February 27, 2009 @ 09:09 PM

Inactive

has anyone else known of steve outside of abdc? a lot of of the stuff he's done on the show like the flash kicks and other tricks ive seen him do years ago when a couple of my friends were into trickbusting.. id watch his vids and he's been doing some crazy shit!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y1lqwvGcwk
February 27, 2009 @ 09:20 PM
Nover

suprised

Just because BF has one girl that can do a head spin doesn't equate the crews. Just from tonight in the two performances it was obvious that Quest was not only more versatile (they kill every part of the hip hop decathlon) but they were/and have undoubtedly been more athletic. Come one this one is a no brainer "BF can do everything Quest can" ...really? Just from tonight's performances; the elbow flairs D-trix did and the Indian cross back flip by Steve or the kicking backflip thing Steve does none of the those girls can do anything similar to that. And no disrespect to BF they have their strong points but seriously Quest incorporates way way way more difficult stunts into their performances every single week. Where BF shines is their choreo but as far a talent/athleticism I think Quest takes it.

I didnt say BF could do EVERYTHING quest crew could, i said damn near anything. Both crews have there strong points as you already said, Quest Crew is alot more athletic but to say there more talented nah i dont see it, BF choreography is there strong point.

Shane Sparks, that you?

naw not at all, I just like BF but i was disappointed in there last performance not a good way to end the season, but i do think BF has been more consistent as far as killing there routines. So does the title go to the team that killed there last routine or the team that consistently kills and fell short on there last routine??
February 27, 2009 @ 09:34 PM
TStyles

I didnt say BF could do EVERYTHING quest crew could, i said damn near anything. Both crews have there strong points as you already said, Quest Crew is alot more athletic but to say there more talented nah i dont see it, BF choreography is there strong point.

naw not at all, I just like BF but i was disappointed in there last performance not a good way to end the season, but i do think BF has been more consistent as far as killing there routines. So does the title go to the team that killed there last routine or the team that consistently kills and fell short on there last routine??

so you're saying quest hasn't been killing their routines the whole season??? are we watching the same show?
February 27, 2009 @ 09:47 PM
mixtape_03

i personally think IMHO,, if you take out the gender factor forget about who is a guy/girl etc.

quest crew is the better crew. their routines are more difficult and they have no weakness,, every single one of their members are good. they always dance in sync

to me,, BF are real good. especially if you take into acct that they're girls. but the only routine that stood out to me is the illusion challenge with the ball flying around
February 27, 2009 @ 10:23 PM
TStyles

i personally think IMHO,, if you take out the gender factor forget about who is a guy/girl etc.

quest crew is the better crew. their routines are more difficult and they have no weakness,, every single one of their members are good. they always dance in sync

to me,, BF are real good. especially if you take into acct that they're girls. but the only routine that stood out to me is the illusion challenge with the ball flying around

BF ARE good, but like you said, the better overall dance crew is Quest. BF shouldn't win just because they are an all girl group, that doesn't take anything away from what Quest has/can do, and shouldn't magnify what BF has done either.
February 27, 2009 @ 10:51 PM
QuestNEvrythng

Yea we know what you said we all read it. Even "damn near everything" is grossly exaggerated. There are at least 4-5 things in each performance, every single week, that I see from Quest which I don't think any of the members of BF can do. And when I said more talented I simply meant naturally-talented corresponding to their athleticism, but I do think they're more talented also. You can argue BF is more creative but I definitely think Quest is more talented, versatile, and athletic.
February 28, 2009 @ 12:08 AM
Nover

^ your username said enough, we have a difference of opinion and that's that.
February 28, 2009 @ 12:25 AM
QuestNEvrythng

My username has absolutely nothing to do with it...
It's short for "question everything" a mere motto of mine, it's only abbreviated quest because of the character limit and it was done w/ no correlation, what so ever, to the dance crew. Don't jump to conclusions because you nothing about me.

