Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
March 10, 2007 @ 05:25 PM
soundbomber

I saw the movie last night. The CGI was amazing and the choreography was sheer genius.
March 10, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
TheCityOfChi

great ass movie saw it today killing+sex=amazing movie
March 10, 2007 @ 08:46 PM
Grand Hussla

Is this movie really worth seeing?

I'm goin out to see it tomorrow, it looks real good but I don't know ... alot of movies look good but they suck. Anyone seen it yet?
March 10, 2007 @ 08:49 PM
MisfitProdigy

yeah it's good
March 11, 2007 @ 04:09 AM
JoHnFLeM

I just seen the movie. Its pretty much a fact that I would not ever need to see this on IMAX. But if I did it would make the whole thing better. It makes me want to go out and fight in the name of my lord right now. Seriously.
March 11, 2007 @ 07:58 AM
kev10187

So who saw 300?
Great movie wasn't it?

Oh by the way there was also a new Spider-Man 3 preview before the movie started, makes me want to watch it more and more...
March 11, 2007 @ 11:46 AM
9inchesofsole

Is this movie really worth seeing?

I'm goin out to see it tomorrow, it looks real good but I don't know ... alot of movies look good but they suck. Anyone seen it yet?

FUCK YEA!!! I Would Pay 12.00 To This Movie Again In IMAX, Cant Wait Til Spiderman 3 On IMAX
March 11, 2007 @ 02:37 PM
JoHnFLeM

^WORD FREAKING LIFE BAPEMAN!
March 12, 2007 @ 12:20 AM
Imperial

the movie was fuckin dope! never a dull moment and the ending was soooo ILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 14, 2007 @ 09:48 PM
blee358

best movie i've seen in a while. and yea i'm definitely gonna be seeing spiderman 3 at imax
March 14, 2007 @ 10:16 PM

Inactive

I don't know man, it was kinda disappointing. Not, Sin City disappointing but more like Kill Bill disappointing. I don't know man, maybe my expectation of the movie was too high confused . I loved the fight scenes and i respect leonidas's and his sets gangsta, but i thought there should've been more fight scenes.
March 14, 2007 @ 11:16 PM
pnsho

Next time, for any hyped movie, don't expect anything.
March 15, 2007 @ 12:57 AM
Crook

I don't know man, it was kinda disappointing. Not, Sin City disappointing but more like Kill Bill disappointing. I don't know man, maybe my expectation of the movie was too high confused . I loved the fight scenes and i respect leonidas's and his sets gangsta, but i thought there should've been more fight scenes.

You sure you watched 300?
March 15, 2007 @ 01:15 AM

Inactive

You sure you watched 300?

Yeah i did, but it seem like 1/3 of the fighting scenes were shown in the commercials. I didn't want to see no hunchback nor Arcadians bitching. Leonidas getting stomped at the end was wack. They made him look like a punk at the end. I was expecting him to start stabbing and go psycho on them dudes but he just throws a spear confused
March 15, 2007 @ 01:28 AM
Crook

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol i feel you but for me personally still one of the best movies ive seen in awhile
March 15, 2007 @ 02:46 AM
JoHnFLeM

Yeah i did, but it seem like 1/3 of the fighting scenes were shown in the commercials. I didn't want to see no hunchback nor Arcadians bitching. Leonidas getting stomped at the end was wack. They made him look like a punk at the end. I was expecting him to start stabbing and go psycho on them dudes but he just throws a spear confused

Dude maybe you werent fully paying attention to all of what Leonidas said. In the middle of the movie he said that all he wanted to do was show that Xerxes (the so-called immortal) was actually mortal. And he wanted to do that by drawing his blood. Leonidas knew his fate in the begining of the movie when the oracle said that he and his click would fall.

And I dont know about you, but I thought that Leonidas went out like a Gangsta. 300 men got as far as they did and somehow you were still able to say something somewhat negetive about the movie. Your just beyond me I guess.
March 15, 2007 @ 05:51 PM

Inactive

Dude maybe you werent fully paying attention to all of what Leonidas said. In the middle of the movie he said that all he wanted to do was show that Xerxes (the so-called immortal) was actually mortal. And he wanted to do that by drawing his blood. Leonidas knew his fate in the begining of the movie when the oracle said that he and his click would fall.

And I dont know about you, but I thought that Leonidas went out like a Gangsta. 300 men got as far as they did and somehow you were still able to say something somewhat negetive about the movie. Your just beyond me I guess.

All i'm saying is this, Leonidas's co captain went out LIKE A GANGSTA. With the spear in him, he was able to gut 3 motherfuckers. If his co captain was able to do that, i was expecting Leonidas to do something better than just taking 2 arrows in the chest and throwing the spear. I have no problem with them getting all killed, its just that, you would expect more from your King after what your co captain did.
March 15, 2007 @ 10:57 PM
pnsho

Swaying off-topic for a quick second, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be uncomfortable watching this movie with my parents tomorrow.

