FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
September 22, 2009 @ 12:37 AM
.AG23.

There's a lot of talk about The Hundreds selling out...
What's everyones take on this?
I Personally think it they haven't sold out but expanding just like any other person would...

let me start off by saying im a huge hundreds fan and supporter.

however i do think there selling out in a way. At the lecture bobby talked about "being forced to expand to stores in the mall"...i know times are tough, but are they really THAT tough. correct me if im wrong but i thought a big part of the hundreds was it being exclusive. not just collabs and the 5th collection etc just exclusive in general. I cant say its a fact but i highly doubt the hundreds losing 5 or 6 accounts is going to have a critical effect.

i would think staying true to youre roots and original goal is worth the loss.

[inb4 internetAL tells me how stupid i am and how i know nothing razz]
September 22, 2009 @ 12:37 AM
Nhung2609

The Attic coupon doesn't work on Fall Stuff because The Hundreds doesn't allow the current season to be discounted I believe

WWW.TRUMPIA.COM All-In-One Marketing Service specializing in Mobile SMS, MMS, QR Code, Email, Voice, IM, Facebook and Twitter.

September 22, 2009 @ 12:48 AM
oozedrip

let me start off by saying im a huge hundreds fan and supporter.

however i do think there selling out in a way. At the lecture bobby talked about "being forced to expand to stores in the mall"...i know times are tough, but are they really THAT tough. correct me if im wrong but i thought a big part of the hundreds was it being exclusive. not just collabs and the 5th collection etc just exclusive in general. I cant say its a fact but i highly doubt the hundreds losing 5 or 6 accounts is going to have a critical effect.

i would think staying true to youre roots and original goal is worth the loss.

[inb4 internetAL tells me how stupid i am and how i know nothing razz]

ummm... worth the loss?

why would any company want to start incurring a loss?
September 22, 2009 @ 12:50 AM
.AG23.

ummm... worth the loss?

why would any company want to start incurring a loss?

ok.

im not saying any company WANTS or aims toward a loss.

its just that taking a small loss is better than selling out in my opinion.
September 22, 2009 @ 12:51 AM
s.carter

need me some snapbacks
September 22, 2009 @ 12:59 AM
Seeking4

I was actually at that lecture where he spoke about expanding to mall stores...
I saw a store called Boarders carry them at the Glendale mall, I was disappointed when I saw it because it seemed like it wasn't exclusive...but in a way you have to expect it when your trying to run a business and don't have other accounts to expand to other than mall stores..I never buy anything from other stores other than TH stores..It makes me feel like the product is more exclusive and put together plus you get a pretty cool bag along with the purchase..Its all about the shopping experience to me
September 22, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
.AG23.

I was actually at that lecture where he spoke about expanding to mall stores...
I saw a store called Boarders carry them at the Glendale mall, I was disappointed when I saw it because it seemed like it wasn't exclusive...but in a way you have to expect it when your trying to run a business and don't have other accounts to expand to other than mall stores..I never buy anything from other stores other than TH stores..It makes me feel like the product is more exclusive and put together plus you get a pretty cool bag along with the purchase..Its all about the shopping experience to me

i agree 100% about the shopping experience.

im just saying, look at brands like supreme (its garbage imo, just an example.) they manage to stay exclusive forever.
September 22, 2009 @ 01:13 AM
Croosh Loosh

Boarders is a skate shop that is owned by 3 Korean guys jay chris and mike who happen to be friends of Bobby and I'm sure that's the only reason why they allow them to carry TH. I used to work at Xtreme when I was younger which is also owned by the same 3 guys and they carry the brand as well.
September 22, 2009 @ 07:56 AM
Seeking4

I see....
September 22, 2009 @ 11:20 AM
ae86

Boarders is a skate shop that is owned by 3 Korean guys jay chris and mike who happen to be friends of Bobby and I'm sure that's the only reason why they allow them to carry TH. I used to work at Xtreme when I was younger which is also owned by the same 3 guys and they carry the brand as well.

you used to work at xtreme? the skate shop in culver?

www.rimpaulosangeles.com

September 22, 2009 @ 11:45 AM
Croosh Loosh

correct. long time ago. when they first opened and it was at the westside mall. then they moved to venice and i quit when they moved over there cause all the other employees i worked with quit too and moved and did other shit.

