October 23, 2007 @ 08:46 AM
9inchesofsole

this thread about news and rumors for upcoming movies.

rapper common
there's been rumors that he's one of the actors testing for the part of John Stewart/Green Lantern in Warner Bros.' fast-tracked Justice League movie.

Director Confirmed for Grudge 3
ShockTillYouDrop.com confirmed through a number of sources over the weekend that Toby Wilkins will direct Ghost House Pictures' The Grudge 3. Series staple, both overseas and here in the States, Takashi Shimizu is not expected to return.

An FX vet and the director of The Grudge 2 tie-ins, "Tales of the Grudge," Wilkins is in development on the third chapter while he wraps post-production on the creature feature Splinter for ContentFilm Intl. Ghost House plans to roll cameras as early as January 2008 depending on script development (an unnamed writer is currently at work on a draft).

Official news of a The Grudge 3 arrived last week when producer Sam Raimi touched on the future of his genre production lable Ghost House.
October 23, 2007 @ 11:02 AM
Essence0

I love Common as an emcee and he was aight in Smokin' Aces and will probably be aight in American Gangster but seeing him as Green Lantern would just be weird, I wouldn't know how to react.
October 25, 2007 @ 08:52 AM
9inchesofsole

*The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
director Rob Cohen has revealed this second photo of Jet Li on his Blog and writes:

Just a quick one, family, to give you the first look at Jet Li as the Emperor riding into battle about to re-take command of 5000 terracotta mummies. The sword fight between Jet and Michelle Yeoh that I have been shooting for two days is nothing less than poetry. Such great stars of World Cinema, mano a mano against the desert mountainscape as the whole battle roars behind them. This a landmark day for me and my film.

*Angels & Demons to Start Filming in February
Just yesterday, the Los Angeles Times published an article talking about how Akiva Goldsman is writing non-stop to finish the script for The Da Vinci Code sequel Angels & Demons before the writers strike is expected to happen on Nov. 1.

Now, Variety adds that Columbia Pictures has set a February start date for the film, again to be directed by Ron Howard for a December 19, 2008 release. The trade says the production has begun casting around Tom Hanks, who will reprise his role as Robert Langdon.

Hanks' character, a Harvard-based expert on religious symbols, this time sleuths a mystery that involves a secret society and a conspiracy that leads to Vatican City and threatens the future of the Catholic Church.

Dan Brown wrote "Angels & Demons" prior to "The Da Vinci Code," but after the first film grossed $218 million domestic and $758 million worldwide, the studio made a deal with Goldsman to turn the earlier novel into a sequel.
October 25, 2007 @ 08:56 AM
magneticman

angels and demons is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than da vinci code, but the movie sucked so bad...
October 25, 2007 @ 09:42 AM
9inchesofsole

G.I. Joe Starts Casting for a February Start
Paramount Pictures has begun casting for G.I. Joe to start filming in mid-February 2008 in Prague and Los Angeles. Stephen Sommers (Van Helsing, The Mummy Returns, The Mummy) will direct from a script by Stuart Beattie.

The studio is currently calling the film Untitled Stephen Sommers Project.

Produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura, the live-action feature is based on Hasbro's line of action figures. The mythology of G.I Joe was fleshed out during the 1980s through 155 issues of Marvel Comics, as well as an animated TV series. There are about 30 core characters, good and evil, that can be exploited in films.
October 25, 2007 @ 10:18 AM
tomoffin

^gonna be awesome!
October 31, 2007 @ 09:17 AM
9inchesofsole

New Director for Live-Action Akira
UK, October 30, 2007 - A live-action version of the seminal post-apocalyptic Manga film Akira could finally be making its way to the big screen.

Warner Bros., according to Bloody-Disgusting.com, has reportedly hired Irish helmer Ruairi Robinson to direct this crazy tale of bikers, psychics and giant teddybears crying milk, all set in futuristic, dystopian Tokyo.

This will be the first time Robinson has directed a feature, although he did make the atmospheric short Silent City. He also received an Oscar nomination for another short, Fifty Percent Grey.
The project has been in the works for a while, with Warner Bros. announcing that Stephen Norrington (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) would direct from a script from James Robinson, although that deal fell through in 2003.

It is rumoured the studio is currently fast-tracking the project to shoot before the impending writers strike.

Statham Still Cranked
Sequel to high-octane thriller announced.
He may have fallen out of a helicopter at the end of the first Crank, but a little thing like that isn't going to stop Jason Statham reprising the role of hitman Chelios for a sequel.

