Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 11, 2008 @ 01:46 AM
Buttsecks

^^^ sounds interesting... i just got up on the wire like 3 months ago... watched all the seasons and finished tonight...

what a great show... displaying all that is fraud from top to bottom...just wondering has this show ever one an emmy... cause everyone knows it needs to.

too many black ppl sorry....

its sad, but true
March 11, 2008 @ 11:57 AM
Drebrooklyn

yeah pretty much it's ashame that these emmy assholes never really recognized how good this show was. it.4 like they dismissed it. maybe it was to real for them or some shit...i never understood how they could nominate the sopranos like every year and forget about the wire...you're telling that all these years on tv, being so talked about and critically acclaimed and not being nominated prety much never? something aint right.
March 14, 2008 @ 04:53 PM
todrunk2walk

the finale i thought was reall good
March 15, 2008 @ 12:08 AM
bmorekicks

The show has won a Emmy but never in a major category like best drama or whatever. I saw something where the actor who played Bubbles joked about Emmy's giving the show one just so people couldn't say they never won one anymore.

www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=15437

Citypaper article on David Simon...he talked about topics he wish he could have covered and criticism of the show, among other things...good read
May 23, 2011 @ 12:42 PM
mowgli

with summer just a couple weeks away for me, think its time to break out the boxset and watch all the episodes again. love this show to death.
June 2, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
buddhamonk

i moved and completely misplaced my boxset. I need to watch again! Best. show. ever. bar. none.
June 2, 2011 @ 08:28 PM
mowgli

you come at the king, you best not misplace your dvds.
June 5, 2011 @ 03:13 PM
Ducis

What an amazing show! just finished watching all 5 seasons and i loved the fact that each one dealt with a different facet of the city. The ending was on point too. Hated how Omar went out but it also makes sense.
June 5, 2011 @ 03:43 PM
mowgli

i'll be honest, the second season got me upset the way they just focused on the docks primarily. almost made me want to stop but as the episodes went on i found myself more interested.
still my least favorite season though.

and i agree that omar's death wasn't what i was expecting, but it just showed how real the writing was that they weren't catering to their audience. we were interested because of the real story they told, not the one they manufactured for us.

edit: but i wouldn't have been mad if omar got up and became a zombie. i would have accepted it.
June 5, 2011 @ 11:37 PM
Ducis

i'll be honest, the second season got me upset the way they just focused on the docks primarily. almost made me want to stop but as the episodes went on i found myself more interested.
still my least favorite season though.

and i agree that omar's death wasn't what i was expecting, but it just showed how real the writing was that they weren't catering to their audience. we were interested because of the real story they told, not the one they manufactured for us.

edit: but i wouldn't have been mad if omar got up and became a zombie. i would have accepted it.

I just wasn't expecting him to go out like that but from the beginning you knew that little kid was to quote Belly "a live wire ♥♥♥♥♥" the kid just didnt give a shit.

I agree on the Zombie part too. Ha Ha!!
June 15, 2011 @ 05:30 AM
stevedavis

cant find the episodes on nteflix
June 15, 2011 @ 06:24 AM
The Music Man

you come at the king, you best not misplace your dvds.

hah yes!
June 15, 2011 @ 11:43 AM
Diedforoursins

I seriously need to get into this show after I watch Season 3 of Breaking Bad.
June 15, 2011 @ 02:32 PM
lukash

everyone tells me to watch.... should i?
June 15, 2011 @ 03:17 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

nah
June 16, 2011 @ 05:11 AM
snowflake

i didn't liked the show!
June 16, 2011 @ 04:54 PM
mmarcco

Re boy-george
take, boy george...
June 16, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
mmarcco

about boy-george
check, boy george...
June 21, 2011 @ 06:19 AM
incrediblehunk

It was nice. Now just waiting for the coming soon season..
June 21, 2011 @ 05:42 PM
mr mcgibblets

June 21, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
The Music Man

your handle slays me every time i see it #nh
July 7, 2011 @ 01:30 AM
Tiger Woo

Finally finished watching the last episode. For a long time I thought no show could be better than the Sopranos but jesus... the Wire was 100 times better in every way possible. The Sopranos relied too heavily on characters and not enough on story lines. You knew nothing could ever happen to Tony, Melfi or any of the other critical characters. But in the Wire, anyone could die. Like when Kenard popped Omar. That shit was insane. Or when Omar and that nation of islam clown killed Stringer in season 3.

