October 6, 2010 @ 12:02 PM
ReZ

Potential Halo film:

Some very exciting news today, gamers. Steven Spielberg and his DreamWorks studio are reportedly trying to obtain the screen rights to make a Halo movie!

The New York Magazine movie blog Vulture claims that, in an effort to avoid getting drawn into a legal quagmire with previous Halo studios Universal and Fox, DreamWorks is looking to use the Halo novel tie-ins as the source material for a revived film.

That way, neither Fox nor Universal can sue them claiming they're owed money from DreamWorks for capitalizing on all the money the studios spent developing their joint film adaptation of the bestselling game imploded back in 2006.

As Vulture reports, "that residual anger over the wasted money is the big reason why DreamWorks is so explicitly saying its project is based on the books: By citing 'different' source material, it preemptively neutralizes any attempt by Universal lawyers to demand that the new studio reimburse its $12 million in development costs. Oh, you were doing a movie on that Halo? Yeah, we're doing something else entirely. More literary. Another helpful side effect of using the books is that it appeases Microsoft, which authorizes them all; it shows them that DreamWorks takes the canon seriously (even if the process ends with a completely original script). [Former Universal Pictures chairman Stacey] Snider, who declined to comment for this story, is now CEO of DreamWorks, and knows from her days ushering Halo through Universal the importance of keeping Microsoft happy."

Read more: movies.ign.com/articles/112/1125896p1.html#ixzz11bCpeaAF
October 6, 2010 @ 05:50 PM
ReZ

On Daft Punk's cameo in Tron:

A year ago, a rumor started floating around the Internet about how Daft Punk were not only scoring the forthcoming Tron: Legacy, but also making a cameo appearance in the film, too. And now, thanks to a Los Angeles Times story, we can say that rumor is indeed true.

A 23-minute collection of scenes from the unfinished movie was recently screened, and according to the L.A. Times, one bit featured two guys in very familiar robot masks acting like, um, futuristic DJs of some sort. They "trigger a barrage of digital fireworks." Can you say type-casting?

The story also describes some of DP's music in the film, throwing around descriptors like "Wagnerian," "Art of Noise-meets-Giorgio Moroder-meets-Aphex Twin," and "Metallica's 'Enter Sandman' [mashed up] with Ennio Morricone."

pitchfork.com/news/40309-details-of-daft-punks-itron-legacyi-cameo/
October 6, 2010 @ 07:13 PM

Inactive

^Must watch
October 6, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
9inchesofsole

Transformers Title Rumor
Transformers 3 books have started hitting Amazon and they include the title "Transformers: The Dark of the Moon." While that's not the movie's confirmed title yet, it makes sense considering some of the story rumors going around. The domain names TransformersTheDarkoftheMoon.com and TransformersTheDarkoftheMoonmovie.com were also registered recently, though there's also no confirmation that Paramount bought those.
October 11, 2010 @ 01:49 AM
ReZ

Big news:

EXCLUSIVE: I've just learned that the latest script for the Dc Comics character The Flash will be handed into Warner Bros between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green are writing the draft, and Greg Berlanti did the story with them. No word on who'll direct The Flash yet, but I can tell you it's doubtful it'll be Berlanti, even though his very different Life As We Know It came in #2 at the box office for the studio this weekend. "He won't want to direct it because he kinda wants to do something in between size-wise first before attempting something that large," an insider tells me. On the other hand, "If Warner Bros does like the script and wants him to direct it... But that's a lot of ifs. And all of it is moot if they don't dig the script. Green Lantern wasn't real until the studio liked the draft." Speaking of Green Lantern, all 3 scribes worked on that superhero pic which director Martin Campbell is right now editing. And I hear the film shaping up is "jaw-dropping".) My source says, "They're working round the clock on that now. Also, the three of them are working on the treatment for the sequel to the Green Lantern at the same time. All of which will be in by Christmas."

www.deadline.com/2010/10/both-the-flash-and-green-lantern-2-drafts-coming-in-to-warner-bros-by-xmas/
October 11, 2010 @ 12:11 PM
Faustz

^ Damn i remember watching the old tv series
October 11, 2010 @ 02:41 PM
9inchesofsole

