[Mishka] - 2010 Official Discussion Thread

December 06, 2010 @ 23:35:53 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to size on the Alexei Japanese Raw Selvage Denim? Thanks!
December 07, 2010 @ 05:42:26 AM
mtvt i got the mishka hat today, that was quick, just took a week to arrive here, thx.
December 07, 2010 @ 08:20:54 AM
Does anyone have the number to any of the mishka stores? My order was suppose to arrive at my house on thursday and it never made it to me. I need their help.

The Mishka stores can't help you, they have even less information than you do. You must have a UPS tracking number, if your package was delivered it should tell you where and when. Only way Mishka could help you is if you lost your tracking number. If UPS have your right address and all, then you should call UPS to file a claim: 1-800-PICK-UPS

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to size on the Alexei Japanese Raw Selvage Denim? Thanks!

They fit true to size, and they're raw so they stretch a little bit with wear, I think mine stretched about 3/4 of a size. If you are in between sizes, and/ or if you're going to wash them, you should size up one. If not, you should be fine with ordering whatever size you usually are. There is a size chart on the store's website if you need additional info http://mishkanyc.com/category/denim--pants
December 07, 2010 @ 16:59:26 PM
Twitter Tuesday!
December 08, 2010 @ 16:27:12 PM
does anyone know where i can buy Amerikana Scarf Bone (White/Black)

money in hand

also looking for Mishka pins
December 09, 2010 @ 11:49:48 AM
Mishka x The Acacia Strain is dope &)
December 09, 2010 @ 14:34:37 PM

The design is awesome, no doubt, but I would never wear a t shirt with that shitty band's name on it. It's a shame, because the design is amazing.

The Das Racist shirt, on the other hand, will be mine.
December 09, 2010 @ 15:12:27 PM
The design is awesome, no doubt, but I would never wear a t shirt with that shitty band's name on it. It's a shame, because the design is amazing.

The Das Racist shirt, on the other hand, will be mine.

December 09, 2010 @ 15:19:43 PM

Read this thinking it was a joke...I was wrong.
December 09, 2010 @ 15:34:02 PM
Went to the site right now and those Turntable mats are ill
December 09, 2010 @ 21:48:13 PM
Read this thinking it was a joke...I was wrong.

I was hoping it was. Mishka generally has good taste in music... never thought they would align themselves with shitty tough guy deathcore. But it's all good, everything else they do is pure gold.
December 09, 2010 @ 21:56:50 PM
Your opinion on music is null and void if you think Das Racist is good. The door is in the top right corner, it's red.
December 09, 2010 @ 22:02:51 PM
Your opinion on music is null and void if you think Das Racist is good. The door is in the top right corner, it's red.

sucks you don't have a mac.
December 09, 2010 @ 22:07:53 PM

was thinking the same thing
December 10, 2010 @ 00:10:05 AM

Das Racist are not really artists. They aren't "good." They are having fun, and aren't meant to be taken seriously. The Acacia Strain, on the other hand, are only in the business of selling. They are making commercial music that sounds the exact same as thousands of other bands with the sole intention of sounding tough and appealing to 16 year old boys who want to do spin kicks and fucked up in the pit. Seriously the most uninspired stuff ever.
December 10, 2010 @ 02:06:56 AM
The business of selling in metal lol. You best be joking ♥♥♥♥♥♥. I'll dignify your troll response however and remind you that TAS was one of the first "deathcore" bands, and now everyone is just ripping them off.

Also, just because you aren't being serious doesn't mean you're suddenly exempt from sucking.
December 10, 2010 @ 02:08:21 AM

I knew some dumb piece of hipster shit was going to comment on that. Enjoy your antiquated machine, slugger.
December 10, 2010 @ 10:01:34 AM
The business of selling in metal lol. You best be joking ♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Yes the business of selling metal. It's not on the same level as say Justin Beiber, but the fact is that all TAS is doing is putting out commercialized bullshit aimed to sell at 16 year old kids who buy all their shirts and cds from hot topic. And their music is the same rehashed shit that sells and sells, without an ounce of passion or creativity.
December 10, 2010 @ 12:52:49 PM
I don't think they have really been making music for 10 years without passion... Or else that's a big performance.

The business of selling in metal lol. You best be joking ♥♥♥♥♥♥. I'll dignify your troll response however and remind you that TAS was one of the first "deathcore" bands, and now everyone is just ripping them off.

