300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
November 29, 2011 @ 02:32 PM
overtheradar

I'm writing a short piece on the above mentioned topic and would appreciate your feedback as Europeans.

How well do U.S. brands fare in Europe?
Are American street wear brands viewed as legitimately desirable or rather as a fad? What American brands are popular in Europe?

I'm assuming the imported brands are pretty expensive in comparison to local european brands, correct?
Lastly, where do you think the biggest European market is? Germany? England? The Netherlands?

Thanks for your input...

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

November 29, 2011 @ 02:49 PM
Bobby

They do well and are desired by a lot of people but it kinda depends on your group of friends too. Popular brands are Carhartt, HUF, Obey, The Hundreds, Vans, Stussy, much like in the USA. A lot of people here want Supreme too but it's harder and/or way more expensive to get in The Netherlands. We also pay more like, when the average snapback goes for about 30 USD in the USA here it will be around 50-60 USD.

And most local European brands such as Sixpack France, Norse Projects, Ontour etc are still expensive, compared to American brands
November 29, 2011 @ 03:59 PM

Inactive

Depends on the kind of people you affiliate with, but in Northern Europe, US street wear brands are more popular among younger people (in general), i say the older you get the more local you get ( but I guess it's only natural- older people go for the more conservative, cleaner look.. which European ("street wear") brands offer more of than US street wear brands.)
This is a transition among urban people at least.

Street wear brands got a pretty similar price range, but the local clothing are often higher quality and is a often a bit more expensive than US street wear.
November 29, 2011 @ 06:47 PM
My kielbasa sausage

It actually may sound unreal for someone from America, but Poland is one of the biggest street wear markets in Europe. No, seriously, lots of on-line and stationary stores offer products from The Hundreds, Obey, Stussy, Crooks&Castles etc. European brands like Carhartt WIP are no problem too. Polish market is growing like a motherfucking yeast, so far the variety of brands available isn't huge, but if something can't be bought in our country, there's no problem with shipping it from USA/Europe.

Oh, did I mention that some of the stores sold 2011 AJ3 BC for less than 150$?
November 30, 2011 @ 02:59 AM
overtheradar

They do well and are desired by a lot of people but it kinda depends on your group of friends too. Popular brands are Carhartt, HUF, Obey, The Hundreds, Vans, Stussy, much like in the USA. A lot of people here want Supreme too but it's harder and/or way more expensive to get in The Netherlands. We also pay more like, when the average snapback goes for about 30 USD in the USA here it will be around 50-60 USD.

And most local European brands such as Sixpack France, Norse Projects, Ontour etc are still expensive, compared to American brands

Based off of what you're saying it seems like there's already a strong market for the larger American brands in Europe. And I agree the European brands you mentioned to cater to a different demographic apparent by the detail of their pieces and the higher price-points... not very comparable.

Depends on the kind of people you affiliate with, but in Northern Europe, US street wear brands are more popular among younger people (in general), i say the older you get the more local you get ( but I guess it's only natural- older people go for the more conservative, cleaner look.. which European ("street wear") brands offer more of than US street wear brands.)
This is a transition among urban people at least.

Street wear brands got a pretty similar price range, but the local clothing are often higher quality and is a often a bit more expensive than US street wear.

Are there any examples of stereotypical European street wear brands that are comparable to The Hundreds or Diamond in America? Thanks for your input btw, seems like the European market is maturing quicker than the U.S.

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

November 30, 2011 @ 03:06 AM
overtheradar

November 30, 2011 @ 07:03 PM

Inactive

Similar to Hundreds?---
Closest would probably be I.N.I: facebook.com/inibergen (Norwegian, not a big brand, but they've hold it down for a couple of years)
I'm sure there is a couple of other brands as well, but nothing "major"

Norse, Wood Wood, NN07 are the local brands people who got "urban" roots (etc) fuck with over here lol.
December 1, 2011 @ 11:23 AM
sarlo

In the Netherlands most people wear stuff from H&M, Zara, Berska and G-star (I hate this brand). Brands like Nudie Jeans, Denham, Tommy Hilfiger, Burberry and Ralph Lauren are popular but mostly worn by the big majority.

