SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
December 8, 2010 @ 04:27 PM
hypebeast21

does anyone know where i can buy Amerikana Scarf Bone (White/Black)

money in hand

also looking for Mishka pins
December 9, 2010 @ 11:49 AM
Frostedbutts

Mishka x The Acacia Strain is dope &)
December 9, 2010 @ 02:34 PM
windsock

The design is awesome, no doubt, but I would never wear a t shirt with that shitty band's name on it. It's a shame, because the design is amazing.

The Das Racist shirt, on the other hand, will be mine.
December 9, 2010 @ 03:12 PM
Frostedbutts

The design is awesome, no doubt, but I would never wear a t shirt with that shitty band's name on it. It's a shame, because the design is amazing.

The Das Racist shirt, on the other hand, will be mine.

December 9, 2010 @ 03:19 PM
Ice$Grillz

Read this thinking it was a joke...I was wrong.
December 9, 2010 @ 03:34 PM
WILL209

Went to the site right now and those Turntable mats are ill
December 9, 2010 @ 09:48 PM
windsock

Read this thinking it was a joke...I was wrong.

I was hoping it was. Mishka generally has good taste in music... never thought they would align themselves with shitty tough guy deathcore. But it's all good, everything else they do is pure gold.
December 9, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
Frostedbutts

Your opinion on music is null and void if you think Das Racist is good. The door is in the top right corner, it's red.
December 9, 2010 @ 10:02 PM
misterpoop

Your opinion on music is null and void if you think Das Racist is good. The door is in the top right corner, it's red.

sucks you don't have a mac.
December 9, 2010 @ 10:07 PM
SantaDuJuan

was thinking the same thing
December 10, 2010 @ 12:10 AM
windsock

Das Racist are not really artists. They aren't "good." They are having fun, and aren't meant to be taken seriously. The Acacia Strain, on the other hand, are only in the business of selling. They are making commercial music that sounds the exact same as thousands of other bands with the sole intention of sounding tough and appealing to 16 year old boys who want to do spin kicks and fucked up in the pit. Seriously the most uninspired stuff ever.
December 10, 2010 @ 02:06 AM
Frostedbutts

The business of selling in metal lol. You best be joking ♥♥♥♥♥♥. I'll dignify your troll response however and remind you that TAS was one of the first "deathcore" bands, and now everyone is just ripping them off.

Also, just because you aren't being serious doesn't mean you're suddenly exempt from sucking.
December 10, 2010 @ 02:08 AM
Frostedbutts

I knew some dumb piece of hipster shit was going to comment on that. Enjoy your antiquated machine, slugger.
December 10, 2010 @ 10:01 AM
windsock

The business of selling in metal lol. You best be joking ♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Yes the business of selling metal. It's not on the same level as say Justin Beiber, but the fact is that all TAS is doing is putting out commercialized bullshit aimed to sell at 16 year old kids who buy all their shirts and cds from hot topic. And their music is the same rehashed shit that sells and sells, without an ounce of passion or creativity.
December 10, 2010 @ 12:52 PM
Gnou

I don't think they have really been making music for 10 years without passion... Or else that's a big performance.

The business of selling in metal lol. You best be joking ♥♥♥♥♥♥. I'll dignify your troll response however and remind you that TAS was one of the first "deathcore" bands, and now everyone is just ripping them off.

So they're the ones to blame?
Fear Factory, Lamb of God and Hatebreed made death metal inspired metalcore long before The Acacia Strain... It wasn't even a genre yet, that should tell you how "first" they were. Bullet for my Valentine, As I Lay Dying, At The Gates also had tracks you could say are deathcore. And as far as I'm concerned, The Red Chord, Animosity and Earth Crisis and half of the Canadian mathcore scene (Ion Dissonance, Despised Icon, Neuraxis, even Nile and Cryptopsy, etc) also made deathcore before them. "Everyone ripping them off"? Come on man. Did Job for a Cowboy, Emmure and Suicide Silence rip them off? It's ok that you like them, but they didn't invent anything.

Yall are funny, hopefully soon we will have great talks about who's real hip-hop and real dubstep.
December 10, 2010 @ 02:22 PM
Frostedbutts

So they're the ones to blame?
Fear Factory, Lamb of God and Hatebreed made death metal inspired metalcore long before The Acacia Strain... It wasn't even a genre yet, that should tell you how "first" they were. Bullet for my Valentine, As I Lay Dying, At The Gates also had tracks you could say are deathcore. And as far as I'm concerned, The Red Chord, Animosity and Earth Crisis and half of the Canadian mathcore scene (Ion Dissonance, Despised Icon, Neuraxis, even Nile and Cryptopsy, etc) also made deathcore before them. "Everyone ripping them off"? Come on man. Did Job for a Cowboy, Emmure and Suicide Silence rip them off? It's ok that you like them, but they didn't invent anything.

