Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 23, 2012 @ 03:32 PM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

"From the start of “Snow on tha Bluff,” which runs without any introductory credits, this jolt of a film drops into a you-are-there crime scene: Three college students — one manning a video camera — drive into the Bluff, a run-down neighborhood in West Atlanta (actually, run-down is being kind), looking to buy drugs. A dealer approaches the car, smoothly talks his way in, directs them to a secluded street, then, pulling out a handgun, robs them of their money and — why not? — the camera.
The dealer, Curtis Snow, steals one other thing too: the idea of filming everything he does. So we tour the Bluff while he introduces his crew, his baby mama and two toddlers, his grandmother, the street corner where his brother was fatally shot. We also learn about Snow’s business: selling drugs that are largely supplied, it seems, by ripping off other dealers at gunpoint during late-night raids. “They say drugs kill you,” he says to the camera, before disagreeing: “They help you out. They pay the rent.”

This riveting account of thug life — the unglamorous, impoverished variety — is punctuated by constant profanity and undecipherable slang, occasional violence, steady drinking and weed or crack smoking. No one seems to have a steady job, and there’s no shaking the sense of wasted souls in a forsaken sector of society.

Often makers of feature films using a documentary’s tools — hand-held cameras, jumpy cuts, ambient lighting, fragmented narrative — say they do so to approximate reality. The makers of “Snow on tha Bluff” flip that reasoning. Because the footage is so raw, they say, the Atlanta police sought it as evidence in some criminal investigations. The director, Damon Russell, initially coy about what was real and what was scripted, now emphasizes that “Snow on the Bluff” isn’t a record of actual events, that it’s just another lo-fi indie film, like “The Blair Witch Project.” Nothing to see here, officer.

That’s his story, and he’s sticking to it. Make no mistake, though: real or not, there’s plenty to see."
June 24, 2012 @ 07:17 PM
JStorm803

I remember this...smh.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

June 24, 2012 @ 08:03 PM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

its a good movie lol.
June 25, 2012 @ 09:07 PM
PlatinumRespect

ayo you guys heard nick and cheese are back?
June 26, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
SoleFresh87

ive never saw it , bout to change that right now.

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

June 26, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
SoleFresh87

Not in netflix and im not paying 14.95 for the DVD smh

June 26, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

on request from original distributor -- Removed for violating copyright laws

Warren
June 26, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
SoleFresh87

links like that will give you virus's right?

June 26, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
Villain™

Dude, I got the mixtape to it, but I haven't watched this yet. Doing that tonight.

$mart $tunnaz, $avage Life. SS x SL

June 26, 2012 @ 04:14 PM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

Nah no virus...just go to the link and choose the site you want to view it on. Putlocker and Sockshare work best....its a good ass site for bootlegs too btw
June 28, 2012 @ 04:20 AM
SoleFresh87

^ Alright good looks my dude .

September 4, 2012 @ 01:30 AM
tkisbadluck

im tryin to watch this.

WTB SUPREME PIN DOT NAVY MEDIUM / SUPREME CAIRO HOODIE MEDIUM

September 4, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

go to 1channel .ch

they got it
September 4, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
99%Shit

One of the best 'found footage'/faux-docs I'd seen in a long time. Not sure if it's still on Netflix, but I think I saw it in my recently watched list still.

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 4, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
kr00kd

it was on netflix as of like a week ago. i watched it. pretty accurate description of that side of atlanta.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

September 4, 2012 @ 03:26 PM
SoleFresh87

Saw it , funny moments , of fucked up english , LETS MAKE THAMUTHAFUCKINMOOVE SHAWTY!! but the biggest question is

WAS IT REAL OR FAKE?

September 4, 2012 @ 03:39 PM
dmwalking

It's on netflix now. That's how I saw it a month ago.

Saw it , funny moments , of fucked up english , LETS MAKE THAMUTHAFUCKINMOOVE SHAWTY!! but the biggest question is

WAS IT REAL OR FAKE?

It was fake. The actor is a real hood dude. Like he's out there. But the movie itself is not real. Especially when Curtis gets shot. You're telling me that the shooter sees curtis with a guy following him around filming......filming evidence of the shooting....but he doesn't shoot the witness and destroy/steal the evidence? Nah. And you're telling me a hood dude recording everything isn't gonna be talking at least 1/3 of the time? Plus, even the director admits it's fake.

