September 27, 2010 @ 10:19 PM
NZOO

Really? I don't see how it could have been more obvious. The way trinity killed Rita, exactly the way he killed in the past. When Dexter was about to kill him, he said "it's already over"...Oh and this interview
ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/12/14/dexter-boss-confirms-timeline-goof/

That's speculation^.. I think it was someone who knew how trinity killed his victims.

Don't badmind me.

September 27, 2010 @ 11:50 PM
Jaylib

imo trinity didn't kill rita and quinn about to get fucked up..

interesting theory. i can think of a few reasons of as to why you'd think this, but what's your reasoning?

edit: after watching the whole episode, i couldn't help but smh at how bad dexter is fucking up lol

and

there's a part of me that's telling me that this season will not get close to how good season 4 was. there was a lot more hype/advertising for season 4 (and for good reason), i wish i was that excited about season 5
September 28, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
Evident

I'm so glad someone else agrees with me. There are so many little things about the show that bother me.

The main thing being, and probably the main problem with the show in general, is that Dexter is a sociopath. Now, being a sociopath means you have NO EMOTIONS, which they definitely make a point to show. However, being a sociopath means that he can't gain emotions. He will never grow to care for people. It seems like they realized that now and are trying to have him go back to his old, emotionless ways. The problem with this is that there is no room for growth in his character. Conversely, any growth in character they tried to show (him caring for Rita, Astor, and Cody last season) comes across as bullshit and made up by the writers just to please the masses. I feel like there's no direction...

Sorry if that comes across a bit confusing...

I have disagree with u on that part.The reason being is Tony Soprano was to a sociopath but at the same time he showed emotions.One of the episodes that stood out in my mind was when Ralph killed that stripper after being told by her she was pregnant.Tony if u remember blackout on him and even wept to his psychiatrist about it.
September 28, 2010 @ 01:27 AM
mr.jack

LOL me too.. somebody needs to make an avy of that
September 28, 2010 @ 10:33 AM
tapemanpl

That's speculation^.. I think it was someone who knew how trinity killed his victims.

Speculation? Did you even go to the link? Title of the article 'Dexter boss answers more burning Qs', Clyde Phillips is the executive producer of Dexter
September 28, 2010 @ 10:51 AM
young idiot

I'm so glad someone else agrees with me. There are so many little things about the show that bother me.

The main thing being, and probably the main problem with the show in general, is that Dexter is a sociopath. Now, being a sociopath means you have NO EMOTIONS, which they definitely make a point to show. However, being a sociopath means that he can't gain emotions. He will never grow to care for people. It seems like they realized that now and are trying to have him go back to his old, emotionless ways. The problem with this is that there is no room for growth in his character. Conversely, any growth in character they tried to show (him caring for Rita, Astor, and Cody last season) comes across as bullshit and made up by the writers just to please the masses. I feel like there's no direction...

Sorry if that comes across a bit confusing...

i agree completely, except for the sociopath part. as far as i know, sociopaths have feelings, but disregard other people's feelings. they've kinda fudged whatever dexter is supposed to be in favour of prolonging the show. but then, american psycho doesn't work as a show. i'd argue it doesn't even work as a film, because i don't care about someone that doesn't care about anything. but then he was a psychopath, so idk.

dexter knows the difference between right and wrong. but yeah, this show is flawed as all hell. if i'm talking about tv GOATs and someone brings up dexter alongside something like the wire, i smh.
September 28, 2010 @ 02:04 PM
Smeesh

"A man came into her house, and your mother came home...he killed her."

Ice cold.
September 29, 2010 @ 03:44 AM
Koigokoro.

