January 18, 2010 @ 09:03 PM
TheOne

5 brothers would be alright
January 22, 2010 @ 01:39 PM
sjem

Martin Scorsese and producer Graham King are teaming up again to adapt The Invention of Hugo Cabret.

www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/22/martin-scorsese-indeed-adapting-the-invention-of-hugo-cabret/

I'm pretty interested in what Scorsese does with this as it's the first time he will adapt something mainly aimed at kids, it could be really good.
January 26, 2010 @ 04:29 PM
SoleFresh87

5 brothers mehhh not SO bad 4 brothers was a decent flim

Mortal Kombat 3 flick on board.........Many years Too Late?

But it has to top this horrid Tekken bullshit smh

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

January 28, 2010 @ 03:58 PM
goldANDsacks

i Wanna see some comic book mashup this decade like a batman and superman, wolverine and punisher or wolverine vs the hulk would be dope. Hopefully the Avengers movie get the greenlight and a decent anime adpatation heard Leonardo Dicaprio is production an Akira live action film.Also heard their trying cast Keanu Reeves a Spike Speigel in a Cowboy Bebop film wtfrazz.

last i heard that live-action Akira got shut down.

i guess this will have to do for now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g
January 28, 2010 @ 08:57 PM
Joweee

i dislike keanu reeves.
i liked him in matrix, then i realized, i liked him in matrix.....
January 28, 2010 @ 09:23 PM
King101King

man can i get my constantine sequel??
Please smile
February 5, 2010 @ 07:29 AM
9inchesofsole

Could DC Comics Be Developing a WATCHMEN Sequel/Prequel?
Bleeding Cool is reporting that DC has some pretty definite plans to move forward with several sequels or even prequels to the Watchmen comics. Why now, after over 20 years after the original graphic novel was published? The popularity of the book since the release of the film adaptation
February 5, 2010 @ 09:14 AM
goldANDsacks

watchmen 2 would be a silly idea. ignoring all the issues about continuity, the original story, etc....

Rorschach was easily the most popular character in the whole franchise, and he

***SPOILER ALERT***

died in the end of the movie. it'll be like when the Bulls lost Jordan. nobody will care.
February 8, 2010 @ 07:50 AM
9inchesofsole

Red Skull Confirmed as Captain America Villain
Joe Johnston, director of the forthcoming The First Avenger: Captain America, has been doing press all day out in Los Angeles for his new movie The Wolfman and ShockTillYouDrop.com Managing Editor Ryan Rotten had a chance to talk with Johnston about the movie and what to expect.

Johnston confirmed that the Red Skull will indeed be the villain of the first movie and told Ryan a bit more about why they decided to set the majority of the movie during WWII:

"Virtually the entire story except the bookends are in World War II because we all recognize we have one chance to tell the origin story of how he became Captain America, you can't tell a modern story and then go back and tell the origin story. If you're going to do it, let's do it. Let's do it first. Everyone wanted to tell an origin story. There was a version where it was a modern story and it didn't work."

Hopefully, we'll have more word on Johnston's plans for the movie and answers to some of the many questions that have been on your minds, including the all-important casting of Steve Rogers and what other characters may be appearing in the movie. Johnston did say that they definitely are going for an American actor, preferably an unknown, and they hope to have that person by the end of February.

The First Avenger: Captain America is currently scheduled for release on July 22, 2011.

Bill Murray Confirms Ghostbusters 3 Spoiler
When Sigourney Weaver was traveling the world promoting Avatar, she dropped a possible big spoiler about Bill Murray's character in Ghostbusters 3. Many doubted what she said, but it looks like she was right on the money as Murray said the exact same thing to Mail Online.

The following contains spoilers you may not want to know before you see the movie.

In the December interview, Weaver said: "I know that my little son, Oscar
February 8, 2010 @ 10:36 AM
sjem

David Goyer and Jonathon Nolan are working on Batman 3 script.

www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/08/rumor-david-goyer-and-jonathan-nolan-working-on-third-batman-script/
February 8, 2010 @ 02:03 PM
SoleFresh87

Watchmen sequel not so much to me .. i say leave as is, it was damn near 3 hrs long anyways ...what wud they do with a prequel sequel??? 1 hr & sum change tops ...the original had a great story within other stories and went over them very well ..hollywood dont fuck it up and leave it be.