Regardless you're right a lot of it is a difference in opinion, but it appears as if the consensus, at least on this thread, shares mine. I still think it's ridiculous that you said "BF can do damn near everything Quest can", if they can I haven't seen it yet...
February 28, 2009 @ 12:33 AM
Nover

^ my mistake man, and I'm pretty sure you haven't seen everything quest can do, just like you haven't seen everything BF can do, i bet if i asked you if one of the BF could do a head spin like she did you probably would have said NO, and if i ask you if someone could flip sideways like Quest crew just did you would have probably said NO, so who knows man. Whoever wins good for them I'm not getting anything out of it, maybe you are.
March 1, 2009 @ 10:06 PM
ockword

we'll see what BOTH crew have to bring in the finale.. BUT from seeing the last episode.. quest crew got season 3 on lock.
that last performance from quest was mind blowing from beginning to end.
March 1, 2009 @ 11:24 PM
mixtape_03

we'll see what BOTH crew have to bring in the finale.. BUT from seeing the last episode.. quest crew got season 3 on lock.
that last performance from quest was mind blowing from beginning to end.

i think that latest episode was alrdy their last chance to get votes because once the finale this coming wk shows,, the winner has already been chosen
March 2, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
Lostsoul125

Im a Beat Freak fan but I would have to say that Quest gots this in the bag. BF came a bit soft in there last two shows and Quest put on the afterburners. Congrats to both crews that made it this far. Hope that the after show does them well. Fly Chicks I can see them doing well after the show a few of them got a good look.
peace
CROS1
www.ArmoryHipHop.com

ps. ole boy from Quest Crew gets off on the flips. I cant get over the way the guys over exagerate there smiles and they got good spirit fingers as well HAHAHA....
March 2, 2009 @ 03:52 AM
wikedwun

Man Steve Teradas flip kicks are Amazing, especially that Guile Flash Kick WOW
March 2, 2009 @ 09:32 AM
pnsho

I hate to say it (again), but BF is taking it.

Ever since that rumor about them getting a 'private' audition, I knew they were already winners before I saw them dance on the show.

Quest is gonna do well after the show. More so than probably any of the crew this season.
March 2, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
mixtape_03

I hate to say it (again), but BF is taking it.

Ever since that rumor about them getting a 'private' audition, I knew they were already winners before I saw them dance on the show.

Quest is gonna do well after the show. More so than probably any of the crew this season.

care to elaborate on this "private" audition?

nvr heard of this rumor. . damn this sucks if they get it
March 2, 2009 @ 01:39 PM
Eaton

the probably will win, they wont want 3 consecutive seasons of all male groups

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

March 2, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
pnsho

care to elaborate on this "private" audition?

nvr heard of this rumor. . damn this sucks if they get it

It was posted somewhere in this thread, around the time when season 3 started airing.

It seems legit. I mean, all BF members are constantly working overseas or whatever. To set up a 'private' audition is a bit suspicious as if they already crowned the winner.
March 2, 2009 @ 01:44 PM
Lostsoul125

Private auditions are held for people that know anyone on the show. Being that most of the girls in Beat Freaks have been in the industry I know for a fact that they know most of the choreographers on the show. So thus the private audition. ABDC hit me up to offer up suggestions for any people that needed private auditions but I never hittem back with anyone. But yeah its no biggie. But we'll see if this thing si realy vote based cause on the MTV site you can see that Quest is murdering the online responses. And for the past 2 seasons whoever was winning in that catagory usually ended up winning the whole thing. Quest has like 2 times more responses on there threads then anyone else in teh comp. So you think you can dance really set the tone for them with there fan base so they were ahead from the start. They came through with there performance and backed it up so we'll see. I aint mad if its either or I think BF had a better season and Quest just smashed the past 2 shows and a few others during the course of the season. So this is probably the closest finale of them all...
peace
CROS1
www.ArmoryHipHop.com
March 2, 2009 @ 02:05 PM
AmpliFLY

This show is actually pretty cool

http://prevere.tumblr.com/

March 4, 2009 @ 03:32 PM
smn

SassX7 were similarly invited to audition. Doesn't mean they were predetermined to win. The casting and auditions are clearly rigged, and Beat Freaks definitely benefitted, but the actual competition? I doubt it.
March 4, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
Dear Leader

The casting and auditions are clearly rigged, and Beat Freaks definitely benefitted, but the actual competition? I doubt it.