Seasons 3 and 4 are probably the best episodes in all of TV history. So much depth there.

The only two problems I had with the show were all of season two (that was some bullshit) and the homeless killings and the paper plot in season 5.

Best characters:

Snoop,Chris, Michael, Marlow, Omar, Ziggy, Stringer, Avon,Bunk, Weebay, Prop Joe, Senator Davis (Sheeeeiiiiiiiiit).

Worst characters:

Bubbles, Cheese (they should have had Cam'ron play that role instead of Meth. I love Meth but it would have been fucking epic if they cast Killa instead. Think Paid in Full...omg), Daniels, Keema, Carcetti.

The only characters from the Sopranos that could even hold a candle to the Wire's cast are maybe Chrissy, Silvio, Tony of course, and maybe Ralphie.

Best scenes:

-The beginning of season 4 when Snoop walks into the hardware store and buys the nail gun
-Weebay's face after finding out Little Man shot a cop,
-Michael kills snoop
-Kenard Kills Omar
-McNulty has a 3 some with the hookers at the crime scene
-Stringer and Avon on the condo balcony talking about how far they'd come
-D'angelo thinking he's about to get killed at Weebay's house
-when michael dropped his little brother off at his aunt's house (no bitch shit, but I almost fucking cried)
-when Bodie and poot had to kill Wallace
-and every scene where Sen. Davis says "SHEEEEEIIIIIIIT" or Snoop made that Baltimore hood noise (LMAO!)

Fuck I love that show...

For Sale:Supreme SNY New Era (http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/172934/? topic_page=1#post-3530817)

July 7, 2011 @ 01:38 AM
Beach2theBay

Bubbles is a bad character? You fucking TRIPPIN!!!!!!!!!! Bubbles is the heart and soul of the show. A lot of the show was driven by Bubbles being a CI, plus his growth from being a low down drug addict and struggling to get clean was brilliant acting/writing. Damn brah.
July 7, 2011 @ 02:01 AM
SEToverSet

why is season 2 getting so much hate? it had one of my favorite scenes in the entire series:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-j5XWo1fPI
this, and omar robbing marlo's poker game were some of the best scenes ever.
July 7, 2011 @ 04:32 AM
Tiger Woo

Bubbles is a bad character? You fucking TRIPPIN!!!!!!!!!! Bubbles is the heart and soul of the show. A lot of the show was driven by Bubbles being a CI, plus his growth from being a low down drug addict and struggling to get clean was brilliant acting/writing. Damn brah.

He served a purpose in the show, but his story was almost too depressing. I mean think about it, in the course of 5 seasons he thought he cought HIV like 7 times, killed a kid with a hot dose, relapsed 30 times, continuously got the shit beaten out of him, sold white T's in the ghetto and was locked in the basement by his own sister and not allowed to come into the common areas of her house.

That sucks, lol. I couldn't stand him.

And there really wasn't that much brilliance in his character. Apparently it was based off of a real person that David Simon knew who ended up dying in real life during the filming of season 4.

Me not liking him had nothing to do with his acting, because the performance was on point...

For Sale:Supreme SNY New Era (http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/172934/? topic_page=1#post-3530817)

July 7, 2011 @ 12:39 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

even the weakest season of the Wire (season 2) was like exponentially better than most TV

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

July 12, 2011 @ 10:29 AM
13thCollective

best show ever made for tv. Season 5 was good, but season 3 was a masterpiece!!!
July 12, 2011 @ 04:59 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

Finally finished watching the last episode. For a long time I thought no show could be better than the Sopranos but jesus...

i actually felt the opposite, then i watched the sopranos and now i'm not sure
July 13, 2011 @ 09:46 PM
oh baby

i didn't liked the show!

I never got into the wire
July 14, 2011 @ 12:34 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

gonna go ahead and say the sopranos is better than this.

Please login first to reply.