January 21, 2008 @ 10:11 PM
SoleFresh87

Any news on the Wolverine movie? Or The Iron man movie?

Wolverine is shooting right now...Iron Man should be out in May or June or something like that

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

January 21, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
pnsho

Iron Man is out in May.
January 22, 2008 @ 06:05 PM
jay3091

Wolverine is shooting right now...Iron Man should be out in May or June or something like that

What's it about? I didn't really read the Wolverine comics when I was young, I just read Xmen. Is the movie going more into how he was made or whatever?

And I hate Iron Man's costume in the previews. It's not red & yellow like the original.
January 22, 2008 @ 06:12 PM
XnuggetX

What's it about? I didn't really read the Wolverine comics when I was young, I just read Xmen. Is the movie going more into how he was made or whatever?

And I hate Iron Man's costume in the previews. It's not red & yellow like the original.

ummm..did you watch the whole preview or what? cause that all black grey one is just a prototype he makes to get away from the dudes that kidnapped him. then when he gets back to all his money and shit he makes the gold and red one...watch the preview again and the whole thing.
January 22, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
jay3091

Oh, that makes sense. IDK if I'll see that movie though? But I do like how Marvel is focusing on other super heroes besides X-men and Spiderman.
January 23, 2008 @ 12:51 PM
SoleFresh87

yeah the Wolverine flick is based on his making of his powers and the organization that built him and shit , and yeah the Iron Man suit is red and yellow and the movie looks great but like i always dont always go on looks

January 24, 2008 @ 06:53 AM
9inchesofsole

Edward Norton on The Incredible Hulk
Edward Norton talked to Total Film magazine (via The Sun) and said there is no connection between upcoming The Incredible Hulk and 2003's Hulk.

"First off it's utterly unrelated to that film," he told the magazine. "This is in no way a response to it or picking up from it. I think like Chris Nolan and those guys did with Batman, we just said: 'We're going to start completely with our own version of this myth or saga.'"

While he said "no" to the role a couple of times until he was able to rewrite the screenplay, Norton now says the story will likely span more than one film.

"To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts," he said. "We left a lot out on purpose. It's definitely intended as chapter one."
January 24, 2008 @ 07:21 PM
pnsho

I always got the feeling that Norton is an arrogant, pretentious asshole.

Yeah, he pretty much is.
January 24, 2008 @ 08:21 PM
damnwitless1

Norton is a G! Best actor under 40 IMO.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

January 24, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
SoleFresh87

i thought the 1st Hulk was kinda good but then as i started watching it more it got anyoing and bad ..i cant wait to see this trailer it has to be hot ...

January 28, 2008 @ 09:37 AM
9inchesofsole

Del Toro in Talks to Direct Hobbit Films
Guillermo del Toro is in talks to direct back-to-back installments of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, which is being co-financed by New Line and MGM, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Few filmmakers have the cachet that del Toro has, as well as a deep love for the source material, an assured grasp of fantasy filmmaking and an understanding and command of geek culture as well as its respect. Del Toro has built that goodwill through such films as the Oscar-nominated Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Blade 2 (which was made by New Line) and The Devil's Backbone.

Because of other commitments that included The Lovely Bones and Tintin, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy director Peter Jackson could not take on writing and directing roles, opting instead to become an executive producer with approval over creative elements of the pair of films.

Because of the strike, no writer has been hired to adapt Tolkien's children's classic, though that process will be fast-tracked once it's resolved. Del Toro and Jackson will oversee the two films' writing.

Principal photography for the films, which will be shot simultaneously, is tentatively set for 2009. The production budget is estimated at $150 million per film. The release of the first film is slated for 2010 and the second in 2011.

The Hobbit is centered on Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf who go on a quest to find the treasure of a dragon named Smaug. Tolkien went on to write "The Lord of the Rings" 17 years later.

Bond 22: Quantum of Solace
Quantum of Solace is the title of the next installment of the James Bond film franchise
January 28, 2008 @ 05:41 PM
SoleFresh87

150 Mil?!!! damn Del Toro seems cool , i like his flicks as of matter of Hellboy 2 looks great , and please someone in hollywood reccomend him to Re Direct Blade 3 lol

January 28, 2008 @ 07:05 PM
pnsho

I like the new Bond title, Quantum of Solace.

