FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
September 3, 2012 @ 05:18 AM
jaded

I can't even imagine how this is going to play out.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 3, 2012 @ 05:41 AM
slytendencies

I'm playing it over and over in my mind and there's no way Walt can talk his way out of this one.
September 3, 2012 @ 05:43 AM
Shammgod

Loved that jail scene. Was Jesse planning on killing himself before Walt came? Or was that gun for defending himself against Walt just incase?
September 3, 2012 @ 05:46 AM
jaded

He thought Walter was there to kill him.

September 3, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
goldANDsacks

Loved that jail scene. Was Jesse planning on killing himself before Walt came? Or was that gun for defending himself against Walt just incase?

i think it was for protection. i watched the scene again. walt knocks, jesse looks out the window, walks off camera (to get the gun), then answers the door.
September 3, 2012 @ 06:03 AM
goldANDsacks

i dunno about that ending though.... i can't believe walt, who's been so careful with everything up until now, would just leave a book with gail's message lying around.
September 3, 2012 @ 06:06 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

lol this whole season walt has been careless he has a death wish mang

who else was holding their breath for basically that whole second to last scene at the pool?
September 3, 2012 @ 06:09 AM
jaded

September 3, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
jaded

Damn these guys on Reddit find everything:

"Learn to take yes for an answer." - Mike, S04E02
"Learn to take yes for an answer." - Walt, S05E08

"We're gonna make a lot of money together." - Tuco, S01E07
"We're gonna make a lot of money together." - Lydia, S05E08

September 3, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

yeah i caught that first one. mike to walt in the bar. there were a lot of callbacks like that painting and the towel dispenser.

it's weird the show is gonna have 3 episodes that seem like finales. last season's, tonight's, and next year's. that whole episode was like the movin on up type montage you get in these rise and fall movies.

also gale is a fucking idiot lmao.

September 3, 2012 @ 06:24 AM
jaded

Yeah the painting was in Walter's hospital room after the "fugue state"

September 3, 2012 @ 06:34 AM
jaded

September 3, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
Sam

Well Walt finally decides to call it quits and Hank finds out.. don't think he would of stayed off the grid for too long anyways..
September 3, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
MrImFukNSleepN

Prison scene was hilarious.

Walt had a damn good run.
September 3, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
jaded

I thought it was kind of strange that Hank would go to the master bedroom to take a dump. As a guest, wouldn't you go to the bathroom in the hall?

I also think it's entirely possible that Walt had no idea that message from Gale was even in there. It could've just been something that Walt had that he never really paid attention to.

If Lydia didn't have that Czech Republic idea, I think her life was over at that table.

September 3, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
jaded

September 3, 2012 @ 08:23 AM
╒rozzy

It was so refreshing to see Walt like that with his family. So sad...

Great way to end this half of the season though.

September 3, 2012 @ 09:38 AM
KwanzaJuice

thats a good one bro gale fucked up walt need to bring em back to life and kill him again

"if God made somthin bretter than pussy he keepin it fo himself" - Mike Tyson

September 3, 2012 @ 10:37 AM
powerball

it'd be tough for hank to trace the money because walt dealt strictly in cash. walt's gonna have to kill hank
September 3, 2012 @ 10:44 AM
&bullshit

the name of the episode is the title of a walt whitman poem that reads
Gliding Over All
GLIDING o'er all, through all,
Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul--not life alone,
Death, many deaths I'll sing.

might be referencing the painting that has popped up 3 times already and Walt recognizes while in the room with todd's uncle

maybe that's why we see Walt alone on his 52nd birthday??

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

September 3, 2012 @ 02:14 PM
goldANDsacks

I thought it was kind of strange that Hank would go to the master bedroom to take a dump. As a guest, wouldn't you go to the bathroom in the hall?

I also think it's entirely possible that Walt had no idea that message from Gale was even in there. It could've just been something that Walt had that he never really paid attention to.

If Lydia didn't have that Czech Republic idea, I think her life was over at that table.

