300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
July 19, 2008 @ 07:26 PM
julian.

Can We Get The Riddler Please?

Im sure that the riddle or either Mr Freeze will be in the next one.
But yeah that pencil trick was fucking epic.
Easily the best movie of 2008 so far for sure.

I liked how there was actually a few funny parts in the movie, like when the joker is in the parking lot and the detonator does not go off so he starts slamming and pressing it like 200 times hahaha.

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

July 19, 2008 @ 07:29 PM
FearItSelf

Im sure that the riddle or either Mr Freeze will be in the next one.
But yeah that pencil trick was fucking epic.
Easily the best movie of 2008 so far for sure.

I liked how there was actually a few funny parts in the movie, like when the joker is in the parking lot and the detonator does not go off so he starts slamming and pressing it like 200 times hahaha.

why? mr freeze makes no sense. Riddler is an actual beleiveable and realistic charcter. Thats what all the villianas have had in common...this isn't spiderman 3 with the fucking stupid ass sand monster man
July 19, 2008 @ 07:32 PM
pnsho

I doubt Mr Freeze will be in the next movie. In Nolan's world, it'd be very hard to fit him in. Riddler is a certain possibility.

And going back, check out this site to see the ranking:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/
July 19, 2008 @ 08:53 PM
tRick

so when the joker was telling rachel how he got his scares and whatnot, was batman just chillin on the side waiting for the perfect moment to hop in?
The Joker: [to Rachel] A little fight in ya. I like that.
Batman: Then you're going to love me.
lol

and bale needed to chill just a tiny bit on the batman heavy metal lead singer voice, yo.

pencil magic trick was amazing. when the joker was leavin the hospital and the detonator wasnt working was classic

amazing movie but requires more than one watch to fully understand.
somebody please explain the end and the meaning of the title when mister commissioner dude was explaining why they were chasing batman and whatnot
July 19, 2008 @ 09:21 PM
krn_zmb

^^ hahah, i dont remember what specific point it was buuuut Bale was killing the batman voice. At one point I was thinking in my head like, he sounds pretty ridiculous haha. Its funny how when ever hes in the batman suit he uses the voice, like when he saves rachel from falling off the building. He still uses it even though she knows hes batman
July 19, 2008 @ 09:25 PM
jay3091

-That Maggie Gylinwhoever girl was ugly.
-I hated Cristian Bale's tuff voice he did for the Batman voice.
-Heath Ledger scared the shit outta me...
-I had everytime he talked, he kept doing that thing with his tongue...
-The sound of the bullets scared the shit outta me in the IMAX theater.
All in all, I give the movie an A+
July 19, 2008 @ 10:43 PM
Nite

dang Ive seen this movie 3 times since friday 12 am

shit was great, I was afraid people were hyping just cuz of Heath Ledger's death

but this wasnt the case, it was actually really really good. I do agree though Bale needed to cut it on the tough man voice, other than that...........nothing comes to mind.

Possible dope villains for next movie: BANE, scarface, Riddler....these, if pulled off right would be the shit!

on a side note

TERMINATOR SALVATION?!?!?!.....man I hope its good
July 19, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
krn_zmb

i heard a reason why Heath might be nominated for an Oscar is because they wanna bring out the young crowd to the Oscars. Its pretty stupid because he definitely deserves it, bringing the young crowd or not.
July 19, 2008 @ 11:35 PM
fistyourbitch

Well, some of the actors signed on for 3, but not necessarily will a third film happen.

Personally, I think it's gonna be incredibly difficult to top TDK, what with it being #3 on the IMDB Top Movie List with a rating of 9.6.

But people are vying for a third film, especially with how this movie ended, with Batman being on the run and taking the fall for Harvey.

In some ways, this movie could have been split into 2 films, one released in July and the other probably late 2008. That way, more money for WB and more time to expand on the characters (ie Harvey, Bruce).

IMDB top movie list is shit, gives a fuck about that.

Wall-e? uhhh wtf?
July 20, 2008 @ 12:00 AM
tRick

-That Maggie Gylinwhoever girl was ugly.
-I hated Cristian Bale's tuff voice he did for the Batman voice.
-Heath Ledger scared the shit outta me...
-I had everytime he talked, he kept doing that thing with his tongue...
-The sound of the bullets scared the shit outta me in the IMAX theater.
All in all, I give the movie an A+

i thought that was a nice touch tho on heath's part[no homo]
July 20, 2008 @ 12:09 AM
StrghtCshHMY

Easily in my top 20 of All Time

here's a point my friend made on AIM:

I think i appreciate actors more after seeing that
b/c if you think about it
he was givien a script of the Joker
all he got were words on paper
12:10 AM I mean there are a million ways to interpret the lines that he was reading before he actually got on set
and for him to creat that Joker personality
is almost genius
he created him from scratch b/c that joker was nothing like the previous jokers
July 20, 2008 @ 12:12 AM
N1QUE

IMDB top movie list is shit, gives a fuck about that.

Wall-e? uhhh wtf?

uhhh have you seen it? get the fuck outta here with that shit.
oh your so cool for ragging on a disney movie.
July 20, 2008 @ 12:13 AM
kuyachris

Why were the people on the ferries?
July 20, 2008 @ 12:17 AM
DAT CAT

i think to evacuate the city cause joker threatened he would take it over.
July 20, 2008 @ 12:21 AM
DAT CAT

joker from tdk is easily one of my favorite villains ever. EVER!
July 20, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
N1QUE

Why were the people on the ferries?

