Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 4, 2006 @ 10:47 AM
KC Demion

If someone asked you where you got a certain piece of clothing do you tell them the truth or lie about so they don't steal your style
August 4, 2006 @ 10:54 AM
tommyroks

depends, who is asking. If he is your boy I'll tell them but some stranger I'll just mislead them to somewhere esle..Its not about bitting my style but i dont want him to rock what im rockin..lol
August 4, 2006 @ 10:59 AM
KC Demion

If someone asked you where you got a certain piece of clothing do you tell them the truth or lie about so they don't steal your style

Ima start saying that people gone think you on some exclusive international shit
August 4, 2006 @ 11:03 AM

Inactive

i tell people i got it at my store
haha
August 4, 2006 @ 11:06 AM
Peter Suh

I say the internet.. 9 out of 10 times it's true.
August 4, 2006 @ 11:09 AM
KC Demion

depends, who is asking. If he is your boy I'll tell them but some stranger I'll just mislead them to somewhere esle..Its not about bitting my style but i dont want him to rock what im rockin..lol

I don't want my boy dressing like me that shit looks gay
August 4, 2006 @ 11:12 AM
tommyroks

so if your boy ask, where you get that hoody or tee, you're not gona tell them? If they ask, I wont hold out. Plus i dont really have that prb, me & all my friends dressed different.
August 4, 2006 @ 11:13 AM
Peter Suh

Calling your friend your 'boy' is gay..
August 4, 2006 @ 11:15 AM
KC Demion

so if your boy ask, where you get that hoody or tee, you're not gona tell them? If they ask, I wont hold out. Plus i dont really have that prb, me & all my friends dressed different.

Ok I take that back I would tell him but only until I see him dress like me
August 4, 2006 @ 11:17 AM
tommyroks

Ok I take that back I would tell him but only until I see him dress like me

yea then thats a different story.
August 4, 2006 @ 11:18 AM
KC Demion

Calling your friend your 'boy' is gay..

I aint saying that calling your friend your boy is gay. Im saying that when yall kickin it and yall look like the mudder fuggin doubleminnt twins. that shit is gay or corny or both
August 4, 2006 @ 11:20 AM
Amel

I hate when someone asks me that question
August 4, 2006 @ 11:21 AM
jjs home

I tell them because I feel my whole way of being really can't be duplicated just by another cat buying the same clothes, and I want my peoples that own the stores to get all the business they can
August 4, 2006 @ 11:24 AM

Inactive

I tell them too. No ones going to 'steal my style'.
August 4, 2006 @ 11:27 AM
Amel

I tell them too. No ones going to 'steal my style'.

I had some so called friends jack my clothing style

f that...

where did you get it?

ahmm, my sister bought it for me...i don't know
August 4, 2006 @ 11:29 AM
KC Demion

I tell them because I feel my whole way of being really can't be duplicated just by another cat buying the same clothes, and I want my peoples that own the stores to get all the business they can

I feel you on the store part. but if the average person seen you and another dude dress like you they wouldn't be able to seperate you from him even though yall 2 different people
August 4, 2006 @ 11:30 AM

Inactive

lol.
i dont tell them, but i send them a note with where i got it during 6th period home ec. class. then during lunch if they buy me a hot pocket or a burrito after the student council rally i tell them where i found it. thats how i dont get style jacked.

i actually stopped wearing pants coz someone jacked my pants style.
August 4, 2006 @ 11:33 AM

Inactive

hahahaha

Some of my friends recently got more into 'streetwear', but I think that's a good thing. They didn't jack my style. And if your style is that easy to emulate by just buying a brand you wear....then it's not much of a style.
August 4, 2006 @ 11:34 AM
KC Demion

lol.
i dont tell them, but i send them a note with where i got it during 6th period home ec. class. then during lunch if they buy me a hot pocket or a burrito after the student council rally i tell them where i found it. thats how i dont get style jacked.

i actually stopped wearing pants coz someone jacked my pants style.

Yo thats Funny as hell
August 4, 2006 @ 11:53 AM
Amel

its pretty funny when you show up somewhere and one of your friends has the same shirt as you

I would f punch the shit outta him/her
August 4, 2006 @ 11:58 AM
KC Demion

Awwww shit thats funny!!!!!

but i would to
August 4, 2006 @ 11:59 AM
cpaik

I don't have a problem telling people. I'm in college with 6400 kids, not to mention an assload of people in the city. If one kid bites off my style, no biggie. plus imitation is the highest form of flattery. as long as heads know you did it first, it's fine with me
August 4, 2006 @ 12:03 PM
Peter Suh

..plus imitation is the highest form of flattery..

cool I say that a lot. Plus, no matter how original you think you are.. someone did it before you.
August 4, 2006 @ 12:04 PM
KC Demion

I don't have a problem telling people. I'm in college with 6400 kids, not to mention an assload of people in the city. If one kid bites off my style, no biggie. plus imitation is the highest form of flattery. as long as heads know you did it first, it's fine with me

I feel you but i dont want no got damn body looking like me
August 4, 2006 @ 12:07 PM
cpaik

cool I say that a lot. Plus, no matter how original you think you are.. someone did it before you.

truesay, although with fashion, it's all a local thing. i was the first kid in my high school to wear pink and lacoste (i actually wore a throwback IZOD that my dad had, which sparked lacoste purchasing). I was the first to wear a number of popular shoes (puma romas blew up after i wore mines, new balances back in 4th grade). i'm sure there were kids doing that elsewhere before me, but it's all local. you could bring BAPE to some small town in the mid-west and people would accredit you with "starting" it
August 4, 2006 @ 12:08 PM

Inactive

suprised so THATS why i bought that pink lacoste!
August 4, 2006 @ 12:09 PM
Peter Suh

What is an everyday/normal outfit for you?

I feel you but i dont want no got damn body looking like me
August 4, 2006 @ 12:10 PM
cpaik

What is an everyday/normal outfit for you?

you talking to me?
August 4, 2006 @ 12:11 PM
unlimitedchirp

who cares, my style is more than some store i shop at
August 4, 2006 @ 12:17 PM
jjs home

the one thing I find real wierd about this conversation is like where do ya'll live?. i can't go no where without seeing a decent about of Hypebeast type people? Then if some of ya'll are so tight about the secrets, why do ya'll come here to share these secrets with people that you know even less about then the people that ask you in the real world? Like it seems like ya'll are more willing to share with internet personalities rather then real people, it's just a little odd to me.

beyond that my words may not hold as much weight as other here because I don't wear "streetwear"

Please login first to reply.