Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
August 4, 2012 @ 07:29 PM
FruitSalad

Young Justice (dubbed Young Justice: Invasion for the second season of the series) is an American animated television series created by Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti for Cartoon Network. Despite its title, it is not a direct adaptation of Peter David, Todd Dezago and Todd Nauck's Young Justice comic series, but rather an adaptation of the entire DC Universe with a focus on young superheroes.The series follows the lives of teenaged heroes and sidekicks who are members of a fictional covert operation group called the Team. The Team is essentially a young counterpart to the celebrity-level famous adult team, the Justice League.The main setting is the fictional universe of Earth-16, during a time period in which superheroes are a relatively recent phenomenon. The series debuted with an hour long special on November 26, 2010 with the airing of the first two episodes, 'Independence Day' and 'Fireworks'. Young Justice premiered on September 9, 2011 on Teletoon, in Canada.

I was surprised that there wasn't a thread about this, but I used to be a huge Justice League fan growing up, and recently my brother introduced me to this new series. I had really low expectations before, but the show was amazing in every single aspect. The production value was great, the plot was surprisingly good, and the characters were extremely likeable. Only con was that the episodes tend to conclude most predicaments within one episode.

Anyone else watch?
August 4, 2012 @ 08:26 PM
tmwtg

Same here; my little brother recommended I watch this.

I have no idea why, but a lot of the animated series these days are great, plot-wise, character-wise, and production-wise.

Definitely check this out. I'd rank this up there with Batman: The Animated Series (OG one).
August 4, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
Jay_Bird

the first season was dope

but they kind of fucked off the season season,especially turnining tim into nightwing

and the team got fucked off too, with new memebers, they did it too soon
August 4, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
FruitSalad

but they kind of fucked off the season season,especially turnining tim into nightwing

I felt like that in the beginning of the season too, since I got so attached to their previous personas, but I felt like it was a good transition after watching all the season seven episodes, especially the twist at the end of episode 7. I think maybe when season two finishes it'll feel more complete.

Same here; my little brother recommended I watch this.
I have no idea why, but a lot of the animated series these days are great, plot-wise, character-wise, and production-wise.
Definitely check this out. I'd rank this up there with Batman: The Animated Series (OG one).

Word, DC is just so much ahead of the game.
August 5, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
JStorm803

Nightwing is Dick Grayson, and yeah I agree they did do it a bit early.

Also:

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

August 5, 2012 @ 05:48 AM
FruitSalad

^I thought that was one of the best concluding episodes I've ever seen, just wish they could've extended it over two episodes.
August 5, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
Jay_Bird

i know dick is nightwing

but it was no reason why they should have made him nightwing

dick should have stayed robin

instead of making tim robin

it would have been dope if he just got older and stayed robin, it is a such thing as a robin in his 20s in the dcu
August 5, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
FruitSalad

i know dick is nightwing

but it was no reason why they should have made him nightwing

dick should have stayed robin

instead of making tim robin

it would have been dope if he just got older and stayed robin, it is a such thing as a robin in his 20s in the dcu

He mentioned in that one episode where he was getting psychiatric help from Black Canary that he realized he didn't want to follow in the steps of Batman so I guess it was suitable that he turned into Nightwing?
August 6, 2012 @ 06:49 AM
xVILLN

I just caught an episode on Saturday.Im usually not a big DC fan besides batman, but this show is legitimately tight as fuck.I want to go back and watch it from the beginning to catch the full story.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

August 6, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
FruitSalad

I just caught an episode on Saturday.Im usually not a big DC fan besides batman, but this show is legitimately tight as fuck.I want to go back and watch it from the beginning to catch the full story.

You should definitely do that. I watched all of season one in one day it was that good. You won't regret it.
August 6, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
stillwild

addicted to the show.
agree that the change was made too soon from the previous team, to the two separate teams.
even so, it was necessary to bring forth all the whoop ass.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

August 6, 2012 @ 09:17 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

well shit i might have to check this out s/o villn
August 6, 2012 @ 06:56 PM
Black Manta

Great show. The rest of the second season is on hiatus at the moment though....til who knows when.

LTE bands will make her dance.

August 6, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
FruitSalad

Great show. The rest of the second season is on hiatus at the moment though....til who knows when.

I believe the team said the release date is going to be sometime in September. It's currently unofficial tho, so we'll have to wait and see.
January 6, 2013 @ 08:33 AM
Black Manta

Show finally made it back (though this episode has been on YouTube for months). Best animated show at the moment.

I need to see what happened to my boy Kaldur 

^ clips of the rest of the season.

January 6, 2013 @ 08:15 PM
SoleFresh87

Fuck i missed it smh

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

January 7, 2013 @ 05:38 AM
FruitSalad

probably gonna torrent it when the season finishes. how is it so far? that kaldur plot twist at the end of the first half of season two was a bit of a relief.
January 7, 2013 @ 06:14 AM
Black Manta

^ you've been missing out. As of the latest episode, the secret/undercover mission catches up to them & Kaldur pays the price (I'll spare the details).

All of the recent episodes should be easy to find on youtube.

January 8, 2013 @ 05:36 AM
FruitSalad

^ you've been missing out. As of the latest episode, the secret/undercover mission catches up to them & Kaldur pays the price (I'll spare the details).

All of the recent episodes should be easy to find on youtube.
alright, thanks for the heads up. i'll check it out soon!
January 13, 2013 @ 01:16 AM
JStorm803

Good episode today, plus Static Shock FTW

January 14, 2013 @ 08:43 AM
Black Manta

Word, dope episode. Glad to see Static back.

This dude Mal has balls of steel. Props to that guy haha.

January 16, 2013 @ 04:44 AM
Jay_Bird

I'm glad to find out that aqualad is not a traitor dude is a bad ass character, he is my favorite character to be honest, besides both robins.
January 16, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
Jerry

so weird you made this thread I just got hooked on to it.
January 18, 2013 @ 06:10 PM
Jay_Bird

^
Shut the fuck up before I slap your ass silly
January 21, 2013 @ 04:24 AM
JStorm803

It might be too soon to say it but I wonder if Jason will come back as Red Hood.

January 21, 2013 @ 05:30 AM
Black Manta

^ that's definitely on the table for next season. I remember the creators mentioned they would've liked to include him but he didn't fit into their current storyline.

Another good episode this week. At this rate the season finale is gonna be huge.

January 21, 2013 @ 07:19 AM
zyezye

^^yeah that would piss of a lot of the batman fans if you just suddenly popped the Red Hood there. Batman finding out that Jason was the Red Hood was one of the most defining Story Arcs in batman mythos that should be untouched. It's more of a Batman thing if anything else. maybe when the JL returns and a few times skips they can bring in Red Hood. that way the older fans know whatsup and the newer fans will have to read the comics/watch the movie, simple as that.

also arsenal joining the team that soon surprised the fuck out of me. it seemed too sudden, seeing that red arrow took a good while to join the team. 

but damn Kal Dur is gunna get fucked over by simon. dat covert plan fucked up by megann. and dat green beatle dfuq lol
January 29, 2013 @ 12:11 AM
Black Manta

January 29, 2013 @ 02:28 AM
JStorm803

CN cancels a lot of good shows...no reason to watch now except Adventure Time and Regular Show.

January 29, 2013 @ 05:41 AM
Black Manta

Well technically....a show being canceled isn't the same as it not being renewed. Many shows have come back from this situation. And given the amount of fan outrage over this, I'd say Season 3 is very much possible.

Please login first to reply.