Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 2, 2011 @ 10:42 PM
JStorm803

Spider senses.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

October 2, 2011 @ 10:59 PM
jaded

bullshit. Gus would have never suspected his car was ridged.bullshit

I think he's smart enough to realize when he's being set-up.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

October 2, 2011 @ 11:09 PM
rocka

I think he's smart enough to realize when he's being set-up.

lol I gotta call bullshit. he probably saw it 1000 times but at a hospital parking garage?

If he got a vibe from his car then he has to know Jesse set him up in the next episode. No way a rival cartel member would know he was going to a hospital.
October 2, 2011 @ 11:23 PM
no0 v.2.0

wtf lol. ending was bullshit.
October 2, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
jaded

lol I gotta call bullshit. he probably saw it 1000 times but at a hospital parking garage?

If he got a vibe from his car then he has to know Jesse set him up in the next episode. No way a rival cartel member would know he was going to a hospital.

Jesse demanding that Gus go down there himself and Jesse telling Gus that doctors think Brock was poisoned was probably enough to make him suspicious. Plus, knowing Gus, someone in his crew probably saw Jesse go to Walters house.

I don't think it's that far fetched for Gus to not get in his car after realizing that something was suspicious and also that he had left his car completely unattended, which isn't normal. Usually Tyrus is in a separate car and stays outside.

Gus realizes that Walter is still out there, and that Jesse won't work if Walter is hurt, so Gus has to be cautious of Walter now. I don't think the scene was meant to imply that Gus knew for sure a bomb was rigged to his car, I just think that Gus is extremely cautious as it is, and he realized after leaving his car completely unattended that he should probably play it safe.

October 3, 2011 @ 12:15 AM
Spankbank

That was such an iffy ending...next week is the last episode of the season. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk sad

Spider senses.

EDIT:
On a tangent...

hahaha
October 3, 2011 @ 12:42 AM
TheAbstrakt

did gus actually see walt?

also dat Walt x Jessie collab cool
October 3, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
jaded

did gus actually see walt?

also dat Walt x Jessie collab cool

There's no way he could have spotted him, I just think the surroundings made Gus suspicious.

October 3, 2011 @ 12:47 AM
TheAbstrakt

homie just told me he saw the reflection off dudes glasses?

gus is gonna go hard at walt either way haha
October 3, 2011 @ 12:59 AM
JStorm803

Lol Ted?

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

October 3, 2011 @ 12:59 AM
jaded

homie just told me he saw the reflection off dudes glasses?

gus is gonna go hard at walt either way haha

I don't think so, not from that distance. If Walt needed binoculars, then Gus isn't going to be able to spot the top of Walt's head from the distance.

October 3, 2011 @ 01:32 AM
Spankbank

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW921asea2g

I am so fucking hyped for the season finale cool
I can't wait to see why Walt "is the danger," been waiting all fucking season for this haha
October 3, 2011 @ 02:39 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

Lol Ted?

deadddddddddddddddddddddd i told you ♥♥♥♥♥s

also i think jaded is right. the combination of jesse (who obviously played into gus's plan of poisoning brock and went to see walt, and yet walt isn't dead or some abq news would've reported it, so they've teamed up) and the surroundings meaning he could be watched getting into his unprotected car made gus extra cautious.

ending was simultaneously bullshit and "wtf are they gonna do now, you caught gus off-guard last season with gale, he aint gonna let you again"

i see walt is back to his heisenberg ways. making a bomb and shit.
October 3, 2011 @ 02:52 AM
jaded

I thought for sure the Ted situation would be part of this episode, but I guess not. Maybe in the finale Skyler will find out about it, unless Saul's guys got rid of him. They usually don't just leave stuff like that up in the air on this show.

October 3, 2011 @ 03:02 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

maybe next season? also i felt bad for saul cos last episode when walt was preparing to leave saul was trying to say goodbye but walt, as usual, was too self-absorbed to notice/care. same thing happened with jesse, but i love jesse so he can do no wrong.

also did anyone think walt was gonna confess to the jane thing to stop jesse killing him? like a "why would i lie about that if i told you this" kinda thing.

i want someone to kill tyrus. he's cool but like snoop on the wire he's way too smug about nothing in particular.
October 3, 2011 @ 05:39 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

WAIT what if jesse was right? what if walt poisoned brock and lied about it to get jesse back in the team? there's no cure for ricin. only reason i'm not sure is that murdering children is kind of a no-go for the lead of anything. but hmmmmm
October 3, 2011 @ 10:37 AM
OddMenOut

Been holding off on this series for awhile because I assumed I'd get addicted. Well, finally started from the beginning and now there is so much catching up to do. Awesome!