Im turning into a sociopath i think. I identify with so much shit that dexter does aside from the killing
September 29, 2010 @ 06:05 AM
ruben

i haven't seen from starting but know i am watching since two weeks and i found it interesting.
September 29, 2010 @ 12:26 PM
MF-Boranka

first episode was meh, but hoping it'll pick up, quinn coming onto dex seems interesting
September 29, 2010 @ 01:08 PM
mr.jack

first episode was meh, but hoping it'll pick up, quinn coming onto dex seems interesting

i agree.. i was expecting a lot more of the first episode..
September 29, 2010 @ 09:06 PM
dalek

i agree completely, except for the sociopath part. as far as i know, sociopaths have feelings, but disregard other people's feelings. they've kinda fudged whatever dexter is supposed to be in favour of prolonging the show. but then, american psycho doesn't work as a show. i'd argue it doesn't even work as a film, because i don't care about someone that doesn't care about anything. but then he was a psychopath, so idk.

dexter knows the difference between right and wrong. but yeah, this show is flawed as all hell. if i'm talking about tv GOATs and someone brings up dexter alongside something like the wire, i smh.

Sociopaths fake their feelings. Which is what Dexter does. I'm pretty sure it's not possible for a sociopath to "gain" emotions like Dexter has.

The prototypical psychopath has deficits or deviances in several areas: interpersonal relationships, emotion, and self-control. Psychopaths gain satisfaction through antisocial behavior, and do not experience shame, guilt, or remorse for their actions. Psychopaths lack a sense of guilt or remorse for any harm they may have caused others, instead rationalizing the behavior, blaming someone else, or denying it outright.

Also... I just spoke to my friend who is a psych major and she said that he wouldn't be able to gain emotions, but he would be able to fake it.
September 30, 2010 @ 03:08 AM
young idiot

hmm
October 1, 2010 @ 12:41 AM
Beach2theBay

I just started watching season one and they film this shit in my neighborhood. I never noticed but they show my friends house and a school a lot of my friends went to. They film True Blood in Long Beach too. My city is active!

Also Sam Merlotte and Jacob from Lost are in season 1. I fux with this show cool
October 1, 2010 @ 03:14 AM
Koigokoro.

sam merlotte was on dexter>?
October 1, 2010 @ 03:22 AM
Beach2theBay

Yeah he was the drunk driver
October 3, 2010 @ 08:15 PM
Koigokoro.

oh yeah now i remember. He got did in lol
October 5, 2010 @ 03:16 AM
coreresources

"boys are easier" lame writing this week
October 5, 2010 @ 12:01 PM
Jaylib

smh at season 5 right now
October 5, 2010 @ 09:37 PM
Beach2theBay

I watched the entire series this weekend and I'm about to watch episode 1 of season 5 tonight. Season 4 was dope as fuck. The only season that was weak to me was season 3. They rep my city so hard on this show though. I realized I went to a party at the house where the bomb shelter was that Arthur kept the little boy.
October 6, 2010 @ 11:58 AM
djanoano

New seasons pretty boring to me
October 6, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
Beach2theBay

I really don't like that they killed Rita off. I liked her and Dexter trying to balance the family dynamic was very compelling. They better counter this with him going off the deep end and fucking shit up. I think he'll end up killing Quinn. They never really developed Quinn's story line of being a shady cop in the first one so maybe it'll come out this season. Deb needs to stop fucking people too.
October 7, 2010 @ 07:39 PM
STI Guy

wow they better spice up this season quick. they fucking wasted two episodes.
October 8, 2010 @ 12:07 AM
Evident

Pretty ill episode I don't know what u lames are talking about lame season I suggest go back to watching Twilight maybe that will suit u for a thrill......
October 8, 2010 @ 01:08 AM
STI Guy

go back into lurk mode, bitch.
October 13, 2010 @ 02:37 AM
swla

season is as lame as FDR's legs

swlosangeles.com

October 13, 2010 @ 05:47 PM
scum

season is as lame as FDR's legs

At least Aster's gone.

http://commissarystores.com

October 14, 2010 @ 12:52 PM
young idiot

^ real fucking talk. she pissed me off. julia stiles surprised me this episode.
October 15, 2010 @ 10:36 AM
Jaylib

i hope she does some substantial shit, and i wanna see like a secret side of the new nanny
October 15, 2010 @ 11:40 AM
SantaDuJuan

i hope she does some substantial shit, and i wanna see like a secret side of the new nanny

Yeah I can tell that Nanny's going to play a part in this season.

Please login first to reply.