Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
August 22, 2012 @ 03:03 PM
totalespionage

Due is clearly on his way to becoming one of the greats. I wasn't a big fan of "The Prestige" but his other movies are some of the most mind tangling and engaging films I have ever seen. After watching "The Man of Steele" trailer I can say that his team (Syncopy) is also very creative in how they approach films. Anyone agree?
August 22, 2012 @ 03:52 PM
Pantic

the dark knight and the prestige was is best imo, inception was a good movie too i guess but just didn't interest me.
Batman begins and rising were great, but not legend status. Guess he got it in him tho, i respect the dude
August 22, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
totalespionage

the dark knight and the prestige was is best imo, inception was a good movie too i guess but just didn't interest me.
Batman begins and rising were great, but not legend status. Guess he got it in him tho, i respect the dude

I agree with TDK but "The Prestige" was not as good as some of his other movies (Insomnia, Memento). Inception was cool though.
August 22, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
YungBrooklyn

This guy is my favorite director as of now, all of the shit him and his brother Jonathan write and direct is amazing. Memento was the shit and then Inception was also original and directed in a crazy way.
August 22, 2012 @ 07:48 PM
totalespionage

This guy is my favorite director as of now, all of the shit him and his brother Jonathan write and direct is amazing. Memento was the shit and then Inception was also original and directed in a crazy way.

Yeah and his wife also has done the production for a few of his movies. In the new 10-15 years he will be amongst the greats (Spielberg, Cameron, Scorsese, Scott).
August 22, 2012 @ 08:10 PM
flow

tdk, prestige (the most complex story i have ever seen in cinema) and memento have my respect.

but chris fell off with inception... inception and tdkr both have a lot of missing parts. but the average viewer is just feeling better if he can say "you didn't get it".
tdkr is his worst work imo.
August 22, 2012 @ 08:17 PM
totalespionage

tdk, prestige (the most complex story i have ever seen in cinema) and memento have my respect.

but chris fell off with inception... inception and tdkr both have a lot of missing parts. but the average viewer is just feeling better if he can say "you didn't get it".
tdkr is his worst work imo.

Really? I thought "The Prestige" wasn't that good. It was complex but the acting wasn't as good as Inception (Even though I'm a huge fan of Leo). I can agree with you on TDKR. It had a few holes in the story (how Robin knew Bruce Wayne was Batman just by looking at him, the whole Tali/Bane shit was confusing).
August 22, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

inception is incredible, that film will stand the test of time along with the dark knight. the other ones are good but either flawed or relatively unremarkable (compared to inception/tdk)

seriously idk what's wrong with anyone who didn't leave inception with that lifted feeling you only get from great films. the idea of marrying the scope of something like a heist movie set in dreams with the deeply personal feel of an art film and making that a blockbuster and then fully achieving that is commendable to me personally. i'm so proud to have seen that opening night. that was like what i imagine people felt seeing shit like alien or terminator 2 for the first time.

it's very easy to overlook any plot holes in films like inception cos of what they do for you emotionally. same with rise of the planet of the apes, on a smaller scale.
August 22, 2012 @ 09:01 PM
totalespionage

inception is incredible, that film will stand the test of time along with the dark knight. the other ones are good but either flawed or relatively unremarkable (compared to inception/tdk)

seriously idk what's wrong with anyone who didn't leave inception with that lifted feeling you only get from great films. the idea of marrying the scope of something like a heist movie set in dreams with the deeply personal feel of an art film and making that a blockbuster and then fully achieving that is commendable to me personally. i'm so proud to have seen that opening night. that was like what i imagine people felt seeing shit like alien or terminator 2 for the first time.

it's very easy to overlook any plot holes in films like inception cos of what they do for you emotionally. same with rise of the planet of the apes, on a smaller scale.

Do you think "The Man of Steele" is going to be another success critically? (commercial success will follow Nolan throughout his career due to his name and body of work)
August 22, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
TwiggyDig

the illusionist is better than prestige, but I love christ nolan. I haven't seen insomnia or whatever though
August 22, 2012 @ 10:30 PM
tmwtg

Do you think "The Man of Steele" is going to be another success critically? (commercial success will follow Nolan throughout his career due to his name and body of work)

Nolan is the producer on Man of Steel, right? Snyder is the director. The way I see it, Nolan is going to be very involved in MoS, regardless of who's in charge.

I think MoS will do just fine so long as people know that Nolan is essentially in charge of the film.
August 22, 2012 @ 11:04 PM
SFCA

Memento>

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

August 22, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
mrscrouge

IMO he's yet to really prove himself outside of the DK franchise. I thought Inception and Memento were above average but there's something so gimmicky about them (can't speak for the prestige, havent watched it). In this realm I dont think he's in the level of character development, or overall flow & depth as say Arosnosky, the Coens, Tarantino, or even Fincher.
August 23, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
tronwin

I think that Memento and Inception are his top movies. I really enjoy movies that are hard to predict while watching them. They both have that "what just happened" factor that makes you want to watch the movie over and over. I'm not sure which is my favorite of the two, but leaning towards Inception for the higher level of character development.