Rhys ifans to play the spider-man villain
rhys ifans (notting
October 11, 2010 @ 09:01 PM
ReZ

sweet

are you in the industry, 9in?
October 11, 2010 @ 10:15 PM
9inchesofsole

No, I'm not, I just love movies. But I wonder what villain his gonna be playing?
October 12, 2010 @ 05:50 AM
Munnibadnaam4

How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jack hammer.
October 12, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
9inchesofsole

^
huh?confused

first images of hangover 2

October 13, 2010 @ 02:15 PM
ReZ

zach is swagged out
October 13, 2010 @ 02:41 PM
sjem

Tom Hardy cast in Batman 3 source - www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/13/tom-hardy-cast-in-batman-3/
October 13, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
young idiot

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
October 13, 2010 @ 07:20 PM
9inchesofsole

i wonder who tom hardy is gonna be playing?
October 13, 2010 @ 07:48 PM
C_Augustus_O

killer croc

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

October 14, 2010 @ 04:16 AM
9inchesofsole

Rhys Ifans Will Be.... The Lizard?
According to TheWrap, they've figured out who the villain in Marc Webb's Untitled Spider-Man Reboot will be, as played by the recently-announced Rhys Ifans, and it's a villain that's been discussed to be in the fourth movie even back when Sam Raimi was still going to direct it... The Lizard!

In the previous trilogy, The Lizard's alter-ego Dr. Curt Connors was played by actor Dylan Baker, who had originally assumed he would be returning for Raimi's fourth movie, saying that the Lizard would indeed be next, but when it was decided to reboot the franchise and Marc Webb was brought on board, it was thought that maybe those plans had changed.

Who knows if and when Sony Pictures will make their own announcement confirming this (or not) or we find out who leaked this information? (Andrew Garfield was in London for the premiere of his new film Never Let Me Go tonight, so maybe that's where it came from? TheWrap ain't sayin'.)

Either way, as fans who have been waiting for nearly ten months to find out more about what will happen with this reboot, let us know what you think of this choice.
October 15, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
ReZ

now here's a hulking development...

The Incredible Hulk is muscling his way to primetime TV. ABC is in very early stages of development of a live-action series adaptation of the popular Marvel comic book character. There is no writer on board yet with search underway. Marvel, which was acquired by ABC parent Disney last year for $4 billion, started a major push in TV in June with the launch of Marvel Television whose goal was to adapt Marvel characters and stories to the small screen. Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb (Smallville) and his team quickly zeroed in on The Hulk, with rumors of a potential Hulk live-action series first surfacing in mid-summer.

www.deadline.com/2010/10/abc-developing-incredible-hulk-series/

edit: Jeph Loeb...*dead*
October 16, 2010 @ 10:20 AM
9inchesofsole

The Hobbit Has Officially Been Greenlit!
It's official! The Hobbit films have received the green light. Check out the official press release below:

The two films based on "The Hobbit" are now greenlit and will begin principal photography in February 2011, under the direction of Peter Jackson, it was jointly announced today by Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Operating Officer, New Line Cinema, Alan Horn, President and Chief Operating Officer, Warner Bros. and Steve Cooper, co-Chief Executive Officer of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.

"Exploring Tolkien's Middle-earth goes way beyond a normal film-making experience" Jackson says, "It's an all-immersive journey into a very special place of imagination, beauty and drama. We're looking forward to re-entering this wondrous world with Gandalf and Bilbo - and our friends at New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers and MGM".

"Peter is a filmmaker of incomparable ability; having him return to Middle-earth to produce and direct is a dream come true. A true original, Peter is a gifted story-teller, visionary director and pioneer in film technology," said Emmerich. "Reuniting with Peter, Fran and Philippa truly makes it feel like we are going 'there and back again.'"

"There is no human being on the planet as qualified as Peter Jackson to direct these films," said Horn. "Peter is incredibly talented and has the creative vision and experience to bring this beloved property to life in a way that no other filmmaker could. And the team of Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens has proven through their work on the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy that no one is more skilled at transforming Tolkien's written words into a vibrant, living language that makes the audience believe they are not merely visiting Middle-earth, but actually living in it. We couldn't be more thrilled and look forward to seeing 'The Hobbit' take shape under Peter's stewardship and the team he is putting together."