Bolla worked there too. i think he still does but im not sure.

They moved again and now they are on jefferson though.
September 22, 2009 @ 12:09 PM
ae86

damn so you were there when they first started, that was a long time ago, like 7 years ago i think. i didnt know they started in the westside mall. i know a few of the employees at the culver city one and im coo with all the ones at the ktown store.

www.rimpaulosangeles.com

September 22, 2009 @ 12:16 PM
Seeking4

Anyone going to pick up the sun glasses today?
September 22, 2009 @ 12:43 PM
Croosh Loosh

^no. they drop thursday.

and yeah xtreme was about 6-7 years ago. i had to get a work permit from my high school to work there so i was probably 15-16 lol. that shit was super cool back in the day. i would just hang out talk shit watch skate vids and help peeps from time to time. sundays were the best cause there were no bosses so we'd do nothing eat all day and play skate inside the store and shit. i miss it. plus the discounts never hurt cool
September 22, 2009 @ 12:50 PM
Croosh Loosh

yo bobby just posted saying the vinyl figures drop this thursday at barracuda and on all the other shit i've read they are suppose to come out next thursday Oct. 1st

anyone know whats up?
September 22, 2009 @ 12:51 PM
Seeking4

Oh shit my bad...For some reason I thought it was thursday already
Another long week
September 22, 2009 @ 12:52 PM
Frank_

selling out will be when you see their shit on karmaloop and they put up their whole entire line on their....if they didnt start selling more we would probably see less everybody needs to make money
September 22, 2009 @ 01:20 PM
GoldenChild

Why every time a brand is carried at a local mall people consider the brand to be selling out? Like people have stated before, it is not like they carry the whole line. A couple shirts here and there some shoes and a hat or two. That's why they have store only items and the Rosewood collection, for the hardcore devotees. Wear it because you like and "SUPPORT" the brand not just for the exclusivity. Yeah it's "COOL" wearing something no one else has but serious saying a brand is dead or selling out because they carry it at the mall. Grow up.cool
September 22, 2009 @ 01:23 PM
Seeking4

^^
Agree..
September 22, 2009 @ 01:37 PM

Inactive

wear it because you like and "support" the brand not just for the exclusivity. Yeah it's "cool" wearing something no one else has but serious saying a brand is dead or selling out because they carry it at the mall. Grow up.cool

qft!!
September 22, 2009 @ 02:21 PM
G60

Haven't heard the term 'selling out' since i was in high school.

and that's the type of mentality you have to be in to worry about 'selling out'.

support your favorites.
September 22, 2009 @ 02:22 PM
Intern-et Al

SF Exclusive Team Hats.
These are only available at THSF and come out this Thursday...

I work for The Hundreds. And I'm a girl.

September 22, 2009 @ 02:34 PM
Jordan R

^^ its the POST GIANTS AND SHARKS CW.

hehe looks dope
September 22, 2009 @ 02:51 PM
canza

long as its dope ill buy it...I like it so why does it matter how many ppl wear it or who wears it.

Selling out? Thats a bad mentality to have...

FS - Naked and Famous denim collection http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/175380/

September 22, 2009 @ 02:58 PM
.AG23.

These are only available at THSF and come out this Thursday...

cool these are so nice.
September 22, 2009 @ 03:39 PM
hypebeast21

re the phoenix sunglasses droppin online next monday?
September 22, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
GoldenChild

This Thursday I believe.
September 22, 2009 @ 04:16 PM
hypebeast21

no on online
September 22, 2009 @ 04:22 PM
hypebeast21

no i mean on online drop
September 22, 2009 @ 04:26 PM
Seeking4

It always usually drops the monday after but who knows.. def. not me

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.