According to Variety, directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor are set to start filming Crank 2: High Voltage for Lionsgate when they complete their current project Game.

In the new instalment, the hard-as-nails assassin faces a Chinese mobster who's stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery powered model that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working. Expect the understandably annoyed Chelios to embark on another vengeful rampage.

He may have fallen out of a helicopter at the end of the first Crank, but a little thing like that isn't going to stop Jason Statham reprising the role of hitman Chelios for a sequel.

Game is a futuristic thriller starring Gerry Butler, Micheal C. Hall and Alison Lohman and is set to start shooting next week in Albuquerque.
October 31, 2007 @ 10:18 AM
Christdawg

Howard the duck 2 confirmed.
October 31, 2007 @ 10:27 AM
Citizen-16657

OMFG......Howard the Duck 2 I have been waiting for that for over half my life!!!

I am camping out for this one
October 31, 2007 @ 08:48 PM
9inchesofsole

New Conan
ComingSoon.net has your first look at teaser posters for Millennium Films' new Conan movie, based on Robert E. Howard's mythical conqueror Conan the Barbarian. The company said earlier this year that the new version will be more faithful to Howard's original creation than were the Arnold Schwarzenegger films

Tekken Poster and Onimusha News!
We've got your first look at the new teaser poster for Screen Gems' adaptation of the Tekken video game from Namco. The story centers on two childhood friends who enter a worldwide martial arts tournament. As they progress, the pals move toward uncovering a secret that lies within the mysterious Tekken Corp. Charles Stone will direct.

In other game-to-film news, ComingSoon.net has learned that Christophe Gans' (Silent Hill) adaptation of video game Onimusha is expected to roll cameras in April of 2008. From Capcom, the game centers on a demon-fighting samurai.

October 31, 2007 @ 11:34 PM
XnuggetX

I wish they would make a Fatal Fury live action i dont care about Tekken.

heres the Conan teaser poster....
www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38941

also I think the Wanted movie looks awesome. Ive never read the novels but now i want to.
October 31, 2007 @ 11:37 PM
XnuggetX

I cant believe they are making a Tekken movie. I want them to make a Fatal Fury live action movie.

Also if you havent seen it heres the Wanted trailer I think it looks awesome.
I want to read the novels now.

movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809878244/video/4771511/standardformat
November 5, 2007 @ 09:52 AM
9inchesofsole

Marvel Studios' Updated Slate of Projects
Marvel Entertainment released its 3rd Quarter earnings for 2007 and included its updated Marvel Studios slate of projects. Here is what the company is developing.

Feature Film Projects Being Developed by Marvel
November 5, 2007 @ 09:01 PM
ex's

Kill Bill Vols 3 and 4.
ive heard from a few sources.

Sin City 2 and 3. with the possibility of Johny Depp in 3.
2s comming out 2008

Another Greek mythology based movie from frank miller within the next couple years. alot like 300. possibly Medusa?
November 6, 2007 @ 06:24 AM
JStorm803

Lol at Howard the Duck 2, eh and I'm still iffy on this live action Akira movie.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

November 6, 2007 @ 09:34 AM
9inchesofsole

kill bill 3 and 4??? why??? i think they pushed back sin city 2 til 2009
November 6, 2007 @ 06:25 PM
ex's

kill bill 3 and 4 is suposed to be based on the uma thermans daughter and that other girl getting revenge.. yeah.
November 7, 2007 @ 09:25 AM
9inchesofsole

oh yea i forgot bout her daughter and Vernita Green daughter.
November 7, 2007 @ 12:38 PM
SoleFresh87

ummmm Tekken movie sounds really better than the upcoming MK3 movie never really heard the buzz behind the Onimusha flim , but what about the Devil May Cry flick ? and i just passed by DarkHorizons.com they're really actually going with the DBZ live action flick ehhh ...i dont knw about that i still have my judgements ...why in the hell are they making Grugde 3 ? the last one sucked the directors or producers didnt get that hint ? ...

