Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 7, 2008 @ 05:06 AM
Subsistence.

Didn't see a thread about this before so here goes.

Anyone seen or watch Skins on this board?

It's a British drama about teens and their friendships, sex lives, school, parents and involvements with drugs and alcohol, pretty funny and I'd highly recommend it, full of very good and likable characters too.

It's full on which is what I guess drew me into it, not like your usual watered-down teen drama.
July 7, 2008 @ 05:42 AM
np2fast

Just saw an episode about two weeks ago when they went to the beach.

Not that great but addicting cause you're waiting to see some tits but it never happens sad
July 7, 2008 @ 06:24 AM
Subsistence.

lol that's what I was thinking when I watched that episode too.
July 7, 2008 @ 08:42 AM
Subsistence.

Supposedly Season 3 is the start of a next generation with Effy as the lead character.
July 7, 2008 @ 05:21 PM
pnsho

Where can I watch this online?
July 7, 2008 @ 09:46 PM
Subsistence.

Your best bet is through torrents, last I checked though you could watch this through iTunes on their website.
July 8, 2008 @ 04:56 PM

Inactive

The show is weak

The slang is so off aswell, lol. Who speaks like that?
July 9, 2008 @ 10:22 PM
Neeno

It's orite, its supposed to be an extreme version of youths today but its quite far from reality lol
August 14, 2008 @ 08:11 PM
daphne1

Hey what's up? It's cool to see some Skins fans on this forum... I work for BBC America and wanted to make sure everyone knows what's going on with the series here in the US. I tried to contact the Admin and Hunter about sharing some Skins media with you, but never got a response, so hope this is cool.

The UK series will fiiiiinally be making it's way over to BBC America this Sunday at 9pm/8c! So for those who haven't seen it, the series premiere is here! And I have to say in contrast to Neeno, the show actually does reflect reality moreso than other teen shows in my opinion, in fact, it was a pretty close recreation of my teen years, haha... ^_^

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Get familiar with the cast through character bio's on the official site (bbcamerica.com/skins) and watch interviews and trailers on the youtube page (www.youtube.com/skinsbbcamerica)... Also, some fun pics of the cast + avatar and wallpaper on the Flickr page (flickr.com/photos/29473297@N02/)

I figured some hypebeast viewers would like to get some of this stuff for whatever reason... your social network page, your blog, etc. Sooo go for it! smile

Daphne Mays
Skins Ambassador
[email]daphnemays@gmail.com[/email]
August 15, 2008 @ 07:31 PM
A BreYthing Ape

The show is weak

The slang is so off aswell, lol. Who speaks like that?

real talk fuck this nu rave middle class fuckers. Skins is fucking swag,
but i was upset when tony got run over and became a fucking retard.
August 16, 2008 @ 04:29 PM

Inactive

Hey what's up? It's cool to see some Skins fans on this forum... I work for BBC America and wanted to make sure everyone knows what's going on with the series here in the US. I tried to contact the Admin and Hunter about sharing some Skins media with you, but never got a response, so hope this is cool.

The UK series will fiiiiinally be making it's way over to BBC America this Sunday at 9pm/8c! So for those who haven't seen it, the series premiere is here! And I have to say in contrast to Neeno, the show actually does reflect reality moreso than other teen shows in my opinion, in fact, it was a pretty close recreation of my teen years, haha... ^_^

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Get familiar with the cast through character bio's on the official site (bbcamerica.com/skins) and watch interviews and trailers on the youtube page (www.youtube.com/skinsbbcamerica)... Also, some fun pics of the cast + avatar and wallpaper on the Flickr page (flickr.com/photos/29473297@N02/)

I figured some hypebeast viewers would like to get some of this stuff for whatever reason... your social network page, your blog, etc. Sooo go for it! smile

Daphne Mays
Skins Ambassador
[email]daphnemays@gmail.com[/email]

guys, watch the show and make your mind up for yourself but don't believe this crappy PR line about it being close to this person's teen years. If that was true then he/she would either be on the UK version of Jerry Springer by now or a certified monged out flesh bag. Middle class wannabee controversial bullshit.
August 18, 2008 @ 01:23 PM
daphne1

Haha I was just trying to be funny hence the "^_^" I'll head out if I'm not wanted, just saw someone here had an interest in the show and wanted to discuss it, share some vids and pics, etc. with fans.
August 18, 2008 @ 01:52 PM
mr.orange

Haha I was just trying to be funny hence the "^_^" I'll head out if I'm not wanted, just saw someone here had an interest in the show and wanted to discuss it, share some vids and pics, etc. with fans.

Your description was pretty shite.

Basically, its a load of monged out sixth formers all shagging each other and sometimes teachers. It's actually pretty good, it was better when Tony wasn't a tard who couldnt get a hard-on. Kenneth needed a bigger role 'cause when he actually spoke he was fuckin funny.

Series 3 is likely to be weak 'cause Effy was like Michelle except shes more nuckin futs. Thye're gonna need som good actors to replace the ones that have left and some new (and better) storylines.
August 21, 2008 @ 03:30 PM
daphne1

...thanks for the compliment, lol.

Anywho, I'm not sure what season 3 has in store. As for the US version, they just premiered the first two episodes of the first season, so we're not quite there yet.

