SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
October 27, 2008 @ 04:12 PM
Virunga

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

October 30, 2008 @ 01:29 PM
9inchesofsole

Mark Millar on His 8-Hour Superman Epic

Empire Online talked to Mark Millar (Wanted, upcoming Kick-Ass) more about his proposed "Superman" epic. Here are several clips from the article:

Mark has been working closely with a 'big-Hollywood action director'
October 30, 2008 @ 04:01 PM
randomgrandeur

...as long as it isn't Michael Bay. Otherwise, it won't be a story, just three consecutive films of explosions.
October 31, 2008 @ 12:18 AM
pnsho

I could sit through an 8-hour Superman film.

It better have some, if not most/all, of the villains though, and a very precise, intricate exploration of Superman's origins + relationships.

That being said, I felt Superman Returns was a bit of a letdown.
October 31, 2008 @ 07:39 AM
9inchesofsole

^
superman returns was terrible.

Return of the Last Dragon
Samuel L. Jackson just keeps on getting the coolest roles. He's already played a Jedi Master, Shaft, Jules Winnfield, and Nick Fury. Now, the man is preparing for yet another badass portrayal.

Jackson will star as Sho'nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, in Columbia Pictures' upcoming remake of the '80s cult hit The Last Dragon, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Sho'nuff, as many of you will know, was prone to asking his group of goons egotistical questions like, "Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?" To which they would always reply, "Sho'nuff!" It's a role Jackson seems destined for.

Wu-Tang Clan's RZA is producing the movie with Dallas Jackson (Uncle P) writing the script.

The plot will be updated, but reportedly in keeping with the original story which follows a young martial arts student named Leroy Green on the streets of New York, as he attempts to attain the highest level of martial arts mastery, known as the Last Dragon. Those who attain it possess the power of the Glow.

"I'm a huge fan of the original and look forward to bringing Sho'nuff into the 21st century," Jackson told THR.

^
love the original, hope rza doesnt fuck this movie up!
October 31, 2008 @ 06:32 PM
Henry Blue

According to an unreliable source (wiki), the Guy Ritchie directed, Robert Downey Jr.-starring Sherlock Holmes adaptation began filming this month (October).

I swear I haven't heard about this project until tonight. Actually am kinda excited...
November 1, 2008 @ 06:02 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

love the original, hope rza doesnt fuck this movie up!

if there's anybody in the world I would trust this movie with, it's Rza

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

November 1, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
pnsho

According to an unreliable source (wiki), the Guy Ritchie directed, Robert Downey Jr.-starring Sherlock Holmes adaptation began filming this month (October).

I swear I haven't heard about this project until tonight. Actually am kinda excited...

The movie wasn't big news, really. But when Downey was announced, everybody was jumping.
January 19, 2009 @ 03:38 PM
9inchesofsole

Spidey 4 Filming in 2010
UK, January 19, 2009 - J.K. Simmons - the actor who plays Daily Bugle editor J. Jonah Jameson in the Spider-Man films - told MTV that filming on the fourth instalment of the franchise will get underway in 2010.

He said Sam Raimi confirmed the news to him at "his Christmas party", which would corroborate with earlier rumours that Sony were planning a May 2011 release for the superhero sequel.

Meanwhile Simmons had this to say about his fast-talking character: "We've definitely brainstormed ideas for Triple-J, but I have no desire to make Triple-J more of the focus of those movies," he said. "The amount that I did in 1, 2 and 3, is just exactly right. Like be the wolf. Come in, blow in, do a week, blow out, be the comic relief, and hit the road. And let Tobey and everybody else do the heavy lifting."

Progress on the next Spidey film seems to be quickening, with a writer hired for the script, and Raimi already mulling villains. However, neither the director, nor stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have - as yet - officially signed on for the project.
January 19, 2009 @ 08:13 PM
MiamiSkate

another jurrasic park? steven to direct?
January 19, 2009 @ 08:36 PM
tRick

Sorry to break it to you, but Jurassic Park IV won't be happening. Producers Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy told ComingSoon yesterday that there have not been any new developments and that "when [Michael] Crichton passed away, I sorta felt maybe that's it. Maybe that's a sign that we don't mess with it." Crichton sadly died of cancer about a month back. For those that don't know, Crichton was the creator of the Jurassic Park "concept" and wrote the novel in 1990 that eventually became Steven Spielberg's film. Rumors of a Jurassic Park IV have been floating around for a few years, but it's now officially dead.
January 20, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
MiamiSkate

are you serious, ill just wait for another spine chilling steven speilbergxjohn williams
February 19, 2009 @ 07:13 AM
9inchesofsole

Stiller, De Niro and Wilson Returning for Little Fockers
The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog is reporting that Little Fockers, the third installment of the Universal comedy franchise, is moving forward quickly at the studio as John Hamburg has been brought on to write the screenplay after Larry Stuckey wrote an earlier draft.

Jay Roach, who directed the first two films and had been loosely attached to direct this one, will not helm the film. He is instead concentrating on Dinner for Schmucks for DreamWorks and Parkes/Bowles and only will produce "Fockers."

Producers instead are out to a handful of top comedy directors (including Paul Weitz, David Wain, and Peyton Reed) and hope to close a deal imminently for shooting to start as early as summer or fall.

Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro and Owen Wilson are in negotiations to star in Little Fockers, which is expected to revolve around the children of Stiller and Teri Polo, who plays his wife.
February 19, 2009 @ 07:22 AM
Seung-hui Cho

Guy ritchie is currently working on the real rock and rolla so there goes that.
February 19, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

Guy ritchie is currently working on the real rock and rolla so there goes that.

nah the Sherlock Holmes movie is happening they wrote an article about it in the NY Times.

oh and really? Another Meet the Parents movie? Really?

