Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 13, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
latrellspree99

Will Wassup Rockers was awful, as was Paranoid Park which was not directed by Clark but by Van Sant (although he did produce Kids) so I don't really get the point of grouping those four. Also of those four Kids is by far the best.

Bad Education or la mala educacion my least favorite Almodovar flick the way he made the actors acting within a movie in the movie made it pretty hard to follow (hard to write too).

Pi what the fuck.

And to all the Eternal Sunshine haters your fucking crazy the movie was great and in no way laughable.
January 13, 2009 @ 09:20 PM
latrellspree99

I don't really get a lot of Season 5 of the Wire, well I get it but I don't like that it's there, is it out on dvd yet?

Akira like Will, but it didn't bore me I thought it was ill.
January 13, 2009 @ 09:22 PM
Tofuspeedstar

I was 10 when I watched Fight Club, I didn't know wtf was going on.

I watched again a few years later, totally got it.
January 13, 2009 @ 11:01 PM
SwissMissFire

Matrix 3, i thought by now there would be a fourth one after that ending. The original Matrix took me a little while to get, but I was younger.
January 14, 2009 @ 12:37 AM
Darter

You're on point.

I thought this as well. I also thought that his speech at the end meant that the older generations are losing grasp of the younger generation. He, as the sheriff, can't pursue the bad guy anymore. Just like in the real world, the bad guy gets away. His father was also a lawman like himself, and in that first dream he had, he loses the money, or metaphorically, his responsibility. In his second dream, he has to meet up with his father; he's already retired and his dad is probably already in heaven. Tommy is contemplating if he has made his father proud. He seems to have lived an unproductive, almost worthless life as a sheriff. Notice how lazy and 'relaxed' he seems in his everyday life. That ties in to his going to be judged when he dies.

And the fact that Anton gets into the car accident goes to show that although he represents death itself, he's very much vulnerable to it like everybody else is. Life is dull, and we all die someday.

Shit.. took the words out of my mouth. Sometimes I think I analyze movies to much, especially with this movie. A lot of people I talk to about the movie didn't think it went that far. Good to hear I'm not crazy and the movie was meant to portray those themes.
January 14, 2009 @ 12:56 AM
pnsho

I personally think I just hit the main themes, if those are the main themes.

A lot of people have different views about the ending and whatnot. They're pretty solid opinions, though.
January 14, 2009 @ 01:47 AM
Darter

I personally think I just hit the main themes, if those are the main themes.

A lot of people have different views about the ending and whatnot. They're pretty solid opinions, though.

Yeah its easy to interpret it differently , the meaning isnt set in stone.I only saw it once when it was in theaters and I really want to see it again so I can pick up other themes that aren't as obvious in the movie.I think I took it the same way you did based off you last post though.
January 14, 2009 @ 02:41 AM
Joe_

there will be blood

i dont get wtf is good about it??

should be called there will be boredom
January 14, 2009 @ 04:32 AM
ReZ

there will be blood

daniel. day. lewis.
great cinematography as well.
January 14, 2009 @ 03:07 PM
Mike Lowrey

x-men last stand... Cool movie but, why did wolverine have to kill that bitch. He could have just poked her with those darts. And how did jean survive that wave thing at the lake. And what happens the fire man guy?

darts might've worked on jean but the phoenix wasn't a mutant.

The answer they give in the movie is ass. Brett ratner should stick to action/comedys and music videos. At the end of x2 u see her flying in the water(sidenote: Really pissed me off that she did'nt turn into the fiery phoenix bird in x3) but in 3 they say shes been wrapped in some kind of energy cocoon, who knows? As for pyro if the army didn't pick his ass up pretty sure he woke up and got off the island like everybody else.
January 14, 2009 @ 05:55 PM
Hamez

daniel. day. lewis.

although true,i dont think that really answers his question
January 14, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
pnsho

there will be blood

should be called there will be boredom

It's good just because of one line: I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

But for serious, Daniel Day-Lewis represents the corrupt man. Watch how he goes to the church and fronts, just to get his hands on some oil.

Now throw that message onto the modern-day situation with the USA and the Middle East. Get it?
January 14, 2009 @ 06:14 PM
Darter

daniel. day. lewis.

Yeah some scenes in the movie would make a beautiful poster or something, movie is a piece of art.