Randy Jackson, that you?

Anyone can tell the competition is rigged. If it weren't, we would've seen a final 4 of Team Millenia, Quest Crew, Beat Freaks and Boxcuttuhz/Strikers.
March 4, 2009 @ 10:00 PM
femix

Quest holding it down!
Quest flat out handed BF's asses to them on top of a piano.
That signature flip was the cherry on top of it all, vote for Quest.

I had to admit I enjoyed BF's Magic ball performance though it went downhill from there. Stale moves, making a ball float around the room, and standing behind an front of being a first all female b-girl crew doesn't magically make you a great dance crew.

vote for talent, vote for Quest Crew!
March 5, 2009 @ 08:21 AM
smn

Randy Jackson, that you?

Anyone can tell the competition is rigged. If it weren't, we would've seen a final 4 of Team Millenia, Quest Crew, Beat Freaks and Boxcuttuhz/Strikers.

Please. Like RJ would admit that the auditions were rigged.

The fact that results didn't match your personal opinion isn't proof that it's rigged.

What do you mean by "rigged"? Do you mean the entire elimination order up until the winner is predetermined? Or do you mean there is a little producer dabbling here and there?
March 5, 2009 @ 01:50 PM
pnsho

Let's be a little bit realistic here.

The first season ending was rigged with SQ winning more votes than both Jabba/Kaba. They clearly didn't want a West vs West final.

The second season was total bullshit as well. You can honestly sit there and tell me that Super Crew landed in the bottom 2 almost every week when they had some of the best routines the entire season? RJ is the head of this all, and he chooses who he wants to win (most based on marketability). All of MTV's other shows are not 'reality TV.' What makes you think ABDC (an MTV show, first and foremost) is any different?

And the clearest 'rigged' moment in third season is MTV adjusting source code on their site to show that BF is winning votes 58 to Quest's 42. Have a look yourself. It's as if they already had this all planned out. But looking at it all, this whole show is planned. Votes don't matter.

This is coming from a fan of both BF and Quest. As much as we would all like our favorite crew to win, it's been more than obvious that BF is taking it, as I've said too many times in this thread. Shane shows obvious support for BF just because they train with him (a lot) and he has used them in You Got Served etc, not to mention the 'wow' factor that an all-girl crew won ABDC. This is their chance to finally break the mold of the past 2 seasons, and go with the opposite.

And whoever honestly thinks that BF did better than Quest these past 2 performances is kidding themselves. Quest's hip-hop decathlon was Jabba-quality, and I hate to bring it up, but I have to. BF really disappointed me, but to say that they didn't do great this whole season is false.

Sparknotes:

- votes don't matter
- BF is winning
- maryss from bf gives me a boner

PS - Not attacking you, smn, but think about it just once and you'll believe some of it.
March 5, 2009 @ 03:12 PM
smn

Trust me, I've thought of ALL that and discussed about each of those points with other people and on other forums.

the SQ thing definitely raised my suspicions too, but if you think about it there are all kinds of explanations. Status Quo was the only crew that wasn't criticized the week before (Broadway Challenge), they were consistently at the top ever since their hyped soulja boy routine, and they monopolized both the black vote and the raw-street-style vote while Jabba/Kaba split the asian vote and the precise-intricate-style vote. Now before you get on me about this, I'm not saying every black person voted for SQ and every asian voted for Jabba/Kaba...but when you're talking about millions of votes, that does factor in. It's not racism, it's demographics. And speaking of demographics, the type of people who would vote for Status Quo (black people, casual viewers impressed by stunts) are less likely to geek out on facebook, myspace, and message boards than Jabba/Kaba fans, which would explain their apparent lack of internet support compared to the two asian crews.

