yall might think im trippin but

ninja scroll > akira

Truth.
cool

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

August 2, 2011 @ 09:39 PM
Iggle

if you havent watched Baccano! you're missing out

just started watching it. watched the 1st two and am starting the 3rd. have no idea what's going on

#pedogangweindis

August 3, 2011 @ 02:03 AM
st3p.

yeah its like that, it's really good though, you start to piece the story together as you go on and i think itll all start making sense at about the 6th or 7th ep. it's supposed to be the 'Pulp Fiction' of anime.

started watching Durarara, 8th episode, don't really understand the hype around it, it's.. alright at best
August 3, 2011 @ 05:47 AM
ONEdollar

samurai champloo got added to netlflix instant a couple days ago, watchin it for the 3rd time.

also any of yall have any insight on:
Casshern sins
Darker than black
Claymore

they are all on netflix instant casshern and darker looked cool. some random guy recommended claymore. haven't watched any yet. also taking recommendations for other mature-ish actiony animes on netflix instant
August 3, 2011 @ 09:11 AM
Mr.Mittens

samurai champloo got added to netlflix instant a couple days ago, watchin it for the 3rd time.

also any of yall have any insight on:
Casshern sins
Darker than black
Claymore

they are all on netflix instant casshern and darker looked cool. some random guy recommended claymore. haven't watched any yet. also taking recommendations for other mature-ish actiony animes on netflix instant

1) Casshern SINS is a 2008 remake of the older anime Neo-Human Casshern released in the 1970's.
This is honestly one of my most favorite anime, not only because I'm a fan of Casshern, but because it has to be one of the most visually stunning anime to date. Has quite the dreary story with a pretty good story line.

2) Darker than Black is about a bunch of esper type folk called Contractors. It has an excellent story and has 2 seasons I believe. It was an anime first and a manga second.

3) Claymore is just bloody fun. Pretty much theres a bunch of "demonic knights" called Claymores killing other monsters as well as each other, they're also all female(bloody super powered demon slaying chicks is always a bonus). Pretty good looking anime with a great story. Has a manga as well. The bloodiest of the 3.

http://twitter.com/CrazyHates

August 3, 2011 @ 10:44 PM
dergatron9000

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayao_Miyazaki

ANYTHING by this man is gold. he is to anime what dreamworks is to animation
August 3, 2011 @ 11:26 PM
alexanderrness

princess mononoke
August 4, 2011 @ 12:48 PM
SoleFresh87

Hiyazaki gets busy no question.

Outlaw Star was my shit , mad it was done in just a handfull of episodes.

I Dont see much talk of the New ThunderCats on here , wonder why lol

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

August 4, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
Butcher206

I really enjoyed Claymore. I watched the whole thing on Hulu, pity it only got 1 season but maybe its for the best. I give that anime a solid B+/A-. Just really good action with a well done yet simple(if not cliche) storyline.

The same person who got me onto Claymore has been raving about Darker Than Black but I just can't get into it but I've heard really good things about the first season.

I find Ghibli films to be very well animated but mostly overrated.
August 5, 2011 @ 07:08 PM
Iggle

yeah its like that, it's really good though, you start to piece the story together as you go on and i think itll all start making sense at about the 6th or 7th ep. it's supposed to be the 'Pulp Fiction' of anime.

started watching Durarara, 8th episode, don't really understand the hype around it, it's.. alright at best

yeah it definitely ended a lot stronger than it started. isaac and miria >sad

#pedogangweindis

August 7, 2011 @ 02:11 AM
Belak

eureka 7 was dope glad I watched it, the story was really well thought out. Started watching the wolverine anime, shit is dope highly recommended.
August 8, 2011 @ 06:28 PM
Iggle

i'm watching eureka 7 now and i'm really liking it. not sure what it is cause there hasn't been a lot of action, its not funny, and the story seems almost non-existent so far, but its still somehow entertaining

#pedogangweindis

August 8, 2011 @ 06:48 PM
tehcake

It gets better, keep on watching.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

August 8, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
PiagetNoodle

yall might think im trippin but

ninja scroll > akira

Dumb dumb dumb dumb

and anyone who agreed with that........... DUMB

Also, Vampire D Bloodlust? yuck. The original shits on that.
August 8, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
st3p.

