June 23, 2012 @ 07:28 PM
falcon0

It pisses me off that they are only doing half the season this year. I've waited all this time and now I have to wait another year? Cmon. With all the time though it better be amazing.
June 23, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
Homes

I was actually just thinking the other day about how annoying the female characters in the show are. Like to the point that it's sexist. Like skylar and marie both are generally portrayed as nagging bitches who are just trying to break into their husbands' "big boy business" (marie trying to help with hanks recovery and anxiety, skylar trying to get involved in walters drug business). Jesse's gf was the most favorably portrayed and she died of a heroin overdose. I don't think there's a single positively portrayed woman character on the show.
June 23, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

lol forreal it's not a very feminist show. there's that bechdel test about how many female characters there are/if they talk to each other/if they're talking about something other than a man - this show would fail the shit out of that.

but then the show is really focused on a few characters. it's not like the sopranos or the wire where you get main characters that never have scenes together. it would be more well-rounded if one of the few main characters was an independent woman tho.
June 24, 2012 @ 05:31 AM
ReZ

June 24, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
JStorm803

Jesse's other gf isn't bad.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

June 24, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
chief

thats why i didnt include her in my list lol

•••

June 26, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
PlatinumRespect

6 new photos released from ep 1 of the new season cool

June 26, 2012 @ 02:27 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

mother of god cool
June 26, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
chief

cool cool cool cool cool

•••

June 27, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
jarvis

fuck i'm excited coolcoolcool

edit* i just realized everyones bald

www.ronindivision.com

June 27, 2012 @ 06:37 PM
ReZ

June 28, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
JStorm803

Mike's back!

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

June 28, 2012 @ 09:26 PM
jaded

I had a feeling he would be cool

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

June 30, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
Homes

I read an article the other day that the reason the season 4 finale was so "complete" was because they weren't sure if they'd get funding for a fifth season, which I didn't know before. Hopefully the fifth season is still good, sounds like it'll be the first that they didn't already have like an established story arc for. After season 4 the expectations are going to be ridiculously high
July 1, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
ReZ

the whole cast is gonna be at comic con for the first and last time this month!
July 1, 2012 @ 04:50 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

i read they're gonna screen the premiere at comic-con, you go don't you rez?
July 1, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
Mikeyone4life

I read an article the other day that the reason the season 4 finale was so "complete" was because they weren't sure if they'd get funding for a fifth season, which I didn't know before. Hopefully the fifth season is still good, sounds like it'll be the first that they didn't already have like an established story arc for. After season 4 the expectations are going to be ridiculously high

Season 4 could have been the end of the series tbh. I've been thinking to myself how everything is gonna end.
July 1, 2012 @ 11:33 AM
bigmac

Same. I assume the two main plots will be Hank getting closer and closer to Walt and ultimately Walt getting out of the game (probably in the second half of the final season). Either way, I don't think I've ever been this gassed for a series to return.

badbitchesandart.tumblr.com

July 1, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
PlatinumRespect

lol check out the new pic.

July 1, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
chief

Same. I assume the two main plots will be Hank getting closer and closer to Walt and ultimately Walt getting out of the game (probably in the second half of the final season). Either way, I don't think I've ever been this gassed for a series to return.

I think it's pretty obvious that Hank will find out Walt is Heisenberg by the end of the series. At least I hope so

•••

July 1, 2012 @ 11:33 PM
Homes

Yeah, I wonder if they'll go the route of having the end of the show be Walt's downfall. If so, just specualation, but I'm calling it that they'll have him either get shot or kill himself in a way that fucks up his eye (like the pink teddy bear and gus).

But they don't always go the predictable route so I could also see them having the season finale show him like 10 years later as a drug kingpin who is as ruthless as the cartels and has no morals anymore
July 2, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
chief

lol there's actually so many routes they could take since the 5th season really has no set up whatsoever

•••

July 2, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
Mikeyone4life

I feel like the lung cancer thing is going to come back. It was such a huge part of the plot in season 1 and 2 and now it kinda is just irrelevant.
July 2, 2012 @ 02:41 AM
The Fiasco

I feel like the lung cancer thing is going to come back. It was such a huge part of the plot in season 1 and 2 and now it kinda is just irrelevant.

i agree. he was in remission but now I feel like it is definitely going to comeback bc that would bring the series full circle.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

July 2, 2012 @ 07:38 PM
╒rozzy

Ted = Fuck bitches Get money

July 5, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
PlatinumRespect

July 5, 2012 @ 07:33 AM
chief

when i saw that for the first time i thought they were going to kill off relevant individuals to the story line. but i realized the two body bags were probably from the plane crash as Walt even said debris and bodies rained on to his home where his family is (when he got pulled over for having a fucked up windshield).

I don't mean to put down your theories but i feel the (potential? ) deaths of Walt and Jesse would be more significant than just taking place outside of Walt's home, even if they showed two bodies under blankets without fully explaining what or who they were (like I said I think it just goes without saying they were bodies from the plane collision)

EDIT: ^^holy shit at that sneak peak cool cool

•••

July 6, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
goldANDsacks

i dont think this show is going to introduce another villain for walt to fight. its gonna be walt vs hank. you could see walt's expression on that clip that he was annoyed that hank was getting his son's respect when walt was really the one who really took out gus. thats why i love this show.
July 7, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
Homes

I don't think its that far-fetched. I think it will be Hank vs Walt but also Walt vs. whoever Gus was still connected to in South America (whoever saved Gus from Don Eladio). I don't think they'd bring up something that big without delving into it more this season. With this season split into two halves that are a whole year apart, it will feel like a villain that stretches over 2 seasons (like tuco, the twins, etc).

Also, does anyone remember ever seeing Gus' "American" family? I remember he talked about his kids or something when he had Walt over for dinner that one time. But I don't think we ever saw them. I wonder if that'll come into play
July 7, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
chief

I'm really glad they didn't give any background on Gus while he was still living. Generally you start to understand the characters and why they act the way they do in the present on the show and this gives you an opportunity to rationalize their motives. The villain flashbacks sort of add a human element behind it because you can sort of understand why they do the things they do.

Gus on the other hand at face value appears to be a calm, calculated small business owner with a big hand in the drug trade, with really no substance behind that. I feel like this presents sort of a wild card in Gus' portrayal because you don't really know what his motives are at this point. Over the course of time you see Gus evolve into a monster, not knowing what he's going to do next and making blasphemous decisions without really revealing what is fueling those decisions.

Like I said I'm glad they gave hardly any information on Gus' background during the 4th season to really keep the true character hidden from viewers (for awhile at least). But now that he's dead I feel like the 5th season gives the writers a perfect opportunity to show us what or who shaped Gus into the person he was.

•••

Please login first to reply.