pnsho

Not too shabby. 9.7/10.
March 17, 2007 @ 05:07 PM
Tekkaman

wassup rockers, ... kinda sucked
March 19, 2007 @ 02:39 PM

Inactive

North Country.

Dunno why Charlize Theron insists on playing unatractive women....and shes taking movie roles away from the truly ugly braods with talent.

I always liked Woody Harelson..dunno why he's not used more.

I thought the movie was ok, but it seems like its been done before.
March 19, 2007 @ 02:52 PM
tommyroks

^word on charlize.

300 on imax..soo gangsta
March 19, 2007 @ 05:16 PM

Inactive

Just watched American Splendor again on cable.

I reallly like this movie and the soundtrack even more. Ive seen it maybe 4 times...
March 19, 2007 @ 05:20 PM
DaVinci

Harh Times with Christian Bale and Freddy Rodriguez and Eva Longoria
March 20, 2007 @ 02:18 AM
Theseventhletter

great thread succesful bout time i stickied itsmile
March 20, 2007 @ 06:39 AM

Inactive

woohoo I win
March 20, 2007 @ 06:34 PM
nucky

The last one that I saw in the theater was the departed, which was great IMO. wait, I lied, I saw 300 which was neat.`
March 22, 2007 @ 05:55 PM
Bumpy Johnson

300 was good...long story tho
March 22, 2007 @ 06:00 PM
soundbomber

The Prestige, such a great movie IMO.
March 22, 2007 @ 07:10 PM
liquidlexus

Momento

this is another one of christopher nolan's films and i think his best he has made. althought the Prestige is on point too.
March 23, 2007 @ 11:39 AM
redd248

Just rented Harsh Times and movie was sic!
March 23, 2007 @ 11:42 AM
killa

300 if a fricken classic
better than gladiator
March 23, 2007 @ 01:05 PM
rico227

yes, like every other person on this thread, last movie i saw was 300, last night... was a baaaad ass movie... i think i wanna see it again in imax
March 23, 2007 @ 04:10 PM
Henrito0

not to be a "copy Cat" but also i seen 300

Great frekin movie
March 24, 2007 @ 07:23 PM

Inactive

thumbs down...
March 25, 2007 @ 12:30 AM
Tutankhamun

I just finished watching Heavy Metal on IFC.

It's kind of fucked up but I noticed it seemed to have an influence on a lot of recent films. The one that sticks out in my mind the most is Sin City. If you have a couple hours to waste and some weed, then I suggest you watch it.
March 25, 2007 @ 10:53 AM
Tekkaman

Little Miss Sunshine.... kinda liked it
March 25, 2007 @ 11:06 AM

Inactive

Wassup Rockers.
March 25, 2007 @ 11:18 AM
rico227

thumbs down...

i don't want to start a whole friggin debate about it... but just curious as to why u didn't like it...
March 25, 2007 @ 07:50 PM

Inactive

In short...

I realize that this is a fantasy film and that in these type of films the characters are usually totally bad or totally good but the lack of moral ambiguity within any of the characters showed to me that the characters where one dimensional and underdeveloped. The greeks where chizled like Gods and 100% morally upright and the Persians where twistedly deformed or freakish looking and 100% evil. This wouldnt be that big of a deal if this was based on fictional races of people...but if I was of Persian ethnicity I'd be a little offended at the implications of this film.

Also, I thought the dialouge was past dramatic and rapidly moved into the corny stratosphere. The greeks and Persians had fucking British accents for Gods sake...wtf.

I thought the action scenes where visually cool for the first couple of scenes but then it was the same shit...we get it..slow motion of muthafuckas getting thier heads severed...ok now what.

Also, I caught a not to subtle pro-George Bush pro-Iraq war agenda in this film that rubbed me the wrong way...Wasnt that subtle either. A noble man goes to the wise men (The U.N) and asks if he should go in the war the wise men reject it...but the noble man goes in it alone...under equpied...under manned...but morally upright...blah blah blah....it was eye roll enducing...

I mean...I think people are really hyped on this movie simply cuz it looks cool. The scenery, the ultra violence...but all that shit covered up for the stupidity of the whole thing imo. I think if people would have never been telling me "this movie kicks ass" over and over...I wouldnt have been disapointed.
March 26, 2007 @ 07:12 PM
DaVinci

There was stuff on the news about how the now Persians were angry over the way they were misrepresented....I think tthats silly, some of the chracters were made up and never existed

I thought it was fresh though

LEts go to Prison- Not so Much
March 26, 2007 @ 07:19 PM

Inactive

I can totally understand why Persian would be upset about how the film depicted them. Whether they where fictional or not in the film...they where all fucking dispicable looking and behaving, its an over generalization. Better bielve if they came out with amovie with all black people depicted like that Id be extremly pissed.
March 26, 2007 @ 07:28 PM
DaVinci

Heres the actor that Played Xerces in 300, I thought in the movie it was Jason Taylor..

March 26, 2007 @ 07:39 PM
CEL

The Host, it was awsome
March 26, 2007 @ 10:59 PM
thephreak

Blood Daimond, pretty good

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

March 27, 2007 @ 09:34 AM
DaVinci

Also, I caught a not to subtle pro-George Bush pro-Iraq war agenda in this film that rubbed me the wrong way...Wasnt that subtle either. A noble man goes to the wise men (The U.N) and asks if he should go in the war the wise men reject it...but the noble man goes in it alone...under equpied...under manned...but morally upright...blah blah blah....it was eye roll enducing...
QUOTE]

I dont really see how thats pro Iraq war, its a different set of circumstances, the Persians were going to invade their kingdom and take over/destroy it, as they had been doingwith the others. He didnt want to end up like the other kings who had been conquered=killed. George Bush Invaded Iraq, they werent invading the US
March 27, 2007 @ 10:00 AM

Inactive

just saw the new marky mark movie it was pretty good
March 27, 2007 @ 12:24 PM

Inactive

I dont really see how thats pro Iraq war, its a different set of circumstances, the Persians were going to invade their kingdom and take over/destroy it, as they had been doingwith the others. He didnt want to end up like the other kings who had been conquered=killed. George Bush Invaded Iraq, they werent invading the US

And, Im not saying Im right. I'm saying what I got from the movie. People interpret different shit in different ways and thats the feeling Im getting. And, things can be similar or have a hidden message within it without being totally the same. Theres situations that coincide with the Iraq aituation in the movie to me but not every single moment. Besides, some of the justification that George Bush uses is that whole "we have to get them before they get us" mentality. In the film the Persians hadnt invaded yet the Spartans going to war was more or less a premptive strike ala the Iraq war. And, Im not gonna argue semantics because for something to have an agenda doesnt mean that every fact has to be exactly the same, even if i didnt get the whole invasion part out of it, the situation where he goes and talks to the older men who persuade him not to go, and them going totally under manned and under equpied is very analogous with the current war imo. And, Im not even sayin that this was the intention of the writer or the director, its just the vibe I got from it.

Please login first to reply.