It gets better, keep on watching.

yeah i finished it, i still have mixed feelings about it, there were like 3 separate plotlines and i found that i wasn't really sure when one ended and the other one began, the switch to each plotline is really like subtle. it was okay... i continued watching but it kind of felt like a chore like one of those things where its 'im so far in already.. might as well continue'. not to mention i thought there was going to be a huge climax where all the stories intersect with each other and cause one huge clusterfuck, but it really all goes down to what i expected it to be. Shizuo is definitely a bauss though.

been watching arakawa under the bridge, finished the first season on the second. the whole anime is just a bunch of random shit thrown it, still funny though.

still trying to find an anime thats as good as baccano or code geass, still no luck so far though. im contemplating whether i should start watching one piece from ep1 and try to catch up.. but thats a long ass journey.
August 8, 2011 @ 07:39 PM
iPhamous

yeah i finished it, i still have mixed feelings about it, there were like 3 separate plotlines and i found that i wasn't really sure when one ended and the other one began, the switch to each plotline is really like subtle. it was okay... i continued watching but it kind of felt like a chore like one of those things where its 'im so far in already.. might as well continue'. not to mention i thought there was going to be a huge climax where all the stories intersect with each other and cause one huge clusterfuck, but it really all goes down to what i expected it to be. Shizuo is definitely a bauss though.

been watching arakawa under the bridge, finished the first season on the second. the whole anime is just a bunch of random shit thrown it, still funny though.

still trying to find an anime thats as good as baccano or code geass, still no luck so far though. im contemplating whether i should start watching one piece from ep1 and try to catch up.. but thats a long ass journey.

I started one piece at like ep. 135, missed out on a whole lot.
August 8, 2011 @ 08:35 PM
AustinRobot

any miyazaki direction film has me in fantasy land..
August 9, 2011 @ 03:12 PM
Iggle

i thought spirited away was just OK, but i fucking loved princess mononoke. that and ninja scroll were the films that really got me into anime

#pedogangweindis

August 9, 2011 @ 05:21 PM
estnsf

Death note....by far. havent come across, in my short anime life, another anime that has matched death notes level of smartness lol
August 10, 2011 @ 02:36 AM
Butcher206

^You need to watch more animes then.

Finally getting around to really giving Darker Than Black a shot, after the 3rd episode the action picks up, pretty cool so far, I'm gonna watch the rest.
August 12, 2011 @ 03:17 PM
Iggle

Still have 17 episodes and the movie to watch, but eureka 7 is becoming one of my favorites. right up there with GTO, fma brotherhood and gurren lagann

#pedogangweindis

August 14, 2011 @ 04:44 PM
Iggle

SPOILER ALERT FOR EUREKA 7, GURREN LAGGAN and BACANNO

don't want to sound like a simp or nothing, but why do so many animes have to end the way they do? i fucking loved watching eureka 7 and gurren laggan, but why can't there be closure and have these ♥♥♥♥♥s just live happily ever after. there's always got to be some mystery and sadness and shit sad. wish there were more endings like bacanno where everything just works out for everyone

and please don't recommend me animes with happy endings. that'll just ruin the ending for everyone

#pedogangweindis

August 14, 2011 @ 05:06 PM
Butcher206

Darker Than Black lost my interest after volume 3, I'd rec those first 3 volumes of it tho, gets boring after that.
August 14, 2011 @ 06:48 PM
Iggle

would you guys recommend watching gantz? i watched the first few episodes (like 3 or something) and thought it was really stupid. like unbearably bad. i'm thinking maybe i gave up on it too soon and should give it another shot

#pedogangweindis

August 14, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
st3p.

mmm i recommend on reading gantz instead of watching.
im up to date with the gantz manga and its pretty intense, definitely a series where shit just blows up beyond comprehension

also, been watching one piece lately.. ep 112, its.. alright, enough to keep me watching
August 14, 2011 @ 10:57 PM
zyezye

SPOILER ALERT FOR EUREKA 7, GURREN LAGGAN and BACANNO

don't want to sound like a simp or nothing, but why do so many animes have to end the way they do? i fucking loved watching eureka 7 and gurren laggan, but why can't there be closure and have these ♥♥♥♥♥s just live happily ever after. there's always got to be some mystery and sadness and shit sad. wish there were more endings like bacanno where everything just works out for everyone

and please don't recommend me animes with happy endings. that'll just ruin the ending for everyone

i thought eureka 7 and gurren laggan ended perfectly the way it did and theres always the movie (not including the contemplation movies)

warning though, not a lot of people liked the eureka 7 movie "Eureka Seven: Good Night Sleep Tight, Young Lovers". same characters, different/alternate world/universe and different story.

the gurren laggan movies are basically the series in movie form

i`ve forgotten about the movies completely and last time i tried to find them none were subbed, i think now is a good time to watch them
links

Eureka Seven: Good Night Sleep Tight, Young Lovers:
part 1
www.myspace.com/video/erme/euri1fix/59913550
part2
www.myspace.com/video/vid/59882583#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_RV
part3
www.myspace.com/video/erme/euri3/59881460
part4
www.myspace.com/video/485420611/euri4/59882809
August 14, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
Butcher206

would you guys recommend watching gantz? i watched the first few episodes (like 3 or something) and thought it was really stupid. like unbearably bad. i'm thinking maybe i gave up on it too soon and should give it another shot

mmm i recommend on reading gantz instead of watching.
im up to date with the gantz manga and its pretty intense, definitely a series where shit just blows up beyond comprehension

Yea read the manga instead, really good premise and story but the anime was executed poorly. I still watched it all just because I'm a fan of the manga, but its mediocre at best.

Please login first to reply.