With a closer look, second season makes sense as well. Super Cr3w landed on the bottom 2 after a very poorly received performance (the speed-up challenge, when they were gold statues), so that isn't suspicious at all. When they leap frogged out of the bottom, it was after they eliminated crews they probably gained votes from--Supreme Soul due to similar appeal, and Fanny Pak due to their obvious support (remember Matt Cady's "vote right" speech? ). Plus, they gradually incorporated more "choreography", which was most people's intial gripe with them.

I agree that Shane appears biased, but how does that prove it's rigged? If anything, suggest the opposite. If there was a big conspiracy, he would be dumb for making it look so suspicious. Rather, it seems like he's trying to sway voters, which would mean the votes count.

I'm all for speculation, but to speak so surely that it's rigged when it's not really conclusive is overboard. It's very appealing and popular to be all suspicious of The Powers That Be, so you gotta be suspicious of yourself, too, because you might be just interpreting everything as a sign of what you already wanted to believe. It's also natural emotional reaction to results that don't match your personal opinion...sometimes you want someone or something to blame.

But I haven't heard of the source code thing...i'd be interested to hear more about that.

I'm totally with you that Quest deserve this win...let's wait and see what happens.

I'm also with you that Maryss is hot.
March 5, 2009 @ 04:33 PM
pnsho

Trust me, I've thought of ALL that and discussed about each of those points with other people and on other forums.

the SQ thing definitely raised my suspicions too, but if you think about it there are all kinds of explanations. Status Quo was the only crew that wasn't criticized the week before (Broadway Challenge), they were consistently at the top ever since their hyped soulja boy routine, and they monopolized both the black vote and the raw-street-style vote while Jabba/Kaba split the asian vote and the precise-intricate-style vote. Now before you get on me about this, I'm not saying every black person voted for SQ and every asian voted for Jabba/Kaba...but when you're talking about millions of votes, that does factor in. It's not racism, it's demographics. And speaking of demographics, the type of people who would vote for Status Quo (black people, casual viewers impressed by stunts) are less likely to geek out on facebook, myspace, and message boards than Jabba/Kaba fans, which would explain their apparent lack of internet support compared to the two asian crews.

True. This is another explanation I also read on some other forums. I agree about the demographics, but I honestly still think that they (MTV) couldn't handle a Kaba vs Jabba final, due to how many common supporters they both have. And about the whole black people voting for SQ (phone votes), I find that a little bit questionable. I've never seen an ounce of support for SQ even from the black people I know and talked to. But I'm speaking on what I saw, and that doesn't include the whole country. All I remember was that Jabba was already highly favored ever since the superman stunt in their Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It routine.

With a closer look, second season makes sense as well. Super Cr3w landed on the bottom 2 after a very poorly received performance (the speed-up challenge, when they were gold statues), so that isn't suspicious at all. When they leap frogged out of the bottom, it was after they eliminated crews they probably gained votes from--Supreme Soul due to similar appeal, and Fanny Pak due to their obvious support (remember Matt Cady's "vote right" speech? ). Plus, they gradually incorporated more "choreography", which was most people's intial gripe with them.

As much as I love Ronnie and have been a huge fan of his stuff + Full Force Crew, I think that Super Crew won based on tricks/stunts. Season 2 was the season where tricks/stunts won over the crowd instead of the previous season, where intricate and fluid choreo (which was also very entertaining and fun to watch, specifically from Kaba and Jabba) was the top factor. Additionally, just as Jabba already won the competition with their superman trick, I think SC won with their Ballin' performance, which was their first major, most memorable performance, imo. Everything after that was them just living up to it, and sticking in there. They had the crowd in their favor, so you can say they had their votes as well. The trouble I had was as much as SC was progressing, Fanny Pak was on their asses every week. Being a TM fan, I thought that TM would knock out FP, who was basically an underdog. Yet they rose up to be top 3. Good shit, you know?