Sounds sophisticated and clean.
January 31, 2008 @ 06:40 AM
9inchesofsole

Paramount Planning Cloverfield Sequel
Matt Reeves is in early talks with Paramount to direct a Cloverfield sequel, and, as was previously announced, he has also made a deal with GreeneStreet Films to direct The Invisible Woman.

Variety says the timing of the projects will depend on how quickly Paramount can complete discussions with Reeves, producer J.J. Abrams and writer Drew Goddard to come up with another monster story for the Cloverfield sequel. There's a good chance the sequel will be Reeves' next film, in which case he will direct The Invisible Woman afterward.

"Woman" is a Hitchcock-style thriller that probes the mind of a former beauty queen who turns to a life of crime to protect her family.

Reeves wrote the script and will produce with Abrams and GreeneStreet's John Penotti, Fisher Stevens and Tim Williams.

Ledger Digitally Recreated?
Christopher Plummer, Heath Ledger's co-star in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, has said that the late actor may be digitally re-created for his un-filmed scenes in the project.

The veteran Canadian thesp told People magazine: "Terry [Gilliam] is throwing himself into the job of trying to salvage the picture."

He said the director was trying to work out how to continue on: "Fortunately, because the film deals with magic, there is a way, perhaps, of turning Heath into other people and then, using stills and I think they call it CGI."

Plummer added: "Terry was a very good friend [of Heath's]. He wants to go on with the movie, and I can very much understand why. Because he wants to dedicate it to Heath, of course."

He described Ledger, who he last saw while filming scenes in London two weeks ago, as "in very high spirits. He was just enjoying himself tremendously. It's a rather fanciful script, and he was wonderful in this role."

The actor also said that Ledger was complaining that he was having trouble sleeping and "was taking all these pills to help him."

CGI has been used to posthumously complete actor's performances before, most famously when Oliver Reed was digitally recreated in Gladiator after he died midway through the shoot.

Should Gilliam use CGI to finish Ledgers scenes in the Imaginairum of Doctor Parnassus, or even release the film at all? Your thoughts please.

Vin Diesel Talks Fourth "Furious"
Vin Diesel has now officially confirmed to MTV News that he will reprise his role as Dominic Toretto in a fourth "The Fast and the Furious".

Diesel has refrained from giving a public statement for a while, but now says that "I think doing the cameo in 'Tokyo Drift' confirmed a lot of things for me. It confirmed that if you create a role that the world kind of identifies with, or the world adopts, sometimes you have that responsibility to revisit that role".

Why'd it take him so long to come back to the franchise? "I'm a little bit slower than the average actor that just jumps into the sequel, but I think the time has come to revisit Dom Toretto."

Vin also confirmed that Paul Walker has signed to reprise his role as well - "Gotta have Paul Walker" he says.
January 31, 2008 @ 12:26 PM
SoleFresh87

F&F 4 with Desil and Walker , sounds very pleasing , why they had to wait like how many years was it since the 1st ? ...and hopefully it wont become gimmickly done like Tokyo Drift or 2 F&F ... and ive yet to see CloverField at least it didnt bad at the Box office .....

and NO MORE NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET FLIMS no no NOOOOOrazzrazzrazz

January 31, 2008 @ 05:46 PM
9inchesofsole

Exclusive: Segal Talks Shazam
January 31, 2008 - IGN paid an exclusive visit this week to the editing bay of the upcoming action-comedy Get Smart, where we got the chance to chat with director Peter Segal about his planned feature film adaptation of Shazam!.

"One of the next movies I may be doing is a comic book: Captain Marvel... Shazam!. And that'll be a different kind of thing [than Get Smart]. But I think in even some of the best dramas, there's always a sense of humor that you can bring to it," Segal began. "I've read some people who've said I'm trying to make a lighter, funny Shazam!, which is not true. I want to stay very faithful to the source material there."