C.America should be great , i always like his apperances in the spiderman series

Maybe its best that Akria got shut down i mean ( even tho theyre two different levels of anime) look at Dragonball Evoultion

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

February 8, 2010 @ 02:13 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

David Goyer and Jonathon Nolan are working on Batman 3 script.

www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/08/rumor-david-goyer-and-jonathan-nolan-working-on-third-batman-script/

they fucking BETTER be haha

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

February 9, 2010 @ 10:23 AM
sjem

^Lol. I was just wondering what film blogs/websites you guys check regularly? I have a look at www.slashfilm.com/ almost every day and a few others occasionally.
February 9, 2010 @ 01:18 PM
young idiot

^ aicn!
February 9, 2010 @ 02:02 PM
9inchesofsole

^lol. I was just wondering what film blogs/websites you guys check regularly? I have a look at www.slashfilm.com/ almost every day and a few others occasionally.

^
www.superherohype.com
www.darkhorizons.com
www.traileraddict.com
February 9, 2010 @ 02:03 PM
9inchesofsole

Christopher Nolan to Mentor New Superman Movie?
In possibly one of the biggest superhero movie shockers since the last one--when was the Spider-Man reboot, three weeks ago?--Deadline Hollywood is now reporting that The Dark Knight and Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan has been assigned the potentially thankless task of being the latest filmmaker assigned by Warner Bros. to try to save the "Superman" franchise, in this case in a mentoring capacity to figure out the best way to proceed.

Director Bryan Singer helmed the last installment Superman Returns three and a half years ago, which grossed $391 million worldwide, but wasn't seen as a hit due to its reported $270 million production budget. (Remember that the studio doesn't get 100% of those theatrical grosses.)

Since then, various names have been mentioned as possible candidates to get Superman back to the screen, most vocally comic book creator Mark Millar (Wanted, Kick-Ass), but nothing had been confirmed or definite.

This latest news seems to come out of two recent developments, the restructuring of Warner's relationship with DC Comics into a new company called DC Entertainment, headed by Diane Nelson, and the looming deadline of the estates of Superman creators Jerome Siegel and Joe Shuster gaining back the entire copyright for the character in 2013. During a court hearing about the rights to Superman, Warners chairman Alan Horn said that he hoped to make another film for 2012 at the earliest but that no script was currently in development.

Some may remember that before Bryan Singer came on board, various versions of the Man of Steel were floundering in development, including one version starring Nicolas Cage to be directed by Tim Burton based on a screenplay by Kevin Smith. Even J.J. Abrams took a crack at writing a Superman screenplay with both Brett Ratner and McG attached to direct his version at one point.

It's unclear how far Nolan's role as a mentor might stretch and whether he'll just be offering some suggestions on the direction, or will be actively involved in picking the director, writers and casting for the reboot, as it's still very early in what is already being labeled "Superman 3.0."

You can read a lot more about what led to Warner Bros.' decision over at Deadline Hollywood, and we'll keep you posted as things develop.

Knowing how many fans of The Dark Knight there are on SuperHeroHype, need we even ask what you think about Nolan being actively involved in another movie about a DC Comics character?
February 9, 2010 @ 02:21 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

so that's different from him producing it?

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

February 9, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
young idiot

I suppose one pays more than the other.
February 11, 2010 @ 02:18 PM
9inchesofsole

Hughes Brothers in Talks to Direct Akira
Vulture is reporting that The Book of Eli helmers Allen and Albert Hughes are negotiating to direct Warner Bros.' live-action adaptation of Akira.

Written by Iron Man screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby. the film is produced by Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way along with Andrew Lazar (upcoming Jonah Hex.)

