Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 8, 2011 @ 09:15 PM
young idiot

it is shit that they can't say fuck, not even once a season like breaking bad
December 11, 2011 @ 09:27 PM
PlatinumRespect

Sutter put out a 2 part video on his youtube page explaining why the finale was presented that way...

FX wouldnt give him 2 hours for a finale so he had to split it into 2 eps. another route was to cut about 25 mins for a 90 minute finale, but there was too much to show.

REMEMBER THAT THE FINALE WAS "Act 1" and "Act 2"... stop looking at the last episode as the finale and look at them as a whole.

I love this show but have always thought HBO could have given it so much more of what it needed, cursing and violence wise.
December 11, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
PlatinumRespect

^^

December 11, 2011 @ 10:54 PM
young idiot

also explains it here, as well as vaguely where he wants the show to go in upcoming seasons

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-sons-of-anarchy-creator-kurt-sutter-post-mortems-season-4

but yeah pretty much every show would be better on hbo
December 11, 2011 @ 11:13 PM
jaded

Sutter put out a 2 part video on his youtube page explaining why the finale was presented that way...

FX wouldnt give him 2 hours for a finale so he had to split it into 2 eps. another route was to cut about 25 mins for a 90 minute finale, but there was too much to show.

REMEMBER THAT THE FINALE WAS "Act 1" and "Act 2"... stop looking at the last episode as the finale and look at them as a whole.

I love this show but have always thought HBO could have given it so much more of what it needed, cursing and violence wise.

Even as a whole it was bad. They took the easy way out of resolving every situation that they built up all season: Juice, the RICO case, Clay, Tara and Jax leaving, etc. I didn't watch all season just to see the CIA come in and wipe everything out.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 12, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
PlatinumRespect

^ http://sutterink.blogspot.com/2011/12/critics-lamentwhat-is-sons-of-anarchy.html
December 12, 2011 @ 01:18 AM
jaded

^ http://sutterink.blogspot.com/2011/12/critics-lamentwhat-is-sons-of-anarchy.html

Kurt Sutter writing an article justifying his decisions for the show and this season's finale doesn't automatically make it a good finale. It's obvious that a vast majority of fans were disappointed, otherwise he wouldn't have to write that article in the first place.

All season they built up several stories which I have already listed a couple times in this thread since the finale aired and they wiped them all out by having the cartel work for the CIA. Juice getting revealed for having a black father? not anymore, case was shut down and the evidence was given to Juice to destroy. Bobby Elvis locked up because Otto ratted? not anymore, CIA is going to try and get the charges dismissed. Tara being kidnapped and killed? nope, they were going to put her in protective custody, now she'll take over Gemma's role and be even more annoying. SOA and the IRA being taken down with RICO? nope, CIA usurped the district attorney and shut it all down. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the entire season wasn't spent building each of those things up to a boiling point and then wiping them all out in one fell swoop by revealing that the CIA was involved.

I'm a huge fan of the show, I have watched it since day one, but that finale was a big let down for me. The only thing that would've partially saved it for me would've been Tara getting killed off or leaving Jax. When she walked into the conference room at the end and said "I'm not going anywhere" I was like

December 12, 2011 @ 07:00 AM
WOLFdayz

Even as a whole it was bad. They took the easy way out of resolving every situation that they built up all season: Juice, the RICO case, Clay, Tara and Jax leaving, etc. I didn't watch all season just to see the CIA come in and wipe everything out.

this
December 12, 2011 @ 09:19 AM
DREWKKAKE

You got to think about the show as a whole. Starts out with Jax disagreeing with the direction Clay was taking the club. Jax had to eventually take over as president, this is what the whole show is about.. people are just pissed off at how it happened.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

December 13, 2011 @ 05:52 AM
PlatinumRespect

lol i just dont get what you guys expected... rolling into season 5 with everyone caught by RICO and it turns into prison break? aren't you kinda glad this RICO shit failed? i am.
December 13, 2011 @ 06:40 AM
jaded

lol i just dont get what you guys expected... rolling into season 5 with everyone caught by RICO and it turns into prison break? aren't you kinda glad this RICO shit failed? i am.

Obviously I'm glad that the RICO case was shut down because it keeps the club alive and active, but what I don't like is that they used the CIA to wipe out EVERYTHING they built up all season, not just RICO. Take Juice for example, almost every episode had a segment dedicated to what he was going through, and then it's just like "okay no problem anymore here's the only proof you can go destroy it."

December 13, 2011 @ 06:31 PM
DREWKKAKE

yeah but think about how all the characters developed over the season.

December 13, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
pete

It's a good show.
December 18, 2011 @ 07:51 AM
DREWKKAKE

i mean all the other seasons end the same way. big build up for a simple solution at the end

December 19, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
KTA

last season wasnt a simple solution at all tbh. it was complex and no one really knew what was going to happen
December 19, 2011 @ 08:08 PM
DREWKKAKE

i didnt watch all of 3 lol. but still.

December 19, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
PlatinumRespect

all in all tho, this season was still far better than 3. 3 was the worst season yet.
December 19, 2011 @ 10:13 PM
jaded

all in all tho, this season was still far better than 3. 3 was the worst season yet.

Season 3 spent way too long with the whole Abel thing, but the finale was awesome.

December 19, 2011 @ 10:33 PM
DREWKKAKE

season 1 and 2 were so dope. i just rewatched them on netflix

December 19, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
jaded

season 1 and 2 were so dope. i just rewatched them on netflix

Yeah, those will be hard to beat. I liked it more when they're criminal activity wasn't on such a grand scale.

January 8, 2012 @ 12:36 AM
DREWKKAKE

well they keep making new friends with bigger organizations. but next season is probably going to keep them local around the bay area and itll be all against the blacks

January 8, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
jaded

well they keep making new friends with bigger organizations. but next season is probably going to keep them local around the bay area and itll be all against the blacks

I know, but then you run into the problem like Weeds has where they just keep getting away with ridiculous stuff that you could obviously never get away with in reality, especially not in a tiny town like Charming.

January 8, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
young idiot

i feel like the show wouldn't seem so hacky if it took itself less seriously, like true blood, instead of trying to be a soapy version of the shield, which is paradoxical
January 8, 2012 @ 12:22 PM
PlatinumRespect

I know, but then you run into the problem like Weeds has where they just keep getting away with ridiculous stuff that you could obviously never get away with in reality, especially not in a tiny town like Charming.

lol ive always thought about how funny it is that they can just walk around in town with knives on their hip and guns out, and no one says anything. but then again, its a show and i wouldnt like to see it the other way, just an observation
July 18, 2012 @ 04:25 AM
PlatinumRespect

FULL Sons of Anarchy Panel from SDCC 2012

July 28, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
PlatinumRespect

July 29, 2012 @ 09:27 AM
indecisive

interesting find. Might I suggest checking out the appisodes which show about their time in prison during the gap between 3rd and 4th season. Hopefully they also replay all the 4th season so i can refresh my memory before the 5th season starts.
July 30, 2012 @ 09:46 PM
PlatinumRespect

^ yeah i seen those, well, the ones that are actually up on youtube. some arent too good quality tho...
August 20, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
PlatinumRespect

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 1, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
DStyles

Just started watching this show.

Finna run through the whole 3 seasons on netflix and then see if I can DL the 4th season just in time for the 5th season cool

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

Please login first to reply.