Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
December 30, 2008 @ 10:21 PM
itZj0k3R

For some reason I've been in the mood for zombie movies.
I've played Nazi Zombies on CoDWaW and Left4Dead, I guess thats giving me cravings.

I'm looking for action zombie killing movies like:

Resident Evil
Dawn of the Dead
I Am Legend
28 Days/Weeks Later
30 Days of Night
December 30, 2008 @ 11:54 PM
soulamazing.

REC should be up there as well. So should Diary of the Dead. Pretty dope movie.

EDIT: Take I Am Legend out of there. That movie was terrible.
December 31, 2008 @ 02:53 AM
Flatland Funk

I Am Legend was fire...

Check out The Evil Dead
December 31, 2008 @ 04:03 AM
AlphaTrion

I Am Legend isn't a zombie movie, they're basically retarded vampires. and in the original book they are vampires.
30 Days of Night is also vampires.
28 Days Later is a virus movie, technically not zombies
and Resident Evil was just plain garbage.

Top actual zombie movies:

Night Of the Living Dead (Original and Savini Remake)
Dawn of the Dead (Original)
Day of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
Lucio Fulci's Zombie (Zombi 2 in the united states)
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Pet Semetary
Braindead
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Shaun of the Dead
December 31, 2008 @ 05:22 AM
flyyguyy86

evil dead series is the shit...dont forget army of darkness
December 31, 2008 @ 12:47 PM
itZj0k3R

Well, I don't mean EXACTLY zombie movies.
But like action killing monsters and shiet you know what I mean?
The concept was kinda the same in the movies I mentioned.
December 31, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
SwissMissFire

diary of the dead was shit, all Romero's others were pretty legit, but Diaryrazz

Evil Dead is firecool
December 31, 2008 @ 05:53 PM
rich

Shaun of the Dead

>sad>sad>sad>sad
December 31, 2008 @ 06:48 PM
Sonic

What's weird is that zombie movie are a rollicking good time and have a serious cult following, but let's face it, zombie movies are all shit. The best zombie movie I've ever seen, as in not just viscerally amusing but actually good, is Shaun of the Dead. Romero deserves props for birthing the genre, but come on, he's awful. Night of the Living Dead is awful. Dawn of the Dead is awful. Day of the Dead is awful. Any OG zombie film fan would crucify me for saying this, but honestly, Land of the Dead is Romero's best movie. Which is funny, because that movie is averagetastic. But John Leguizamo X Dennis Hopper collabos can't be argued with. Diary of the dead is beyond awful. I think watching that movie took 10 years off the end of my life it was so bad.

If you want zombies, here's what I reccomend:

1. Shaun of the Dead. Best zombie movie evarrrr.
2. Dawn of the Dead remake. This movie is terrible, but has a lot of redeemable elements. Cast was like, a 6.5, which makes it among the better casted zombie films ever. Music was unbelievably bad, and during the midsection it completely loses all its direction. BUT, for pure adrenaline and balls-out zombie murdering violence, it gets the job done admirably.
3. Land of the Dead. Cast is a 7.5, which is the record to beat in all of Zombiedom. Pretty samey, but again, for the adrenaline kick, it gets a reccomendation.
4. 28 Days Later. Again, since I'm a film snob detail loving fagmosexual, I have to mention it's not technically a zombie movie. But fuck that, for all intents and purposes it's a zombie movie. This is actually a really solid film. Like Land, it loses direction halfway through, but unlike Land when it deviates from zombie attacks for a bit it's actually pretty compelling.
5. 28 Weeks Later. Like its predecessor, an all around solid bit of filmmaking. Nice and tense, excellent soundtrack, and I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but you'd probably smash the lead jailbait honey. The medic chick can get it too.

Frankly that's where the well runs dry for me. There are practically innumerable zombie flicks out there (for Christmas I actually got a comprehensive guide to zombie movies, so when I can be buggered to read it I'll probably amend this post), a lot of them from Italy or elsewhere because Romero is retarded and didn't properly copyright Night, so a lot of unofficial remakes were legally fair game. Feel free to look outside the english speaking world, but there's no reason to believe an Italian zombie flick is any less shit than all the American and English ones.

Happy hunting, homie.
December 31, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
rich

Shaun of the Dead
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shaun_of_the_dead/

vs

Diary of the Dead
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/diary_of_the_dead/
Night of the Living Dead
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1031183-night_of_the_living_dead/
Land of the Dead
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/land_of_the_dead/
Dawn of the Dead
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dawn_of_the_dead/

In terms of present "dead" series (1990+), only Shaun of the Dead breaks 90%
Funny that its a zombie comedy and it gets better reviews. cool
December 31, 2008 @ 07:12 PM
Sev

i swear to god for I Am Legend they just took the 3D models from iRobot and made them look like zombies. What a garbage movie.

Steady decrease in respect for Will Smith these days... now he's remaking Oldboy and the Karate Kid... smh...

30 Days of Night is a vampire flick but it's really a lot of fun. Although they're vampires they act a lot like zombies... they aren't sophisticated but a lot more animalistic... yet unlike zombies they'er like superpowered and organized haha. A lot of the deaths are pretty cool, I suggest you check it out.
January 1, 2009 @ 09:55 AM
Scotiax

30 Days of Night is a vampire flick but it's really a lot of fun. Although they're vampires they act a lot like zombies... they aren't sophisticated but a lot more animalistic... yet unlike zombies they'er like superpowered and organized haha. A lot of the deaths are pretty cool, I suggest you check it out.

30 Days of Night is fucking terrible!!!!!!

there are some nice deaths etc.. but the film is terrible.

and by introducing the viewer to the vampires on an alost perosnal level is a no no in horror films in my opinion the first half was alot better when you didnt know who they were.

there are so many more flaws with the movie i dont even want to speak about it.
lol
January 2, 2009 @ 03:21 PM
Average Joe 51

Vampires are a lot like zombies. And I gotta co-sign the Shaun of the Dead movies man. Those rawked hard. That is my favorite zombie movie. Night of the Living dead was live too. Some of those I haven't seen though.
July 31, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
free hit

Nice movie
good work..
thanks for posting

more Entertainment
July 31, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
acolby215

Shawn of the dead
July 31, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
Yom

The Happiness of the Katakuris

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw5fWqmP6fY

best zombie musical movie u will ever see

www.nagoyayom.com

January 29, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
its_BJ

ANY BOUT HAVE SOME NEW MOVIES AND POST LINKS
January 29, 2012 @ 05:11 AM
xVILLN

This film >

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

January 29, 2012 @ 02:27 PM
young idiot

not sure if they count as zombies but zombieland was brilliant
January 30, 2012 @ 08:20 PM
goldANDsacks

omg that scene in the beginning of 28 weeks later when the dude is running in an open field and there's zombies everywhere. he's like, so fucked. so gooooood.

you should also check out AMC's Walking Dead (TV show). its on mid-season break right now so its a good chance to catch up if you haven't been watching. tho it's a TV show, its shot as a series, so watching the episodes back to back is like watching a long ass movie.
January 30, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
avantgarde302

the walking dead is pretty good. house of the dead was alright too
remember the house of the dead video games for ps1??

Please login first to reply.