June 30, 2006 @ 02:41 PM
questioner

whats so great about this movie. i watche dit the other day for the first time and thought it was kind of boring.
June 30, 2006 @ 04:46 PM

Inactive

Iono..I just like it a lot.
June 30, 2006 @ 05:44 PM
dblockdosmil

i love that damn movie
June 30, 2006 @ 05:47 PM
MystaX

I actually played the video game before I watched the movie and stopped when the game caught up to first scene, so when I watched I had a bit more care for the characters, esp since there isnt so much background on them. I mean u wouldnt realize how badass cleon was if u didnt see his backstory... but yea u gotta take it for what it is, cult classics dont necessarily appeal to the masses
June 30, 2006 @ 10:54 PM
harrysax

i think you have to get the dvd to understand it because it explains itself a little bit how it was the first movie to have synthesized rock music or however the hell you spell it and a bunch of other shit
July 1, 2006 @ 05:49 PM
TheFly

It was one of the only films loosely based on new york hip-hop culture that wasnt completely over the top corny. Okok.. so it was pretty corny, but it seemed a lot cooler back then. Its still a neat concept, and done pretty well for what they had im pretty sure.

Aesthetically its beautiful. The score is pretty damn fresh. The radio dj's voice is buttery wonderful. Plus its about gang/writers in (a somewhat fictional) NYC, and to all us kids who grew up far away and only saw New York on TV and in movies that was enough in itself to make it a cult classic. Its the hip-hop version of Blade Runner (or maybe the gooniesconfused.

I can see why kids think its wack now though, especially ones who just saw it recently or didnt know about it till the crappy video game came out.
July 1, 2006 @ 06:22 PM

Inactive

that movie is just the shit! i love it!
July 1, 2006 @ 06:55 PM
slim

if you don't already know...
then DON'T TRIP...
July 2, 2006 @ 07:19 AM

Inactive

Waaaaaaariors come out and plaaaaaayyyyy
July 2, 2006 @ 12:34 PM
jwill

theyre gonna remake this one
July 2, 2006 @ 03:40 PM
EekaMouse

i dig it for its history. can you dig it, SUCKAAAAAAAAA?!?!
July 2, 2006 @ 04:14 PM

Inactive

a 100 foot long, 30 foot high scaffolding poster that only contruction companies can get LOL.

How or where in the hell would you store something like that, or is it draped over your house or something?
July 7, 2006 @ 05:26 PM
apathy anomaly

yeah this movie means a lot to the older gen.
you guys might want to see "80 blocks from tiffanies"
its a documentary about the gangs in Bronx NY around the same time. The savage skulls...
really tight documentary.
watch it if you can find it
July 7, 2006 @ 05:27 PM

Inactive

yeah this movie means a lot to the older gen.
you guys might want to see "80 blocks from tiffanies"
its a documentary about the gangs in Bronx NY around the same time. The savage skulls...
really tight documentary.
watch it if you can find it

Mighty Healthy made a shirt about that.
July 13, 2006 @ 10:02 PM

Inactive

i've only played the game
July 15, 2006 @ 03:41 PM
zeon33

whats so great about this movie. i watche dit the other day for the first time and thought it was kind of boring.

man i cant believe noone talks about the true meaning of this movie.

its suppose to be a parallel story.
the warriors going back to their territory is like the roman warriors going back to there homeland.
so its like modern version of some soldier going back to there homeland.

the director of the movie loosely story off of Anabasis, where greek mercernaries get trapped in persia.

while the book is very very different, the author based it off parts of homers Odyssey (i think).
i remember the warriors in the book all being black, unlike the movie.
i've read some of book...until i had to borrow it which never returned...
July 15, 2006 @ 06:33 PM

Inactive

The book was a lot more gruesome/nasty wasn't it? Didn't they rape that girl in the book?
July 15, 2006 @ 10:01 PM
harrysax

i didn't know they had a book
July 31, 2006 @ 06:03 AM
zeon33

The book was a lot more gruesome/nasty wasn't it? Didn't they rape that girl in the book?

yeah didnt read it, but my friend told me they rape a girl on top of a corpse....

yeah the warriors are gruesome.
July 31, 2006 @ 06:25 PM
means

I know this has been mentioned before but the movie is a somewhat true to life view of NY during the time. Gangs ran everything north of-don't quote me here-92nd Street and at the time were seemingly the only way for the youth to survive in the Burnt-down-Bronx. If anyone ever read Can't Stop Won't Stop they'd know what I'm talking about. Those were some seriously fucked up times in Uptown New York. Shit, some of the major gangs from that era still are in existence today. Example being the Savage Samurais, the Zulu Nation (yeah, Africa Bambataa really was a gang member and war chief of a major NYC gang) and the Devil’s Rebels.

Helgen, does your pop have anything from his time with the skulls? Was he a baby skull or a full fledged Savage Skull?
August 2, 2006 @ 12:58 AM
B.Hicks

the warriors is epic.

thread closed
August 2, 2006 @ 02:53 PM
Facts

How can you hate on the warriors? What an ill story about gang violence and having to face some crazy shit to make it through the night.

Please login first to reply.