So they're the ones to blame?
Fear Factory, Lamb of God and Hatebreed made death metal inspired metalcore long before The Acacia Strain... It wasn't even a genre yet, that should tell you how "first" they were. Bullet for my Valentine, As I Lay Dying, At The Gates also had tracks you could say are deathcore. And as far as I'm concerned, The Red Chord, Animosity and Earth Crisis and half of the Canadian mathcore scene (Ion Dissonance, Despised Icon, Neuraxis, even Nile and Cryptopsy, etc) also made deathcore before them. "Everyone ripping them off"? Come on man. Did Job for a Cowboy, Emmure and Suicide Silence rip them off? It's ok that you like them, but they didn't invent anything.

Yall are funny, hopefully soon we will have great talks about who's real hip-hop and real dubstep.
December 10, 2010 @ 14:22:24 PM
So they're the ones to blame?
Fear Factory, Lamb of God and Hatebreed made death metal inspired metalcore long before The Acacia Strain... It wasn't even a genre yet, that should tell you how "first" they were. Bullet for my Valentine, As I Lay Dying, At The Gates also had tracks you could say are deathcore. And as far as I'm concerned, The Red Chord, Animosity and Earth Crisis and half of the Canadian mathcore scene (Ion Dissonance, Despised Icon, Neuraxis, even Nile and Cryptopsy, etc) also made deathcore before them. "Everyone ripping them off"? Come on man. Did Job for a Cowboy, Emmure and Suicide Silence rip them off? It's ok that you like them, but they didn't invent anything.

I never said they invented anything, "one of the first" != the first. Emmure did rip of TAS though, yes. Suicide Silence is just straight garbage so they're irrelevant, and I guess if we're considering it "ripping them off" JFAC's first two CDs were arguably Deathcore and came out long after 2002 (the year When Life Is Very Long came out).

I don't even think half of these bands are actually ripping them off, I didn't really want to go into specifics and semantics with windsock's troll comment. Really he's shown how woefully uninformed he is by using "16 year olds" twice and referencing buying CDs at Hot Topic.
December 10, 2010 @ 15:12:17 PM
I'm probably skewed because I was living in Arizona at the time, but I first saw Job for a Cowboy in 2004 and they were babies. Trust me, they had never heard of TAS. They didn't know much about anything for that matter, they were terrible. But they looked happy to be there.

Again, since deathcore as a genre is essentially a rip-off of pre-existing genres, I can't see how bands existing all at the same time are ripping off one another but not, say, Between The Buried And Me.

If Windsock's being a troll, then don't feed the troll. He may be misinformed about TAS and Bieber, but mostly he just doesn't want to listen to them so there's no use in arguing a case which is not going to end up in either of you accepting one another's point of view. Like all conversations on HB, it will be forgotten by tomorrow anyway. so much motherfcking juggalo love to you two.
December 10, 2010 @ 16:33:09 PM
I'm just gonna leave the arguement at this: I hate TAS. I'm not trolling. I just hear the same boring recycled stuff from them with every album and I think it is an abomination to metal music. Also, if you think that they aren't getting A LOT of business from 16 year old hot topic kids, then you are woefully mistaken. Now obviously that isn't their entire fanbase, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that just genuinely like that kind of music who aren't trendy scenesters.
Anyway, I'm sorry I was a douche and argued about this. Arguing about music is dumb, and something I generally try to stay away from, but I somehow sucked myself into this one. My bad. Let's get back ontopic.
December 11, 2010 @ 12:43:20 PM
Anyone got their Black Friday/Cyber Monday shipped already?
December 11, 2010 @ 13:44:39 PM
got it 2 days ago^^
December 12, 2010 @ 00:42:57 AM
Anyone got their Black Friday/Cyber Monday shipped already?

Just got a confirmation email thursday.
December 13, 2010 @ 12:06:56 PM
Ellen Stagg polaroid originals from the calendar in the store!

http://www.mishkanyc.com/category/2011-calendar
December 13, 2010 @ 22:18:59 PM
what is this cyco 78 business? kinda reminds me of mishka circa summer 2007 (which is most definitely a good thing).

also whoever is writing the clothing descriptions for the online store needs to get a raise

Instagram: @realronjunior

December 13, 2010 @ 22:57:33 PM
ui have alota mishka 4 sale hit me up
December 14, 2010 @ 00:34:33 AM
anyone know if they're doing the holiday $50,$100,and $200 box sales again???
December 14, 2010 @ 00:37:00 AM
anyone know if they're doing the holiday $50,$100,and $200 box sales again???

That's we be great
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.
x