March 13, 2012 @ 05:13 PM
drtmcgrt

killa season>

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

March 13, 2012 @ 05:20 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

/thread

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

March 13, 2012 @ 05:24 PM

Inactive

education of sonny carson was dope till he got to jail, then idk it was boring for me so i just turned it off

scarface
blow
and belly
March 13, 2012 @ 07:05 PM
ribshack

I was watching Killa Season but I had to stop because that shit made my head hurt. Filmed with a Lego camera
March 14, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
sado

March 14, 2012 @ 04:47 AM
Ghidorah

Do the Right Thing - classic
March 14, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
ribshack

I just got done watching American History X. DAMN. It was good but it was crazy
March 14, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
shecky_shabazz

Coming to America
Rebound: Legend of Earl the Goat Manigault
Friday
Hustle and Flow
Pootie Tang
Juice
Dangerous Minds
He Got Game
Barbershop
Poetic Justice
A Low Down Dirty Shame
March 14, 2012 @ 06:14 AM
$$$$$$$$

A Day In The Life
March 19, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
xVILLN

this movie is wayyyyyyyy to slept on

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

March 20, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
chex

toy story 3 was g as fuck. that bear pimped the shit outta them
March 21, 2012 @ 04:03 AM
thrillmatic

Boyz N The Hood taught me that I'm hella blessed to have been raised in a white neighborhood. I'm not even trippin over Ricky getting murked or the other crazy shit. I remember the scenes where Tre's dad is dropping knowledge, talking about gentrification and the cultural bias on the SAT (that shit don't affect me though cause I sound like a cracka).

The problem is that the film is dated. South Central ain't fucked up like that anymore. Niggas like Tyler and Kendrick Lamar wouldn't have been relevant 20+ years ago, but they're here now. Even Watts is aight during the day if you aren't wearing colors or throwing up signs. But rich kids in the suburbs watch that film and then they see niggas in AP classes like me and they're like "WTF"

Menace II Society is more action-oriented though.

He Got Game is some real shit, not even about basketball but the culture that athletes in the hood grow up in as well as how white society perceives them, DeAnthony Thomas for the Oregon Ducks played against my high school his senior year during the playoffs.This nigga was the fastest prep 200 meter runner that year, and the number 1 football player in the nation. He committed to USC but changed his mind after taking a last-minute trip up to Eugene. When he told USC's coach Lane Kiffin that he was decommitting Kiffin wuz like "ARE U SERIOUS?!". I dunno what happened when he went up to Oregon, but I'm sure it involved a grip of white bitches, some Patron and a thick envelope from a "loyal alumnus".

New Jack City (shout out to my avatar) turned Wesley into that dark-skinned nigga in Hollywood that nobody wanted to fuck with. Even though the end product was aight, that film was straight up coonery. Made Brooklyn look like the Congo. Whatever. Now that nigga is in prison for tax evasion, so I guess that movie was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Friday and Don't Be A Menace were Ice Cube's/Papa Wayan's way of banking in on that white guilt kicking in during the Clinton years, them films allowed people to chill out.and not be so serious around niggas.

Do The Right Thing isn't "hood" persay, just a take on race relations. Although I know from someone I used to go to school with that Bed-Stuy is a place that a lot of taxi drivers don't like rolling through at night. Same goes for American History X, but Venice Beach be aight. More hippies than neo-Nazi niggas.

Coming To America ain't hood. I'm African, and I dunno about rich niggas coming from overseas, but alot the African niggas raised in Los Angeles got white bitches. What a shame. Niggas need to watch that film and realize they got a heritage. You would pull bad-ass sistas if you come up and be like "my name is (insert whack ass native name here), Chief of (insert bullshit ass tribe name here)". Ok, that won't pull any biddies, but it's still worth the effort.

Y'all niggas need to step your documentary game up. Beef should've been mentioned.

Idk about Paid In Full, but I know that Roc-A-Fella Films made that shit along with State Property. I would never trust Damon Dash with anything more than sheer bullshit blaxploitation.

I've never seen Hustle And Flow, Killa Season or the rest of these films, so I won't comment on something I don't have knowledge about.

That's my two cents. Coming from a nigga who spent a good amount of the first half of his life in South Los Angeles before he became a bitch nigga, stopped hanging out with his dad around town and posted up at home in the Valley jacking off and playing video games on the weekends.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

March 21, 2012 @ 04:19 AM
ribshack

Coming from a nigga who spent a good amount of the first half of his life in South Los Angeles before he became a bitch nigga, stopped hanging out with his dad around town and posted up at home in the Valley jacking off and playing video games on the weekends.

I feel you man. I grew up in Inglewood til high school started, now I'm living in Westwood & go to a diverse ass school near the Beach.
March 21, 2012 @ 12:39 PM
thrillmatic

Coming from a nigga who spent a good amount of the first half of his life in South Los Angeles before he became a bitch nigga, stopped hanging out with his dad around town and posted up at home in the Valley jacking off and playing video games on the weekends.

I feel you man. I grew up in Inglewood til high school started, now I'm living in Westwood & go to a diverse ass school near the Beach.

What school is it?

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

March 21, 2012 @ 03:50 PM
ribshack

What school is it?

Palisades
April 2, 2012 @ 03:47 AM
SoleFresh87

BELLY if i havent mentioned it already.

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

April 2, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
scarlem

+1 fo he got game
April 2, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

Idk about Paid In Full, but I know that Roc-A-Fella Films made that shit along with State Property. I would never trust Damon Dash with anything more than sheer bullshit blaxploitation.

State Property is ignorant as fuck but Paid In Full is pure greatness... there's a great message in it

www.NickyDsss.com

April 2, 2012 @ 05:13 AM
HabsFan

/thread If you can find a version with english subtitles. LA HAINE.

April 2, 2012 @ 06:54 AM
unknown force

Do the Right Thing - classic

tbh i didn't/don't like that movie
i like some of spikes other movies but for some reason i could never get in to DTRT. it might be because i had to do a paper and project on it but idk

the wood is one of my favorites, relivin dem high school memories

and menace 2 society made me fall in love with foxbody mustangs and

April 2, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
ribshack

I like black movies but I'm not a fan of spike lee or tyler perry films
April 2, 2012 @ 04:54 PM
thrillmatic

I like black movies but I'm not a fan of spike lee or tyler perry films

Why both? Most either are down with one or the other. I lean toward Spike but some of Tyler's shit gets to me from time to time.

February 21, 2013 @ 08:03 PM
primez

I haven't seen that many, but I love Boyz N The Hood.
February 22, 2013 @ 01:11 AM
Araab-Muzik

Belly!
Get Rich or Die Trying
February 22, 2013 @ 11:25 PM
oemor

Strapped is mad slept on
February 22, 2013 @ 11:51 PM
JOHNDO3

Boyz N The Hood always
March 9, 2013 @ 07:44 AM
Stereotype