The sex scene will officially turn them off and they'll be snapping at me after the movie's done.
March 16, 2007 @ 02:45 PM
pnsho

All i'm saying is this, Leonidas's co captain went out LIKE A GANGSTA. With the spear in him, he was able to gut 3 motherfuckers. If his co captain was able to do that, i was expecting Leonidas to do something better than just taking 2 arrows in the chest and throwing the spear. I have no problem with them getting all killed, its just that, you would expect more from your King after what your co captain did.

Well, if you noticed before he threw the spear at Xerxes, he was reflecting on his life and the most precious people, specifically his wife. He knew when he threw the spear that the battle was over. If you actually thought that his final group of about 20~30 men would be able to kill the surrounding thousands of Persians, you thought wrong.

His co-captain gave his last shot, but Leonidas knew that the battle was over. He did what he had to do, and that was to slow down the Persians in order to get the full Greek army to destroy the Persians, which you saw at the end.
March 16, 2007 @ 03:35 PM
Jay_Bird

yes this movie was the shit,at the end,you would want to be a spartan
March 16, 2007 @ 04:54 PM
JoHnFLeM

yes this movie was the shit,at the end,you would want to be a spartan

Yes. I had the urge to murder in the name of Sparta after this movie.
March 16, 2007 @ 08:01 PM
CEL

I'm gonna see it tonight
March 17, 2007 @ 03:57 AM
stocklude

I believe 300 didn't live up to the hype that it was given. For some reason i really like Apocalypto. confused <-- Now that is a fuckin' movie
March 19, 2007 @ 01:07 PM
magik

Zach Snyder has shown he's very competent at making ACTION flicks, this however convinced me even more of how bad Watchmen is gonna suck.
March 19, 2007 @ 05:43 PM
pnsho

Well, how else would you put out Watchmen on the movie screen? Snyder found success with the Miller-styled 300. He'll use it again to reap $ for Watchmen, even though 90&#37; of people hardly know anything about Watchmen.
March 19, 2007 @ 06:06 PM
magik

Well, how else would you put out Watchmen on the movie screen? Snyder found success with the Miller-styled 300. He'll use it again to reap $ for Watchmen, even though 90% of people hardly know anything about Watchmen.

I wouldn't, there are some stories that arent suitable for any kind of movie adaptation, Watchmen is one of those stories.

I'm very doubtful that Snyder is capable of handling such intricate and complicated material. This is a comic where style takes a backseat to character development and substance. This is a very, character driven comic, and I fear Snyder will butcher this. 300 is the exact opposite of what is needed for Watchmen. He can't hide behind stunning fake visuals and slo-mo with this one.

On a side note: I find it very suprising that a big studio like Warners would be so addemant about making such a bold, politically charged superhero film, with mostly all character scenes, very little action, and that has heroes that are in some cases more evil, sick and twisted than the villains. To me, its too unconventional for a studio to make this as is, so I'm very fearful they're gonna butcher it.
March 19, 2007 @ 06:17 PM
CEL

It was pretty good
March 19, 2007 @ 07:29 PM
pnsho

mellance,

You're absolutely right, but Warner Bros. has been infamous for its sole goal: getting as much dough as they can.

I recently read Watchmen and it's one of the few comics that actually presents themes and various notions. I think Snyder'll just put out eye candy like he did for 300. You can already safely assume that he'll use the same Miller style for Watchmen, but if he actually does character development (which will be quite an event, mainly because there are so many), I'll be surprised. But if this movie is a flop, the fanboys'll go crazy.
March 19, 2007 @ 10:12 PM
magik

mellance,

You're absolutely right, but Warner Bros. has been infamous for its sole goal: getting as much dough as they can.

I recently read Watchmen and it's one of the few comics that actually presents themes and various notions. I think Snyder'll just put out eye candy like he did for 300. You can already safely assume that he'll use the same Miller style for Watchmen, but if he actually does character development (which will be quite an event, mainly because there are so many), I'll be surprised. But if this movie is a flop, the fanboys'll go crazy.

Znyder also had Miller holding his hand all the way through 300 & Sin City (something he can thank Robert Rodriguez for) , and then one got to keep in mind that in comparasin to Watchmen ,300 and Sin City is about as advanced as a Calvin and Hobbes strip

Im fairly certain all characters is gonna come off extreme one dimensional, Rorschach is going to be another "V". Nite Owl is going to be a gentler Bruce Wayne. Silk Spectre will be a slut. Dr. Manhattan is going to be God. Ozymandias will be a rich pretty boy. And, god forbid, they're probably going to make The Comedian seem like a lunatic when in truth, he is not.
March 20, 2007 @ 11:46 PM
HARTY

Please login first to reply.