ODDMENOUT | A Standard Apart

October 3, 2011 @ 11:42 AM
jaded

maybe next season? also i felt bad for saul cos last episode when walt was preparing to leave saul was trying to say goodbye but walt, as usual, was too self-absorbed to notice/care. same thing happened with jesse, but i love jesse so he can do no wrong.

also did anyone think walt was gonna confess to the jane thing to stop jesse killing him? like a "why would i lie about that if i told you this" kinda thing.

i want someone to kill tyrus. he's cool but like snoop on the wire he's way too smug about nothing in particular.

The Jane thing didn't even cross my mind. That whole Jane thing sent Jesse into a complete tailspin, so I don't think Walt would bring that up again. I think admitting that he didn't save her when he could have would actually make Jesse shoot him.

I'm starting to think that the final season could end up being an all out war with Jesse and Walt going up against Gus, unless something crazy happens in the finale.

October 3, 2011 @ 12:08 PM
The Fiasco

I feel like it is too late in the series to kill off Gus as there's only one season left so if Gus dies are they just gonna find someone else to sell meth to or will it focus on them running from the dea or Gus or both? Granted there are still 17 episodes left in the series but that's not really enough to start a new arc with a new dealer or some shit.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

October 3, 2011 @ 12:29 PM
Beach2theBay

I don't think Gus poisoned the kid. How could Gus know about the poison? The only time Jesse pulled the poison out was when they were in that trailer but no one saw. I guess Gus could have bugged Jesse but there was never any reference to that. My first thought was that the kid smoked the cigarette but maybe Walt did poison the kid. Gus doing it doesn't make sense to me unless he used the same poison he used to poison the cartel.
October 3, 2011 @ 01:23 PM
jaded

I don't think Gus poisoned the kid. How could Gus know about the poison? The only time Jesse pulled the poison out was when they were in that trailer but no one saw. I guess Gus could have bugged Jesse but there was never any reference to that. My first thought was that the kid smoked the cigarette but maybe Walt did poison the kid. Gus doing it doesn't make sense to me unless he used the same poison he used to poison the cartel.

If Gus did it, he did it with the Ricin from the cigarette, not the poison from Mexico, that's why Jesse is missing the ciagarette. Jesse was in Mexico to see Gus do that, so if Gus was trying to make this look like Walters fault, I don't think he'd use the same poison he used in Mexico.

My initial thought was that the kid stole it form Jesse's pack and smoked it, but I think he's a little young to be doing something like that, plus I think the ricin needs to be ingested. Plus what are the chances that out of a full pack of cigarettes, the kid grabs the one with the ricin in it?

I don't see how Walter could have ever done it. Aside from showing up at Jesse's house for a couple minutes and not even getting inside, he was never around them. Walt's theory that Gus was aware of the cigarette and had Tyrus take it from Jesse's locker in the lab makes more sense to me, but that still leaves how the poison got to the kid up in the air.

It makes more sense to me that someone involved with Gus did it, because I really don't think Walter would do something to a kid. I think that Gus knew about the cigarette, and used it to his advantage because he knew that Walter and Jesse would never expect him to know about it. When the kid gets poisoned and the cigarette is missing, Jesse blames Walter, and finally he'd be okay with Gus getting rid of Walter for good. Walter is the biggest road block in Gus' operation at this point, but Jesse has showed his loyalty to Walter time and time again, so Gus is trying everything he can to break that loyalty.

It's so hard to say with this show, but that's why I love it.

October 3, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
ReZ

Gus assumed the plan to have Jesse kill Walt foiled when Jesse's prolonged anger streak was made evident assuming the kid was poisoned by 'someone' during their meeting. Shouldn't there have been a greater sense of relief if he did go about killing Walt in blinded fury? IMHO Jesse could have been more persuasive if he admitted killing Walt that night, making Gus realize Jesse was playing into his hand and arousing less suspicion.

But then again all of that is moot given Gus' spider-senses.
October 3, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
Beach2theBay

Yeah I guess. It's just so far fetched for Gus to know about the cigarette (unless Jesse's phone was bugged) and to get the ricin to the kid. What did Tyrus dress up like a lunch lady and put it in the kid's food? I guess we'll see. I'm gonna stand by the kid smoking the cigarette for now.
October 3, 2011 @ 02:39 PM
jaded

Some things I pulled from a reddit thread on this episode that are worth considering:

There's still the possibility that both Jesse and Walt's houses are bugged. If they are then Gus would have know about the risen since Walt gave it to Jesse at Jesse's house. They also had their latest confrontation at Walt's house.

Hell, they even showed mike bugging Walt's house in season 2. (or 3 I forget which).

Regarding the kid bumming the loaded cigarette and smoking it: That seems highly implausible, the ricin was in a capsule that wouldn't easily burn. I doubt the kid could have smoked it via the cigarette. Also you can't smoke ricin, it's a peptide and heat would denature it.