He continued, "But it is a 13-year-old boy who becomes a superhero, and I think there is an element of big in that and I think there always was in the comic book. When Stan Lee came to me many, many years ago about doing Fantastic Four and I was on
February 1, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
SoleFresh87

you gotta be fucking kidding me, Shazam ? suprised

February 1, 2008 @ 08:40 AM
9inchesofsole

From X-Men to Wolf Man?
The rumor mill kicked into overdrive earlier this week after director Mark Romanek exited Universal's remake of The Wolf Man. First, the studio was said to be considering either Breck Eisner or Matt Reeves to replace Romanek. Reeves, however, has just opted to make Cloverfield 2 instead so scratch him off the list.

Now comes word that Brett Ratner (the Rush Hour series) might be coming aboard to helm The Wolf Man. Ain't It Cool News claims it's heard that Ratner's in the running, while ProductionCharts.com also lists him as the project's new director.

Universal would neither confirm nor deny the Ratner rumors, but they did inform us that the job was still open.

Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, and Emily Blunt will star in The Wolf Man, which is slated to film this March in London. Ratner previously worked with Hopkins on Red Dragon, the remake of Manhunter.

If Ratner does indeed end up directing The Wolf Man then it won't be the first time he's stepped in to replace a director on a big project. Ratner subbed for Matthew Vaughn on X-Men: The Last Stand, and last year he was reportedly Len Wiseman's replacement on New Line's Escape From New York remake, but that didn't work out.
February 1, 2008 @ 01:13 PM
SoleFresh87

the wolfman , haahaha , this has to be a joke , i guess Ratner has ran out of ideas since the Rush Hour Series wraped up ...sad

February 5, 2008 @ 06:39 AM
9inchesofsole

Venom Spin-off
Spider-Man 3 villain Venom may be getting his own spin-off film, according to IESB.net.

The site reports that Marvel is moving ahead with a new standalone movie based around the dastardly alien symbiote, and has recently met with several "A-list writers" to pen a script.

There has been no official word from Marvel yet, although the studio are in a position to develop new projects after they signed an interim deal with the WGA last week allowing scribes to write for them until the strike resolves.

Apparently the rights to the character have recently moved back to Marvel from New Line, although it is unclear what control - if any - Sony have over Venom, since his character appears in Spider-Man 3, which they own.

If a Venom spin-off does go ahead, would you want Topher Grace to reprise his role, and what evil shenanigans would like to see him get up to?

Sly Making Rambo 5?
The resurrection of Sylvester Stallone's career in recent years is almost as astonishing as the titular Philadelphia slugger's surprise victory over Clubber Lang in Rocky III.

In the past two years, Sly has emerged from the wilderness to direct and star in two box-office hits, 2005's Rocky Balboa and Rambo, released in the US last week.

Indeed the action star has rebuilt his reputation enough to be given a new deal by his Rambo producers Nu Image/ Millennium films, which will see him write and direct two new action films.

According The Hollywood Reporter, these films may well be further sequels to the Rocky or Rambo franchises, with Stallone already considering several new scripts.

Nu Image producer Avi Lerner told the trade mag: "Sly is a great filmmaker and a great writer. This is a perfect match."

Sly meanwhile said: "The past year and a half working with [the producers] has been nothing but a high point in my career and an extremely rewarding experience."

In related news, Stallone is claiming that Rambo is inspiring real-life action against Myanmar's ruling military junta. "Either live for something, die for nothing - it's your choice," Stallone said in a recent interview with the Associated Press. "Students have now used this film as a rallying point and are using the quote, thinking maybe the American military will intervene and save them."
February 5, 2008 @ 09:59 AM
SoleFresh87

Venom spin off ? umm im not surprised , i mean Spidey series is getting milked liked crazy ...why not ..but i think Venom was overly hyped and it didnt meet alot peoples demands i know it didnt for me ...all he did was screech and scream ..ehhh i dont think ima care too much of this

February 6, 2008 @ 12:27 PM
9inchesofsole

Is Josh Brolin the New Terminator?
In a new interview with The Two-One-Three, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins director McG hinted that No Country for Old Men star Josh Brolin might play the new Terminator opposite Christian Bale's John Connor.

