Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
January 14, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
jaded

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1524137/

Saw this movie last night and unfortunately it wasn't very good. Anyone else see it?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

January 14, 2012 @ 07:29 PM
THiZZ

You couldn't tell from the trailer LMAO...
January 14, 2012 @ 07:43 PM
jaded

Well it's based on an Icelandic film that has great reviews, on rottentomatoes.com it's at 8.2/10, and it won a handful of awards. Mark Wahlberg said after seeing it, he knew he had to bring it to the US, and the guy that produced and starred in the Icelandic movie directed the US version, so I was hoping for a good movie. Unfortunately, it wasn't good at all. I might have to find a copy of the Icelandic version to see what they changed. I didn't pay much attention to the trailer because I knew all this other stuff about the movie going into it.

January 15, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
9inchesofsole

Mods merge. Had this thread in lock last year
OG "Contraband" Thread
January 15, 2012 @ 03:30 AM
THiZZ

Well it's based on an Icelandic film that has great reviews, on rottentomatoes.com it's at 8.2/10, and it won a handful of awards. Mark Wahlberg said after seeing it, he knew he had to bring it to the US, and the guy that produced and starred in the Icelandic movie directed the US version, so I was hoping for a good movie. Unfortunately, it wasn't good at all. I might have to find a copy of the Icelandic version to see what they changed. I didn't pay much attention to the trailer because I knew all this other stuff about the movie going into it.

Ahhh now that i did not know. I just remember seeing the trailer for this like a month or two back and was thinking god this movie is gonna be shit once they revealed the plot. Gonna check out the original though since its got such good reviews...
January 15, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
PlatinumRespect

saw it and actually liked it. havent seen the original, but this really wansn't too bad. had a pretty good cast too
January 15, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
jaded

I don't know, the way Wahlberg talked about it, I expected a unique twist on the typical heist movie. In reality, it's basically the plot of Gone in 60 Seconds.

January 31, 2012 @ 04:49 AM
mikefromucla

fan of mark wahlberg but this movie looks extremely mediocre from its advertisements

Please login first to reply.