Real American brands and the better jeans brands are very hard to find.
December 1, 2011 @ 12:42 PM
b-r-ate

serbia has none.

ja sam tu zbog para.

December 3, 2011 @ 08:42 PM
fishscaler

I lived in SoCal for most of my life and moved to the UK 2 years ago. From my experience, the majority of people here don't wear/recognize/understand street brands, as smart-casual is the "look" that most people go for.
December 3, 2011 @ 09:11 PM

Inactive

I lived in SoCal for most of my life and moved to the UK 2 years ago. From my experience, the majority of people here don't wear/recognize/understand street brands, as smart-casual is the "look" that most people go for.

u clearly aint been about fam
December 8, 2011 @ 12:34 AM
greazy

I live about an hour away from London and although the vast majority of young people wear standard clothing like Top Man, H&M etc. there are a lot of people wearing street-wear and its definitely growing. Compared to a few years ago no one really wore the Hundreds and Diamond Supply Co etc. but Stussy and Carhatt have always been big here. There are a lot of English brands like the American streetwear companies, such as Trapstar, Ugly Kids Club, Second Son. Trapstar always make sure American rappers that come over to London are given clothes to promote and I've seen ASAP Rocky, Mac Miller, Ski Beatz all wearing it. American Streetwear is being introduced to many smaller stores but the bigger retailers such as Urban Outfitters usually stick to European streetwear brands!
December 17, 2011 @ 06:14 PM
Jordan3-2-none

this^ and the thing is i've only noticed it in like the last two years. Alot of people really dig AA over here too, I see at least one hoodie a day at uni. Streetwear is probably most popular with people aged around the 18-25 mark over here.

On the flip side alot of people have been getting into charity shop clothing too. I don't think vintage clothing growing as fast as streetwear but its definitely catching up.
December 17, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
Jordan3-2-none

It actually may sound unreal for someone from America, but Poland is one of the biggest street wear markets in Europe. No, seriously, lots of on-line and stationary stores offer products from The Hundreds, Obey, Stussy, Crooks&Castles etc. European brands like Carhartt WIP are no problem too. Polish market is growing like a motherfucking yeast, so far the variety of brands available isn't huge, but if something can't be bought in our country, there's no problem with shipping it from USA/Europe.

link me some polish streetwear sites please lol
June 1, 2012 @ 08:38 AM
danielromme

Hi Everybody. American streetwear is big in Denmark and europe where i live. tjek out my favorit online shop
www.dropdead.dk
June 2, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
cestlavie

in Italy is really small...only Vans and Supreme are well known. But we are a strange country s its normal, leave us alone.
July 23, 2012 @ 04:18 AM
rudeboy

european brands such as g-star, jack&jones and h&m are the most common worn brands here in germany. but american brands such as ray ban and hollister are also highly popular.

imo european brands wins > in quality

diesel, calvin klein, paco rabanne ........ this kind of fashion culture you will only find in europe. if you walk through italian citys like milano everybody looks well dressed like a fucking fashion model. its scary. suprised
October 10, 2012 @ 03:33 PM
J_Got_The_Geass

Here in Holland Streetwear isn't really big. Atleast brands such as Obey and The Hundreds are, just the overproduced things. I rarely see someone dressed in exclusive streetwear.

Changed my name from Mojosodope to J_Got_The_Geass

October 10, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
nyeko92

Send the Links for the polish online stores please? :D
October 18, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
nyeko92

Could you send links of online stores for Obey, The hundreds etc?
December 22, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
Huck88

There is not a store in Turkey that you can find any American street brands. Except that there's a store in Istanbul called Lastik Pabuc and it sells some OBEY and that's it. And when I found about it I was fuckin excited as fuck cuz it was something new but I hate OBEY. So yeah.

Please login first to reply.