Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 6, 2006 @ 05:33 PM

Inactive

Seeing as certain peeps think that HB forum is full happy clapping bape fanatics, who praise everything and critique nothing....

So this thread is just for peeps to get a lil' something off their chest. So if there
March 6, 2006 @ 06:08 PM
Peter Suh

Bape is old and it's getting tired. The camo print is over used no matter how many different colorways you can come up with or 'new' item you throw it on.

Half of 2005 SBs suck and all of 2006 SBs will suck in comparison to any SB done in the past.

The amount of clothing out there with skulls and/or any other bone out there is rediculous.
March 6, 2006 @ 06:10 PM
Nawkternal

A.L.I.E.N Comment

Well,
I really don't agree with you Well He is sitting at home Working on these shirts or jackets 12 or more hours toiling on designing and making this on screen print. Now you get the feeling how people Sitting in a room messing with beats and writing on your piece of paper or people in Sweatshops working so damn hard but no one gives a shit all they care is the brand and acting cool and dont know how much tears came out just for there FAM. but people really dont care about a person's stuggle. The patience,motivation and the bullshit

Well I agree with the rest about bape is overrated and the other comments
March 6, 2006 @ 08:07 PM
belladonna

A.L.I.E.N Comment

Well,
I really don't agree with you Well He is sitting at home Working on these shirts or jackets 12 or more hours toiling on designing and making this on screen print. Now you get the feeling how people Sitting in a room messing with beats and writing on your piece of paper or people in Sweatshops working so damn hard but no one gives a shit all they care is the brand and acting cool and dont know how much tears came out just for there FAM. but people really dont care about a person's stuggle. The patience,motivation and the bullshit

Well I agree with the rest about bape is overrated and the other comments

everyone has a struggle in life. . . because he chose to jump on the street wear train doesn't produce any sympathy from my cold latin heart...who are the fake alien members?
March 6, 2006 @ 08:56 PM

Inactive

haha ohh man this thread is going to create problems..haha
March 6, 2006 @ 09:03 PM
Berzerker Doo

2. BB$ - Now come on! I must not be the only one that thinks they only have hype because of The Hundreds. The first tees were hideous, they may have some deep connotations to the past but they didn't do it for me at all. Just because they get drunk and go to every party in the world doesn
March 6, 2006 @ 09:12 PM
mikhal-kwane

haha ohh man this thread is going to create problems..haha

hell yeah lol
March 6, 2006 @ 09:14 PM

Inactive

Interesting.....:hmmm:
March 6, 2006 @ 09:17 PM
yimmy

I hate that Im too poor to buy everything I want. I mean COME ON!! What the hell am I doing? pfft loser!!
March 6, 2006 @ 09:34 PM

Inactive

im just kind of sick and tired over the amount of copying that goes on in streetwear

i mean , its like every brand jacked the misfits logo...
March 6, 2006 @ 09:44 PM
schtoops1

i hate the hundreds too because they're not down with skateboard P or whatever he calls himself.
March 7, 2006 @ 12:34 AM
bobbyhundreds

Ok so I guess this one's for Tronics. (please note: If he had emailed this to me directly, I would have responded to him personally. However, since he brought it to the forums, I will respond in the same manner.)

At this time, due to certain reasons, I will not discuss my opinions regarding the whole "Skateboard P" thing anymore. But I will say this, Tronics.
Please take a look at what you just wrote YOURSELF.
peeps have been raising concerns over Pharrell's constant skating claims from day! As we all knew he would 'sell out' one way or the other and leave the skate scene exposed to suit and ties!
Just leave it be! We all know that Pharrell's brand of skating doesn
March 7, 2006 @ 12:42 AM

Inactive

I hope ya'll can come to a clean conclusion.
March 7, 2006 @ 01:06 AM
bobbyhundreds

Nah Michael, that's what heads just don't understand on these boards.

I'm not "fighting" or "hating" or "dissing" Tronics.
There is no problem that needs a "clean conlucsion."

Basically, we have differing opinions on a certain topic, and discussing them on an open forum.

As long as things don't get personal, and names don't get called out for unnecessary reasons, it's all good. Again, that's what messageboards are for. Everyone on here has an opinion and wants it to be heard.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure Tronics feels the same way.

So that's the clean conclusion.
March 7, 2006 @ 01:12 AM

Inactive

I think this is a good sign that HB is maturing as a community..
As bobby said as long as things dont get out of hand, healthy discussion is important.

I think HB at least as long as ive known it has been to quick to avoid any sort of contraversy, and just turned into a lovefest, where everyone acted like happy , easily satisfied customers.

streetwear is a growing field and as we're all part of the wider community, we have a vested interest to get out opinions out there, and try to grow appropriately
March 7, 2006 @ 01:22 AM
bobbyhundreds

WORD UP HOMI.
Exactly.
March 7, 2006 @ 01:35 AM
My Pal the Crook

Bobby, why you gotta diss people, huh? U MAD DOGGIE?
March 7, 2006 @ 01:42 AM
bobbyhundreds

:rofl: :rofl:
its time for another rumor, mike
March 7, 2006 @ 01:44 AM
My Pal the Crook

Dude, I heard Target paid you guys 3 million to develop a skate line for them to drop in '07!
March 7, 2006 @ 02:28 AM
Diamond

Oh Wow! The Hundreds @ Target is a major move.
The Hundreds is HUGE!