Are any of you on Twitter? You can follow Skins there and participate live episode discussions or just say what's up: http://twitter.com/skinsbbcamerica
January 22, 2009 @ 07:17 PM
J.Huron

real talk fuck this nu rave middle class fuckers. but i was upset when tony got run over and became a fucking retard.

Real talk. What gives me jokes is how they all live in bristol and all have different accents.
Also- fuck nu rave and everyone rocking cheap kanye shades.
Season 3 looks hella weak. Not gonna waste my time, killed off only good character.
/rant.
January 22, 2009 @ 07:48 PM
DonnaPop1

Skins DVD out now- Post your favorite quote!
Greetings, all! :D My name is Donna and I
January 22, 2009 @ 07:52 PM
elusion

series 1 > series 2 > series 3.
January 22, 2009 @ 08:17 PM
Virunga

1 2 was the shit i don't think 3 will live up and Anwar made it to the big screen and is going to the Golden Globes and the Oscars and shit. Surprised me.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

January 23, 2009 @ 01:37 PM
DonnaPop1

Season 3 just premiered yesterday!!! I thought it was fresh and the characters were all really amusing and witty. I especially liked J.J he is like a blend of Sid and Tony. Cook, he'll have to grow on me :D

Anwar (Dev Patel) did make it big, he'll be the first of many to become successful from Skins smile I was just watching his video diary on the dvd the other night actually...it is hilarious! He seems like quite the playa, playa! Check him out in this pic...

...great face expression, yeah? smile
January 30, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
DonnaPop1

Hey guys! smile Check out Tony's video diary, it's online at the BBC America Shop. You can check it out here

Cheers, enjoy! :D
January 31, 2009 @ 06:12 PM
mr.orange

series 3 is fuckin shite

i hate that cook ***** hes unrealistic as fuck, shit liek this doesnt even happen
February 1, 2009 @ 10:23 AM

Inactive

the whole program is ridiculous, even for a tv show.
February 1, 2009 @ 10:35 AM
Cazemm

series 3 is fuckin shite

i hate that cook ***** hes unrealistic as fuck, shit liek this doesnt even happen

It does in Scotland... He's just a Glaswegian ned with a different accent.

Series 3 is shit.
February 4, 2009 @ 05:07 PM
DonnaPop1

Congrats to the Skins cast on their GLAAD award nomination for Best Comedic Series!!! :D Skins is competing against Desperate Housewives, Reaper, Greek and Ugly Betty. Skins is totally gonna take it! We'll find out who the true winner is on April 18th.

So it seems like fans aren't too fond of Season 3 (I haven't seen it yet because I'm in the states) so I pose this question...if the original cast returned for a third season, what would you expect to see? The first thing that came to my mind, was Sid and Cassie...they need to resolve their problems and get back together. I mean c'mon they're in NYC its bound to happen! Sid going to New York for her tops the romantic boyfriend list, at least for me! smile What does everyone else think?
February 4, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
imcumming

series 3 is fuckin shite

IA Pandora, Naomi and the lesbian twin are the only okay people in season 3. Freddie is HOT but his character is the most boring. They should have kept the original cast.
February 4, 2009 @ 10:53 PM
J.Huron

..if the original cast returned for a third season, what would you expect to see? The first thing that came to my mind, was Sid and Cassie...they need to resolve their problems and get back together. I mean c'mon they're in NYC its bound to happen! Sid going to New York for her tops the romantic boyfriend list, at least for me! smile What does everyone else think?

No offence, but Cassie should've been written off after the first episode with her in.

I get that it's your job to post on forums and stuff Donnapop1 to advertise Skins etc etc, but i dunno if your shameless plugging is quite appriciated here.
Like if you wanted to have a chinwag about Skins I guess you'd open up an account and mingle in other threads and not talk about the DVD release and all.
But i get it's your job so i'm not hating, i'm just saying don't expect tons of people to be putting their ideas into this thread.
I'm quite surprised the mods have kept your posts to be honest.
February 6, 2009 @ 03:21 PM
DonnaPop1

I wonder what I'm gonna think about season 3 (when it airs in a few months here in the U.S)...the new cast has a lot to live up too especially since fans developed an initial connection with the original cast. But I know that Effy is one of the female leads in the new season, which is good, at least there is someone people can somewhat connect with at first. I hope Tony makes an appearance, too. Maybe he'll hook up with one or two or maybe all of the new cast hahaha. ;) Yay or nay on the new cast?
February 7, 2009 @ 05:04 AM
Scotiax

Season 3 is SHIT!

Season 1 was a fresh bit of television at the time.
and it is meant to be about the extremes of teenage life.
so no hate.

also i would say Cook is the only believable character, I've met people like him before. (mostly Glaswegian)

As the guy said above just a ned.

either way season 3 is shit.
August 9, 2010 @ 02:12 AM
moneybags

old thread but bringing it up again, anyone else seen this? i watched season 1 and 2 and shit's pretty good. season 3 sucks imo; too unrealistic, and it seems like the characters try too hard
December 10, 2010 @ 11:24 PM
Stilo

Bump. The homie just got netflix so I've been watching this, it's pretty interesting. When I get the time I'm going to finish off whatever season it is that I started.

Please login first to reply.