Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 19, 2008 @ 08:11 AM
Helgen

Just saw this today (a screener of it.)

I swear, I never heard so many different racial slurs from one mouth, this movie, no joke, is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while, it's like a drama/comedy, a little somewhat like Leon: The Professional (you should understand this type of humor.)

Aside from that, I found the movie to be quite bogus in terms of his rough character, the dialog in it was somewhat, in my own opinion, bullshitty. Maybe it's just me, I don't care if it already got awards, it seemed like too much bullshit, but it doesn't mean it was a bad movie.

The Asian gangsters in this are so hollow, it's like "hi, I'm an Asian gangster, I have a tricked out ride, I mock Asian culture by acting like a hoodlum, har har har!" You have to see it.

The up side to this movie is the words I learned, or remembered thanks to Clint Eastwood's extensive list of racial slurs:

For blacks: Spooks
For whites: Slippy
For Asians: Slopes, Zipperheads, Dragonlady (for females,) ****s (I knew that already,) Charlie Chan, Kang, Sewer Rat, Fish Heads. I swear, he must have said like 10 more good ones!

"Slope" is fucking AWESOME!

I give this movie a 7 out of 10.

Pros -
Fucking awesome racial slurs
Good hardcore dialog similar to Dirty Harry
Clint Eastwood

Cons -
Ricers
Seemingly bogus dialog at times
Ridiculous amount of bullshit about the Hmong ways
Young Asian chicks bring old white guys to the basement party with other teens? Whhhhat?
December 19, 2008 @ 08:24 AM
nadu

I just got done watching it about an hour ago im not gonna lie it had a lot of racist shit but it was sorta funny

And I have to agree I did learn a lot of new racial words fav being dragon lady lol

It was alright but im glad i didnt pay to see it

The part where hes reading the paper to the kid talking about all the races and his car had me loling.

Edit: he said Go-oks a lot too
December 19, 2008 @ 08:50 AM
SK1

I liked this film a lot, one of the better ones of this year. I think the acting from the kids in the movie was weak, but I guess they wanted to cast people who were actually Hmong, Mexican, etc., it was just obvious they didn't have a lot of acting experience, especially in comparison to Eastwood. So, he sort of overpowered them and the film, but if you're an Eastwood fan, you'll definitely like this. The ending made this a good movie for me.

BTW, I thought the films message about America was good also, on one side you have the spoiled sons of factory workers (Clint's kids and grandkids) and then you have white kids trying to be ghetto (the kid out on the date with the girl). If you notice, because Clint is a vet, he says more to say to the white kid, calling him a pussy and saying these guys don't want to be friends with you, than he does the actual black gangsters. I think Clint was definitely trying to show a lot of older white people that they can find common ground with minorities. There's so many themes in this movie to explore which is why I think it's so clever. Job well done by Eastwood.

Basically, I thought the minorities came off looking better than the white people, except Eastwood. While some of the minorities in the film are displayed as gangsters, the whites are shown as petty, cowardly, and lazy.
December 19, 2008 @ 12:16 PM
Tobias

loved it
December 19, 2008 @ 12:26 PM
ktrulez

i caught the trailer for it and definately aroused my attention.. but i dont know if i'd pay 11 to watch this.. heard good things about it though.. confused
December 20, 2008 @ 03:44 AM
ateeeewuh.

clint eastwood is a god
December 21, 2008 @ 12:34 AM
minimalist.

Awesome movie, highly recommend it.
December 21, 2008 @ 04:51 AM
ThePepperSkull

Charlie Chan

Random bit of information, this is the asian equivalent to an "Uncle Tom". If an asian calls another asian a "Charlie Chan", then they're basically calling him out to be a stereotype-fulfilling, white-pleasing asian. Doesn't get used much though but I use it a lot because I see too many charlie chan motherfuckers out here.

I have yet to see the movie but I hear good things.
December 21, 2008 @ 06:24 AM
hypism.

They took Clint Eastwood to a basement party? ok lol I'm not watching it...
December 21, 2008 @ 06:34 AM
Kingkoor

I thought overall it was dope. Nothing spectacular, but it held my attention.
December 21, 2008 @ 08:54 AM
SK1

They took Clint Eastwood to a basement party? ok lol I'm not watching it...

I can definitely picture that because it'd be funny, plus she only did it so he would talk to her brother...
December 21, 2008 @ 11:55 AM
hypoh

I thought the movie was okay, but the acting was horrid and some of the situations were laughable... like when Eastwood beat up that kid rofl.
December 21, 2008 @ 03:47 PM
magneticman

I can't remember the last time I saw acting so bad, I really hope they weren't paid much.
December 21, 2008 @ 08:48 PM
ThePepperSkull

[QUOTE=
December 21, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
Citizen-16657

Movie is a perfect depiction of Hmongs in the Detroit area........PERFECT, trust me on this
December 22, 2008 @ 04:59 PM

Inactive

The racism was great. Especially when he punked those asians.
December 22, 2008 @ 05:59 PM
Failure Pt.3

link to it
December 22, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
Muff Rider

he called toads girl
yum yum lol

Lurk'in Since 06

December 22, 2008 @ 07:49 PM
Logikal Accord

This movie was great. Clint's racist tirades are off the chain. I wish I could give a link but I guess HB's gay like that. If you want one, PM me.
December 23, 2008 @ 11:22 AM
ktrulez

just finished the movie thanks to the hookup from logikal.. definately not a movie i would pay to see but it wasnt bad either..
December 26, 2008 @ 05:46 AM
KUSH

man how they gonna make some dudes that look like they play world of warcraft play the part of asian gangsters... fucked up shit how they had them in a civic with a wing... stereotypes up the ass
December 28, 2008 @ 08:29 PM
timmehboii

Actully, i found those asian gangsters to be a pretty good depiction, my whole family is in shit like that, and aside from the way they dress, that big ass spolier on the car, it was almost accurate. Oh, and a family member would never push another family member into joining a gang like that, yeah though, i kinda feel like this is making my race look kinda bad and makes us look like F.O.B.'s.
December 28, 2008 @ 09:03 PM
SubPrime

lol damn slopes
December 28, 2008 @ 09:31 PM
cthulhu

man i loved this m spoiloler edited
December 29, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
WojieWorldPeace

man i loved this movie, i just wish he didn't die, he shoulda let toad and the zombie ass lookin slope die then he kills the fishhead thugs y'na

Nice fucking spoiler ya fuck.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

December 29, 2008 @ 02:21 AM
skaeggska

I fucking loved this movie. I still wish Toad got to fuck some shit up though.
December 29, 2008 @ 01:40 PM
KlAzE1

i saw the trailor, this shit reminds me of some asian banger homies i knew in high school, hahaha they did a pretty good job.
December 29, 2008 @ 04:21 PM
THiZZ

Movie was was okay...i was laughing when they rolled up on the mexicans though...***** really pulled out a fucking cap gun when they had a uzi wtf?!? haha and then they tell that ***** to get in the car when they already 5 deep in a fuckin 92-95 civic LMAO... i was like shit i would've denied a ride too...

-THiZZ
December 30, 2008 @ 10:44 AM
DaVinci

I thought this movie was very good, the majority of the first half of the movie is pretty hilarious. If you're not an easily offended asian you should definetely watch it
December 30, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
AntonyT

i met clints personal accountant while they filmed the whole movie here in the local areas. dude gave me 40 bones to catch a ride from a bar to his hotel that was 15 min away. it was a fun ass night ant i made 40 bucks haha.

movie looks hella good.

now, from the bar to his hotel u say?..

i mean i voted against prop 8, so no hate... but you tricked for only $40?

Please login first to reply.