"We're prepping the picture right now. The script is largely done, whether or not we're able to prep off of it, obviously we want to continue to work on it, punch it up and we're hoping for an expedient finish to the writer's strike. But I've got my fingers crossed that in a week or two it will be over," McG said.

He added that the fourth film will take place "post Judgment day. So there really is no continuation, you know what I mean? Its sort of a different animal, whereas the first two pictures on this thing are Terminators from the future, this picture takes place in 2019."

There's been rumors that John Connor will only be a small part in the film. Not so, says McG. "John Connor's a major player in it - Christian Bale's playing that part."

Asked who his "dream Terminator" would be? McG revealed, "...And there's guys out there like Russell Crowe and Eric Bana, bring a good physicality, they do what they do, but I don't know if they're exactly right at the end of the day. (Smiles) Josh Brolin is a very exciting actor - we'll see."
February 7, 2008 @ 05:49 AM
9inchesofsole

Pirates 4 a Buddy Pic?
Although there has been no definitive word yet on if or when Walt Disney Pictures and producer Jerry Bruckheimer might set sail on a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie -- indeed, both the cast and the filmmakers said while promoting last summer's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End that the franchise would be taking a well-deserved break -- rumors have now surfaced about the plot to Pirates 4.

The end of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End saw Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow setting off in search of the fabled Fountain of Youth -- and his on-again, off-again enemy/ally, Captain Barbossa (played by Geoffrey Rush).

According to JimHillMedia.com, Pirates 4 "would toss the Elizabeth & Will characters [portrayed by Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, respectively] over the side in favor of doing a bawdy buddy picture which would star Jack Sparrow & Barbossa. Where both captains of the Black Pearl would initially be competing for the exact same prize."

More Treasure Hunts Planned
Unsurprisingly, Walt Disney Pictures wants to make a National Treasure 3 now that the second installment, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, has outgrossed its predecessor at the box office. The studio is reportedly looking to produce two more films in the Nicolas Cage-starring franchise.

JimHillMedia.com reports that Disney has registered the domain names NationalTreasure3DVD.com and NationalTreasure4DVD.com, clear indications that the studio sees more box office gold to be mined from this Treasure trove.

So what might National Treasure 3 be about? Well, if the rumors below are true then we'd best issue a SPOILER WARNING.

According to JimHillMedia.com, the story for the third National Treasure would "send the Gates family off to Easter Island and beyond in search of Atlantis. More importantly, the pure, clean power source that was supposedly lost forever when this ancient civilization sank beneath the sea. Which -- were it to be harnessed today -- would immediately put an end to global warming. Not to mention making gas & oil obsolete."
February 7, 2008 @ 09:39 PM
SoleFresh87

ehhh naw i think the Pirates series is done , i really didnt like the last one too much Hype slapped on it..if they're not gonna do that than there bound to make a corny TV series ...

Treasure flims are good tho , like i said its like a Next Gen Indianna Jones but kinda watered down ..i didnt see the recent NT but i bet it was good flim ..

February 8, 2008 @ 08:43 AM
9inchesofsole

ehhh naw i think the Pirates series is done , i really didnt like the last one too much Hype slapped on it..if they're not gonna do that than there bound to make a corny TV series ...

^did you watch 10 sec. clip after the credits from the 3rd movie??

Indiana Jones Trailer Coming Next Week
Variety has confirmed what we hinted at in early December, 2007, the first trailer for Steven Spielberg's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be hitting theaters and online next week:

Par will attach the first teaser for "Crystal Skull" to fantasy pic "The Spiderwick Chronicles" on Feb. 14, with the spot to hit the Web shortly thereafter.

Reason for the delay is that the film only recently wrapped, so much of the material that would go into a memorable trailer just wasn't ready until now.

Awareness and anticipation also is already high for the pic, so producers didn't feel the need to show too much too soon.

"In the case of Indiana Jones, he's such a well-known character that it's not like you have to get out there and introduce something new," said Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy. "You tailor the campaign to the material. We also want to keep a lot of the surprises. That's part of the fun."