I never said they invented anything, "one of the first" != the first. Emmure did rip of TAS though, yes. Suicide Silence is just straight garbage so they're irrelevant, and I guess if we're considering it "ripping them off" JFAC's first two CDs were arguably Deathcore and came out long after 2002 (the year When Life Is Very Long came out).

I don't even think half of these bands are actually ripping them off, I didn't really want to go into specifics and semantics with windsock's troll comment. Really he's shown how woefully uninformed he is by using "16 year olds" twice and referencing buying CDs at Hot Topic.
December 10, 2010 @ 03:12 PM
Gnou

I'm probably skewed because I was living in Arizona at the time, but I first saw Job for a Cowboy in 2004 and they were babies. Trust me, they had never heard of TAS. They didn't know much about anything for that matter, they were terrible. But they looked happy to be there.

Again, since deathcore as a genre is essentially a rip-off of pre-existing genres, I can't see how bands existing all at the same time are ripping off one another but not, say, Between The Buried And Me.

If Windsock's being a troll, then don't feed the troll. He may be misinformed about TAS and Bieber, but mostly he just doesn't want to listen to them so there's no use in arguing a case which is not going to end up in either of you accepting one another's point of view. Like all conversations on HB, it will be forgotten by tomorrow anyway. so much motherfcking juggalo love to you two.
December 10, 2010 @ 04:33 PM
windsock

I'm just gonna leave the arguement at this: I hate TAS. I'm not trolling. I just hear the same boring recycled stuff from them with every album and I think it is an abomination to metal music. Also, if you think that they aren't getting A LOT of business from 16 year old hot topic kids, then you are woefully mistaken. Now obviously that isn't their entire fanbase, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that just genuinely like that kind of music who aren't trendy scenesters.
Anyway, I'm sorry I was a douche and argued about this. Arguing about music is dumb, and something I generally try to stay away from, but I somehow sucked myself into this one. My bad. Let's get back ontopic.
December 11, 2010 @ 12:43 PM
JD!

Anyone got their Black Friday/Cyber Monday shipped already?
December 11, 2010 @ 01:44 PM
V.Lopez

got it 2 days ago^^
December 12, 2010 @ 12:42 AM
REIGN6

Anyone got their Black Friday/Cyber Monday shipped already?

Just got a confirmation email thursday.
December 13, 2010 @ 12:06 PM
Gnou

Ellen Stagg polaroid originals from the calendar in the store!

www.mishkanyc.com/category/2011-calendar
December 13, 2010 @ 10:18 PM
Metatron

what is this cyco 78 business? kinda reminds me of mishka circa summer 2007 (which is most definitely a good thing).

also whoever is writing the clothing descriptions for the online store needs to get a raise

Instagram: @realronjunior

December 13, 2010 @ 10:57 PM
soupreme1

ui have alota mishka 4 sale hit me up
December 14, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
EDYFRESH

anyone know if they're doing the holiday $50,$100,and $200 box sales again???
December 14, 2010 @ 12:37 AM
kapitasells

That's we be great
December 14, 2010 @ 01:03 AM
Ice$Grillz

Ellen Stagg polaroid originals from the calendar in the store!

www.mishkanyc.com/category/2011-calendar

No more jenna haze, no care
December 14, 2010 @ 08:34 AM
Gnou

what is this cyco 78 business? kinda reminds me of mishka circa summer 2007 (which is most definitely a good thing).

From the newsletter

We're proud to introduce our Cyco 78 collection. "What the hell is a Cyco 78 collection!?" you ask? Well allow me to explain. For a while now we've wanted to "go back" if you will to what we consider our graphical roots...a move away from logo and iconic driven graphics and back to those weirdo, creepy horror and metal inspired graphics that originally drew you to Мишка way back when.

We devised the Cyco 78 collection with that in mind. Dark and disturbing but not with out a sense of cynicism and whimsy...The source for the Мишка. Each year we will be introducing small Cyco 78 collections about twice a year. Each Cyco 78 design will only utilize black, white and red and will only be available on black and white bodied tees. Oh and one more thing...we're also only printing 78 of each graphic (broken across the two colors). Oh, and you can only get them at either our New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo Shops with a small batch made available via our online store and that's it!

A line after my own heart!

Don't count on it. Set some money aside for the warehouse sale instead.

December 14, 2010 @ 10:19 AM
JD!

I've got a problem with my order, but nobody answered my email - is there any number I should call, guess calling shop is pointless...
December 14, 2010 @ 05:58 PM
overtheradar

damn the warehouse sale looks heated... sad
any chance of a similiar event at the Echo Park location?

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.