kicks in store
December 3, 2010 @ 05:53 PM
20hundred

Just scored a northern isle 20L from aw05 on yahoo... cant fucking wait to get it.

December 3, 2010 @ 05:55 PM
20hundred

drift. talk to me. let make it happen. Ill design and code that shit right the fuck now. haha
December 3, 2010 @ 06:47 PM
Scotty

where do you work&)

hahaha no one that i work with just a client and couple customers.. But i work as a warddrobe consultant in the styling department for nordstrom.. One dude was wearing the quilted FBT's(olive) dude was from australia.. Then another dude beat the hell out of his last year kiefers lo's.. I told him he does work in those shoes, he goes thats what they are made for, all my visvims look like this.. hahaha

still no visvim kicks in store

Yeah track nothing as of right now, also they werent giving me a price.. Said they wouldnt know til they got em in.. I kinda gave him the "yeah right" look.. hahaha
December 3, 2010 @ 10:55 PM
lucky

just scored a northern isle 20l from aw05 on yahoo... Cant fucking wait to get it.

drift. Talk to me. Let make it happen. Ill design and code that shit right the fuck now. Haha

coolcoolcool

December 4, 2010 @ 07:51 PM
cebollo

track did they say what the hold up on the shoes was?
December 5, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
Scotty

Heard from someone that US retail is going to be about 630.. Unless union decides to add a bit more..
December 5, 2010 @ 06:05 AM
traCk.

track did they say what the hold up on the shoes was?

naa man they didn't mention any specific reason other than being in transit. i was told at 1st probably thursday, but that didn't happen so my boy said try calling tuesday. so with that being said I'll give them a buzz tuesday when they open and hope for the best hah
December 6, 2010 @ 12:55 AM
xdrift

gents, the interest is awesome. motivating me to actually get this sh1t done.

will be hitting a few cats up soon!
December 6, 2010 @ 07:39 AM
traCk.

yeah drift dont let that idea die, im sure a bunch of us would be very willing to help. off the top of my head id say

xdrift, track, ledger, scotty, yom, 20hundred, infamousair54, and rick...maybe sponge and maybe even lucky too
December 6, 2010 @ 07:47 AM
lucky

fuck yeah am down, now to get my hands on a n/n nomad&)&)&)&)

December 6, 2010 @ 02:40 PM
cebollo

count me in too
December 6, 2010 @ 09:29 PM
Charlie Sheen

How do i contact a proxy regarding a yahoo auction? Money has to fronted?
December 6, 2010 @ 10:48 PM
Ledger

Link them to the auction and then they'll ask you to deposit cash to their paypal, usually if it's a BIN then you just deposit and they buy immediately, otherwise with auctions they might ask for something up front and then the rest when it's sold.
December 6, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
Charlie Sheen

Link to yahoo proxy?

Anyone in NY willing to help? I'll hook it up.
December 6, 2010 @ 11:25 PM
Ledger

There's heaps - Juno / Spe / Sutocorp / FromJapan / Jake Unkutt
December 7, 2010 @ 07:15 PM
Virungă

Honestly I would pay Visvim prices maybe even a little more if only it wasn't Made in China. Seriously there manufacturing seems to go against their whole philosophy.
December 7, 2010 @ 07:55 PM
Ledger

Honestly I would pay Visvim prices maybe even a little more if only it wasn't Made in China. Seriously there manufacturing seems to go against their whole philosophy.

LOL

M.I.C. is such a bullshit excuse, it's such a misconception that stuff produced in China is utter rubbish and things made in Japan is THAT much better. As more and more things get produced there the quality increases, same as technology advances - it's the Chinese who use it first.

In the words of Hiroki:

For me, it’s not about where the factory is, but about finding the best manufacturer to produce a particular product. Each one has its own strength. My job is to coordinate and make things better, so I’ll produce anywhere it takes to do this. If I find good factories or suppliers in Italy, France, America, Japan, or China, then I’ll use them.

http://hypebeast.com/2010/05/032c-presents-hiroki-nakamura-interview/

If the materials are of high quality, so will be the product in most cases and this is def the case with Visivm. I haven't had an issue with any of my Vis gear whether it was made in China, Korea or Japan. Their philosophy isn't to make proddy in Japan, it's to make proddy at the highest quality.
December 7, 2010 @ 08:06 PM
Virungă

It not the quality(most of the materials are source from around the globe anyways) its the fact that of the cheap labor and the fact that he they could be using local labor who would be payed more and care about their products and careers more.
December 7, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
Ledger

That doesn't make much sense since every company basically does the same, it's all for cost measures; would you really wanna pay another $100/200 on top of Visvim current retail prices? Fuck no

Companies do it to save money themselves and also pass that saving on to retailers and consumers. There's nothing about Visvim's philosophy that says they want to use local labor, they do use certain Japanese companies for certain products and materials but it makes economic sense to have a majority of production in China.
December 7, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
infamousair54

they're paid more because living expenses are higher. this pretty much sums it up. it's not one specific person who's making the shoes, it's the manufacturing company. visvim sets the standards and the company must follow suit. do you really think each individual has any care for visvim? i highly doubt they can even afford it. what they care about is keeping their jobs. if they like visvim, great, if not, oh well. made in japan or made in america it's just a facade. great craftsmen are located all over the world. if they have love for what they do, they'll make sure they're doing the best work possible.
December 7, 2010 @ 10:01 PM
Virungă

That doesn't make much sense since every company basically does the same, it's all for cost measures; would you really wanna pay another $100/200 on top of Visvim current retail prices? Fuck no

Companies do it to save money themselves and also pass that saving on to retailers and consumers. There's nothing about Visvim's philosophy that says they want to use local labor, they do use certain Japanese companies for certain products and materials but it makes economic sense to have a majority of production in China.

Many of Visvims peers (supreme, W)Taps etc..) don't use third world factories most of the time so there's no excuse imo. Leave Made in China too H&M Gap etc if I'm shelling out the $ I would prefer local made and most higher end companies do just not Visvim and its disappointing cause they do make some nice stuff.
December 8, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
Ledger

Supreme uses China at times when there is no reference on the tag to "made in USA" or Canada, w)taps is made in Japan AND China, Head Porter do and so does NBHD.

You're speaking shit or deluded if you think other companies don't use China to produce for them.

Like I said, Visvim doesn't exclusively use China, they have used Korea in the past and still use domestic factories too, Yom scanned a few pages from Sense highlighting Visvim's efforts with production including a factory in Japan: eastfashioncollective.blogspot.com/2010/11/text-in-visvim.html

Japan used to make shitty products back in the 50s before they heavily invested into their domestic industries, China is doing the same and there's no reason to suggest China wouldn't be on par with the quality that Japan turns out, with many of these factories re-investing profits in order to get better technology and gain more business. You think Apple make shit products because they use China factories? There are shoddy Chinese factories that use inferior quality materials and cut corners where possible but it's simply a stereotype.

I guarantee that if you put two pairs of FBTs together (one MIJ, one MIC) that YOU couldn't tell the difference minus the tag. Visvim might have their main factories in China but they do a lot of research with material producers around the world, it's obvious you don't know this.

I've owned Vis gear from their early stuff to their newest products and the quality just gets better IMO despite being all produced in China.

It's a misconception that Chinese quality is inferior to Japanese quality, if you don't have any Vis products then don't speak shit about things you don't know.
December 8, 2010 @ 12:29 PM
traCk.

still no visvim kicks in unionLA!!! possible hold up in customs, i was told

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.