We'll let you know as soon as the trailer is online, stay tuned!

What is Rob Zombie's Tyrannosaurus Rex?
Rob Zombie's Tyrannosaurus Rex. It's a title that recently made a legit production listing that floated our way and it's got a release date of August 28, 2009 (a late-summer bow reminiscent of Halloween).

But what is it? We're trying to figure that out now.

It can't be a title change for his animated flick The Haunted World of El Superbeasto... We presume it's the moniker for his next feature set up at Dimension Films (he has a two-pic deal with the Weinsteins). The digging for more info begins now - we'll hit up the man himself for more details.

Angels, JLA Back On?
If the writers' strike ends next week as industry pundits suggest it might, what does that mean for the future of a number of high profile movies that were either shelved or stalled in the last few months by the strike?

The projects that, if the strike ends, could end up going before cameras later this year include Justice League of America, Angels & Demons, and Transformers 2.

As Variety reminds us, Angels and JLA were both halted by their studios -- Sony and Warner Bros., respectively -- because they needed more script work, which obviously couldn't happen due to the ongoing strike. Both pictures remain slated for a 2009 release.

Another project that could start up in time for release next year is Nottingham, the Ridley Scott-directed re-imagining of the Robin Hood legend with Russell Crowe attached to star. Likewise, Warners could put their planned tentpole Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins into production in time for a 2009 release.

There are also three MGM projects that are on hold until the strike is resolved: Thomas Crown Affair 2, and remakes of Death Wish and Fame.
February 8, 2008 @ 11:47 AM
9inchesofsole

Director Talks New Mortal Kombat Movie
Moviehole caught up with director mink (Into the Sun) and asked about his plans for the next Mortal Kombat movie:

The status of the film, as of today, is that "...the Producers are working out their deals with the studio and arranging their financing", says the director.

mink says the project isn't so much a sequel as it is a "re-envisioning (if that is a word) of the Mortal Kombat franchise from top to bottom. Todays audience is a savvy involved group so the film must be A plus plus in every area in order to capture the magic of the first film. It is taking the entire concept to the next level across the board in every area visual design, story, cast, FX, photography and most importantly the fighting scenes. The original Mortal Kombat game was born a child of many visual loves by the creators at midway so this latest version borrows heavily from that pioneering spirit and must be thought out and executed at the highest level in order for it succeed in today's market place. This is no overnight task."

Though the IMDB has Christopher Lambert returning as Rayden, mink says casting hasn't begun yet.

"First things first, is the way these larger projects need to be done. It is still in the business stages but once that is squared away all casting options will be explored along with the continued development of the best story line."

The last we heard the film was supposed to be shot in Louisiana.

"At one point Louisiana was on the table for various reasons. It still maybe in the future if that is appropriate place to work for the picture".
February 8, 2008 @ 02:11 PM
Jay_Bird

whats up with that speed racer live action

its still coming out

and is sin city 2 still coming out?
February 8, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
pnsho

whats up with that speed racer live action

its still coming out

and is sin city 2 still coming out?

Speed Racer is still on as a full movie, with actors and all. It's not live-action. There's already a trailer out.

And supposedly, Miller has stuff planned out for Sin City 2, but hasn't gotten the go-ahead.
February 8, 2008 @ 08:45 PM
SoleFresh87

yeah Speed Racer is coming out in May i think May 2nd ? looks cool to me but it might be corny but at least i get entertained by the nice speical FX

i didnt know anything about Sin City 2 , but i do know the creator of that and 300 is suppose to make another flim off of his comic series

February 8, 2008 @ 09:19 PM
pnsho

yeah Speed Racer is coming out in May i think May 2nd ? looks cool to me but it might be corny but at least i get entertained by the nice speical FX

i didnt know anything about Sin City 2 , but i do know the creator of that and 300 is suppose to make another flim off of his comic series

Do you mean Zack Snyder's next "comic book" film, Watchmen?

And Speed Racer's trailer, at first, I thought was too cheesy.

I still think so.

Please login first to reply.