I was able to figure out the plot twist mid way through Prestige. I liked how Nolan went back and forth in plot, not keeping chronology. It was a good movie, but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

And finally TDKR, good film. The plot was awesome, I think people focus way too much on how Bruce Wayne was still alive in the end. Simple answer is auto-pilot. I found that revealing Talia al Ghul's identity was the true mind fuck of the entire movie. He sets us up to believe something and completely annihilates the idea.

Also can't wait to see Man of Steel, all other recent superman movies IMO have been crap. I'm sure Nolan can due superman justice it deserves.
August 23, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
totalespionage

I think that Memento and Inception are his top movies. I really enjoy movies that are hard to predict while watching them. They both have that "what just happened" factor that makes you want to watch the movie over and over. I'm not sure which is my favorite of the two, but leaning towards Inception for the higher level of character development.

I was able to figure out the plot twist mid way through Prestige. I liked how Nolan went back and forth in plot, not keeping chronology. It was a good movie, but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

And finally TDKR, good film. The plot was awesome, I think people focus way too much on how Bruce Wayne was still alive in the end. Simple answer is auto-pilot. I found that revealing Talia al Ghul's identity was the true mind fuck of the entire movie. He sets us up to believe something and completely annihilates the idea.

Also can't wait to see Man of Steel, all other recent superman movies IMO have been crap. I'm sure Nolan can due superman justice it deserves.

Yeah, Memento really has an effect on the viewer that leaves you trying to decipher the bits and pieces that you really understood and that's what makes you want to see the film over and over again. Also his signature style of throwing the viewer off chronologically or "break in time" as I call it really is what digs into character development because of how the story is told during different times you really get to see the motifs and what drives of the main character which usually unravels the plot.
August 24, 2012 @ 06:58 AM
Trollinator

My fav director

I want to see the world burn

August 24, 2012 @ 02:42 PM
totalespionage

Cool interview
August 24, 2012 @ 07:05 PM
SHARKlN

"Following", one of his earlier films, is CRAZY

such a good watch, and its only like an hour long
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154506/
August 24, 2012 @ 07:12 PM
RawShack

inception sequel?
August 27, 2012 @ 03:58 PM
totalespionage

AIght thats it. Ima put it out there...Nolan Vs Cameron. Who is it?
August 27, 2012 @ 04:24 PM
goldANDsacks

sorry tronwin. i'ma have to breakdown your post.

I think that Memento and Inception are his top movies. I'm not sure which is my favorite of the two, but leaning towards Inception for the higher level of character development.

Memento was a clinic in character development. Leonard goes from asshole --> victim --> detective --> asshole --> rage monster --> victim. all on his own volition.

I was able to figure out the plot twist mid way through Prestige.

if you were able to call that Tesla had actually created clones of hugh jackman, and he was killing them every show, then i commend you sir.

And finally TDKR, good film. The plot was awesome, I think people focus way too much on how Bruce Wayne was still alive in the end. Simple answer is auto-pilot.

i dont get how people are confused about this? there's a scene at the end where some engineer tell lucious fox that the auto-piolot had been fixed by bruce wayne months ago.

Also can't wait to see Man of Steel, all other recent superman movies IMO have been crap.

"all other recent superman movies"? you mean the ONE superman movie that has come out in the last 25 years?
August 27, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
totalespionage

sorry tronwin. i'ma have to breakdown your post.

I think that Memento and Inception are his top movies. I'm not sure which is my favorite of the two, but leaning towards Inception for the higher level of character development.

Memento was a clinic in character development. Leonard goes from asshole --> victim --> detective --> asshole --> rage monster --> victim. all on his own volition.

I was able to figure out the plot twist mid way through Prestige.

if you were able to call that Tesla had actually created clones of hugh jackman, and he was killing them every show, then i commend you sir.

And finally TDKR, good film. The plot was awesome, I think people focus way too much on how Bruce Wayne was still alive in the end. Simple answer is auto-pilot.

i dont get how people are confused about this? there's a scene at the end where some engineer tell lucious fox that the auto-piolot had been fixed by bruce wayne months ago.

Also can't wait to see Man of Steel, all other recent superman movies IMO have been crap.

"all other recent superman movies"? you mean the ONE superman movie that has come out in the last 15 years?

Broke it down for a youngin'

August 29, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
99%Shit

Memento>

#realtalk

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 3, 2012 @ 06:24 AM
corruptyouth

"Following", one of his earlier films, is CRAZY

such a good watch, and its only like an hour long
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154506/

its especially crazy because he shot the whole movie on film with only 1 or 2 takes for each scene.

www.corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com

January 17, 2013 @ 02:24 AM
Black Manta

Now I'm already a big Nolan fan, having seen the Batman trilogy and Inception. Started watching Memento on Netflix a while ago & found it too hard to follow to finish (I'll definitely get back to it soon).

But I just watched The Prestige. Movie got me like 

Definitely in the top 3 of his best work, if not the best. It had my interest from the get-go. 

LTE bands will make her dance.

Please login first to reply.