:rofl:
March 7, 2006 @ 02:51 AM
L.S.O.S

bobby keeps it real. down to earth dude, if you ask me.

respek!
March 7, 2006 @ 03:46 AM

Inactive

I think this is a good sign that HB is maturing as a community..
As bobby said as long as things dont get out of hand, healthy discussion is important.

I think HB at least as long as ive known it has been to quick to avoid any sort of contraversy, and just turned into a lovefest, where everyone acted like happy , easily satisfied customers.

streetwear is a growing field and as we're all part of the wider community, we have a vested interest to get out opinions out there, and try to grow appropriately

Totally admirable Homi.

But no doubt Bobby, totally understandable.

Tronics and BobbyHundreds are both respected people here on the forums. So its somewhat refreshing as to what both of you guys have to say. Most of us are from a country where freedom of speech is inevitable. So say what you guys have to say or point out, but don't make things personal.
March 7, 2006 @ 04:28 AM

Inactive

Yep this is just an open discussion, nothing personal at all, as you well know i support your brand anyways...

But I'd like to clear up one point. In no way am or was i defending Pharrell. I don
March 7, 2006 @ 05:15 AM
Diamond

Hmmm... I have not yet to see a Leroy Jenkins piece I don't like.
I guess I must have different taste than Tronics, but those hoodies are
the hottest joints I have seen in a long time.

2 each his own.
March 7, 2006 @ 09:15 AM

Inactive

Could it be that Lupe just likes skating for what it is, and while he doesnt put the time into it neccesary to become great at it, he can learn the basics.

I'd say the pharrell can't skate is more tongue in cheek than an actual diss, the hundreds being an independent brand should have the ability to post WHATEVER they like. They arent as tied to an image or have to be as "responsible" as a larger brand would, i see this is a positive not a negative.

As for Leroy Jenkins, its a matter of taste, i wouldnt rock it, but i can see its appeal at least
March 7, 2006 @ 09:23 AM

Inactive

LOL This is like that Dave Chappelle skit "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" LOL
March 7, 2006 @ 09:24 AM

Inactive

This thread is actually refreshing and I agree with a lot that has been said on all sides. One thing that I would like to say is that I support the styles and the overall idea behind independent streetwear brands. But just as any other thing that involves purists a lot of the designers and the people who support them are snobish, excluding, elitists, assholes, know-it-alls, pretentious fucks. No other way to say it or put it. They absolutley have to be the first one to like and support something and if it gets the smallest bit of fame they automatically hate it. This is a comment about the culture in general and not directed towards anyone in particular by the way.
March 7, 2006 @ 11:45 AM
FULLFUCKINGMETAL

I noticed the same type of trend with underground rap. People like to find these obscure dope artists and keep them to themselves as a way of showing their dedication to the culture and how much they dislike the mainstream. And once these artist blow up its like "Dude, I listened to them like 4 years ago when they were dope, but they sold out." Does anyone still listen to Atmosphere?!...

Anyways, the same type of thing happens with underground and independent clothing labels, people are down until they see fools on TV, or someone who used to wear abercrombie strolling around downtown with flipflops, diesel jeans, aviators, and you favorite super cool T-shirt brand on high fiving all of his frat buddies. "Man they sold out" Maybe now they have enough money to eat a decent meal every now and again...
Thats just one strange thing that I've noticed, where it fits in here I'm not too sure.

Oh, anyother thing that I find funny is how dedicated to "streetwear" a lot of people are, but the only times their out on the street is when they're camped out in front of a BWS or sneaker spot wait for some exclusive shit to drop.
Shit, I identified with a lot of independent brands because they represented the things that I enjoyed doing. Vandalism, partys, heavymetal, going to shows, general reklessness and lawlessness - going against the grain. It seems like a lot of people are into the exclusiveness, the bragging rights I guess you could call it, than the actual street culture surrounding what brought these brands up.

WHATEVER BRAHHHH
March 7, 2006 @ 11:49 AM

Inactive

This thread is actually refreshing and I agree with a lot that has been said on all sides. One thing that I would like to say is that I support the styles and the overall idea behind independent streetwear brands. But just as any other thing that involves purists a lot of the designers and the people who support them are snobish, excluding, elitists, assholes, know-it-alls, pretentious fucks. No other way to say it or put it. They absolutley have to be the first one to like and support something and if it gets the smallest bit of fame they automatically hate it. This is a comment about the culture in general and not directed towards anyone in particular by the way.

Totally respectful.
March 7, 2006 @ 12:03 PM

Inactive

Does anyone still listen to Atmosphere?!...

i do..haha

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.