Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 1, 2010 @ 03:24 PM
thongstealer

Going to Zurich in December for 7 days. Trying to figure out what to do while I'm there. I'm definitely going to snowboard the alps. Other than that I'm just going tour around. Can anyone give me some suggestion on what to do or where to eat?
October 3, 2010 @ 07:38 PM
stash

Check out escher wyss platz, they got a store called grandism there. For street/skate wear check out niederdorf, they've got a bunch of shops around there. APC can be found at Apartment which is on Loewenstrasse. Higher End Brands such as Balmain, Balenciaga etc can be found at various Trois Pommes which are scattered all around Bahnhofstr (Zurich is small, they're less than a 10 mins footwalk away from each other - if that). Food wise, Burger is good when you're trying to eat a quick sandwhich or something. For the best cafe de paris steak and good cuisine go to Seerose, Terrasse or Chez Fritz. Sushi is best at Samurai in Wiedikon - just amazing. Drinks, there's Paddy Reilly's near Loewenstrasse, Shamrocks in Wollishofen, Terrasse and Skebe at Bellevue, Onyx Bar in the Hyatt, Metropol, WidderBar in the Widder Hotel on Rennweg, Zum Hoeck for some traditional cheap ass swiss beer near the main trainstation, outback in Stadelhofen and others. Club wise I suggest Saint Germain on Bahnhofstrasse/Rennweg, Indochine, Encore Zurich, Alte Boerse, Kaufleuten, Jade or Icon. But really Saint Germain is the one and only. Also check out Tao's for a nice bar with a good restaurant. If you need any more info let me know.
October 4, 2010 @ 05:10 PM
thongstealer

Thanks for the info bro. I think that list will keep us busy. If you were to choose 3 main stops where you would take someone. Which would it be? Also, does a lot of people speak english?
October 4, 2010 @ 07:34 PM
stash

Restaurant wise: Samurai, Terrasse and Seerose.
Bars: Terrasse, Taos and Paddy Reillys.
Shops: Trois Pommes, Grandism and Bahnhofstrasse.
Clubs: Saint Germain. Saint Germain. Saint Germain. Maybe Jade also.

In the places I mentioned you shouldnt have a problem with english. In general, maybe at Kiosks and stuff, but in general people do speak english.

Also remember to bring a lot of $$$ because ZH is fucking expensive.
October 5, 2010 @ 10:04 PM
thongstealer

thats cool. hows the asian scene over there?
October 6, 2010 @ 12:14 AM
bobby

Geneva stand up cool

wish i could tell you some dope spots besides the playgrounds i chilled at as a kid
October 8, 2010 @ 07:17 AM
thongstealer

im excited to go. we staying at the swissotel, zurich. might venture out to geneva. gotta figure out the routes.
November 9, 2010 @ 10:32 AM
thongstealer

You guys think Geneva is worth stopping by?
November 9, 2010 @ 04:02 PM
bobby

i'd say so, it's a pretty unique city...right on the lake (which has a parking lot underneath). if you're around you might as well go
December 4, 2010 @ 12:05 AM
thongstealer

24 more days, we in this. I'm gonna be staying at the Swissotel in Zurich. Any recommendations of which mountains to snowboard?
December 6, 2010 @ 11:10 AM
caitlinoreo

I'm from Geneva ! If you have the time I would recommend coming to visit Geneva, it's a nice little city with quite a few things to do. There are a lot of nice places to eat and there are a some nice shops depending on what you are looking for. If you decide to go and want to know where to go and what to do I would be happy to help smile

Bobby where abouts are you from in Geneva ?
December 14, 2010 @ 01:20 AM
thongstealer

^That's cool. What are some recommended places to visit in Geneva?
December 23, 2010 @ 03:30 PM
caitlinoreo

I would recommend going to the Plainpalais area they have some good shops around there and lots of nice places to eat.

Rive is worth having a look around as it is the main shopping area/street with lots of different shops, and also the old town which is near Rive.

If you're in to Art galleries you should definitely go to Carouge.

All theses places are located on the same tram line, and are 5 minutes away from each other by tram or bus.
April 7, 2011 @ 05:02 PM
endatteTon

Anyone from Switzerland
Whats up guys. Not a word from anyone on the European site for two weeks now. This must be a record.

Please login first to reply.