Regardless, it was a great indie project. The main actor was convincing (mainly because he just had to act like himself). And the imagery was pretty chilling. I'd give it a 3.8/5. It's a good one time around movie. But I'm not really tryina watch it again. Excellent, but not classic.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

September 4, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

^ the gun jammed bruh.

the director said it was fake because people were reporting break-ins and saying it was the niggas in the movie, and the police were opening investigations into the film.

SPOILER--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bruh's babymama really died too
September 4, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
The Fiasco

on request from original distributor -- Removed for violating copyright laws

Warren

lol @ warren getting involved.

but the storyline in the movie is fake. Anything revolving around the guy in the white hat was fake shit. Curtis really lived that life though. Omar from the wire produced this. You gonna say Omar gonna be involved in a project that records multiple felonies??? The gun jamming is a plot device to make it seem legit that Curtis doesn't die right there and to extend the movie.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

September 4, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
dmwalking

^ the gun jammed bruh.

the director said it was fake because people were reporting break-ins and saying it was the niggas in the movie, and the police were opening investigations into the film.

SPOILER--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bruh's babymama really died too

That's right, I forgot. But even still. Gun jammed. Leave camera. Nah.

String of home invasions? Oh yes officer, they came in and took my drugs. Nah.

Let's say they did report it...means they're alive. Why hasn't anyone retaliated and taken him out?

If they wanted to use the movie as evidence, they would've. Cuz I mean, if they're investigating a string of home invasions, all they had to do was show the video to the people reporting and they could say, oh, yeah, that was us in that video. We are the ones being robbed....for our drugs. So they just pressed the director to see if it was real just in case this was evidence for other home invasions.

And I mean, even though it is pretty realistic, there were still some moments that felt acted out. I don't think

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

September 4, 2012 @ 08:17 PM
SoleFresh87

It's on netflix now. That's how I saw it a month ago.

WAS IT REAL OR FAKE?

It was fake. The actor is a real hood dude. Like he's out there. But the movie itself is not real. Especially when Curtis gets shot. You're telling me that the shooter sees curtis with a guy following him around filming......filming evidence of the shooting....but he doesn't shoot the witness and destroy/steal the evidence? Nah. And you're telling me a hood dude recording everything isn't gonna be talking at least 1/3 of the time? Plus, even the director admits it's fake.

Regardless, it was a great indie project. The main actor was convincing (mainly because he just had to act like himself). And the imagery was pretty chilling. I'd give it a 3.8/5. It's a good one time around movie. But I'm not really tryina watch it again. Excellent, but not classic.

Exactly i caught on to that , if the shooter was really about that life , he woulda left no witnesses , and plus Curtis got his throat cut because of the flim i believe . i didnt know his babymoms really passed smh thats fucked up.

September 4, 2012 @ 08:27 PM
kr00kd

Curtis got his throat cut because of the flim i believe .

Link? And did his babys mom die in movie for real or afterwards because of the movie

September 4, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
The Fiasco

Link? And did his babys mom die in movie for real or afterwards because of the movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_on_tha_Bluff

An attempt on Curtis Snow's life occurred in December 2011. He survived a grisly box-cutter knife attack.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

September 5, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

September 5, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
splash

I seen this like a week ago, comedy. smile
September 5, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
kr00kd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_on_tha_Bluff

An attempt on Curtis Snow's life occurred in December 2011. He survived a grisly box-cutter knife attack.

it doesnt really say that it was because of the movie though

September 5, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

it wasnt
September 5, 2012 @ 02:05 PM
dmwalking

The boxcutter attack was after/during a fight he had when a dude owed him money. He beat him up on the fair. Then dude said something like "I ain't done" and box cuttered him...joint apparently got caught on Curtis' collarbone. The way he descibes it is wild. The video of his explanation is on youtube. Look it up.

September 5, 2012 @ 03:30 PM
SoleFresh87

smh , this nigga has litterally no way out the hood whatsoever i hell a network or something could pick his life up and spin into a show , since the majority of the flim was fake , why not $?

& hes the 1st dude ive seen with an actual bag of crack tatted on him. yep a bag of crack.

September 5, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
dmwalking

smh , this nigga has litterally no way out the hood whatsoever i hell a network or something could pick his life up and spin into a show , since the majority of the flim was fake , why not $?

& hes the 1st dude ive seen with an actual bag of crack tatted on him. yep a bag of crack.

He's a liability. That's why a lotta dudes didn't wanna mess with 50 and that dude Tru Life. They were too deep in the streets. Getting into beef. Shooting guns off. Showing up the corporate offices with guns. They're not gonna take a risk on a dude like that unless he cleans up. And it doesn't look like he has any intention of cleaning up.

Please login first to reply.