Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 7, 2009 @ 05:08 PM
phikz

Glory was great, i watched it in history class. i believe all the soldiers are African Americans right? i felt really bad at the end...

Death Sentence is not underrated. It was all right, but it sucks with ridiculous gun fights and shit... come on. I like Kevin Bacon as an actor though

The Machinist was quite interesting. they portrayed the result of "Guilt." Christian Bale is a real deal and losing that much weight, although i hate the way he speaks... always mono-tone

Well, after not sleeping for how ever long he hadn't and being wracked with fatigue, I think that sounding mono-tone in this fitted in perfect.
January 8, 2009 @ 04:39 AM
MILK_&crackers

I command you all to watch "Rise of the Footsoldier", Fantastic movie even tho it drags on a bit towards the end, but lots of visceral blood across the screen action if thats your scene, now im off to watch dog day afternoon & call it a day, goodnight my children!
January 8, 2009 @ 05:02 AM
chopstickthugz

^ i dont take commands from no one!

The Hunted starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio del Toro. cool knife fight actons and not many ppl seen it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunted_(2003_film)
January 8, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
randomgrandeur

The Hunted is okay. Not underrated.
January 9, 2009 @ 04:30 AM
MILK_&crackers

^ i dont take commands from no one!

The Hunted starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio del Toro. cool knife fight actons and not many ppl seen it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunted_(2003_film)

so then you DO take commands from EVERYONE? double negatives save the day again!!!

and yea the hunted was pretty decent, i may concede that its slightly underrated if only because its never mentioned in any context, IF you go see rise of the footsoldier....NAOOO!!!
January 9, 2009 @ 06:55 AM
chopstickthugz

fuck u got me... eh... i'll watch it LOL
January 9, 2009 @ 06:58 AM
Scotiax

I command you all to watch "Rise of the Footsoldier", Fantastic movie even tho it drags on a bit towards the end, but lots of visceral blood across the screen action if thats your scene

Its an ok film, its worth a watch. I did really enjoy it. But its not fantastic and its memory fades pretty quickly.

on another note "Sexy Beast" is worth a watch. (very good film)
not sure if its been mentioned "Layer Cake" is pretty good.
"Lock Stock and two smoking barrels" another good british gangster film

there are sooo many.

a good film with Daniel Craig is "Enduring Love" Which i highly recommend.

edit:

I don't know if it has been mentioned but i don't think American Gangster got enough credit. I thought it was a wonderful film.
January 9, 2009 @ 12:23 PM
chopstickthugz

"Lock Stock and two smoking barrels" was good and kept me interested when i was watching it.

American Gangster was good, but i got bored at some point and i didnt like how they're trying to portray protaganist so much bigger than life character. (im very aware that he makes million $ a day on the street) Maybe i couldnt really relate to him and lost the connection there. "Scarface" on the other hand did good job by bringin up the lowest scumbag into a hungry fierce beast. Love the whole Greek tragedy theme

i just downloaded the chronically edited version of "Memento," (which was released as an limited edition DVD, my version is fan edited) i was quite surprised by the fact how many ppl were confused after the film. I knew what the fuck was up when i first watching it... i love the scene where John chases the other guy then just to find out that he's the one who's actually being chased and aimed gun point at him. LOL
January 9, 2009 @ 01:04 PM
Scotiax

American Gangster was good, but i got bored at some point and i didnt like how they're trying to portray protaganist so much bigger than life character. (im very aware that he makes million $ a day on the street) Maybe i couldnt really relate to him and lost the connection there. "Scarface" on the other hand did good job by bringin up the lowest scumbag into a hungry fierce beast. Love the whole Greek tragedy theme

I think i like the progression of American gangster it shows how he gets to the top in more depth unlike Scarface (i know the do show it but its a bit too fast for my liking)
however i love Scarface its a shit load better than American Gangster
January 9, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
chopstickthugz

"Carlito's Way" was good too and guess what Al Pacino is in it as a Puerto Rican gangsta who just relased from the jail. Sean Penn as a Coke addicted Jewish lawyer friend was excellent. Carlito tried so hard to chase his American dream... and planned to walk away it from all of the dirty works once it for all.

Al Pacino's acting on difference between this movie and "Scarface" turned out to be AGE ! Tony Montona was a young ambitious guy willing to do anything to get what he wants compare to Carlito, who's tired of his criminal way of living after going through jail then come out as an old man and wants no more. I could see Tony becoming Carlito in his later years. Carlito reminiscencing himself when he was young and fearless when he's on his way to deal with his young cousin in the beginning and young thug at his club.

*i like the guy in the wheel chair in "Carlito's way," he showed such a desperation in front of Carlito and begged him for help then later on Carlito himself was put into desperation situation later on in the future. i find this scene very good contrast n great foreshadow of Carlito's future.

i guess this movie has Greek tragedy elements in it too.
January 10, 2009 @ 04:21 AM
MILK_&crackers

lock stock & 2 smoking barrels is one of my favorite movies of all times, arguably guy ritchies best work (Havent seen rock & rolla yet)

but im going to have to disagree with the general consensus on american gangster and say i was extremely dissapointed with that film, there was not a single thing in it that hasnt been done a million times b4 ad nauseam

carlitos way is worth a watch, but is by no means a must see imo
January 10, 2009 @ 05:08 AM
Addy

I wish I would have seen that you put Children of Men on your list of top 10 so I could have stopped reading sooner.
January 10, 2009 @ 05:15 AM
MILK_&crackers

I wish I would have seen that you put Children of Men on your list of top 10 so I could have stopped reading sooner.

you really didnt like that movie??? suprised

That movie was brilliant, but to each his own i guess
January 10, 2009 @ 05:17 AM
Addy

^^ Nah, homie. In fact I would put it on MY top 10 list of most overrated movies.
January 10, 2009 @ 06:36 AM
Scotiax

^^^What?^^^
I'm confused by what your saying.

Children of Men is good. Its not underrated and its not overrated.
Its a solid film with solid acting.
its just not amazing.
its worth a watch.
its worth buying the dvd or blu ray etc.
January 10, 2009 @ 07:46 AM
Addy

^^^What?^^^
I'm confused by what your saying.

Children of Men is good. Its not underrated and its not overrated.
Its a solid film with solid acting.
its just not amazing.
its worth a watch.
its worth buying the dvd or blu ray etc.

I disagree.
January 11, 2009 @ 12:41 AM
chopstickthugz

I disagree.

i like Children of Men... shit was fresh and i like the idea of entire population not being able to reproduce. It was an epic film, but i'll watch it again and it's buying DVD worthy
January 11, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
MILK_&crackers

underrated you say???

....gattaca...GATTACA!!!!

Please login first to reply.