I think that those two ships were the only ones that Joker released before telling everyone in Gotham that the bridges were rigged by a bomb. They were the only ones that he permitted to leave the dock.
July 20, 2008 @ 12:27 AM
scfdefinit

It's going to be hard to make a sequel without the Joker. The Joker is the quintessential Batman villain.

Mr. Freeze would be hard to pull off in the next one. They already have two-face losing Rachel so it would be a similar story with Mr. Freeze trying to save his wife.

The Penguin I feel could be pulled off. Has anyone seen the Cowboy Bebop episode "Pierrot le Fou"? It was based off the Penguin from Batman. It was crazy and dark. There are probably clips of the episode on youtube. The Riddler would be a good choice too. But, the Penguin and the Riddler I feel would just be weak replacements for the Joker. Bane, Deadshot would be dope. Maybe Catwoman now that Rachel is gone or Poison Ivy. A female antagonist would be cool.

But, topping TDK is practically impossible. If they follow it up with something as good as Begins I'll be happy with that. TDK was just too good.
July 20, 2008 @ 02:43 AM
slugg

I think that those two ships were the only ones that Joker released before telling everyone in Gotham that the bridges were rigged by a bomb. They were the only ones that he permitted to leave the dock.

nah it's because the joker said when he called in that anyone who takes the tunnels or bridges is fucked because he wanted to get them all to the ferries so they were full. he knew they'd let the criminals off in one boat and the civilians off in another and he thought eventually one of them would turn against the other.
July 20, 2008 @ 02:59 AM
SOLE

best line of the movie:

So you think that the richest, most powerful man in gotham is secretly going out at knight, risking his own flesh to fight the worst of criminals with his bare hands... and you intend to blackmail this man?

someone told me that the ***** that was asking for $10 mil a year in blackmail ends up becoming the riddler...not fronting, i never followed batman as a kid. any validity? they also said his name is Mr. Reese...mysteries? riddles? ehhhh?

everything that there is to say has been said already, ledger gave a spine chilling performance that won't be topped by any villain ever - though can we really call the joker a villain? i don't know about you guys, but i was cheering for him the entire time.
July 20, 2008 @ 03:20 AM
kuyachris

^ I doubt that "Mr. Reese" would be Riddler because Riddler's real name is Edward Nigma.
July 20, 2008 @ 04:14 AM
krn_zmb

sometimes Nygma**

Its a valid theory because Edward Nygma was also called E.Nygma which basically is enigma meaning mystery.
Mr. Reese sounding like "mysteries" kind of the same thing.

Not quite sure tho. It might be a possibility. BUUUT They already introduced a Edward Nashton in the viral campaigns and thats also another alias for the riddler sooo i dont think so.
July 20, 2008 @ 04:41 AM
DREWKKAKE

enigma on diablo 2 ftw

fuck i need to hit up imax and see this shit again

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

July 20, 2008 @ 04:55 AM
magneticman

Why you continue to read this thread is mind boggling. Of course people will spoil it.

Typing 'spoiler' takes 3 seconds of your whole life, a bit unfair to most of the world you haven't yet seen it but want to discuss other aspects of the movie.

And I was just about to post about the imdb thing OhSnap mentioned, #1 suprised

and that guy who cussed Wall-E is a moron lol, no way he has seen it to say that.
July 20, 2008 @ 04:57 AM
kuyachris

Why was Batman fighting some of the SWAT team in the skyscraper at the end of the movie?

Shit. I need to see the movie again in IMAX.
Too good of a movie to only be seen once.
July 20, 2008 @ 05:17 AM
chromechildren

^^he was tryiing to save the hostages because swat was accidently gonna kill em.

-DunkPunk
July 20, 2008 @ 05:30 AM
9inchesofsole

damn this movie is amazing!!! heath as joker did an amazing job. my funniest part of the movie was when joker first came in the mob meeting and he was like you want me to make this pen or pencil disappear and slammed one of mobster head into the table. TA-DAA
July 20, 2008 @ 07:01 AM
VIBE

my friend was also complaining about batmans voice but didnt he do it to disguise himself from his true identity? and it also kinda makes him scarier to bad guys
July 20, 2008 @ 12:37 PM

Inactive

hit me up if you wanna see it online
i think it would be hard to not screw up the story of batamn 3 anmd 4 (if they choose the ridler or mr freeze for the next "villain)
Gordon pulled a lolwot

lmao
July 20, 2008 @ 01:19 PM
N1QUE

nah it's because the joker said when he called in that anyone who takes the tunnels or bridges is fucked because he wanted to get them all to the ferries so they were full. he knew they'd let the criminals off in one boat and the civilians off in another and he thought eventually one of them would turn against the other.

I know that already.. but what was the reason WHY he only authroized two ships to leave the dock. I couldn't understand your post one bit.
July 20, 2008 @ 01:20 PM
jay3091

What happened in the beginning? Why was the scarecrow in it again? We were 10 minutes late because of people trying to get their tickets they purchased online.

Please login first to reply.