FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
August 29, 2012 @ 09:31 AM
ReZ

Bound to be a Whedon cult favorite

EXCLUSIVE: ABC has ordered a pilot for S.H.I.E.L.D, a live-action series from The Avengers writer-director Joss Whedon, Marvel TV and ABC Studios. The project is based on Marvel’s peacekeeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D (which stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate or Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) found in both the Marvel comic book and feature film universes.

S.H.I.E.L.D. will be written by Whedon and frequent collaborators, his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. Joss Whedon also is set to direct the pilot, schedule permitting. Production on the pilot, which marks the first live-action Marvel TV project to get a green light, will start immediately. Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Tancharoen executive produce with Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb.

The project had been in the works at Marvel TV and ABC Studios for some time. Earlier this month, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that it had signed an exclusive film and TV deal with Joss Whedon, which included him writing and directing The Avengers sequel and develop a live-action series for Marvel TV and ABC, both owned by Disney.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/abc-greenlights-s-h-i-e-l-d-marvel-pilot-joss-whedon-to-co-write-possibly-direct/
August 29, 2012 @ 12:22 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

hmm. cautiously optimistic.
August 30, 2012 @ 10:38 AM
peterson

sounds interesting... i liked dollhouse, so i guess we'll see
September 2, 2012 @ 08:03 AM
C00K13

If it casts Sam L. and Robin to play Maria Hill, then I'm sold. Also rumors of it using the series as a way to introduce the lesser known heroes, which would be super dope. I'm excited. Always been a huge Whedon fan.

www.iamdashet.com

September 2, 2012 @ 12:26 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

maria hill is already on a tv show tho rite? and samuel l is way too expensive i imagind
September 2, 2012 @ 04:43 PM
goldANDsacks

^

They can still do cameos here and there. This show is a great opportunity for actors who play some of those lesser known characters tho. If you make it big on the show, it could lead to your own movie.

Please login first to reply.