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

November 7, 2007 @ 04:45 PM
damnwitless1

kill bill 3 and 4 is suposed to be based on the uma thermans daughter and that other girl getting revenge.. yeah.

if that's the plot then it's must see

EDIT: Only if QT's directing

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

November 7, 2007 @ 04:52 PM
9inchesofsole

ummmm Tekken movie sounds really better than the upcoming MK3 movie never really heard the buzz behind the Onimusha flim , but what about the Devil May Cry flick ? and i just passed by DarkHorizons.com they're really actually going with the DBZ live action flick ehhh ...i dont knw about that i still have my judgements ...why in the hell are they making Grugde 3 ? the last one sucked the directors or producers didnt get that hint ? ...

yea their filming it right now in canada.
November 7, 2007 @ 09:23 PM
AboveSb

Crank 2, YEEEE! I knew he wasn't dead after he fell out of a helicopter and leveled an SUV in the process.
November 7, 2007 @ 09:55 PM
SoleFresh87

yea their filming it right now in canada.

^^good , i also read that they're fliming the Wolverine spinoff flick in Europe some where or was that Canada , and its suppose to be a prequel taking back to the 70's ..yeah the 70's ... any body know when can we see some trailers of the Hulk 2 flick and Indiana Jones , im guessing around chirstmas time with the bigger flkicks coming out next month ? ......

and the Underworld prequel /sequel isnt going to have the main chick in this one ...i think its going to do bad ..i lost total track of the Underworld flims since the 2nd one ...

November 8, 2007 @ 02:24 PM
islandkochan

if that's the plot then it's must see

Last I heard QT wanted to "give the characters some rest"; I think it was in a conan interview or something. Maybe the rest won't take too long. Or maybe he'll wait for the original actresses of the daughters to grow up, ha.
November 10, 2007 @ 12:58 PM
9inchesofsole

Mark Wahlberg is Max Payne
20th Century Fox has signed Mark Wahlberg to star in Max Payne, a live-action adaptation of the bestselling Rockstar video game that will begin shooting early next year. John Moore will direct.

Variety says Wahlberg is negotiating to play the titular cop who is haunted by the tragic loss of his family and has little regard for rules as he investigates a series of mysterious murders. He finds himself up against an adversary bent on destroying Max and the streets he protects.

The script was written by Beau Thorne. Julie Yorn is producing through Firm Films, along with Scott Faye.

^Cant Wait For This Shit.

Bay to Throw Off Fans on Transformers 2
Transformers director Michael Bay is looking to avoid what he had to go through for the first film. For the sequel, they will be leaking false info to fans to keep them off track of what they are really doing. He tells Rotten Tomatoes:

One thing I do know is I know how to screw them up more," said Bay. "We're going to leak a lot of false information all over the place. I now know their game. They're going to get a lot of script treatments that they think are going to be the script. They will never see the script. We've got scripts and treatments written up that we're going to leak. No one's going to know."

Scoopers who currently think they're sitting on a hot one, here's a head's up. "There's one out that's fake right now. There are going to be many others."

Transformers 2 is scheduled for a June 26, 2009 release.

JLA, G.I. Joe, TF2 and Wolverine Updates
Variety has published yet another article on the projects that might or might not have difficulty starting because of the writers strike. Here are clips on Justice League, G.I. Joe, Transformers 2 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine:

Major tentpoles are the most vulnerable should the strike drag on. Warner Bros. execs are nervous about how to proceed with "Justice League of America," which is still uncast and is a crucial potential franchise boasting popular DC Comics characters. While WB expects to move ahead on most of its projects, if the strike extends past February, the studio will have some reevaluating to do.

Paramount, on the other hand, threw four pricey A-list scribes at would-be $100-million franchise "G.I. Joe," which is scheduled to start shooting in February, and swears that the move paid off. Stuart Beattie ("3:10 to Yuma"), John Lee Hancock ("A Perfect World") and Brian Koppleman and David Levien ("Ocean's Thirteen") teamed up in an intense collaboration that yielded, according to di Bonaventura, a shootable script. But will the studio be willing to take a chance on shooting such an important, costly tentpole? The studio insists it will, partly because it isn't chasing big-name stars.

"We have to make sure the actors are not only good but perfectly suited to their roles," says di Bonaventura.

DreamWorks/Par's "Transformers 2" is far enough along to proceed with pre-production, location scouting and advance VFX work, but will face serious issues if the strike continues for several months. Michael Bay's megabudget sequel isn't set to start filming until June. Di Bonaventura's "Edwin A. Salt" will likely be pushed back, too.

Fox is moving full speed ahead with its "X-Men" spinoff "Wolverine," even though many roles are still uncast. Unlike "X-Men," "Wolverine" rests solidly on Hugh Jackman's shoulders.