According to the site, the studio is planning to make Akira in two parts, with the first three volumes of Katsuhiro Otomo's six-volume manga making up the first film, due out next year.
February 11, 2010 @ 04:18 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? That would be SO fucking dope, plus you can definitely see some Menace II Society in Akira

February 26, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
sjem

?????????????????????????
Will Smith to produce and star in a remake of Hitchcock's Suspicion.

The common line amongst film fans is that Alfred Hitchcock is sacrosanct; his movies are not to be remade. He could do it (The Man Who Knew Too Much) but no one else should (Psycho). In some cases that
February 26, 2010 @ 05:32 PM
young idiot

wtf, just do bad boys 3
February 28, 2010 @ 06:50 AM
9inchesofsole

The Nolans Directing The Man of Steel & Justice League?
IESB has posted some interesting rumors about DC Entertainment's upcoming slate. The site says it's all still unconfirmed, but these items could potentially be part of the announcements that the studio is expected to make soon.

Yesterday, the site reported that Greg Berlanti, co-producer and co-writer of Martin Campbell's Green Lantern, is the frontrunner to direct Warner Bros.' The Flash.

Earlier this week, it was reported that David Goyer will be writing the new Superman movie, The Man of Steel. What we didn't catch then is that Jonah Nolan, who together with Goyer is writing the script for Christopher Nolan's next Batman movie, is also on board to co-write the Superman film. Of course, this follows the news from earlier this month that Chris Nolan will play a "godfather" role in getting The Man of Steel going.

Which brings us to the really interesting parts. IESB is saying that Chris Nolan is mentoring the movie because his brother Jonah Nolan may make his directorial debut on The Man of Steel.

Adding to that, the site says that there's a possibility that Chris Nolan will direct the Justice League movie after The Man of Steel and next Batman movie are released.

True or not, we think we'll be hearing official word soon.
March 2, 2010 @ 12:47 AM
TheOne

Yessssssssss
March 2, 2010 @ 03:57 PM
12xu

All that Nolan stuff sounds really promising. His new movie looks like it could be really good, too.
March 3, 2010 @ 01:10 PM
goldANDsacks

The Nolans Directing The Man of Steel & Justice League?

i heard he isn't directing either of these, but instead working as a creative consultant. i heard what he's REALLY doing, is trying to get his Brother (who co-wrote Dark Knight) in the directors chair for one of these two (which would be is first directing gig). That would make sense. Chris Nolan's just trying to use his success to, literally, hook a brother up.
March 3, 2010 @ 01:14 PM
goldANDsacks

^Lol. I was just wondering what film blogs/websites you guys check regularly? I have a look at www.slashfilm.com/ almost every day and a few others occasionally.

joblo.com
March 3, 2010 @ 01:24 PM
young idiot

i heard he isn't directing either of these, but instead working as a creative consultant. i heard what he's REALLY doing, is trying to get his Brother (who co-wrote Dark Knight) in the directors chair for one of these two (which would be is first directing gig). That would make sense. Chris Nolan's just trying to use his success to, literally, hook a brother up.

March 6, 2010 @ 02:15 PM
Nerdyck

james cameron mentors spiderman 4.

quote:
It seems when Jim Cameron isn’t making the worlds biggest films, he’s helping others who are trying to make their own.

It’s been confirmed that Cameron will be mentoring new Spider-man director Marc Webb, who's desperate to shoot in 3D using Avatar’s groundbreaking technology.

And who better to have helping than the man himself – the creator of the jaw-dropping new technology.

Cameron's involvement may be down to his concern of recent superhero films…

‘I think Hollywood's in a bit of a rut. They've done the good ones and they're starting to get down to the second and third tier of superheroes’, says Cameron.JC famously wrote the 'scriptment' for a Spider-man film back in the '90s, paving the way for Sam Raimi's box office bursting vision to hit the screens in 2002. Now it seems he's ready to add his gravtias to the web-slinger once again.

It’s a good job the man only needs four hours sleep per night. Being caught up in Spidey's web and planning his Avatar sequel, he has a busy few years ahead.
www.totalfilm.com/news/james-cameron-mentors-spider-man
March 9, 2010 @ 10:11 AM
shaq32

who the hell wants to see an american made akira movie

Please login first to reply.