And I agree with you on the Supreme Soul + Fanny Pak support. I forgot to mention that. The 'vote right' line by Cady just supported Lil Mama when she told everybody to vote right because, and correct me if I'm wrong, Supreme Soul and SC were thrown in the bottom 2. I can agree that SS's video of CJ (Pharside) saying that SoReal is fucking wack, really helped SC take it. But looking at it, if votes really do count, wouldn't SoReal's large fanbase vote for them way more than SS + FP + SC fans would? After all, I, as well as many others, was pissed when SS was knocked out way too early (fuck Boogie Bots, yeah I said it).

Bringing up Shane (I'll talk more about him soon), his enormous bias for Super Crew throughout the entire season (maybe not 1-2 episodes) really put the sword in stone, for me personally. I had a gut feeling when he said SoReal was destined to be top 2 (he mentioned this during their Entourage routine), as a placeholder, so to speak. But you can argue (and I know you will, you sly devil, you) that SoReal does have a ridiculous fanbase, which they do. I'm not denying that. I knew deep down the finale was gonna be SC vs SR.

I agree that Shane appears biased, but how does that prove it's rigged? If anything, suggest the opposite. If there was a big conspiracy, he would be dumb for making it look so suspicious. Rather, it seems like he's trying to sway voters, which would mean the votes count.

As I said before, Randy, being main producers, most likely already set it up with his team. I don't think he watches the show at all; at the live auditions in season 2, he walked out, talked some shit about the crews "being hot," and introduced Jabba for their performance. He comes off as fake to me, and I think he doesn't really care about the show as much as he cares about American Idol (let's be honest; they pay him more on FOX).

And about Shane, I said this before (hate bringing it up), but Shane and the judges probably don't have any say in who goes home each week. And I think he is that dumb. The judges, throughout this season, were fucking confused and surprised when he mentioned the line about BF being America's Best Dance Crew. That comes off as a huge spoiler to me.

And whenever the crowd cheers when he says such comments, that means more votes. Or you could argue that BF is already locked in for the finale and potentially the win.

I'm all for speculation, but to speak so surely that it's rigged when it's not really conclusive is overboard. It's very appealing and popular to be all suspicious of The Powers That Be, so you gotta be suspicious of yourself, too, because you might be just interpreting everything as a sign of what you already wanted to believe. It's also natural emotional reaction to results that don't match your personal opinion...sometimes you want someone or something to blame.

I don't think MTV would say 'hey, this show is rigged.' They'd be stupid to show that publicly. But to further prove my point, why does the MTV clause for the show include the line (and I paraphrase), "MTV has the right to change outcome"? Have a look for yourself. It's on the site. Sure, you can say I'm biased; who isn't? But I'm pretty sure in what I say. I've only been wrong once about speculation, and that was about Quest being Kaba'd and the finale being 2 girl crews. Also, the fact that Shane's love for BF right from the very first episode sealed the deal for me. I mentioned it somewhere in this thread, pages back, that BF won it before they even got on.

:: And I'm glad I could go back and forth with you on this topic. Usually when I write huge blocks of text, people agree with me, but it's fun to have a discussion, which is somewhat lacking in this thread. Good shit.
March 5, 2009 @ 07:03 PM
killerbee

too much seriousnessism + analyzation going on here...
March 5, 2009 @ 07:43 PM
jayrolled

as for me.. if bf wins, i wont make a big deal out of it. they'll be the first girl group to win abdc, woopdy doo. but im getting a feeling that quest will still be on top ... like american idol with Ruben studdard and clay aiken. ruben won but clay aiken had more fans. WTF idk why im comparing this shit to AI!

but out of all the seasons.. jabbawockeez still on top.

haha and for all you filipinos... do you think if quest wins, they'll be all over TFC. but if beatfreaks win... they wont even tell the world!??! LOL
March 5, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
SumLite

lol TFC?
is quest crew not spanish and like, viet japanese and other? lol
March 5, 2009 @ 09:24 PM
Domo

Wow...it is JUST a tv show...no need to write a paper on it.

Oh, and Quest Crew won.

Please login first to reply.