Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
March 30, 2007 @ 09:33 PM
nagz999

i finished watching the movie and it was pretty good but i was wondering if all that shit still happens man??

BEDLAM

March 30, 2007 @ 09:37 PM

Inactive

If people still get murdered? I dont understand the question.
March 30, 2007 @ 09:39 PM
nagz999

yeah getting murdered, shot, drive bys, my territory and shit, and gangs and i mean murders still happen but like in boyz nthe hood if u ppl have seen it

BEDLAM

March 30, 2007 @ 09:58 PM

Inactive

Of course it still happens. And, its happened in different shapes and forms well befor ethis movie was made. i think Boyz N the Hood was less about the violence of a particular ghetto more than it was a general comment on the cycle of violence in America in general.
March 31, 2007 @ 07:19 AM

Inactive

Yeah well, I actually got that from John Singleton...He said that it was set in a ghetto but he couldve set it any where in this country and used slightly different circumstances and the movie would have been the same. Great movie though...to bad he never made a good film again and right after this film...with the exception of Menace II Society the hood flick genre became cliche, explotative and shitty.
March 31, 2007 @ 01:31 PM
OldeEngri$h

Yeah that movie is one of my favorites. John Singleton also did Four Brothers, which is another one of my fav movies.
March 31, 2007 @ 04:18 PM
Jay_Bird

this was cuba gooding jr. only good movie

and he was still a lil bitch in this movie

cube shined in this movie though

yall notice,that part were cube,and his boys beat up that crackhead who snatch that dude chain,that dude had an nwa shirt on,lmao
March 31, 2007 @ 04:44 PM

Inactive

Menace II Society was a good film but imo it isnt better than Boyz N The Hood. I think that Menace went more for shock value, shoot em up like action scenes and over the top situations and acting (Charles Dutton anyone) "THE HUNT IS ON AND YOU'RE THE PREY!" lol please. I think Boyz was a much more focused and concentrated film with more of a message while Menace was good storytelling and was entertaining it kind of more or less took characters and made charicutures out of them...theres the muslim dude, the crazy gangsta, the rapper....But I liked it lol. WTF is up with the Hughes brothers btw...I thought Dead Presidents was pretty good as well...american pimp and that movie they did with Johnny Dep...not so much...but they havent done shit since.
March 31, 2007 @ 07:51 PM
Jay_Bird

menace to socity should not be compared to boyz n da hood

I mean the chracters in menace to socity was way cooler,then the characters in boyz n da hood

but boyz n da hood,had jaw dropping scenessuprised
March 31, 2007 @ 07:54 PM

Inactive

They're both films in the same gangster hood genre....

why not?
April 1, 2007 @ 12:26 AM
SoleFresh87

Boyz n da hood was great and epic but mence and all the others trickled down from that one movie ,yep great movies ,,, about boyz in da hood though Why in the hell was Ricky the football star looking at a damn lottery ticket while his life was at stake , ...and is it just me or the shooter in the little red car looked like lil bow wow, huuuum he might be a gansgter rapper after all, lol

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

April 1, 2007 @ 01:22 AM
Tutankhamun

...and is it just me or the shooter in the little red car looked like lil bow wow, huuuum he might be a gansgter rapper after all, lol

Lil Bow Wow was Baby Bow Wow when this film came out.
April 1, 2007 @ 08:18 AM
Drebrooklyn

damn i watched this money over 50 times
April 2, 2007 @ 10:53 PM
SoleFresh87

razz yeah i know that Tutankhamun , it was a comparison ,the guy with the elmer fud shot gun LOOKED LIKE bow wow , jezze people cant take a joke....get cork outta your ass, and laugh razz razz razz razz

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

April 3, 2007 @ 03:40 AM
clockwork416

Menace II Society was good but Boyz N The Hood was a groundbreaking film. Eventually a classic.
April 12, 2007 @ 04:29 PM
Sushi732

this movie is so good, i watch it all the time before school when i eat my breakfast. does anyone know the song thats playing in the red car around the begining of the movie when the guy in the car who looks like bow wow points the gun at tre???
April 12, 2007 @ 08:35 PM
darkmatter

ive watched B.N.T.H in my life more than any movie..remembered the whole thing verbatim in the 3-4th grade...when it came out and my moms took me to see it in the theatre..then got that shit on vhs..used to watch it all day long......M.II.S is good but cant top B.N.T.H....
April 12, 2007 @ 08:59 PM
Jay_Bird

the dude,that shot ricky,with that sawed-off shotgun

he use to be a westcoast rapper,I forgot his name
April 14, 2007 @ 09:16 AM
Iason

I think that Menace went more for shock value, shoot em up like action scenes and over the top situations and acting

That being said, Larenz Tate puts in a better performance in Menace then anyone else that was in M2S or Boyz.
April 14, 2007 @ 09:24 AM

Inactive

^ I'd cosign that.
April 20, 2007 @ 03:01 AM
GranzoRico

yea its all real in the movies. i was born and raised in LA some hoods are worst then others tho so not all are that bad
April 20, 2007 @ 09:09 PM
Jay_Bird

mc eiht was my fave character in that movie for some reason
May 6, 2007 @ 09:24 PM
Rapkingpen

Boyz in the Hood... I loved the movie I felt it was Cuba's best.
May 8, 2007 @ 02:30 PM
Tutankhamun

Somebody hasn't seen Snow Dogs...
May 8, 2007 @ 02:46 PM
FlavaSava

Yeah it does.. you should visit some time.
May 8, 2007 @ 02:52 PM
The Cool Kid

Menace II Society was a good film but imo it isnt better than Boyz N The Hood. I think that Menace went more for shock value, shoot em up like action scenes and over the top situations and acting (Charles Dutton anyone) "THE HUNT IS ON AND YOU'RE THE PREY!" lol please. I think Boyz was a much more focused and concentrated film with more of a message while Menace was good storytelling and was entertaining it kind of more or less took characters and made charicutures out of them...theres the muslim dude, the crazy gangsta, the rapper....But I liked it lol. WTF is up with the Hughes brothers btw...I thought Dead Presidents was pretty good as well...american pimp and that movie they did with Johnny Dep...not so much...but they havent done shit since.

Both were dope...I was reading an interview with the Hughes Bros. and they said they made Menace II Society as a response to Boyz N The Hood which they said didn't portray the true "reality" of living in South Central during that era. They felt is sugar coated a lot, so they made Menace to more closely resemble what they felt was the ghetto.

I personally liked Menace better, it was dope storytelling and entertainment, but it did have a message. It was powerful and shocking at the same time.
May 14, 2007 @ 05:03 PM
Hells Bells

overrated but had an impact and a message
May 19, 2007 @ 07:18 PM
FxJOSEPHxF

Either they don't know, wont show, or don't care about whats going on in the hood.

^^or something like that.
May 20, 2007 @ 12:13 AM
Rapkingpen

Boyz in the Hood classic movie no doubt about it, the message and everything.

I remember back in like 91 or 91, I was like 5 or 6, my dad used to play it over and over.
May 20, 2007 @ 03:47 AM

Inactive

The reason the movie was so good (for me) because it was so life like,thats shit that happens everyday.Same thing with the first Friday movie.a

So everyday in real life hoods, entire neighborhoods (armed to the teeth) get punked by one lazy-eyed dude that rides a bike carrying his moms kitchen knife?

Wow, so much for street cred.

Please login first to reply.