Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 1, 2009 @ 06:19 PM
randomgrandeur

Lucky # Slevin is underrated.
January 2, 2009 @ 07:23 AM
Scotiax

Lucky # Slevin is underrated.

Not really.
It is what it is.
and that's an ok film.

Eastern promises is very good, certainly one of the best films of 2007 (i only saw it in o8 though)

I don't think anyone has mentioned "lolita" the original that is.

or

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

^^^^excellent film^^^^^^^

and I'm going to say it

Finding Neverland
January 2, 2009 @ 09:42 AM
SK1

I still haven't seen Fear and Loathing, I've heard a lot of good things about it. Lolita is definitely very good.
January 2, 2009 @ 12:29 PM
Scotiax

I still haven't seen Fear and Loathing, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Its really good.
I dont think is on IMDB's top 250 which is weird.
because it very very good.

just thought of another film, which i dont think anyone has mentioned

Battle Royal.

and

Hallam Foe
is amazing.
January 2, 2009 @ 12:45 PM
Ace.

Psycho not scary,
given the time.. most people after seeing that probably were paranoid when stepping into a shower.
Shawshank not a top 10?
Niggga...

at least u didn't say shizznit bout pulp fiction.
January 2, 2009 @ 01:04 PM
MiamiSkate

Watching elliot ride E.T home, then the spectacular music by John Williams come in, then E.T lifts the bike and the ride past the moon with the music still playing, give me chills all the time.

Watching those Jurrasic park gates open then ride past all of those long necked dinosaurs with John Williams spectacular music playing give me chills all the time
January 2, 2009 @ 01:18 PM
BobtheFoB

hm i think the best movie of all time was stealth.
with the predictable plot, unfathomable basis, and jamie foxx

investment banking pays the bills

January 2, 2009 @ 01:22 PM
Ace.

Watching elliot ride E.T home, then the spectacular music by John Williams come in, then E.T lifts the bike and the ride past the moon with the music still playing, give me chills all the time.

Watching those Jurrasic park gates open then ride past all of those long necked dinosaurs with John Williams spectacular music playing give me chills all the time

Fag

January 2, 2009 @ 02:07 PM
SK1

What exactly about Shawshank is so amazing? Its not a film known for its technical brilliance that's for sure...
January 2, 2009 @ 07:07 PM
Remedi

i didnt bother reading any other pages but IMO Juno was way overrated
January 3, 2009 @ 03:18 AM
ville alfa

i didnt bother reading any other pages but IMO Juno was way overrated

true.

What exactly about Shawshank is so amazing? Its not a film known for its technical brilliance that's for sure...

wut?

it's a film known for it's excellent plot, superb acting performances and it relays a message that will never become irrelevant.
January 3, 2009 @ 08:08 AM
chopstickthugz

i just got 2001: A Space Odyssey, havent got a chace to watch it yet.

lm going to check it out to see what's a huge deal about this film
January 3, 2009 @ 09:00 AM
SK1

Another highly overrated recent film was The Prestige.

From 2008, check out Chop Shop if you haven't seen it.
January 3, 2009 @ 04:34 PM
MILK_&crackers

i still havent seen a clockwork orange =(

hows apocalypse now? is it worth renting or dloading at least?
January 3, 2009 @ 07:46 PM
MiamiSkate

Fag

what makes me a fag?
this: (getting chills from hearing the incredible music composed by john williams along with the touching film directed by steven speilberg

and when you watch this video make sure you turn up the volume, same thing goes with jurrasic park

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQ7tYuVe4I
January 3, 2009 @ 08:11 PM
chopstickthugz

^ it's sad, but unfortunelly for AceisNOTFresh. being moved by beautiful films is a FAG...

wtf lol. The Prestige did good, somehow end of the story has some "deus ex machina" in it.
1. (in ancient Greek and Roman drama) a god introduced into a play to resolve the entanglements of the plot.
2. any artificial or improbable device resolving the difficulties of a plot.

i dont think i watched apocalypse now, but i strongly recommend

The Killing Fields (www.imdb.com/title/tt0087553/)
great acting and great realistic depcition of fucking hell in Cambodia and friendship too. Great emotional ending with great song "Imagine" by John Lennon

The Thin Red Line (www.imdb.com/title/tt0120863/)
i didnt realize this movie come out around the same time as Saving Private Ryan and i guess ppl picked over killing and war scenes over never end question, is war worth? if it is who is it for?
January 3, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
Seeing Red

four brothers.
January 3, 2009 @ 11:02 PM
MILK_&crackers

four brothers.

get out...now
January 3, 2009 @ 11:27 PM
SK1

i still havent seen a clockwork orange =(

hows apocalypse now? is it worth renting or dloading at least?