On "X-Men" pics, Parker admits, writers Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn were making adjustments throughout production. "Wolverine" will have no such luxury. Most action sequences will be handled in f/x animation.
November 10, 2007 @ 09:19 PM
SoleFresh87

Mark Walburg huh ??ummm i can see that , i hope its way better than this Hitman crap thats coming out ...

is it actually True that TF2 is going to explain where the bots came from or is it too ealry to explain

November 13, 2007 @ 07:21 PM
9inchesofsole

Strike Watchrazzossible Delays-Transformers 2, X-Files, Wolverine, G.I. Joe, JLA & More
Damn Strike.....

November 12, 2007 - With Hollywood's screenwriters on strike, and talks between the scribes and studios seemingly at a standstill, a number of highly-anticipated movie projects are in danger of being indefinitely delayed. Even after a "finished" screenplay is turned in, changes are frequently made to film scripts during filming. With the strike going on, that can't happen. This scenario is forcing studios to only move ahead with projects that they have serious confidence in.

Which of the flicks you're looking forward to might not make it into production? Variety has an in-depth look at the situation and updates on over a dozen different films that could go either way.

Writer Paul Haggis tells the trade that Bond 22's script is not locked, so Sony may end up extending the planned December start date for Daniel Craig's sophomore outing as 007.

Variety scoops that the casting situation with Justice League -- no cast members are locked -- has Warner Bros. execs wringing their hands. The studio also faces trouble with The Incredible Mr. Limpet if the strike extends beyond February. And they'll also have to delay Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins if it goes into April. Warners does reportedly have a locked script for the live-action Jetsons movie, however.

Could G.I. Joe be a no-go? Not likely. Paramount recently hired four big-time scripters (Stuart Beattie, John Lee Hancock, Brian Koppleman and David Levien) to make sure the film will have no problems when it comes time to shoot in February. Variety adds that Joe has the additional plus of not relying on megastars that require huge paydays. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura explains that their casting search is more about finding actors that are perfectly suited to their roles, regardless of their billing clout.

Transformers 2, which Michael Bay is set to start filming in June, could run into problems if the strike lasts for more than a few months. As could Disney's game-to-film adaptation of Prince of Persia which is slated to go before cameras around the same time next summer.

Wolverine is still ramping up, but will likely have to rely on visual effects gurus to craft the action sequences during post-production, Variety says.

The newly greenlighted X-Files movie sequel will probably be fine, as the studio has invested too much money in the production already. It starts filming in December with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their roles from Chris Carter's hit FOX show.

The big-budget remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, starring Keanu Reeves, is also expected to move forward at 20th Century Fox.

Finally, Universal is reportedly mulling their options on Land of the Lost, the forthcoming Will Ferrell comedy redo of the campy TV classic. Also on the bubble at Uni are Benicio del Toro's Wolfman, and Ridley Scott's Nottingham.
November 13, 2007 @ 07:44 PM
Mr Chubbs

My life is complete if they are making more kill bill movies.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

November 14, 2007 @ 12:54 AM
SoleFresh87

ummmm yeah these strikes are being a pain in the ass foreal, at least Heroes isnt in hot water due to stikes so thats good .....

and yeah Why are they making a damn X-Files movie sequel ? how long has it been since the 1st and i didnt even understand that one ....what a waste ..

G.I Joe is waste also , no one cares , Transformers was a wayyy better series than this

That Keanu flick sounds great , they should consider a Constantine flick >sad

November 16, 2007 @ 08:47 AM
9inchesofsole

New Line Books Friday the 13th, 2009
New Line Cinema has set the release date for the new Friday the 13th movie for, appropriately, February 13, 2009. The revamp of the Jason Voorhees franchise will be directed by Marcus Nispel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift.

Rogen and Banks Make a Porno
Seth Rogen (Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin) and Elizabeth Banks ("Spider-Man" films) will star in writer/director Kevin Smith's Zack & Miri Make a Porno for The Weinstein Company and Dimension Films.

Film reunites the pair, who appeared together in The 40-Year-Old Virgin.

The story revolves around two lifelong platonic friends who are deep in debt and enlist the help of their friends to make a porn pic for some quick cash. But Zack and Miri realize that they may have more feelings for each other than they previously thought.

Shooting is scheduled to begin in January in Pittsburgh.

^This Is Gonna Be Hilarious.

Please login first to reply.