Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 27, 2013 @ 05:07 AM
DannyHH

Looks dope! Ryan Gosling cool

April 12, 2013 @ 01:24 PM
R.

Anyone planning on see this joint? Looks good af. Let ya boy know how it is.

Ryan Gosling is dat nigga.
April 12, 2013 @ 04:34 PM
tmwtg

Ya boy read the script prior to seeing it.

Very, very solid movie. I felt really bad for the kids. You'll understand what I mean when you see it.
April 12, 2013 @ 06:08 PM
Brosef

Stoked to see this, sucks I live in a place where no where is playing it.
April 12, 2013 @ 11:56 PM
zilla

seeing this on the weekend, v excited to see gosling and cooper together, prolly gonna change sexuality
April 13, 2013 @ 02:27 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

seeing this on the weekend, v excited to see gosling and cooper together, prolly gonna change sexuality
Smh
April 13, 2013 @ 10:03 AM
jacobsever

Can't imagine Cooper doing any better than Silver Linings Playbook.

April 14, 2013 @ 07:46 PM
╒rozzy

Might have to go see this sometime

Ryan Gosling starring in all these amazing serious movies...

April 14, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
jbanger

mike patton soundtrack
April 14, 2013 @ 11:13 PM
R.

I'm gonna watch this again, so good. Act 1 >

When they played The Wolves by Bon Iver at the end...

April 14, 2013 @ 11:49 PM
zilla

just got back. fuckin pissed. spoilers

so i'm not pissed exactly that gosling isn't in a lot of the film. but the whole conflict of the film rests on the nonsensical decision eva mendes' character makes when she decides to not tell the father of her child that she is having his baby because it was a one-night stand, but shacks up with some guy to raise his child, lets her mother tell him (gosling) and then acts like he's pestering her to even wanna be around his son? the most anyone acknowledges how callous and inhumane and stupid this is is gosling seeming kinda irked that she's not taking it seriously, how badly she has fucked up the boy's life and his life by denying him even the right to father his child. (she insists he can't make money but doesn't know him or give him a chance.)

so when the film takes a turn, and i kinda saw it coming because of people hinting at how epic the story was, i was on board because maybe the focus would go elsewhere and would be better executed. but then it goes on for like 5 more hours and it becomes very clear what the film wants to do but it hasn't earned any of it. the bon iver song at the end was nice, the cinematography (all the long tracking shots of people's backs was cool), the music from there will be blood just after hw loses his hearing was annoying because i like that film a lot, but it never came together for me.

fuck. i just saw children of men a day ago so my standards might be kinda high, but i feel like this has similar problems to blue valentine. the characters are themes (which can work, like in drive), but when the themes are this complicated, it pays to have deeper characters than what we get. dane dehaan is great and i love how much work he's been getting since chronicle.

but yeah, i could feel the whole audience get restless after the film shifts and doesn't improve.
May 7, 2013 @ 04:54 AM
jaded

I thought it was pretty good, not what I was expecting when I went into it but still worth seeing. Richard Roeper's review is pretty much how I feel about each part of the movie: http://www.richardroeper.com/reviews/theplacebeyondthepines.aspx

I actually thought Gosling was great in his role, and I believe him and Mendez were dating at the time, so I thought their chemistry on screen was fine.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

May 7, 2013 @ 11:01 PM
daaangster

needs more gosling no homo, i wasnt really in to the 3rd act at all
May 8, 2013 @ 01:51 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

shit was lame. 

Websites at your price aodevelopment.co HMU

May 8, 2013 @ 03:48 AM
truuuchainz

it was good but when it got to the act with the kids it was just sloppy

Please login first to reply.