A Clockwork Orange is amazing! Definitely my favoritre Kubrick film, Heath Ledger based the Joker on Alex Delarge.

Apocalypse Now might just be my favorite Coppolla, although Godfather I&II are genius. Its definitely worth seeing, great film, maybe one of the best. I'd also check out Aguirre: Wrath of God, not as well known but some people think its better than Apocalypse Now. Definitely a lot creepier and disorienting I think..
January 4, 2009 @ 05:50 AM
ville alfa

apocalypse now and aguirre share some thematic elements and coppola has named it as one of the key influences while he was filming apocalypse now, but given that another is a big budget war movie that mainly delves into the absurdness and madness of warfare while the other is a small bugdet art house film that explores how wicked individual people can be (or become), i probably wouldn't even place them in the same sentence.

herzog's early films wouldn't be half as good without klaus kinski.

pps. on the earlier posts: thin red line is highly inferior to saving private ryan in my books. malick or no malick, shit was boring and self-indulgent.
January 4, 2009 @ 09:10 AM
chopstickthugz

^ it's unfortune u find Thin Red Line boring... that movie absolutely has its depth of its own on WAR, just like Saving Private Ryan, but Ryan showed more gruesome part of the war. For example, the Normandy Scene where a soldier holding his blown off arm with his other arm in confusion.

Anyone watched "This Is England?" it's a great film about 13? year old troubled English boy without his Dad who died in a war growing up as he desperately looking for a group of friends who will accept him and the father figure in England.

deals with many social issues in England, Im very pleased with this film and i think it's pretty underrated.
January 4, 2009 @ 10:49 AM
SK1

I liked This is England a lot, its an important film because what went on then in the 80s is going on now. The parallels between the Falklands and the Iraq War are nicely done, not too in your face but you get the message.

About Apocalypse Now, Brando kind of fucked up, I wonder what it would have looked like if he had come in at the right weight and such...

Anyone see Control? Its by this photographer Anton Corbijn, about the lead singer from Joy Division. Check it out, at least for the photography.
January 4, 2009 @ 11:13 AM
MiamiSkate

ahhh saving private ryan another win for mr. speilberg
January 5, 2009 @ 11:01 PM
BareBackBruce

One of my favorite films i think is way too underrated: The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada..
January 6, 2009 @ 02:10 PM
Joweee

Death Sentence. check it out.
January 6, 2009 @ 03:11 PM
phikz

I disagree about The Shawshank, I think it's a brilliant film. My favourite actually.

The machinist is better than Fight Club in all seriousness. Fight Club is one to watch with a group of friends or what ever.

Disagree about Se7en too, I really dont think it was that predictable. Good film IMO.

I do agree about America history X though, it's the same with This is England. Everyone I know rapes it to fuck. Both pretty lame films with not much going for them other than them both portraying racism. You know, people love films like this though which are a bit edgy and 'shocking'. Perticularly middle class white people or just gay people who can't see past there own nose. I thought the story line was a pile of wank too and the ending was even worse.
January 6, 2009 @ 09:50 PM
rico227

wow, been a long time since i been on hb, and this just happened 2 be the first thread i look into... pretty good thread... u guys were talkin about war movies.... anyone seen Glory with Denzel Washington when he was younger and Morgan Freeman and dude who played Ferris Bueller (forgot his name).... thats my fav war movie of all time... if you haven't seen it check it out... really really great movie, and i guess you could say it's underrated as well...
January 7, 2009 @ 09:11 AM
SK1

I like Full Metal Jacket a lot as a war film, along with Apocalypse Now.
January 7, 2009 @ 03:22 PM
MILK_&crackers

wow, been a long time since i been on hb, and this just happened 2 be the first thread i look into... pretty good thread... u guys were talkin about war movies.... anyone seen Glory with Denzel Washington when he was younger and Morgan Freeman and dude who played Ferris Bueller (forgot his name).... thats my fav war movie of all time... if you haven't seen it check it out... really really great movie, and i guess you could say it's underrated as well...

glory was great, matthew broderick was pretty good in it as well although its been some while since ive seen it admittedly
January 7, 2009 @ 04:18 PM
chopstickthugz

Glory was great, i watched it in history class. i believe all the soldiers are African Americans right? i felt really bad at the end...

Death Sentence is not underrated. It was all right, but it sucks with ridiculous gun fights and shit... come on. I like Kevin Bacon as an actor though

The Machinist was quite interesting. they portrayed the result of "Guilt." Christian Bale is a real deal and losing that much weight, although i hate the way he speaks... always mono-tone

Please login first to reply.