Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
May 14, 2012 @ 01:13 AM
thrillmatic

I've seen just about every kind of teen angst movie to cover it all: jock stardom (He Got Game), drug abuse (Trainspotting), school shootings (Elephant).

All I see on these forums is that you're not made till you watch "Kids". What's that movie worth to everyone on here?

I'm also looking for feedback on "La Haine", "Bully" and "Ken Park". I really don't like getting the opinion of critics cuz they have to apply their own limited perspective on life to the thousands of films they view over their careers. The movies I listed should relate to most on these forums and I'll prolly get better feedback here than from Roger Ebert's old, black bitch boning, jawless ass.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

May 14, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
mrh

its just a dope movie that i guess is a bit more realistic for us to relate to. its just a day with a bunch of dirty kids doin dirty things and its just cool and worth the watch

after kids i watched Ken Park and now that is some fucked up shit.
May 14, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
secret genius

ken park is one weird movie...

do u view me? do u see my maneuvers?

May 14, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
lovedmndlife

kids was the shit when i watched it yrs ago, RIP Harold watch GUMMO too

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

May 14, 2012 @ 07:41 AM
thiskidfromWA

ken park
May 14, 2012 @ 07:47 AM
Jvlv

because supreme
May 14, 2012 @ 08:09 AM
denpa

~*so u can wear supreme*~

電波

May 14, 2012 @ 08:15 AM
xVILLN

Kids. Lol

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

May 14, 2012 @ 09:24 AM
young idiot

fuck you, like the world owes you an explanation, watch it or don't
May 14, 2012 @ 10:15 AM
dalek

Kids was cool when I was 16.

It's not a good movie though.
May 14, 2012 @ 04:46 PM
thrillmatic

I keep reading this opinion.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

May 14, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
PlaboY

you gotta peep Kids at least once...i don't see why you need everybody's opinion on it because you will have your own...its only an hour 30 minutes...just peep it when you have some free time...

however, La Haine is one of the best movies ever...
May 14, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
burntofferings

I downloaded and watched Kids this afternoon with my housemate. Good god that movie is fucked up! Enjoyed it but some bits were kinda wtf.
May 14, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
Jay_Bird

its a messed up movie

i saw it when i was younger,and it messed me up
May 14, 2012 @ 08:10 PM
th3kid

It's like every other Larry Clarke movie (Bully, Ken Park, Wassup Rockers) it's a movie about certain lifestyle a group of teens live. It's about the relativity, they weren't trying to win best actor, they were trying to convey a message, which is why most of the acting those movies is subpar, but people who live those lifestyles (or wish they did) don't care and love them. That's why

I keep reading this opinion.

you get that.
May 14, 2012 @ 09:54 PM
xVILLN

however, La Haine is one of the best movies ever...

cool

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

May 14, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I think one of the coolest things about this movie is just the styling of it, there really aren't too many movies that function better than Kids as a snapshot of what it was like to be a dirty street kid in 1995 NYC

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

May 14, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
lovedmndlife

im gonna have to track down La Haine

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

May 14, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

Inactive

I downloaded and watched Kids this afternoon with my housemate. Good god that movie is fucked up! Enjoyed it but some bits were kinda wtf.

i need the download

May 14, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
PlatinumRespect

i think everyone should see KIDS at least once
May 15, 2012 @ 09:37 AM
Virunga

Not true I loved it then and I still love now I'm 22

I actually liked Kids more than La Haine

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

May 15, 2012 @ 10:50 AM
burntofferings

There any other films I should be checking out that are similar to this?

I managed to get Elephant and Ken Park, any others?
May 15, 2012 @ 01:41 PM
drtmcgrt

It's like every other Larry Clarke movie (Bully, Ken Park, Wassup Rockers) it's a movie about certain lifestyle a group of teens live. It's about the relativity, they weren't trying to win best actor, they were trying to convey a message, which is why most of the acting those movies is subpar, but people who live those lifestyles (or wish they did) don't care and love them..

this.
clarke cast nyc kids with no previous acting experience so take it for what it is. rip harold hunter and justin pierce

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

May 16, 2012 @ 06:22 AM

Inactive

It's like every other Larry Clarke movie (Bully, Ken Park, Wassup Rockers) it's a movie about certain lifestyle a group of teens live. It's about the relativity, they weren't trying to win best actor, they were trying to convey a message, which is why most of the acting those movies is subpar, but people who live those lifestyles (or wish they did) don't care and love them..

this.
clarke cast nyc kids with no previous acting experience so take it for what it is. rip harold hunter and justin pierce

word. you'll like the movie if you can relate too it.
May 16, 2012 @ 01:32 PM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

its about young niggas having living wild and some of the consequences...one of my favorite movies tho
May 16, 2012 @ 01:46 PM
jacobsever

I don't understand how everyone in the Supreme thread says you're not worthy of Supreme until you see that movie.

Personally, I didn't like the movie. Or any of Larry Clark's movies. Larry Clark to film making is what Chuck Pahlinuk is to writing. They are very grotesque and graphic, usually to the point where it is not necessary (regardless of how real it is), and mostly high school kids like it because they feel they are reading/watching something they shouldn't.

Now Larry Clark's photography on the other hand...I can get behind that.

May 17, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
PERFECT WHITE MALE

Someone find a Wassup Rockers stream or download though, that movie was hilarious.
May 17, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
GoRubio

The movie is overrated. It's got it's little wow factor, but there's nothing really special about it.
It's cool to see the Harlod Hunter appearance in it doe. R.I.P.
May 17, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
EYETOGRAPHY

The movie is overrated. It's got it's little wow factor, but there's nothing really special about it.
It's cool to see the Harlod Hunter appearance in it doe. R.I.P.

Seriously though the movie wasn't very entertaining. Go ahead and watch it but don't expect too much from it.
May 18, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

I don't understand how everyone in the Supreme thread says you're not worthy of Supreme until you see that movie.

Personally, I didn't like the movie. Or any of Larry Clark's movies. Larry Clark to film making is what Chuck Pahlinuk is to writing. They are very grotesque and graphic, usually to the point where it is not necessary (regardless of how real it is), and mostly high school kids like it because they feel they are reading/watching something they shouldn't.

Now Larry Clark's photography on the other hand...I can get behind that.

Chuck Palahniuk is a genius wtf are you babbling about?

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

Please login first to reply.