Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 30, 2007 @ 12:46 PM
SSBSTS

Guess I need my ass whipped. In the beginning of this season it was the most apparent. When Tony got shot and Sylvio took over, I thought yes, now we get to see what Syl is made of, see if he can take charge, now he finally becomes a more compelling character. Wrong. In 5 seasons we never see him with any semblance of asthma. All of the sudden he's choking down the inhaler like theres no tomorrow, and 10 minutes in he's down for the count. Weak. Finally a chance to develop his character, and some gimmicky shit like that?

that DID develop syl. it just sounds like it wasnt in the direction you were hoping for.
April 30, 2007 @ 01:07 PM
Iason

Elaborate?
April 30, 2007 @ 01:10 PM
SSBSTS

well, you found out that he couldnt handle pressure for starters.
April 30, 2007 @ 01:16 PM
Iason

I don't agree with that completely, he's a consiglieri, he makes pressure decisions all of the time. The whole thing with not establishing his asthma and his lack of ability to handle pressure in previous seasons was a deus ex machina.
April 30, 2007 @ 01:44 PM
magik

Thought everyone knew last season was something thrown together under preassure from HBO
May 1, 2007 @ 08:34 AM

Inactive

Oh I mean I expected as much.

Its very odd to see people say that a show has had consistent writing and by default go with the "It used to be better early on" I mean that goes with everything from TV shows to authors early work and musicians its almost cliche even if the person saying it is actually saying thier true opinion or is even correct. But I will say this...I think the writing has been consistent on the Sopranos, sure some of the writing was better than the others from episode to episode but definetly isnt the huge disparity like people make it out to be in quality writing. Its in peoples nature to say this partly because early on in the series you see the characters and thier situations and they are new to you...exciting and fresh. After seeing them over and over unles they are juggling while doing back flips they bore you. Its to be expected...but I for one think that the real judgement comes when the series is finally over and people take a step back and view the series as a whole and then say how good or bad it was...as was the case with other television shows that have come and gone...during the time when the episodes actually aired people went "Eh it was better in the begining" and once its finally off the air people worship it.
May 6, 2007 @ 08:59 PM

Inactive

So i think the writers are gonna try and have the audience guessing who or what is finally gonna do Tony in at the end of the season. Last week I thought it was gonna be Bobby after what happened but now this week they lead you to believe something is gonna happen between him and Christopher or the other family. Next week I'm sure it'll be some other character. Also, that writer dude...who wrote Cleaver is gonna die...real soon Im sure.

Holy shit dude.

Substradomous in the building!
May 6, 2007 @ 09:01 PM
Drebrooklyn

this episode was fucking dope
May 6, 2007 @ 09:02 PM

Inactive

Whats the deal with the dry snitching that Tony is doing on the arabian dudes?
May 13, 2007 @ 08:46 PM
Iason

Ho.Lee.Shit.
May 13, 2007 @ 08:55 PM

Inactive

o
h
m
y
f
u
c
k
i
n
g
g
a
w
d
May 14, 2007 @ 03:12 AM
clockwork416

Goooooooooood fuckin episode!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2007 @ 09:49 AM
Drebrooklyn

best fucking episode this season...shit was a shocker
May 16, 2007 @ 05:34 PM

Inactive

With how good this episode was im surprised this threadisnt flooded.
May 16, 2007 @ 06:11 PM
magik

With how good this episode was im surprised this threadisnt flooded.

I know whats coming up, and it feels extremely rushed, which is sad i was hoping for a better end to Sopranos then this.
May 22, 2007 @ 10:42 AM
Drebrooklyn

no comments for the sopranos damn...the episodes are so intense
May 24, 2007 @ 11:38 AM
mafestobb

Whats the deal with the dry snitching that Tony is doing on the arabian dudes?

Something's going to happen with that. They wouldn't even mention it if it wasn't going to play a bigger role eventually. Tony's demise might come from something related to that. Terrorist attack?smile
May 24, 2007 @ 03:18 PM

Inactive

I think they're making Tony worse morally then the audience thought he was. I mean he was always a murderer etc.. But the audience was lead to believe he followed a certain code of loyalty which included not killing his cousinand not snitching no matter what. I think they are softening the blow for him being murdered in the last episode.
May 24, 2007 @ 03:19 PM
magik

I think they're making Tony worse morally then the audience thought he was. I mean he was always a murderer etc.. But the audience was lead to believe he followed a certain code of loyalty which included not killing his cousinand not snitching no matter what. I think they are softening the blow for him being murdered in the last episode.

You can pretty much expect a total annihilation of the entire jersey click.
May 25, 2007 @ 08:43 AM
Drebrooklyn

before tony dies i want that prick phil from brooklyn to get wacked
May 25, 2007 @ 09:00 PM
pomp3o

You can pretty much expect a total annihilation of the entire jersey click.

ehhhhh
I really like silvio...hope nothing to crazy happens...I wanna see NY get fucked up.
May 25, 2007 @ 09:03 PM

Inactive

So why isn't the sopranos or Entourage coming on this sunday?
May 27, 2007 @ 11:36 PM
Flawless

So why isn't the sopranos or Entourage coming on this sunday?

there giving two weeks for the retards who didnt watch this seasons episodes
razz
May 29, 2007 @ 02:26 PM

Inactive

heres a link for anyone trying to catch up on some episodes.

tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/833
June 3, 2007 @ 06:14 AM

Inactive

2nd to last episode tonight.

Predictions?
June 3, 2007 @ 06:32 AM
magik

2nd to last episode tonight.

Predictions?

Bloodbath leading up to the end.
June 3, 2007 @ 06:43 AM

Inactive

I thought that it would be weird not having Sopranos on to watch on Sundays...but truthfully it probably wont be because they go away for so long in thier off season that rather having it on TV is kinda weird lol. I got my old dvds though if I ever feel like watching Tony and the gang again...but I buy all these series dvds and hardly ever watch em.
June 3, 2007 @ 07:01 AM
magik

I thought that it would be weird not having Sopranos on to watch on Sundays...but truthfully it probably wont be because they go away for so long in thier off season that rather having it on TV is kinda weird lol. I got my old dvds though if I ever feel like watching Tony and the gang again...but I buy all these series dvds and hardly ever watch em.

I personally think they are already pushing it, so its good that it finally gets to end, you watch The Wire and The Shield too Sub?, if not then start yesterday.
June 3, 2007 @ 08:07 AM

Inactive

I've been meaning to do that. I've heard good things about both of those shows but it's always something with me catching a series well into thier 4th or 5th season or more. I just dont like to catch TV shows like that cuz then I feel lost. But theres only a few TV shows I watch on TV and Sopranos leaving is gonna leave a gap, so maybe I'll start.
June 3, 2007 @ 08:22 AM
magik

I've been meaning to do that. I've heard good things about both of those shows but it's always something with me catching a series well into thier 4th or 5th season or more. I just dont like to catch TV shows like that cuz then I feel lost. But theres only a few TV shows I watch on TV and Sopranos leaving is gonna leave a gap, so maybe I'll start.

Well, The Shield aint returning for the last season until march 2008, so you have plenty of times to watch the seasons you've missed, dont think The Wire is returning before 08 either so watch it!

Please login first to reply.