How did Gus know something was up with the car? Guess he pieced it together. Jesse hinted that he knew it was Gus, Gus figures that means he's talked to Walter and that the two have hatched a plan. I'd say it's more extreme caution than anything.

as walt said, gus has always been 10 steps ahead. gus just seems like a really smart guy, and he wouldn't have got to that point without knowing when something might be going down. and anyway, what's the harm in being too cautious?

Why the fuck does no one remember that Walt made the Ricin IN THE LAB! Of course Gus could have found out.

Another good conversation from reddit:

Is anyone else terrified that Walt actually DID somehow find a way to poison Brock, just so he could feed Jesse that story? This season is supposed to end with Walt doing something completely amoral and monstrous but I hope that isn't it.

Yep. The way Gus' entire demeanor changed when Jesse mentioned Brock was poisoned sorta tipped me in that direction. He went from being pissed that Jesse wasn't at work and giving no fucks about Brock whatsoever, to much more calm, telling jesse to take some time off. It seemed to me that might be leading Jesse on and allowing him to believe he poisoned Brock, whether he did it or not. So yeah, it's totally possible that walt did it to turn Jesse against Gus and Gus is going wit it for the time being. Could be completely wrong though.

It seems like the whole episode (the whole series) hinges on when walt says to jesse "do you think I'm the kind of man that would poison a child?" This is the question the writers have posed to us with this episode and now we get to stew. Brilliant, truly.

Don't forget that Gus asked Walt the same question after Tomas was killed.

this is a comment that pretty much states the direction i'm leaning toward right now:
Honestly it seems pretty obvious to me that it was, indeed, Gus who lifted the ricin cigarette from Jesse at the lab if anything. Jesse says he put it in a new pack the morning the episode takes place, Walter has been at home awaiting imminent doom all day.

This ties in with how Gus knew that the car was not safe. Had his plan worked, Jesse would have told him that he killed Walter for poisoning Brock. Instead, Jesse said the Doctors said it was poison and yet nothing about Walter. This led Gus to suspect that the two had formed an alliance. This suspicion is warranted by how loyal Jesse has been to Walter despite Gus trying to turn Jesse against Walter.

Hence Gus figures out that Jesse's unwillingness to work was a ploy to get him to the Hospital, where Walter knew he would be. Since Gus now knows about the ricin, he knows Jesse has been trying to kill him with Walt's help.

All in all, this is to support the argument that Walter would never poison a child even for the sake of his own family, who is under DEA protection and is overall safe.

October 3, 2011 @ 03:17 PM
Constellations

jaded pretty much covered all bases lol. great ep. i was shaking during that hospital car scene

\X/

October 3, 2011 @ 04:30 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

wait the more i think about it the more implausible all of this seems. i don't think brock was poisoned. when has the show ever done something like that with no indication beforehand that it's possible? if walt does it, it's out of character. if gus does it, why does he seem tipped off after jesse says "poisoned"?

and for that matter, none of them could have gotten to brock. idk how old he is, but presumable he's either in school for a chunk of the day then he's at home with adults. how could anyone get to him in the timeframe jesse said he had last seen the ricin cigarette in?

if it turns out he was poisoned i'm gonna need a good explanation. also as much as i think ted is dead, there needs to be a moment where that's cleared up. and MIKE! there's a lot to do next week.

and lol @ jesse, even in a super-intense moment still saying "it sounds like rice"
October 3, 2011 @ 05:53 PM
jaded

Well if he wasn't poisoned then why is he in ICU and why did his mom tell Jesse that he's getting worse and worse and the doctors can't explain it?

From what we know from the episode, Jesse has been transferring the cigarette from pack to pack since Walt gave it to him, waiting for a time to use it on Gus. Jesse stated that the morning Brock got sick, he had transferred it to a new pack and cooked at the lab.

Maybe Gus did know about the cigarette, so he had Tyrus take it but poisoned Brock with something else, that way it still looked to Jesse like Walt was behind it, since Jesse is still under the assumption that him and Walt are the only two people who know about it.

October 3, 2011 @ 07:42 PM
Pierre

Man all I know is that ♥♥♥♥♥ tyrus looks gully as fuck. Like everytime they show him on camera he got that crazy smug look. I wouldn't want that dude standing over my shoulder in the lab. Lol at his face when walt saw him driving that forklift in the lab. Dude looked like "yeah son Im certified on forklifts too". Somebody needs to kill him soon. I'm gonna be sad if this is Saul's last season tho
October 3, 2011 @ 08:09 PM
jaded

If Saul asked Jesse to put a good word in for him with Gus, then I have an idea he'll still be around on the show. Though at this point, they don't really need him for much.

October 4, 2011 @ 01:44 AM
ishabella

I've added this into my favorites. The dialogue plus the music is something that puts it all together rather well.

Please login first to reply.