Yeah, he was gonna poison her with the ricin.

"what, do you think I'm just going to get the names then kill you, here, in front of all these people?".... Exactly.

Now the ricin has Hank's name all over it.
September 3, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
goldANDsacks

lol this whole season walt has been careless he has a death wish mang

who else was holding their breath for basically that whole second to last scene at the pool?

i dunno.... walt's been making some questionable decisions, but he has not been careless. he's still been thinking everything through (except shooting mike... maybe - seems like he always had that plan in his back pocket)

that's possible. i'll go with that i guess. it just seems that after Gale died (at that point in the story), Walt would have gotten rid of anything/everything linked back to him.

there was that one scene in the first episode of the season when walts cleaning up. he sits down to have a drink, then realizes he forgot to get rid of the Lilly of the valley plant. i guess this shows that things can slip his mind momentarily?.... but he still realized it and cleaned it up.
September 3, 2012 @ 03:25 PM
Zé Pequeno

Gale Boetticher: "I won."

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

September 3, 2012 @ 04:55 PM
ReZ

Certain Walt's cancer is back. After the MRI you see the aftermath of him punching the towel dispenser in frustration, getting out of the game to refocus on the fam. This might be a bit of the stretch, but the appearance of the fly at the beginning of the episode may have been a reference to the bottle episode in season 3 where Walt references seeing a fly as he nears the end of his life, which is further emphasized by the camera focusing on the fly chart.
September 3, 2012 @ 05:31 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

one thing i didn't like about the episode: showing hank flash back to that convo last season about the book. the note in the book and hank's face was enough. even last season showing us the lily of the valley was too much i thought. you know it's walt when he takes that sigh of relief after jesse leaves and he knows brock is okay.

i wish the show trusted its viewers more.
September 3, 2012 @ 05:50 PM
jaded

Certain Walt's cancer is back. After the MRI you see the aftermath of him punching the towel dispenser in frustration, getting out of the game to refocus on the fam. This might be a bit of the stretch, but the appearance of the fly at the beginning of the episode may have been a reference to the bottle episode in season 3 where Walt references seeing a fly as he nears the end of his life, which is further emphasized by the camera focusing on the fly chart.

Walter punched that towel dispenser in season 2 when his oncologist told him and his family that his tumor had shrunk by 80%. He goes to the bathroom afterwards to wash his face and hands, then punches the towel dispenser. He sees in last night's episode that they haven't replaced it.

September 3, 2012 @ 06:22 PM
tmwtg

Are you guys also thinking about what Hank will do?

1.) He could go after Walt, exposing himself to the ridicule of everybody around him. He essentially got played by his own fam and his career will be forever tainted.
2.) Or he wouldn't risk his career. After all, he hates not working.
September 3, 2012 @ 06:43 PM
jaded

Are you guys also thinking about what Hank will do?

1.) He could go after Walt, exposing himself to the ridicule of everybody around him. He essentially got played by his own fam and his career will be forever tainted.
2.) Or he wouldn't risk his career. After all, he hates not working.

I think he'll walk back out there like nothing happened and figure out what his next move is. I think that scene in the backyard last night is probably the last time we'll see them all together.

September 3, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
kmas

Ive seen a couple different takes on how it will end next season one of them being W.W. being Walter White or Walt Whitman. Walt Whitman died of a lung disease possibly hinting at Walt's cancer returning and from the opening scene of season 5 where Walt is on the run he is sick again.

Another idea was the painting that Walt keeps seeing is of a man being sent off to sea and a woman with two kids wing goodbye to him. This was possibly foreshadowing of Walt having to leave his family to go on the run from the DEA.

Also there was an interesting idea about the color pink representing death http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/08/breaking-bad-allusions/3/
September 3, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
chief

lol before i watched this episode my dad texted me "crystal blue persuasion by tommy james and the shondells" in reference to the episode. that was a fucking awesome scene.

god i love this show

•••

Please login first to reply.