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

February 19, 2009 @ 04:45 PM
pnsho

The Sherlock Holmes movie is happening.

There's a couple of behind-the-scenes pictures released.
February 20, 2009 @ 01:05 PM
thegoodnerd

A few movies coming out soon

The hobbit
Prince of persia
The A team
Harry potter and the deathly hallows (even though the next one didn't come out yet)
February 20, 2009 @ 01:13 PM
9inchesofsole

^^LOL

its been talk about in this thread already.
February 20, 2009 @ 01:57 PM
thegoodnerd

Oh, hah sorry its my first post in this thread.
February 22, 2009 @ 06:01 PM
goodnyou

ive heard the artist "cage" has a movie bein done about his life.

real fucked up
February 22, 2009 @ 06:49 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

wow, idk if that's true but Cage's life would def make a good movie.

February 23, 2009 @ 11:51 AM
goodnyou

wow, idk if that's true but Cage's life would def make a good movie.

yeahhhh hope its true.

i guess shai labeouf is real good friends with cage

www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/47356-shia-labeouf-working-on-cage-biopic

there's all the info
February 23, 2009 @ 01:50 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

that article is like a year old...

February 24, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
goodnyou

oh.

didnt check how old it was.
February 25, 2009 @ 08:30 AM
9inchesofsole

Green Lantern, Sherlock Holmes & Jonah Hex Release Dates
erc BoxOffice reports that Warner Bros. Pictures has set release dates for Green Lantern, Sherlock Holmes and Jonah Hex, while the last "Harry Potter" movie has been scheduled up against The Avengers and Christopher Nolan's Inception faces Thor. Here are a few excerpts:

Today, Warner Bros. announced the official release date for Green Lantern: December 17, 2010. One of the crown jewels of DC Comics, this will no doubt light up the box office over the holiday season, and marks a changing of the guard for superhero movies. Usually, men-in-spandex drop into theatres during the summer months, but with Iron Man 2, Thor, and The Green Hornet all set for summer 2010, DC wisely chose to corner the holiday market instead. Currently, the film is scheduled to debut the same weekend as Sony's big screen adaptation of the Smurfs. Blue vs. Green. I'm putting my money on green and guessing that blue will find another date that is a lot more smurfy.

The final Harry Potter film also locks down a date: 7/15/2011. Previously, the film, which will focus on the second half of the book The Deathly Hallows, was scheduled for Summer 2011. And guess who else is set to open that same weekend...? Marvel's The Avengers.

Yo, Holmes! The studio also announced a new date for Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes: 12/25/09. Previously the Robert Downey Jr. starrer was to open 11/13/09, against Sony's 2012 and Fox's The Tooth Fairy. Now, the film will open Christmas Day along with Fox's Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Disney's The Princess and the Frog, and Universal's Untitled Nancy Meyers Comedy.

Christopher Nolan's sci-fi pic, Inception, which is based on his original script, drops 7/16/10.

Director Jimmy Hayward (Horton Hears a Who!) saddles up Jonah Hex--a western based on the DC comic book character--which rides into theatres 8/6/10. Josh Brolin is set for the title role, while John Malkovich will co-star.
February 26, 2009 @ 11:05 PM
9inchesofsole

A Total Recall Remake is Very Real
Neal H. Moritz and his Original Films are in final negotiations to develop and produce for Columbia Pictures a contemporary version of Total Recall, the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action movie directed by Paul Verhoeven, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The original, based on the Philip K. Dick story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale," follows a man haunted by a recurring dream of journeying to Mars who buys a literal dream vacation from a company called Rekall Inc., which sells implanted memories. The man comes to believe he is a secret agent and ends up on a Martian colony, where he fights to overthrow a despotic ruler controlling the production of air.

The movie explores one of Dick's favorite topics, reality vs. delusion, as audiences never knew whether or not the story was a dream. Either way, the movie grossed a very real $261 million worldwide.

Calling Dick's story "prescient," Moritz said he hoped the advancements in technology and state-of-the-art visual effects can help tell the "Recall" story in a fresh way.

Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group.
February 27, 2009 @ 01:58 AM
Essence0

A Total Recall remake done right could be a very good film, the original was pretty entertaining even with its faults.
February 27, 2009 @ 07:54 PM
Jay_Bird

is peter jackson still workong on "the hobbit"

or he isn't doing it anymore

I'm looking foward to that
July 10, 2009 @ 12:26 PM
9inchesofsole

^
still in the works

Cooper, Reynolds & Timberlake are Green Lantern Frontrunners
In a follow-up to this item, The Hollywood Reporter says that Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds and Justin Timberlake are the three frontrunners for Warner Bros. Pictures' Green Lantern.

Along with director Martin Campbell and producers Donald De Line and Greg Berlanti, Warner Bros. has spent the past five months searching for the actor to play Hal Jordan, the hot-shot Air Force pilot who is chosen by a dying alien to be his successor in an intergalactic police force known as the Green Lanterns.

Other actors in the early mix included Michael Fassbender, Henry Cavill and Jared Leto.

The trade adds that De Line, Campbell and the studio each had a different favorite among the three finalists, making it difficult to come to a consensus.

The studio is targeting a June 17, 2011 release.
July 10, 2009 @ 04:36 PM
Essence0

^^I hope Cooper gets it, Timberlake just doesn't have the acting chops yet and isn't Reynolds supposed to do a Dead Pool movie after the success of Wolverine?, though he would probably be good too.

Please login first to reply.