Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 12, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
dunceanddreamer

Hi Everyone,

Is it just me of is the UK streetwear scene just a parody of whats going on in the states?
Ive seen and heard a lot of people moaning about the lack of originality in the British stretwear scene.

I think its a shame because we got a lot of stuff going on in the UK, e.g. in the art, high-end fashion and music word were smashing it at the moment.

Why isnt that replicated in street wear?

What would people in the UK want to see in their streetwear?

Waking up & Dreaming. www.facebook.com/DunceandDreamer @dunceanddreamer

July 12, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
DaPark

^Yeah tumblr is living proof of this.

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

July 13, 2012 @ 06:41 AM
Lucky-Luciano

just back from amsterdam they have something completey fresh going on more fitted sophisticated kinda thing compared to over here and the shoe game is far better also alot more chicks are into it over there

Keep your glory gold and glitter!!

July 13, 2012 @ 07:51 AM
dunceanddreamer

just back from amsterdam they have something completey fresh going on more fitted sophisticated kinda thing compared to over here and the shoe game is far better also alot more chicks are into it over there

Chicks in streetwear! - Guilty pleasure! Peso893, any websites I can check out?

July 13, 2012 @ 12:13 PM
harlyz1

chicks in streetwear cool

I just see so many brands popping up on facebook its ridiculous, so many are doing the same thing. The problem comes when there shit sells out in a day. If people continue to buy shoddy graphic tees and aztec/floral/camo logo tees brands will continue to make them and feel less inclined to go out there and do something different.
July 13, 2012 @ 01:56 PM
dunceanddreamer

chicks in streetwear cool

I just see so many brands popping up on facebook its ridiculous, so many are doing the same thing. The problem comes when there shit sells out in a day. If people continue to buy shoddy graphic tees and aztec/floral/camo logo tees brands will continue to make them and feel less inclined to go out there and do something different.

So what would you like to see thats different?

I guess the problem is, someone needs to stick their necks out and try and make something different and risk ridicule, basically.

I like what artful dodger were doing a few years back then they disappeared, then sold rocawear and then disappeared again.

July 15, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

The UK always copies America

And OP what music are we owning? Pop music?
July 16, 2012 @ 09:05 AM
dunceanddreamer

The UK always copies America

And OP what music are we owning? Pop music?

That's my point, we don't have to and it annoys me.

I think its a game of numbers unfortunately, there's more Americans to sell to, to people think that the way to go is to switchup their style. (isn't it cringey to think that almost every UK rapper back in the day felt they had to rap in a USA accent?, Tim (Yawn) Westwood still does).

We don't (own) any music scene in terms of sales but definitely in terms of creativity, the USA is a dessert in terms of creativity we will always be more creative.

In the past - ( People like Portishead, massive attack etc, James Blake (v recent i know), Remember Monie Love?, Soul II Soul) to name a few, yes, had american influences but also a v British feel that is/was different to anything that came out of the states...then somewhere it all changed! I know it's played out now but I love how people like roots manuva talked about British things in British accents. I know he's mainstream but i guarantee you that in a few years Labrinth will be a game changer in British pop music.

July 16, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

I agreed with you 100% till you mentioned Labrinth man lol
July 16, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
dunceanddreamer

I agreed with you 100% till you mentioned Labrinth man lol

Haha,I will bet you hard cash that he will be a game changer!? Maybe not in a way that you or I may like but he will be a BIG BIG influence on UK and US pop music. Guarantee.

July 16, 2012 @ 09:24 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Yeah he'll be in the mix with the rest of the pop artists but in terms of actual music I don't really rate the guy lol. I think the UK can offer far more in terms of musical quality, I hate our pop offerings
August 19, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
versafe

Its about the numbers, as America will always have a bigger influence on streetwear because of the amount of people

WTB: Palace Versafe tee S

Please login first to reply.