I found it exciting as hell because the struggle between the that kid and Lewis. Watching them duke it out to see who was really on top and above the other was interesting. I really liked the end because it's so unexpected. You see Lewis miserable even though he has everything he wanted and the kid tries to shove it in his face but Lewis gets the last word. I still wonder at times who truly came out on top in the end.
January 14, 2009 @ 07:53 PM
Quickstriker

Just seen a movie called War with Jet Li. I was like WTF at the end. Most of the movie made no sense. Here you have two cops. One cop is Asian, and one is white. The Asian Cop does not have an accent what so ever and really just speaks perfect english, then apparently get's killed-but not really, then I guess gets plastic surgery done to look like his assassin-now follow me here and starts seeking revenge on everyone who was involved in killing his family. Now I guess the plastic surgeon is some kind of genius who not only turns him into Jet Li but also knows how to turn a well spoken Asian cop into a non English speaking Jet Li haha and then the white cop turns out to be crooked even though in the whole movie he acts like the hero! WTF. It's retarded. Some good senseless violence though but wack movie!
January 14, 2009 @ 07:56 PM
pnsho

The only problem I had with War was that same one you posted: the Asian cop fakes his death and reinvents himself as a non-speaking English killer in a span of what? A month?
January 14, 2009 @ 08:04 PM
Quickstriker

The only problem I had with War was that same one you posted: the Asian cop fakes his death and reinvents himself as a non-speaking English killer in a span of what? A month?

Yeah it was a retarded premise. haha going from proper english speaking family man cop to a super skilled kung fu Assassin non english speaking, subtitles needing Jet Li WTF! A lot of bad acting and cliches in that one too. I give it a 2 1/2 out of 10
January 14, 2009 @ 11:26 PM
A.B.Y.S.S.

Yeah it was a retarded premise. haha going from proper english speaking family man cop to a super skilled kung fu Assassin non english speaking, subtitles needing Jet Li WTF! A lot of bad acting and cliches in that one too. I give it a 2 1/2 out of 10

it was another attempt by the powers that be to make some machiavelli type movie. it needed more story to support the key elements. like already stated, who almost gets killed and then decides to assume the killers' identity to found out who tried to kill him in that kinda timeframe?
January 15, 2009 @ 09:45 AM
Karla Winslow

Vanilla Sky gave me a mind splosion!

My friends and I all left the theater like what in the hell just happened. No country for old men sorta did the same to me with the ending, it made no sense to me sad
January 15, 2009 @ 10:07 AM
Domo

The Forgotten...no idea what is going on there
January 15, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
Quickstriker

it was another attempt by the powers that be to make some machiavelli type movie. it needed more story to support the key elements. like already stated, who almost gets killed and then decides to assume the killers' identity to found out who tried to kill him in that kinda timeframe?

Straight dumb!
January 15, 2009 @ 09:38 PM
krn_zmb

just watched donnie darko annnnnnnnnnnd i wasn't too confused on what was going on. I think i have the idea of the main premise. There was a few things here and there that im still not clear about but i think i get the idea.
January 16, 2009 @ 07:09 PM
Krooks

toy story 1

why the fuck is there a talking potato!??!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

fail
January 16, 2009 @ 07:10 PM
Krooks

Boogeyman was dumb as fuck
January 16, 2009 @ 08:41 PM
DeekO

first time i saw 2001: a space odyssey

I had to read essays on that shit until I understood it

....but now I consider it pure genius

kubrick is genius
January 17, 2009 @ 10:29 PM
cs02132

eon flux or some shit like that..i was litteraly sitting there the entire time thinking what the fuck just happened
January 19, 2009 @ 03:34 AM
ddot1212

can anyone shed some light on Funny Games?
January 19, 2009 @ 03:50 AM
Citizen-16657

^^^please tell me you are joking.........title explains it all
January 21, 2009 @ 03:54 AM
krn_zmb

Just finished Mulholland Drive and wow.... fuck you david lynch.
Quite confused in the beginning but it took me awhile to understand what was going on.

+rep for the lesbian scenes
January 21, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
THiZZ

Just got No Country for old men...and WTF!? im confused about the ending...

-THiZZ
January 21, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
mrobles

umm theres a movie that I loved that came out about 2-3yrs. Everytime I show it to anyone they trip out, or they just dont get it. Its called PRIMER.

and if u want to see a movie that blurs the lines of reality and is a total mind-f**k watch ZERO DAY

Please login first to reply.