March 8, 2010 @ 01:26 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

Hi guys, just need some feedback on what you guys would think about me opening a new trainer shop, currently writing a business plan , but dont really know where to start with getting clients etc to gather stock.

Just wanted to know if anyone here has started a business or anything of that ilk and would give me a few tips on starting a new business, places, websites to look at etc.

(im from EU, this is why the post is here, seemed the most relevant lol)

Milo smile
March 8, 2010 @ 01:51 PM
mr.orange

That would be cool. The problem would be getting accounts, and also money to start it up.

If you ever got it off the blueprints and into reality you know i'd be on board if you needed help.
March 8, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

yeah man, its like walking into the unknown, obviously Id post here if I had jobs etc. but yeah dont even know where to start lol!
March 8, 2010 @ 05:52 PM
JayToTheDee

Plan, plan and then plan some more my dude

and make sure your involved for the right reasons, do you want to just own your own store because it's cool or do want to MAKE profit?

before you even get accounts you need to define what type of store it would be, small and local outside of london or slap bang in the middle of central as 'THE' xclusive spot to go to...are you going to have a lot of people traffic or will you rely on the web as your main source of income. Just sneakers or apparel too...really define your store and its target market because any label worth its weight in salt will want to know these things. Then just email people until you get to the right person, but when you do make sure your plans so tight it ends up being their loss if their not involved with you store..... good luck!
March 9, 2010 @ 12:07 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

Sounds good to me. Yeah starting the business plan now and will continue to delve into the idea. The idea of why I want it is something to think about aswell. Very important. Ill be sure to let you know how its going! smile
March 10, 2010 @ 08:19 AM
bakes

If you are talking about a business plan to hand to the bank, you are going to have to go with more than an idea. Some things you need know/think about:

Accounts
Focasts
Overheads
Monthly growth (%, month on month)
Profit and loss assumptions
Capex
GP margins & net profit margins
Cash flow
Balance sheets (fixed assets, intanglibles)
Assets
Creditors
Captial & Reserves
Tax

It has to be run as a business, and believe me, it aint easy!

Good luck, son!

www.themovingdevelopment.com

March 10, 2010 @ 10:10 AM
365Hustle

Everybody said it man. It won't be easy but it's definitely possible. It's all about planning though because after so much planning it may not even seem feasible anymore. Best of luck man.

Please login first to reply.