"MGM is excited to move forward and add to the successful 'Lord of the Rings' franchise," said Cooper. "Under Peter's direction, the films will undoubtedly appeal to fans of the original 'LOTR' trilogy and also bring the stories to a new generation of fans."

Jackson, who directed all three "Lord of the Rings" films, will helm the two films back-to-back, telling the story of "The Hobbit" in two parts. Jackson will utilize groundbreaking visual effects and his incomparable story-telling to bring J.R.R. Tolkien's novel to the big screen. Both Hobbit movies will be filmed in Digital 3-D, using the latest camera and stereo technology to create a high quality, comfortable viewing experience. Jackson also co-wrote the screenplays with Fran Walsh, Phillipa Boyens and Guillermo del Toro.

"The Hobbit" is being co-produced by New Line Cinema and MGM, with New Line managing production, Warner Bros Pictures handling domestic distribution and MGM distributing internationally. Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Carolynne Cunningham are producing the films, with Phillipa Boyens as co-producer and Ken Kamins as executive producer.

The Oscar-winning, critically acclaimed LOTR trilogy grossed nearly $3 billion worldwide at the box office. In 2003, "Return of the King" swept the Academy Awards, winning all of the 11 categories in which it was nominated, including Best Picture
October 16, 2010 @ 01:46 PM
STI Guy

damn this thread is awesome.
October 16, 2010 @ 01:53 PM
sjem

Finally!! (The Hobbit)
October 16, 2010 @ 01:57 PM
sjem

The Hobbit Has Officially Been Greenlit!

Finally!!
October 16, 2010 @ 05:43 PM
9inchesofsole

damn this thread is awesome.

Thank you sir
October 18, 2010 @ 07:22 PM
9inchesofsole

Mel Gibson to Cameo in The Hangover 2?

The New York Post's Page Six is reporting the rumor that Mel Gibson will have a cameo role in The Hangover 2. Here's an excerpt from the article:

The troubled star, who was dropped by the William Morris Endeavor agency in July and has also faced allegations that he assaulted and made threats against his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, has signed to play a Bangkok tattooist in the highly anticipated comedy.

A source for the site adds that "filming is taking place on the Warner Bros. lot, where a Bangkok set has been built, and Mel is expected to film his role in two weeks. Then the production moves to Thailand at the end of October."
October 19, 2010 @ 01:11 PM
ReZ

I honestly think Leo would swag Gatsby the fuck out.

EXCLUSIVE: While Baz Luhrmann hasn't settled on whether he'll make The Great Gatsby his next film, he workshopped the adaptation of the F. Scott Fitzgerald novel that he wrote with frequent collaborator Craig Pearce. I'm told that Leonardo DiCaprio read the role of Gatsby, Tobey Maguire read Nick Carraway, and that The Town star Rebecca Hall read the role of Daisy.

The picture is set up at Sony Pictures Entertainment and the reading went well, I'm told. Luhrmann workshops every script he's considering and there's no guarantee those actors will wind up starring in the film. Reports have mentioned Amanda Seyfried as a possible Daisy and I've heard Baz is sweet on Natalie Portman. Luhrmann and Catherine Martin are producing with Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher.
October 20, 2010 @ 04:32 AM
Denny Crane

Uchh, I really disliked that novel. Can't see (another) adaptation working out well.
October 20, 2010 @ 01:46 PM
ReZ

October 20, 2010 @ 02:53 PM
Trollinator

I honestly think Leo would swag Gatsby the fuck out.

ive always wanted a remake of this film

I want to see the world burn

October 20, 2010 @ 11:08 PM
xVILLN

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2nAOdBUlw

Norwegian film releasing this month,but coming to the states in 2011.
king king sized trolls goddamn

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

October 21, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
ReZ

no-go for mel

BREAKING NEWS... Mel Gibson won't be appearing in The Hangover Part II despite web reports he'd play a tattoo artist in the Todd Phillips-directed pic. Warner Bros and its financing partner Legendary Pictures released a statement from Phillips. "I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew," Phillips said.

Please login first to reply.