Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
May 3, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
LoLife

Is anybody a collector of these? I've watched a few and thinking about starting a collection. The artwork and quality of the packaging alone are worth the money.

ABOUT CRITERION

OUR MISSION

Since 1984, the Criterion Collection, a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films, has been dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing them in editions that offer the highest technical quality and award-winning, original supplements. Over the years, as we moved from laserdisc to DVD, Blu-ray disc, and online streaming, we’ve seen a lot of things change, but one thing has remained constant: our commitment to publishing the defining moments of cinema for a wider and wider audience. The foundation of the collection is the work of such masters of cinema as Renoir, Godard, Kurosawa, Cocteau, Fellini, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Hitchcock, Fuller, Lean, Kubrick, Lang, Sturges, Dreyer, Eisenstein, Ozu, Sirk, Buñuel, Powell and Pressburger. Each film is presented uncut, in its original aspect ratio, as its maker intended it to be seen. Every time we start work on a film, we track down the best available film elements in the world, use state-of-the-art telecine equipment and a select few colorists capable of meeting our rigorous standards, then take time during the film-to-video digital transfer to create the most pristine possible image and sound. Whenever possible, we work with directors and cinematographers to ensure that the look of our releases does justice to their intentions. Our supplements enable viewers to appreciate Criterion films in context, through audio commentaries by filmmakers and scholars, restored director’s cuts, deleted scenes, documentaries, shooting scripts, early shorts, and storyboards. To date, more than 150 filmmakers have made our library of Director Approved DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and laserdiscs the most significant archive of contemporary filmmaking available to the home viewer.

www.criterion.com

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

May 4, 2012 @ 02:26 AM
jaded

I have a couple Wes Anderson movies that are Criterion, but I'm not a collector. They just happened to be Criterion when I bought them.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

May 4, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
99%Shit

Overpriced, but they have a good catalogue. Got decent money when I traded them in. I just use an external HDD now, that pirate lifestyle.

Janus releases are usually the same quality, but $10-20 cheaper than their Criterion counterparts.

narsha.narsha.narsha

May 4, 2012 @ 03:47 AM
LoLife

Yea I pirate all my shit too, but some of those japanese films look so badass

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

May 7, 2012 @ 12:35 AM
99%Shit

If you PM an email, I can link you an asiatorrents.com invite, A search of 'Criterion' on there brings up 100 or so torrents.

narsha.narsha.narsha

May 7, 2012 @ 10:31 PM
LoLife

proper. i can't find good criterion downloads

Please login first to reply.